Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

The US4CES camo pattern(s). As some of you may or may not know, the US Army is looking for a new camo pattern and the US4CES has been selected as a finalist.

I don't expect BIS to change the pattern for NATO/US this far into development (even though it';s still Alpha), but it would be nice if we get it as a bonus in a post release patch/free DLC :)

One compliant is how your squad doesn't respond correctly to your commands, when you tell it to move to a certain point he will more 5 meters or more away from what you pointed.

Two and most importantly can BIS improve the way commands are given, make the interface more 3D, for example in some games you have a icon that you can drag around and put behind objects telling where the soldiers to go, the command system is so clunky, with the text options is there a way to group or present it better so in battle i can issue commands faster to my troops

Also I really feel arma 2 is lacking and thats the ability to load injured soldiers on to a helicopter in a stretcher or a vehicle. Usually he either dies in field or you can heal him back to full strength. I would like the option that a medivac of some sort be called in by land or air and then your injured solider is loaded on to the vehicle and he is then transported away to safety, rather than instant heals in the field. But being able to transport the injured body is something that I really would like to see.

I was thinking it would be quite cool if Bohemia made a smartphone app as a bonus to go along with the release of the game, something like an interactive map of the game world you could browse on your smartphone. It could map out grid coordinates of known friendly neutral and enemy locations via USB synchronisation with your main PC, so if you get bored when you're out and about you could look at places of interest that you might want to explore, or make plans for troop movements in an upcoming mission.

Perhaps you could experiment with mimicking an ARMA verse Operating system, and have options to browse through the Arms smugglers stock or look at team members and allies status in a psuedo communications network. And it could provide a link to status updates or notifications from the BIS team under the premise of an in game news uplink. Maybe even a link to the forums and armaholic.

That would really add immersion, it would allow players to integrate the ARMA verse with their everyday lives, and let the player experience and familiarise themselves with this new game world on a level beyond their desktop.

Also, Hi all, first post here, but have been playing since armed assault!

if you ever want to do an expansively for this game and you want to add an island in operation flashpoint sary kolgujev island that is identical to our island where we live is called Tenerife and the Canary Islands in Spain and my group I we offer to help with movements of the soldiers so free and know the island a Greeting

here you have the image of the island of Armed Assault and our island Tenerife

http://www.theofpfaq.ashnav.co.il/misc/realislands.htm

Not sure if this has been mentioned. But I'd love to see an option in the editor for placing units in certain positions in a house. Because from a person who does quite a bit of mission editing, having to use the setPos command all the time or use UPSMON (God Bless Kronzky) is a little pain in the butt. Nothing too big but something that would be helpful.

Wounded units simulatet. With ragdoll it would be AWESOME. It's the only thing arma still needs. And physics for broken trees so trees no longer fall like arma2 trees. Seriously. Why don't bis make that first aid thing. It's unrealistic when everybody alwaysdie when shot or injured.

Server Browser:

Ability to sort by Country and City

Allow server admits to enter this info manually as opposed to using IP geolocation.

Knives....please? not a button or animation either, i want an actual weapon slot for the knife or bayonet.

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

It's unrealistic when everybody alwaysdie when shot or injured.

Try the A.C.E mod it changes that entirely and adds a wounding system, But i agree, BIS should cover it in Arma 3.

Only thing i want from Arma3 Bohemia is that you make game run smoothly with more fps then Arma2. I am sad when i see 25-30 fps :butbut: on my intel2600k+GTX680.

Performance is no.1 for me everything else is secondary.

And first thing gamer see in game is title screen when he installs game and i was disappointed when i install Arma 2 first time. No music laggy video.

it was so much better in Operation Flashpoint Cold War, Anthem of Russia Gorbachev talking in background gun shots, explosions and you know that

game is going to be grate.

Editor:

Able to spawn driveable ships and subs: Nimitz class (able to land on), Ohio Class (able to launch missiles), Arizona class. also destroyers and all that

Able to spawn bombers: (Stealth bomber and so on)

Able to make random patrols and random enemy units.

Able to choose how big a bomb should be: like 100 pounds to 2000.

Gameplay:

Soldiers have knifes.

Better parachute system...

Tanks is able to "Drive through Buildings"

better support of mods:

i.e. atm to join some server you must have same -mod=@blablabla to join a server.

but if you can join server if you got that @mods folders at arma3 dir and it will be extremely better if you could manage mods right ingame like "expansions", so you don't have to mess with shortcuts n shit.

and yeah, i know about lauchers and six updater

CQB equipment

- Stun, teargas & incendiary grenades

- Diverse bullet types (original Rainbow Six had two types, more types as in more simulations is better, armor piercing vs. fatal injuries)

- Gas masks

- Door breaching explosives

- Diverse body armour types (from very light to very heavy)

- Helmets (pistol round protection)

To be used in upcoming A3 CQB (PvP for example) or at least by modders.

Edited by batto

- a "Cover Me/That (Man/Vehicle e.t.c)" command for AI squad members so you can position members in overwatch and assign them friendly units to watch over. They should then fire on units that threaten that unit.

