Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Wishlist for AI commands:

1 AI commands need better ROE options. "Fire on my lead" and "return fire only" in OFP Dragon Rising were 2 of the most useful commands I've seen in a milsim.

2 There needs to be a command to disable the AI from using secondary weapons. You have no idea how incredibly pissed off I get in Arma 2 when one of my squadmates wastes an AT rocket on a single rifleman thats like 300m away.

3 A context sensitive command to tell the AI to take cover behind something (like a wall) would be an absolute godsend.

1. Integrated Zombie Module

2. set up unlimited sides/side relations - or at least expand it to 9 sides; allows you to set up competing sides that engage eachother; for instance, if you set opfor to be enemy of civs, both AI civs and opfor should always egage eachother.

3. Expand uniform variety, add winter versions of cloths and uniforms worn based on time of year

4. Pick up/move/drag/load/stack/rotate and destroy any object on map; small items lift and carry, medium items drag, big/heavy items limited to load/unload

5. Add tow chain/tow bar, and maybe a specfic recovery vehicle /flatbed to recover damaged vehicles; allow certain vehicles to tow vehicles of equal size or smaller

6. Integrated Zombie Module

7. Add a player operated bulldozer, bucket loader, and dumptruck to smooth terrain, dig/fill in low terrain, move dirt, clear trees, instead of simply knocking them down

8. Rethink construction to require materials instead of money; Hescos would need a Hesco Kit and a bucket loader to make; pile of sandbags and pile of dirt, and maybe a log pile/wood stack to build a bunker; either scavange or request delivery by air/sea for the materials.

9. AI Civilians 'do' stuff - fix a car, garden, paint house, repair fence, go to market, hang up washing, drink coffee at cafe, sit and smoke on a porch or bench; AI Civilians run in fear into houses/nearest best protection when bullets fly.

10. Increase damage limits on vehicles, or give an option to increase their toughness. It seems to e quite easy to kill a vehicle, armored car or tank

11. Allow option of Tire Change to fix red tires on a vehicle; anyone can do it

12. Option to set up or block up to 9 comms channels; be able to block a channel by side or group or have an 'invititation/acceptance' by the senior leader on the net.

13. Integrated Zombie Module

14. Weather affects stamina, aim, whatever; cold makes you occaisionally shivver; wet makes you occaisionally sneeze; extreme dry causes occaisional cough; AI and players affected.

16. Stuff has real life applications: Fuel Cans carry fuel and water barrells carry water, and may be emptied and refilled; wells provide water sources; cargo boxes/connexes have space to store items. Make the 'eye candy' have a purpose for players, as storage, temporary barricades, replenishmnet of supplies/water/medical, whatever.

18. Ability to make and set IEDs, molotovs, trip grenade/flares with possession of correct materials. Add road flares to items.

19. Injured players/AI are 'gimped' - a wounded leg causes slow movement and limp/foot dragg; wounded arm or head difficulty driving, climbing, increased aiming sway; chest wound difficulty running/breathing reduce stamina; head wound random 'blurring' of vision.

20. Allow container items default storage slots, similar to ammo crates; for instance, a garbage can can have 5 slots, garbage container 20 slots, crate 20 slots, desk 5 slots etc.

21. Did I mention an Integrated Zombie Module....? Spawns Zeds at random, choice of crawler/jumper/stumbler/runner as undead/infected or all of the above. Lets face it: we like military shooters, and we hate zombies. As an option that is integrated into ARMA 3 rather than modded. There was a reason the Undead Mod, DZS, and DayZ are so popular. It doesn't have to be the game, but rather an option for fun. And besides, as we all know....

... the Zombie Apocolypse IS coming. So lets get ready....

I'd like to suggest an even more generic feature than what is posted above: How about a complex Integrated Survival Module, whether that's waves of zombies, Iranian soldiers, planes, tanks, helicopters, or animals even.

