1 hour ago, SteemSucker said:

Incorrect TWR and engine performance for Black Wasp: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124666

Missing keybinds for new jets: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124667

Regarding incorrect engine performance,  I would hazard a guess this is a limit of arma itself not an overlooked issue. 

I had the wasp at 1600+ it was not pretty and my rig is not minimum spec.

10 hours ago, SuicideKing said:

Lack of SEAD: Macers can't target lased targets at the moment (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124664), and there exist no Anit-radiation missiles. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124661

This has been acknowledged by the devs and they have said they would like to add different versions of missiles with different sensors, which is great news if/when they do! As for ARMs i really hope they add them and ECMs at some point. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Man still cant get it wtf?? No mods, I pull up pressing and holding Space while setting throttle top full and they never react or move

Try this, once you get the Takeoff symbol showing up in the HUD...relax the throttle all the way back and use spacebar...it will automatically pull you up and the shooter will move off to the right...then release space bar and hold it again for the startup sequence.  Part of the problem is I think the Flight Leader sequence is bugged...he seems to be set to launch off of your actions too...and notice how he took off and ran over his Shooter in my video?

Part 2 uploading now for the landing sequence.

Lmao it was the new button configs -my Space was set as  Thruster Down while Speedbrake -of which is required, set to Middle Mouse Button -worked right away. Oi.

Thanks for you help

• Like 1

I think adding throttle carets to the HUD would improve the SA significantly when you're flying. Applying an arbitrary % throttle value in the top left corner doesn't do much to help the pilot establish whether their current throttle setting will keep them on their FPV.

If anyone doesn't know what I'm referring to, this photo from a Eurofighter Typhoon HUD video shows the throttle carets, which I've highlighted in red.

0fdJUUR.jpg

Simply put, when these are below the FPV the aircraft is telling the pilot "your current speed is unsustainable for the FPV you are trying to hold". Similarly, when the carets are above the FPV, the aircraft is saying "you'll overshoot at your current throttle %". When the FPV and carets are adjacent, the aircraft will indefinitely fly the vector because it has sufficient speed at the throttle output.

I found this most critical during carrier landings, where one had to guess at a rough % that would keep the FPV from falling below the carrier glidepath and into the sea, or from overshooting. While the AOA indicator helps somewhat, throttle carets are also applicable to other scenarios that don't involve landing, especially when attempting to maintain high performance turns. If the carets are below the FPV while turning, the turn cannot be sustained. If they're above, the turn circle is elongated and your turn becomes more of a banana in shape. When the FPV and throttle carets are adjacent again, the aircraft is able to continue turning at that output.

15 hours ago, odie0351 said:

1. Manually turn on radar for the defensive turrets in the attributes. If that isn't working then this is a concern, although from my experiments all the turret systems seem to do their jobs.

2. Unless it's effecting the ability of the turret to engage threats than it's not a big deal, still it would be nice to have fixed.

3. Don't know what it's range is supposed to be but honestly it should be able to reach out further than 8k anyways.

4. The ship should never be close enough to shore for it to detect infantry, but regardless, the system the Praetorian is based on is (or will be able to soon) capable of engaging surface threats including ships, boats, canoes, kayaks, rubber duckies etc etc. It is no stretch to think that the same system would be capable of engaging infantry if said infantry are in range, be it via an operator remote controlling the system or maybe even automation by 2035, and given as we have UGV's in game that can automatically engage targets it is reasonable to think that such a system would have similar capabilities.

Definitely agree with you that there needs to be some Anti-Radiation missles...and cluster bombs..ya know..for reasons.

1. I've tried EMCON active, it doesn't work (read the feedback ticket). Additionally, default EMCON behaviour is supposed to be active in Aware/Combat. If you connect to the turret as a UAV operator, you'll see that the radar remains off. The turrets do their jobs as long as planes/vehicles are within IR sensor range. In fact the AAA and IR SAM's radars don't seem to pick up things beyond IR range (take control of the turret). Finally, you'll find that passive radar doesn't pick up the turrets' radar signature. Oh and the centurion doesn't fire (see second ticket).

2. It is absolutely affecting the ability to engage - the turret can only pick up radar targets (although broken, see previous) in a single fixed direction. Which is a pretty big deal for a radar AAA, i would think ;). There's also an issue of consistency, as the centurion's radar sensor rotates with the turret.

