giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

here is a set of colors from 1940/43.

https://www.atthefront.com/us_images/uni/real_color.jpg

yes, I'm lodu, but for the explanation of my new account, one must ask the dev of BI, which deals with the accounts ...
For those who could send me a message: I can not access my old account "lodu", so you can write your mails here.
Thank you.

Edited by witchitaito_lodu
explanation account
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, witchitaito_lodu said:

here is a set of colors from 1940/43.

https://www.atthefront.com/us_images/uni/real_color.jpg

yes, I'm lodu, but for the explanation of my new account, one must ask the dev of BI, which deals with the accounts ...
For those who could send me a message: I can not access my old account "lodu", so you can write your mails here.
Thank you.

Sadly I have your same problem...i can't login from any desktop but only from mobile,dunno how to get help from bis...

About the colours:I know that there were a lot of different shades in uniforms appearance caused by different factories and differents textiles used by each maker but the colours used in Normandy was definitely more kaki/light brown than yellow. I know FoW cover all the war timeline and it's not sticked to Normandy but I think that you'll do a great gift to all people who were raised with band of brothers the opportunity to play with uniforms used during the D Day. In the meantime let's hope bis fix our login troubles

• Like 1

yea there were alot of shades of OD3, some more greenish and some more tannish, the one ingame is closer to the greenish one but in my opinion it's still a bit oversaturated, a bit of desaturation and fading would look perfect imo (kinda similar to the colour of your m41 model)

5 minutes ago, zio sam said:

Sadly I have your same problem...i can't login from any desktop but only from mobile,dunno how to get help from bis...

Contact a member Moderating Team and we can help you with your account issues.

Now lets return to the topic in hand.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2017 at 12:07 PM, Leib said:

Load limits on the uniforms, vests, packs, etc. Its nearly impossible as, for example a Thompson gunner, to carry a full load of ammo and then also anything like bandages, grenades, etc. It makes designing load-outs for fun-ops and similar things increasingly difficult when even the assigned medic at platoon level can't carry both more than 3-5 carbine magazines, epinephrine, morphine, and bandages (because I use the ACE medical system, obviously). I understand that in real life someone such as a Soviet soldier wouldn't actually have seven or eight full mags for his rifle, but that was balanced because he'd also have several stripper clips of ammunition for once he had expended those 2-3 magazines worth. In other words, real life soldiers had ammo kept in a way ARMA can't really account for.

So that's just my little quirk with an otherwise amazing mod. I'd like more ability to carry more ammo and equipment into battle.

I agree with this common issue regarding many other mods as well.

One who would like to customize his own gear rather than using the default load-outs, cannot achieve his goal when the gear limit is almost minimal to non, therefore making it frustrating conducting a mission relying on minimal gear and more frequent resupplies, which is also not really practical (depending on the mission maker). In my unit we created a template for WW2 missions and part of this template includes a gear preset made from the ground up to all classes, from the basic riflemen to machine gunners, medics, as well as pilots and tank crewmen. The problem is that it was very hard to reach satisfying combat sets. All uniforms, vests and backpacks must be readjusted a bit on their configs to allow more gear to be inserted, of course not in a manner of going one-man-army style.

Also, all of the US NCO vests are really annoying with the SCR-536 "glued" on them. Any chance of moving the radios to sides of the body? Weapons are clipping through them and it's very ugly when looking at it.

• Like 2

At the moment we've configured the vest space in this way:
number of magazine you see on the vest + 20 cargo space (20 is equal to 2 german grenade, or 4/5 US grenade more or less)

it could be changed, but i can't understand how a soldier could carry and store all that stuff

If you want more cargo space you can add a small backpack or a bigger backpack like the bergen.

We've to adjust a bit the cargo space of the uniforms, especially for the paras since they have more pockets than M37 and the M41.

We could tweak those values if you provide some tech info, but as you said, we don't want to re-create a one-man-army soldier

• Like 2

I have been waiting to play the little ha-go for a long time ! I love this new update, we can clearly see how much you guys worked on this project ! 

By the way if anyone has good user missions to use on Hederon Field, don't hesitate to share it ! 

"Updated" the steam build.
A pbo (fow_map_kokoda) was duplicated during the building\uploading and it was missing the key, it's now deleted.

Everything should work fine now! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, giallustio said:

number of magazine you see on the vest + 20 cargo space (20 is equal to 2 german grenade, or 4/5 US grenade more or less)

it could be changed, but i can't understand how a soldier could carry and store all that stuff

Dont change a thing, i realy like the fact that 6 pouches = 6 garand clips. realism !

• Like 2

No such thing as "realism" with regards to ArmA3 inventory.