Not only that, but how about a Living World Module that make the world (or island/terrain, whatever) alive. As in, NOT waves of spawning enemies, but as in clear, defined BLUFOR zone and OPFOR zone, and complete with civilians across the map (in essence, kinda like a campaign environment in the editor). And provide a way to make appropriate settings in config files, so that terrain/island addon makers can configure their own Living World settings. For example, this kind of module on the addon island Lingor would layout BLUFOR, OPFOR, and civilians across the island the way IceBreakr envisions Lingor. So, for Limnos, it could spread BLUFOR, OPFOR, civilians, and animals even, across the island in a similar way to where they are located in the campaign. So you'd have a concentration of Iranian forces near Myrina and the Iranian base for example, and other locations in the campaign. So, kinda like the campaign without the campaign restrictions and limitations (having to complete a certain objective with only certain assets)

Can we get things fixed from OFP like;

- Things sounding too close

- Clunky animations that don't seamlessly integrate with how a normal body functions (i.e. in Arma 2 if I lower my weapon I stop for an instant whislt i'm walking - Changing weapons that get stuck going through cycles. Weapons getting stuck in buildings? wtf! still? make the damn model lift the weapon out of the way)

- clunky horrible movement - nothing feels fluid

I can't believe I'm still seeing this crap in Arma 2 when this has been present since OFP and never addressed! it's 12 years guys this is no excuse

-3rd person view only when in vehicle

-"who is in your vehicle and in what position" on hud. Kind of like in BF(3). Icon of position and name.

Enemy Ai needs a huge tweek verse what is being shown in the example vids by Bis.

No one should be able to "sneak" through an outpost or base in releatively plain sight even in the opposing force uniform, thats for the movies.

No one should be able to act "oddly" while walking through a base or outpost, ie; doing things out of the ordinary like having a weapon leveled and looking around inside without immeadiately warning the organic elements.

No one should be able to recon an outpost will nilly (inside), someone with a strange (new) face is like throwing a lit flare and stating i am in your base.

Stealing a vehicle is next to impossible or should be unles a firefight is going on and confusion and situational awareness is down. And contrary to popular belief you will die in most cases trying to get in, or out with one at an outpost or base. Assumption is the opposing force is beyond stupid, they are not, not even the green troops (i understand there are exceptions) most often it is the green troops that are most alert because they do not want to get in trouble from big sarge.

Aircraft in Arma do not slide in the atmosphere as they should, no aircraft is on rails, especially helis with troops or fixed wing troop transports, some flight realism needs to be added to the aircraft part of this great sim.

Wishlist for AI commands:

1 AI commands need better ROE options. "Fire on my lead" and "return fire only" in OFP Dragon Rising were 2 of the most useful commands I've seen in a milsim.

2 There needs to be a command to disable the AI from using secondary weapons. You have no idea how incredibly pissed off I get in Arma 2 when one of my squadmates wastes an AT rocket on a single rifleman thats like 300m away.

3 A context sensitive command to tell the AI to take cover behind something (like a wall) would be an absolute godsend.

One of my pet peeves is concurred with ROE/AI concerns in general.

One thing that absolutely drives me batty about the AI in ARMA is the fact that the AI will become fixated on targets and oncoming fire to the point where they will go immobile and attempt to fight to the death.

In mout situations, this is a death sentence, if you need to move quickly through close quarters, sometimes the AI must know when to ignore targets and simply RUN.

I would suggest if you issue a command after the AI has acknowledged the presence of enemy ai, that they disregard the AI and incoming gunfire and simply comply, often times that means the difference between life and death.

Can we get rid of the ridiculous amount of folders Arma creates all over your f**king computer making it the most ridiculous system to try and find ur own f**king missions? Does it really require that you infest my PC with a crap load of empty folders?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C:\Users\YOURUSERFOLDER\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\MPMissions

Really??

Edited by Jex =TE=

1. Integrated zombie module and special zombie campaign.

2. Alongside opfor faction especially for warfare. I offer KSOR faction

CSTOODKB.png

KSOR - Collective Rapid Reaction Force (Russian: Коллективные Ñилы оперативного реагированиÑ, КСОР - KSOR) is a joint combined arms task force comprising independent military units from the Collective Security Treaty Organization member states. CRRF was created in 2009 with the general purpose to counter a limited military aggression against CSTO member states

According to Russian media, CRRF currently comprises following units:

Russia

98th Guards airborne division (Ivanovo);

31st Guards air assault brigade (Ulyanovsk);

Kazakhstan

37th air assault brigade (Taldykorgan);

Marine forces battalion;

Belarus

Spetsnaz brigade;

Armenia

Infantry battalion;

Kyrgyzstan

Infantry battalion;

Tajikistan

Infantry battalion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_Rapid_Reaction_Force

Edited by Ihatecheaters

Animation system:

the animations should depent on the combat mode. for example:

there could be 3 types:

- combat mode

when someone is firing onto you the animations should be different/faster.

