Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

Hows the custom animation pack going to work?

Oh, and maybe I missed out on something, but I downloaded 7.1 and I don't get the kneel and lean animation (but I do get the stand and lean, and the roll). Was that taken out?

its gonna install into the Y2K3\DTA folder and will be purely for Y2K3 unless u move them into anohter DTA folder

the crouch and lean. go back to page 24 or 25 where i posted the config and animation pbo file u need for that to work. i was pumpin it out too fast and locke was 2 steps ahead of me which is why that 7.1 is a "beta" and the final will include other fine tweaks and additions.

about the lag, you mention a chopper. which chopper are you using? cuz i vaugly recall the Mi17 had some problems in terms of lag mabe they accidently resurfaced

Thanks Pappy. I love Y2K3 man, can't wait for the next version!

well i dont think its the chopper but may be the units because iv used that chopper befor and no lagg. could u check those unit out for me and iv used those units on other missions and frezz when i get to the action part of the game gets laggy first then frezzs on me but iv had this often on some missons it just frezzes on me but thats on those ORCS units iv notice. plz check those ORCS units out for me on ur mod u mit be able to fix it or come up with something biggrin_o.gif its those units for sure though all the ORCS units i get laggy and frezzes on actions parts of missions plz check it out on u mod test it out wink_o.gif thx wink_o.gif yep just looked on all my missions and all the ones that frezzz up and get real lagggy got ORCS units in them so its the ORCS units crazy_o.gif just dont know why that is. try them out if could, all the ORCS units do this RF, Air born units rock.gif i dont get it crazy_o.gif why all why sad_o.gif i love those ORCS units biggrin_o.gif

well if you can conclude its those units.

then thats your problem. check their download links. cuz i used the orcs "low res" soldiers for the east troops. thier mobile infantry. mabe you accidently downloaded a hi res version of thier airborne troops?

just a quick update folks. im gonna be removing the Laser Rangers from Y2K3 and be using the Hyk SF units. this conclusion didnt come lightly. it took me 8 whole seconds to decide on it. he released verison 2.0 of his rangers and weapons pack. i extracted the weapon pack and it says "55 megs" and im like "Fuck that" 55 megs for a frickin weaponpack is absolutly insane. thats 55 useless megs for Y2K3. cuz i dont use them. i just use the units. and im gonna take a wild guess and say the size of the rangers doubled too. so no. im removing them from Y2K3 to lighten up the load OFP needs to boot up with.

also santuary brought to my attention a way to make the pistol animations changed from their defaults. and thanks to lockes new innovation i should be able to give you all custom pistol animations to overwrite the orginal shity ones for the next version too. 7.1 Final.  so this is just one more thing to tack on to the change log (not that i ever kept one lol) for you all.

edit: question is do you want the one with the pack or without? im using the one without. up to yall thou

Sorry about this, but I found a bug. I downloaded the version that lets you lean etc, and now when I open flashpoint, there is no background. Normally you see desert island with some guys there, but now it just the sea in pitch black. rock.gif

Also, the game crashes when I select AH-1 in the mission editor.

Other than that, the mod is great smile_o.gif

yea that pitch black crap i dont know why it does that. when you come back to it an animation will load.

about the AH1 i dont know why it would crash. makes no sense. i mean the addon is there in the addons folder. unless you modified your Y2K3\Addons folder?

edit ive decided to use the hyk special forces with the face mask thingy.

oh and ive re-enabled the "goggles down" option for the normal soldier.

sfnad.jpg

Special Forces Units pictured above with working goggles.

Other Changes for the Special Forces:

Special Forces Day:

M4A1 SOPMOD with xm177e3 (m4 unsilenced) Magazines

Mk23 Unsilenced

3x Satchel Charges

Special Forces Night:

M4A1 SOPMOD with Silenced M4 Magazines

Mk23 Silenced

3x Satchel Charges

Special Forces Laser Designator:

G36SD

Mk23SD

Laser Designator

the change is SF day will have the same shit as SF night except it will be unsilenced.  smile_o.gif

ahhh does the hight res units mean more ahhh what does it mean lol sorry just whant to know wink_o.gif

i was hoping to try the new Laser Spec Ops on ur mod sad_o.gif , cant u make a config for them, or is to much work?

you can do it yourself upon release. its easy to do. but i dont plan on doing it because 100+ megs for a handful of soldiers and weapons is absolutly rediculous. im not saying his work is bad. but i refuse to download anything that big unless it has a helluvalot more to ofer. i mean the SEB Nam Pack 2.0 is half the size of his delta and rangers and has 40x the stuff his pack does. look at your Y2K3 Addons folder. its 725 megs. for just the addons. now... how many of you here are willing to make that 800 megs... just for 1 special forces unit? 100 megs for one solider.

and i might look into VIT's AH1W to replace the AH1 we have now but unless im extremly impressed... i will probably stick with what im using now.

no offense to those that like his if i choose not to use it. its just after this release you will need to remove lsr_rang.pbo (but leave the weapons as they are needed for the hyk soldiers that werent used in y2k3) and i really dont feel like explaining to a couple hundred people "install this, uninstall that, but dont touch this and modify that" i like to keep it simple.

