giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

Thx so much for the Burma Campaign and New Guinea Campaign theatre, was waiting for something like this since Hidden and Dangerous 2 :)  Also Guadalcanal map is amazing, some locations really look like taken directly from The Pacific series...well done ! New vehicles, uniforms, weapons etc are absolutely awesome  too and honestly, this came with much more toys than expected. Reload anmins , sounds and stuff like launcher position when wearing on the back are obviously w.i.p ...but for sure the whole thing will be even more awesome once these get finished or fixed in the future. 

Will there be British and Canadian versions of the US tanks and vehicles like the Jeep ?

Keep it up

Wow thanks fellas.  US Army troops for the Pacific finally thank you!!!  Just thought I'd bring this up.  The US Army deployed more Infantry Divisions than the Marines did.  US Army had deployed 22 Divisions, while the USMC deployed 6 Divisions.

6 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

Will there be British and Canadian versions of the US tanks and vehicles like the Jeep?

At this point, I think you can only expect retexture of the current assests so they fit better in Commonwealth factions.

Just now, Jaki said:

At this point, I think you can only expect retexture of the current assests so they fit better in Commonwealth factions.

This was in fact what I was asking for. Since US tanks and vehicles were used by all Allied forces this would be a good way to extend the Commonwealth factions :)

Much respect and outstanding work @LODU !

Also congratulations to the rest of the team for another top quality release to expand the WW2 setting in Arma 3 :icon14:

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

Also Guadalcanal map is amazing, some locations really look like taken directly from The Pacific series...well done !

before started with the map.... i watched the series :-)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simcardo said:

lel apparently the m41 got quiet broken tho, something like a model.cfg error i think?

https://imgur.com/a/OPPGB

That's a bug we are aware of and are looking into, it's a little odd as apparently it can also happen with base A3 stuff.

For now restarting your game should fix it.

5 minutes ago, hawk_silk said:

That's a bug we are aware of and are looking into, it's a little odd as apparently it can also happen with base A3 stuff.

oohh ok, anyway does it randomly happen to any uniform models or just the m41 from time-to-time?

49 minutes ago, simcardo said:

oohh ok, anyway does it randomly happen to any uniform models or just the m41 from time-to-time?

Can happen to any uniform, I believe.

Congrats to the update release and thank you all for your dedication!

2 hours ago, Cype_Revenge said:

before started with the map.... i watched the series :-)

Spent the whole afternoon in creating the night battle at Tenaru Camp which was I think the first battle In The Pacific on Guadalcanal.

One thing though...maybe you could create one spot where units can cross the river without swimming ( for some nice banzai attacks) :)

One thing in general... I find it very hard to create scenarios using entrenched units defending a given position Is it just me or do AI work better if the entrenchment is just that high so units can fire while kneeling ? During fire fights for me units do not go from prone to standing position to return fire but only to kneeling position, but even then if the entrenchment is to high they can not fire . If it is the way it works then it should probably be considered by map designers :)

Thoughts ?

48 minutes ago, callofmarty said:

Piat as primary weapon? cmooon guys. give it back to launchers for game-play sake pls.

Personally, I like it. It's much more realistic.

• Like 1

I am having a problem where the steam version is not giving me any of the new uniforms , but I am getting all of the vehicles.Any solutions ?

Thank you for your continued work and so amazing update! Everything looks very nice. New uniforms, weapons, vehicles and maps are just outstanding. But most of all, I like the different versions of static Mg42. Three position at MG, fantastic idea. Defense of bunkers, trenches, firing over sandbags, windows in buildings ... is now a piece of cake. So, at this moment, only my imagination limits me :satisfied:
If I only could suggest one thing. Dear team, could you consider to use this insane ROF which is actually in handheld MG42, also in these static MG42? I mean situations when AI firing (ROF for player is perfect). I know, I'm crazy about this point, but for me, this is the only thing which missing to the perfection.

• Like 1

I have a couple of questions:

1) Do you guys plan to create US Army/USMC headgear and uniform variations with various ranks?

2) How come Axis factions are labeled as BLUFOR and Allies as INDEP?

1 hour ago, vintorez said:

Thank you for your continued work and so amazing update! Everything looks very nice. New uniforms, weapons, vehicles are just outstanding. But most of all, I like the different versions of static Mg42. Three position at MG, fantastic idea. Defense of bunkers, trenches, firing over sandbags, windows in buildings ... is now a piece of cake. So, at this moment, only my imagination limits me :satisfied:
If I only could suggest one thing. Dear team, could you consider to use this insane ROF which is actually in handheld MG42, also in these static MG42? I mean situations when AI firing (ROF for player is perfect). I know, I'm crazy about this point, but for me, this is the only thing which missing to the perfection.

On my to do list ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ranger_24 said:

I have a couple of questions:

1) Do you guys plan to create US Army/USMC headgear and uniform variations with various ranks?

2) How come Axis factions are labeled as BLUFOR and Allies as INDEP?

For compatibility with IFA3. You can set INDEP to be hostile to BLUFOR in the editor.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Zhivets said:

You can set INDEP to be hostile to BLUFOR in the editor.

It should be by default for new mission now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Private Evans said:

During fire fights for me units do not go from prone to standing position to return fire but only to kneeling position, but even then if the entrenchment is to high they can not fire .

roger!

14 hours ago, Zhivets said:

Personally, I like it. It's much more realistic.

Well perhaps, but launchers are in launcher slot for a reason. At least give me chance to choose if i take it as primary or launcher.

Cause how im gonna use primary (submachinegun,rifle) weapon then?

....when people say much more realistic, they dont realise that you cant do half of stuff in arma that are realistic. For exmaple if it was realistic i could pick any reasonable main weapon with piat and ammo, but i cant right now.

The rest of the launchers will go to the primary weapons too? :D

Will you make more Japanese uniforms in the next update?https://auctions.c.yimg.jp/images.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/image/dr000/auc0309/users/2/1/7/3/nakajima194jp-img600x398-15043279404iuzzm16068.jpg  0 0 I do think that the german uniform is good enough but hope you also make more japanese uniform because there is no any else mod that include ww2 pacific war.Whatever I am glad to see this mod just update before because I am waiting for your update a long time.

• Like 2