- danger

enemies are spotted, your movements are a bit faster but you still try to keep stealth and quiet.

- at ease

when no enemies are in sight, animations should be slow and ease. the standart walking speed could change into "limited" as if you were holding shift.

these combat modes should be recognized by the game automaticly, may let there be also the posibility to do this manual.

for example, when someone is firing at you and the bullets are passing your face then it should go into combat mode.

danger, when you have spotted enemies.

the thing is, atm the animations are always the same like getting into a vehicle, climbing up a ladder, or just walking. but if you get into a vehicle in combat you do it just more hectically than if you'd do it in the home base.

Please use better ballistics for rocket launchers. In ArmA2 rockets fly straight ahead wich makes it too easy to hit at long ranges.

Team PvP modes inspiration

Notes

• Some game types (like CTF, TDM or Onslaught) should have equipment pickup locations (like in Quake). Everyone will start only with some sh1t weapon (like m9 pistol) and they'll have to control locations to have better equipment. Respawn delay of equipment should be balanced (by map and equipment type). For example in some TDM map everybody would start with M9. There would be items like MP5, M60, M4, kevlar vest and flashbangs. Kevlar vest and M4 should have higher respawn delay (25 - 35 secs). Some über equipment (like M4) could be placed in the middle of the map in CTF for example.
  • In CTF flags should have RED and BLUE color! Currently they look almost same.
  • In QL the CTF maps can be divided into base, front-base (in front of base), middle, enemy-front-base and enemy-base. Normally you spawn in base or front-base (don't know how it's decided). However if enemy has your flag you can spawn in enemy-front-base. It makes game more dynamic. In case of ARMA the base should mean behind base.
  • The current MP interface sucks. For example before new player joins the game he has no way to figure out which team loses. Score-board shows only frags.
    Example scoreboards:
    CTF after matche ends: http://static.clanbase.com/CB/screenshots/10070500_1.jpg
    Keyhunt during match: http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/ak1bwdciggz0e5t7tl.jpg
    CTF during match: http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/e7w5wpihf1c7fed2gnfv.jpg
    Bomb defusal during match (biggest number is the actual score): http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2010/06/counter-strike-scoreboard.jpg
    Of course it's very specific to these fast FPS shooters (accuracy stats for example) but the point is I get detailed overview per PvP mode.

Edited by batto

A Bohemia developed Domination style multiplayer.

Domination is probably the multiplayer option most people played. After a while, Insurgency became a lot of folks favorite. I always wish it was a default game-play option that was developed by Bohemia so there wouldn't be so many bugs and it would run smoother. That being the basis I will now toss in what I believe would be universally better changes to the Domination/Insurgency Mod.

The ability to spawn your own defense forces and arrangements in newly captured towns and the home base.

Radio alerts when one of these have made contact.

The ability for a commander to suggest squad assignments and points for following assigned commands.

An insurgency type resistance on the map (scale-able)

The option to have the insurgency assault and attempt to retake points.

In general someone or an AI should manage defense if the players are all attacking the next point. However that defense should not be perfect nor predictable.

The base command center should make it possible to turn AI defense building on or off or to supplement it with player chosen options that would not then be immediately undone by the AI once re-enabled.

I would love to see a Natural Selection (old half-life mod) type command system with a war map that someone sits down at and then is able to just assign objectives and structures to be destroyed or built. (the tower on the airfield would look great with a war map in it).

The command structure should be AI optional, but simple not too complex.

Each town has a command and the base has a high command.

If high command is a player and assigns a town command to build some TOW's for defense. High command does not dictate where, just that they be built. the town commander might be an AI or Player but would then automatically use it's, His, or Her judgement on the actual placement.

Some form of points or resupply system should be used to generate these constructions. At minimum some time delay before they are constructed.

Once a commander orders a structure to be built a unit must actually go build it. A player engineer or AI engineer company might be the tool for completing this task.

The idea would overall be that you can scale the difficulty of domination down to make it fun for casual gamers where they just run and take objectives and respond to AI commands to retake or support towns as necessary.

Or to scale it up for a CLAN who wants to have folks in each command position managing defense and support while others are taking objectives and being the flying force, filling gaps in defenses and responding to side missions.