Ok Pappy ill try to do so, space its not a problem here.

I want the best, and Laser Spec Ops units r the best around so Ill give it a try ;)

alright ill be updating the AH1 with that of the Vit AH1W. i worked out all the bugs including the clan logo now works and the hellfire sounds fixed

so pappy on those ORCS units its because of high res im getting the lagg and frezzzing rock.gif so what is diffrent between hight res and low res rock.gif and on the low res ORCS that come with the mod i get this laggy issue also whats up with this, and i got an good vid card an 5700 G- Force ultra i should not get this should i rock.gif and what can i do to make this not laggy and frezzing on me rock.gif dont say dont use them plz wink_o.gif

well its very simple and althou i know you wont take this advice im gona say it anyway.

if it is causing a problem. dont use it. rock.gif

the high res one's are high resolution textures that cause ALOT of lag. the low res ones, look just as good but without the lag.

the only thing i can tell you is not to use those units. if they lag. then you shouldnt use them. or deal with the lag. thats jsut the way it is.. i mean theres no reason why Y2K3 would cause 3rd party addons to lag or fault.

cool all good thx. but have u used those units the Air born ORCS in ur mod and have they caused u the same problem rock.gif

<span style='color:red'>MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE</span>

For those of you that encountered the infamous data errors from the included data and data3d.pbo files. A Solution has been brought upon you. Y2K3 site in the downloads section has a Y2K3 Environment Pack. basicly its an installer that will install the skys, night vision, and a new wrist watch. once installed you should be able to run Y2K3 without the "missing data uralt" crap  smile_o.gif

How It Works:

1) you run the installer

the default install path is

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Y2K3

2) when the installer is finished <span style='color:red'>make sure you have "run Y2K3 Sky Pack & More" option checked</span>

3) then click "exit" and the installer for the skypack will initiate.

4) press anykey to continue on the install.bat

5) when its finished. just start Y2K3. no additional changes needed smile_o.gif

Pappy, I have a bizarre problem. I have used Y2K3 to play several User missions and Campaigns and it works fine.

However I have a saved game in the Too young to Die campaign and when I try to resume the mission it crashes the game.

Any ideas why this might be? It also occurs when I use Y2K3 to play Operation Mercury campaign (which also Lags like hell!!) rock.gif

Pappy, I have a bizarre problem. I have used Y2K3 to play several User missions and Campaigns and it works fine.

However I have a saved game in the Too young to Die campaign and when I try to resume the mission it crashes the game.

Any ideas why this might be? It also occurs when I use Y2K3 to play Operation Mercury campaign (which also Lags like hell!!) rock.gif

that normally happens if you played these campaigns in normal ofp and then try to start it with a modification like y2k3, eecp or ffur.

you'll have to revert to the beginning to make sure no problems will occur

Did u make that save using Y2K3 mod?

EDIT: Same time as Tomi biggrin_o.gif

Where can I get the latest version, updates, and stuff like the Locke animation enhancement cofig?

Can you post links and a brief description of each component?

Thanks! biggrin_o.gif

Thanks Mantra and Tomislav I did make the saves in Y2K3 but maybe I tried to start Y2K3 with a different Mod folder. I'll check it tonight

Where can I get the latest version, updates, and stuff like the Locke animation enhancement cofig?

Can you post links and a brief description of each component?

Thanks! biggrin_o.gif

page 23 and 24 have a 7.1 beta patch. 24 has the updated config with lockes animations.

but the Final 7.1 patch will be posted here in teh forums... on the Y2K3 site... AND in the downloads section of the Y2K3 Site.

its currently awaiting lockes final release of his animation pack.

Pappy, was muzzle flash and muzzle smoke added to Y2K3? I'm wondering how it worked out and if FFX should use it too. Both mods are great in their own way.

Y2K3 has had muzzle smoke for a long time now.

however the "flashram" which i assume you are talking about is nice.. however its unrealistic. and would annoy the HELL out of me seeing large lights flashing everytime someone fired a gun. so its not gonna happen. sorry.

I've just loaded the Y2K3 for the first time...question ...Whsat is the "extra files installer do?..its not in the install instructions?