Esp. regarding WW2 infantry loadout habits (not manual of arms often written by armchair officers)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bars91 said:

No such thing as "realism" with regards to ArmA3 inventory.

Esp. regarding WW2 infantry loadout habits (not manual of arms often written by armchair officers)

How would you configure it then? Every vest is the same? How do you decide which vest can store more stuff or not? How would you set the "mass" value?

I was gonna put these in the "Arma 3 Photography" topic, but I thought they might be more appreciated here. The quality of this mod is off the charts and every update brings even more awesome stuff, keep up the good work guys.

1E51B7F20AE3BEC9D9171E88598182770D277F4D

30ED0363E7221E12A817F76559D1579BC7FA83FE

Mods used: Faces of War, IFA3, Rismarck's poses

• Like 18

was the US bandoleer model readjusted to fit the M42 model? it looks ok on it but it clips through the standard infantry uniforms, (m41, m37 and the HBTs)

https://imgur.com/a/XDxQS

It seems like AI cannot handle the German Panzerfaust models. They land way too short.

Such little nuisances left aside this mod is really great now. The detail of 1st person weaponry models and uniforms is extraordinary!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, simcardo said:

was the US bandoleer model readjusted to fit the M42 model? it looks ok on it but it clips through the standard infantry uniforms, (m41, m37 and the HBTs)

https://imgur.com/a/XDxQS

We plan to make a new uniform for those and update all the US models at some point

• Like 2

How do I get the Manual Bolting module to work? I've tried both simply placing it and syncing it to playable units, but I can't get it to work?

Also, (could just be an issue on my end that'll fix itself, knowing Arma), but does anyone have issues using the short sleeve uniform that the light Australian units wear? Vest and hat seems to function, but the uniform model is in a t-pose. Thanks for the addon, really enjoying it!

18 minutes ago, Red Partisan said:

How do I get the Manual Bolting module to work? I've tried both simply placing it and syncing it to playable units, but I can't get it to work?

Also, (could just be an issue on my end that'll fix itself, knowing Arma), but does anyone have issues using the short sleeve uniform that the light Australian units wear? Vest and hat seems to function, but the uniform model is in a t-pose. Thanks for the addon, really enjoying it!

Restarting will fix the uniform issue.

3 hours ago, Red Partisan said:

I've to take a look, it seems to be broken

On 11/27/2017 at 9:12 AM, giallustio said:

If you want more cargo space you can add a small backpack or a bigger backpack like the bergen.

We've to adjust a bit the cargo space of the uniforms, especially for the paras since they have more pockets than M37 and the M41.

We could tweak those values if you provide some tech info, but as you said, we don't want to re-create a one-man-army soldier

I'm not saying that a single man needs to carry forty stick mags or something like that. Simply saying that realism and Arms don't combine.

Take a Soviet soldier with an SVT. He would only carry about three magazines. But then he would have a crap-load of five-round stripper clips. So following the logic, then he should only have three magazines in game, when in realize they would have several more than that in overall ammo.

For Garrand ammo, those blocks are small. You can pack those in your pockets, double-pack them in pouches, and everything else. A man with only six pouches on his best could easily have 12 or more blocks on him along with everything else.

Then you have to consider how clunky and unwieldy medical is in ARMA. It's unreasonable to expect a medic to go unarmed just to carry enough bandages, morphine, etc. wholly by themselves. Not to mention that in real life the practice did start that troops would have at least a simple pack of bandages and tie-bands on them (reference the old predecessor to the IFAK you will see on American soldiers helmets). 

And trust me adding a backpack doesn't give enough space for enough ammo to last two hours real-time and carry literally anything else but ammo. And that's ammo, not grenades or much else.

A simple rule of thumb for a change could be having NCO variants carrying more than their counter-part versions. Things like that. While also giving everyone a general boost.

alternatively (and i'm throwing this in as a thinking point not a request) people who are good at scripting and able to give this a better attempt than me (i can't script) could experiment with a system which would allow you to carry only 3 SVT mags but a load of stripper clips, and then you can repack the mags (bit like in ACE) therefore it would give a good compromise of realism and play ability. I mean i'm happy to take a stab at it but it would take a while due to A not being able to script and B working on other stuff, but hey if someone wants to take this idea and run with it, then be my guest. I'll just leave this here though for people to discuss :smile_o:

3 hours ago, wildcatbridge said:

a system which would allow you to carry only 3 SVT mags but a load of stripper clips

This (and some other) issue is a direct result of A3 inventory system's shallowness.

Even "simple" item volume and storage space volume parameters would significantly boost realism and gameplay (both milsim and RPG/RTS or any other ones)