Speaking of which keep side missions.

1. Realistic penetration/damage model for armoured vehicles;

2. Optional possibility to turn OFF some engine limitations: limited CPU cycles for SQF scripts, number of visible/present particles, number of light sources;

3. Realistic model of light fading with distance.

If it can be done perfectly well in Iron Front then we need to have it in Arma3 as standard!

And for ammunition types.

Addon download tool in game ( to download custom addons from server)

- a dedicated keystroke for cocking your weapon. so if you reloaded with one in the chamber you wouldn't have to press it, but if you reloaded from empty and then forgot to pull the slide/cock the trigger, the weapon wouldn't fire. would add a lot of realism to the infantry experience. you'd have to make it specifically per weapon.

Full control of characters stance, from kneeling to stood up sraight seemlessly via the vertical axis of Trackir...

So you can bend your knees progressively instead of a fixed 'KNEEL' 'CROUCH' 'STAND' and bob up and down to shoot over structures of varying heights.

Copy-pasted after being moved to offtopic.

Just stumbled upon this:

OK. So... Imagine yourself in-game, pulling the trigger of a virtual rifle (or even a dummy), just like if you were holding an air guitar.

Or driving a car with your hands on a virtual steering wheel or even steering your parachute with your hands holding virtual steering handles...

Possibilities are endless and looks like there's a solution.

TrackIR!? What a joke...

Take a good look at this :

9vTI0c56vCc

_d6KuiuteIA

SDK's are free to download for developement and the device itself is ready for preorder for 80 bucks...

http://leapmotion.com/

Me? I'm speechless and filled with hope.

Hope that the Devs will somehow hear about this and that this spark will ignite their creative heads

(I'm imagining myself continuously trying to light a gas-less lighter near Ivan's head, sayin': "C`mon, man!!!!, C`mon!!!")

I have been a long time fan, player since operation flashpoint, and I have owned every game since. I only have a few suggestions for Arma III.

1. Implement seperate control binds for Fixed wing aircraft and rotor wing.

2. Allow for mouse controls to be read as analog input, where the center of the screen is a deadzone and any mouse movement outside of this area counts as an analog joystick type input. An example of this model would be Microsoft Flight. They also have an overlay element in their UI that shows where your pointer is in relation to the deadzone, this might be a good toggleable option also.

The reason I suggest this is that I always bind flight controls as mouse forward=pitch down, mouse back=pitch up, mouse left=roll left, mouse right=roll right, w=throttle up, s=throttle down, a=rudder left, d=rudder right. This configuration is beautiful for chopper controls, but not great for fixed wing, since you cannot give constant pitch/roll input. The reason it works so well is that I can transition between infantry and air controls almost seamlessly.

I have tried using PPJoy to emulate joystick input using mouse input, and it works very well in ARMA II's fixed wing aircraft, but not so well in choppers. Also, binding with PPJoy is a living nightmare, and it interfere's horribly with alt+mouselook.

3. (I may be completely wrong about this, feel free to correct me!) Last thing to consider is the way the F-35 handles VTOL flight in real life. Unlike the Harrier which is modeled fairly well in your games, the F-35 handles VTOL flight by switching the way it handles pilot input in it's avionics. Pushing the stick forward reduces thrust, causing the plane to decend. Pulling the stick back causes the plane to ascend. Normal roll input will cause the plane to strafe in the correct direction, and rudder input affects yaw. All the while, the plane remains horizontally level and handles minor corrections via it's own inertial sensors. At least this is what I've read. It makes for an extremely easy and stable landing and takeoff.

Anyway, These are all fairly simple suggestions and if I had any knowledge of modding I would try to make this mod for ArmaII and Iron Front (which I have preordered and am super excited about :D )

CANNOT WAIT for an ARMA III pre-order + beta or alpha. I sincerely love your games BI and please keep up the good work!

Edited by blanchjo

i don't know if it's already scribed somewhere in this thread but here what i want :

i want people to download custom camos the other made for the character customisation IN-GAME.

let me explain, you guys have played counter strike ? well, when you go in a server with custom sound, you can downoad them OR not ( if you choose in the options ), and i want the same thing in ArmA 3 but only for camos.

-Option for non-toggled ironsights

-Sleeve noise when pulling up sights (or some audio indictator)