AI should report that they have received your command e.g. "Roger. Covering sniper/vehicle/unit 5." e.t.c.

What I want to be incorporated into Arma 3 is support for Kinect for PC.That way we will be able to incorporate hand signals and make our own cutom made animations directly into the game if we had a working API for it .We need a way to make it work with a animated hand and maybe even VR.That way we can do some "home decorating" with movable parts and if we could add in "hard points" into the characters we may be able to script/program weapon jaming and make the character execute pre-made hand to hand combat and use the Kinect for MoCap!:D

With Kinect for PC,all you have to do,is making the door of a car to open,is to add a working doorhandle and a "attach_to" command .Make it support a .pd file (.dp) for the mocap and there you go.

It`s an open project coding for everone to try out.No need for Bohemia to spend money on a project that dosen`t generate a profit-let the comunity do it.Just support the Kinect file system and add in a VR hand that can grip/hold onto things. Also....make it work with

the addon cars of Farming Simulator.

Edited by John1000

Secure anti-hacking internet connections - Hacking is common. My computer is currently hacked through playing Arma II online.

AI that obeys the safe commands - After respawning at base, too much waiting around for newly purchased AI to enter vehicles because AI is still in danger mode and does not reset to safe mode.

Looking forward to the upgrade of an already excellent game.

Edited by Roll

Complex damage model :) Something has been already said in the "detailed component-driven damage modelling" topic. Other than that - visible results of applied force, bent plates, actual parts breaking (when the rotor blades hit a structure, until now nothing really happens), parts flying off, + if possible, have ability to replace them (replacing tires, joining damaged track back together - think about the scenarios, think about how the customers of VBS would welcome such feature).

Edited by Okdante

+ if possible, have ability to replace them (replacing tires, joining damaged track back together - think about the scenarios).

+ 1 to this so you have to actually worry about logistics and bringing spare parts up if you break them. (even if its simple animations to change them but is actually quite involved to do so, i.e tank breaks engine, use a crane to go over the engine, attach engine to it, lift it out, put it down, then lift new engine in with crane and that would fix it).

EDIT:

Have it as a module or a serverside option because I know not everyone will be willing to have this.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

Seeing as how the Day Z mod is being made by a BIS employee, I'd like to see this made an official game mode in ArmA 3. That and an auto mod and map downloader are my biggest wishes.

Dan;2148125']+ 1 to this so you have to actually worry about logistics and bringing spare parts up if you break them. (even if its simple animations to change them but is actually quite involved to do so' date=' i.e tank breaks engine, use a crane to go over the engine, attach engine to it, lift it out, put it down, then lift new engine in with crane and that would fix it)[/quote']

yeah this idea is an awesome one. would add a huge amount of realism to the game. agree, average animations for this is fine. it's the thought that counts ;)

I play missions with a realism unit, it's nothing uncommon for our missions to take at least 3 hours in playing time. With this in mind you can imagine that it's very, very off-putting to be looking forward for a whole week to these epic missions (who are only played on weekend nights) and then 2 hours in just dying because you were lying under the wrong tree kills you because of physics bugs or whatever. Another example of the extremely unfortunate results of bugs would be the following. Player BabylonCome is one of the most serious players in ArmA2 that i know, you can easily see by the way he plays that once he goes into action he goes for full 100% immersion and effort (something which sets atmosphere for everyone near him, leads to serious effect on the battlefield, and ofcourse just a whole ton of fun which is why we play ArmA anyway). Right when he was about to take our squad into to a very hot zone after hours of careful planning and stealth movement, he randomly got cought up in animation bugs which did not only break immersion for him and the rest and crippled a team leader at his 100% performance for pretty much no reason at all, it also messed up the flow of the operation and forced us to spend several minutes on something we would've otherwise spent on being a tightly operating unit.

Long story short: the feature wishlist is rich in great and creative ideas that would be amazing to see in-game, though i would hope that one of the absolute top priorities of BI is to hand over the game to the players in a state as close to flawless as possible so that the whole tension around "risk of things messing up due to bugs" is simply of the past, and has no role in one's approach to playing the game anymore.

On wheeled vehicles:

CURRENTLY In Arma 2 with key "Q" you have LOW torque and LOW speed, making the transport phases sometimes boring and makes it difficult

to destroy a barrier or else without taking speed and thus destroy the most of the time the vehicle .

I PROPOSE:

Key Q: maximum torque / low speed

Key W: average torque / average speed

key E: Low torque / maximum speed

On infantry units:

CURRENTLY : "C" key unit UP, "X" MIDDLE , "Z" DOWN.

I PROPOSe that all these steps could be divide in some parts

Example: I'm UP and i press "X" Then gradually my character descant til the MIDDLE position. if I stop between the UP pos and the MIDDLE pos

it will allows me to find the good height and good cover Behind an obstacle. Same for the MIDDLE pos and pos DOWN, and even UP and DOWN.

Thanks for games since OFP