giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

Hi guys. Great mod, I love Faces of War.

I have to comment on a couple things under discussion though. My interest is purely informational, it's not to prove somebody wrong or be argumentative.

Regarding M1 Garand en blocs, there is some confusion I'm afraid. Please understand I appreciate everything the community does but as the owner of just such an M1 rifle made in 1944, as well as ammunition belts and standard bandoleers made in WWII, I can say with confidence that a soldier with a six pouch "belt" (which must be a bandoleer), there is no "doubling up" of en bloc clips for the M1 rifle. I should know; I use these things to carry loaded en bloc clips for an M1 rifle to the rifle range.

In either a six pouch bandoleer or a ten pouch belt, it is impossible to insert two loaded en blocs per pouch if we are talking about the belts or bandoleers issued to US troops in WWII. This includes the older "pucker pouch" ammo belts designed for M1 and M2 ball ammunition.

I believe this confusion stems from the 5 round stripper clips for the M1903A3 rifle. While it is true that two 5 round stripper clips of standard .30 caliber, M2 ball ammunition could in fact be fit into each pouch (indeed that was the intent) , 2 en bloc clips will definitely not fit in the same pouch. It is 100% the same ammunition, but an en bloc holds eight rounds, staggered, for the M1 rifle. The 5 round stripper clip holds 5 rounds in-line for the M1903A3. The stripper clip cannot be used for an M1903A4 incidentally, but game mechanics demand compromise sometimes.

• Like 2

Cross post from the IFA thread, looks like a shared skeleton name or something causing an issue with the p08.

This is with IFA and FOW loaded.

CudyozE.png

43 minutes ago, cyruz said:

Cross post from the IFA thread, looks like a shared skeleton name or something causing an issue with the p08.

This is with IFA and FOW loaded.

CudyozE.png

I have precisely the same error

Question for those more familiar with FoW than I. I'm posting this as well on the IFA3 thread since I use both, and it's a problem I'm anxious to solve with both IFA3 and FoW assets:

When I use Faces of War and Iron Front (Lite) and required add-ons,  I put down a 'turret', a US Army 60mm mortar (Independent Force) and set up a name for the unit as normal and a trigger to make it fire at the trigger as normal and the conditions are met, nothing happens. Will not fire. However, if I then simply delete that turret and then place another 'turret', an Mk6 mortar (Independent Force) and give it the same name as the unit I just deleted (no change whatsoever to the Trigger), it will fire. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over. I use this text:

Mortar1 commandArtilleryFire [getposatl (thislist select 0), "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells", 6];

I thought maybe, well, it's not an 82mm mortar. How dumb can I be?  So I try 60mm as in "8Rnd_60mm_Mo_shells".  I get a bin/ error when the trigger is activated. In Spectator mode, I can see the 60mm mortar act as if it will fire before this error (rotates to target and sets elevation).

What is so special about that 60mm mortar? I have tried the Iron Front M2 60mm under 'turret', and then I tried the FoW M2 mortar (ADV) and M2 mortar under 'mortars'. Same results for all.

I have discovered through trial and error that the 60mm mortar is similar to a 'vehicle' in the sense of how its crew is handled. So I had another soldier (with 60mm ammo in loadout inventory) "get in" (not "get in vehicle") the mortar. Graphically looks quite nice to have the two-man crew on the weapon but still no joy.

I further note that as a player, I can 'prep ammo' but not 'load ammo' in the 60mm. I feel like I'm close to cracking this but I'm missing something very key. What is it?? I'm currently using a discretely placed Mk6 to simulate the 60mm firing but it is very inelegant.

8 hours ago, Alex150201 said:

It looks great but one thing that is arma related is that AI will just sit on the beach and cry.

This is off topic but I would reccommend you use the following command: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/allowFleeing

I know how Arma AI is haha but they do not sit on the beach they push up into the island. I did multiple play tests and they push right up off the beach. The reason why they were sitting on the beach In the beginning is because they let are a lot of dug in enemy’s but once they get cleared they start pushing. Allowfleeing I use that on all my missions haha. But the mission actually get even more intense as you proceed because the enemy control points can spawn their on reinforcements if they have enough supplies and their HQ can send in tanks and other vehicles.

• Like 1

I found it in the config viewer under weapons. Use this as your ammo   fow_8Rnd_60mm_m2_HE   . I tested it and it worked fine. Have fun blowin stuff up.

• Like 1

Thank you kindly sir. Blowing stuff up is fun and I can remove my non-WWII assets from the map. I'll have to learn more about the config viewer.

One thing I noticed about the PIAT is that its missing its three rear-sight holes. Seen here it has a sight for 50, 80, and 110 meters going from bottom to top (50 meters is the bottom hole, 80 meters the mid, 110 the top). I was wondering if this is just because you've yet to try and experiment with alternate/variable optics or if it was just not included for the sake of PVP balance.

• Like 2

Are you aware about the error with the LVT animations breaking when using this mod with CSA38? The men in the back of the LVT are in T poses.

Any chance the mod developers publish the classnames of weapons, grenades and items? Particulary the classname of Lee Enfield No5 Jungle Carbine has been driving me insane. I must have tried atleast a dozen different alternatives to no avail. Usually FoW weapons and magazines follow clear logic but so far no luck. The changelog says that the Jungle Carbine should be there and I have seen a screenshot picturing the weapon but no british soldier is equipped with it in the editor.  I see no reason why not give out the classnames so mission makers can give different loadouts.

Thanks in advance!

fow_w_leeenfield_no5mk1_junglecarbine

You can check all the classes in the cfgbrowser

• Like 2

Kokoda Trail is such a cool map...placed a lot of Japs  on Mission Ridge today and then stormed it  together with the Australian infantry ...great fun :). If ou are looking for a cool spot for a nice battle...give it a try...

Only thing . but this is simply because of Arma, many of the cool locations on the map can not be used with friendly AI.

Keep it up.... really waiting for some european maps from you now :)

cheers

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rismarck said:

Meisterstück!

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted image, as per forum rules.
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys,

I threw together a simple config that replaces the English radio protocol with proper German radio protocol for Faces of War units.  Obviously, you'll need Iron Front as a requirement since I'm using the Iron Front German radio protocol to use this (which I imagine 99.9% of us run both of these great mods on our WW2 scenarios).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1096794089

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Fq1BdPH.jpg

These Panzer Wraps look fabulous.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1