3. Range is supposed to be 8km for active radar (and according to the sensor panel). It "should" be able to reach out to 19km IRL but I'm sure the gameplay ramifications for that are obvious.

4. As someone else pointed out, and as you probably well know, the turrets can and will be freely placed on the ground as well. The system the Praetorian is based on is supposed to engage incoming missiles too, it clearly doesn't do that in the game. Not adapting a real world system to the game doesn't make much sense. In terms of real world logic it's also kinda dumb to waste AAA rounds on infantry, when you need it for aircraft instead. Keep in mind the UAV/UGVs are optimised for engaging soldiers/cars, not planes. It's also worth noting that it engages parachuting pilots, which defeats the point of parachuting. Finally, engaging infantry via manual control would still be possible so if required it's not a big deal to let people do that.

TL;DR - from a mission design PoV it's way better to restrict it to engaging aircraft.

Aren't cluster bombs against the Geneva convention? :P

No, they aren't. They're against another convention which is not as universally accepted (neither US nor Russia signed it).

41 minutes ago, SuicideKing said:

It's also worth noting that it engages parachuting pilots, which defeats the point of parachuting

Don't all AI units shoot at Parachuting pilots? Which is also against the Geneva convention IIRC.
It is a universal problem with Arma's AI.

1 hour ago, froggyluv said:

Lmao it was the new button configs -my Space was set as  Thruster Down while Speedbrake -of which is required, set to Middle Mouse Button -worked right away. Oi.

Thanks for you help

Awesome!

Here's the landing and mission completion phase...I need to set GeForce Experience Share to 15 mins record...anyone know the best way to do that?

I had to land offset the normal approach to TRAP because the Tailhook script wasn't working at the time of filming.

I actually flew this mission months ago and did the entire thing in 10:37 Minutes Time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tuskin38 said:

Don't all AI units shoot at Parachuting pilots? Which is also against the Geneva convention IIRC.
It is a universal problem with Arma's AI.

The Player unit is still showing up as a target after ejection...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AV8R_Six said:

.I need to set GeForce Experience Share to 15 mins record

There is an option to manually start and stop recordings with a keybind.

1 minute ago, tuskin38 said:

There is an option to manually start and stop recordings with a keybind.

I found that, am set to F9 start/stop but the old ShadowPlay had a better UI allowing capture quality adjustments to bracket the video record time...that is where I'm having problems changing it.

PM me if you find a good Tutorial on it on video...we should save space here for JETS DLC Feedback...:don13:

On 28.04.2017 at 4:00 PM, snoops_213 said:

The first one is a known bug.

The second have you turned the radar on?  Either in the encom tab in the units attributes set radar active or place a waypoint on itself with it set to combat mode. Being an unmanned turret you cant set it to combat mode in the attributes and i think its default behavior is aware so it wont automatically turn its radar on. 

Thanks, everything has turned out. Strangely the fact that the helicopter has begun shooting of a countermeasures, without the activated radar and without missiles launch.

Countermeasures has to work differently.

Time for my post! Whooo!

I get there's lots of stuff to do, but none of my items were resolved in today's build so I'm just gonna quote Friday's. Appreciate you guys still being vigiliant

Can't confirm instant launch due to no arrested landings Corrected in new launch system

Shikra head position bug still persists

Launch position on cat 4, 2, 1 too far forwards, Cat 3 off a bit to the left and too far back

Takeoff speed still shouldn't be instant

F/A-181 Flaps indicator still buggers off, fuel still reads left-right instead of up-down

UAVs still have no throttle position indicator (really?)

Still can't launch the sentinel in manual controls (And here I thought it was navalized lol) (okay this is starting to get ridiculous, it's been a week and a half since carrier was staged...)

Carrier deck guide still a bit too counter-clockwise, forward, and off to the right

Just read somewhere of someone complaining about planes always exploding when injured on the ground - I'm curious if the opposite when airborne. So far I only see dead jets plummet smoke and then crash - do they ever deliver massive mid air explosions?

Was raised on Ace Combat so maybe I'm arcady but that sh#t was fun

12 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

Regarding incorrect engine performance,  I would hazard a guess this is a limit of arma itself not an overlooked issue. 

I had the wasp at 1600+ it was not pretty and my rig is not minimum spec.

I beg to differ. With the inclusion of supersonic audio I see no reason why this is infeasible. I'm running a 6700k @ 4.7Ghz and a GTX 1080 and I was able to fly ~1400km/h on Tanoa with 12k view and 8k obj render distance while keeping above 45 fps. Granted this is in single player but I think limiting the performance of the engines based on the premise that the game cannot handle it in some way is silly. It's still an unacceptable TWR even if the top speed is left untouched. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sgt. Dennenboom said:

I reported this and also gave a proper solution:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124618

Not bad. I hope they are going improve this.

Tested DLC on dev again today and pleased with fine-tuning. Commander now speaks normally and not over radio and FPM maker is fixed on HMD HUD. Very nice.

So some other feedback from hard die Falcon BMS simmer :)

* US jets should have knots and feet and not km/h and meters. - Bad immersion breaker. Maybe US adopted SI in 2035? I highly doubt.

* Roll jet do not produce turning in real sense. It's nearly stays frozen in "knife flight". I know it is all FBW but it doesn't works like that. FBW planes still fly as planes and do not counteract turn when wings are rolled. What it is doing is it set rudder automatically to make perfect turn. In this jets pilot barely touch rudder pedals. It completely takes away sensation of flight from it. I know ArmA FM is what is it but this is too much. Watch any jet combat fighter video in turn as reference on YouTube. Planes naturaly turn cos aerodynamics over rolled wings. it makes flight feels even more on rails than ARMA jets fm engine normaly is.

* Gun sight is somewhat strangely reversed and totally useless. I am supposed to place watermark symbol over  leading Circle - It is wrong. There should be TD box over target and Leading gun piper should indicate solution. You need superimpose gun piper over TD box and fire (and be at similar plane of motion as target - but that's pilot work). Using watermark symbol as gun sight reference is completely wrong. If Gun selected watermark symbol should be replaced with gun cross reference symbol (F-16 HUD has it on top of HUD as pilot looks thru HUD little down so gun fire axis is on top pf HUD, in ARMA it seems to match center of HUD/HMD).

Look here how F-16 LCOS gun sight work  - leading piper starts at 0:43

3:54 here:

* FM bleeds too much speed in turns and why throttle goes down (by engine sound) when speed falls down (no I don't mean engine stall what new engines is prone to)? Arma engine limitation?

* Waypoint caret on HMD heading tape should stay on its course and do not slide as you roll jet. If waypoint is on heading 60 caret should stay there all times.

* When looking down HMD should get more transparent to not obscure MFD screen and cockpit controls.

I know it is not hardcore jet sim but this is really basics that breaks immersion a lot.

• Like 2

Love the fact they finally added sonic booms for jets. It sounds awesome. I don't suppose it wouldn't be too much trouble to add a vapor cone around the plane too?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sgt. Dennenboom said:

I reported this and also gave a proper solution:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124618

Will this even work?

Because in the line:

while {vectorMagnitude _velInitial < _launchVelocity} do {

_velInitial will always be the same, most likely [0,0,0] when the variable has been defined.

Would be better to do:

while {vectorMagnitude velocityModelSpace _plane < _launchVelocity} do {

Cheers

The virtual runway guide on the ILS doesn't align with Freedom's deck (testing the Showcase mission). Has anyone reported this on the feedback tracker before? Searched through it but didn't see any mention of it.

LwuOCW5.png

8 hours ago, goldtoaster said:

Love the fact they finally added sonic booms for jets. It sounds awesome. I don't suppose it wouldn't be too much trouble to add a vapor cone around the plane too?

the vapor cone has not much to do with super sonic flight. it is just an effect that occurs, when the pressure of the air drops so much that the air humidity starts condesing, because the dew point drops below the current air temperature. this is more likely to happen whith a very high humidity (eg. above water surfaces or around clouds) but it can also happen at very high speeds (supersonic) with high humidity but going supersonic is no necessity for this to happen.

so to have this effect coverd in a realistc way (or else other people will complain) you would need to have so many parameters coverd (air pressure, air humidity, speed, geomety of the aircraft, angle of attack, etc.) that it's propably better that it's not in the game.

29 minutes ago, MK84 said:

The virtual runway guide on the ILS doesn't align with Freedom's deck (testing the Showcase mission). Has anyone reported this on the feedback tracker before? Searched through it but didn't see any mention of it.

LwuOCW5.png

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124498

• Like 1