Jump to content
vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

Recommended Posts

Mmmmmmm, yeah, maybe it got hit with a copyright or something? Hope everything's alright with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

Could a mod please assist?  I received the following emails from Steam tonight:

 

Quote

Hello hcpookie

Your Steam Workshop item VME PLA Mod has been removed for reported violations of the Steam Community & Content Guidelines. This Workshop item is now only visible to you.

Your account will be unable to upload user generated content on Steam until Mar 19 @ 10:55am.

If you believe this content was removed by mistake, please contact The Arma 3 Support Team.

*Please note that if any further content that you've uploaded is removed, the upload ban will be extended.

Cheers,
The Steam Team

This notification has been sent to the email address associated with your Steam account.

This email message was auto-generated. Please do not respond. If you need additional help, please visit Steam Support.
 

https://help.steampowered.com

 

and this:

 

Quote

Dear hcpookie,

Thank you for your Steam Workshop Contribution "VME PLA Mod" (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1562282342&requirelogin=true).

Unfortunately, for various reasons, the developers of "Arma 3" had to flag it as "incompatible", so it cannot be used within "Arma 3".

You can learn more about what kinds of items are accepted and why certain items are marked as "incompatible" here: http://arma3.com/workshop101

 

 

Mods, could someone please explain why this happened?  I have received no other notifications in any fashion as to why this mod is now "incompatible"... I just fired up my local copy and it runs fine... help????

 

 

  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this can be  sorted out soon. I was just looking for this Mod and I found it is just not available 😧

Hopefully all this is an error that can be sorted out soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Hello,

 

Could a mod please assist?  I received the following emails from Steam tonight:

 

 

and this:

 

 

 

Mods, could someone please explain why this happened?  I have received no other notifications in any fashion as to why this mod is now "incompatible"... I just fired up my local copy and it runs fine... help????

 

 

too many issues left without fixing and I think that had anrged some kids so they issued a complain about this mod, and you know that steam never checks the complains, they just go directly delete it.

 

PS. check your DM pookie, I think I know what real happened here

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 7:41 PM, hcpookie said:

Hello,

 

Could a mod please assist?  I received the following emails from Steam tonight:

 

 

and this:

 

 

 

Mods, could someone please explain why this happened?  I have received no other notifications in any fashion as to why this mod is now "incompatible"... I just fired up my local copy and it runs fine... help????

 

 

damn, that sucks man. steam is a real piece of shit sometimes. hope you get it figured out soon. i love that mod.

 

do you mind uploading the mod manually to mega or google drive or dropbox or something? i really want to play it, i'm sure a lot of others do too, but when it got removed from the workshop it also deleted all the files for it off my hard drive. the magic of steam. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a bunch of mods were removed from Steam Workshop. 

 

What is going on? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Valken said:

Seems a bunch of mods were removed from Steam Workshop. 

 

What is going on? 

Can you name some of the mods that got removed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pognivet said:

damn, that sucks man. steam is a real piece of shit sometimes. hope you get it figured out soon. i love that mod.

 

do you mind uploading the mod manually to mega or google drive or dropbox or something? i really want to play it, i'm sure a lot of others do too, but when it got removed from the workshop it also deleted all the files for it off my hard drive. the magic of steam. 🙄

Steam will not be deleted directly, please check the following folder, SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\1562282342. Maybe it still exists.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nikiforos said:

Can you name some of the mods that got removed?

 

Sorry to go OT but besides this mod:

 

KA Weapons Pack NEW v4.0

KA Weapons Pack NEW v4.0 - KP Liberation compatible v1.1

KA ACE compatibility

KA RHS competibilty

Complementary Special Weapons 1.6

Complementary Special Pistols - Version 1.2

Complementary Police Weapons - Version 1.6

HuaJi Helmet

HITMAN 47 Pack

KA Specially Equipped Pack

 

This was all I could find so far by checking my mods lists. I am sure there are more missing mods.

 

Seems KICKASS and team were targeted.

 

Sad as his gear was awesome.

 

If you guys find any other mods, maybe we can share a list to back it up for those interested for personal use.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Valken said:

 

Sorry to go OT but besides this mod:

 

KA Weapons Pack NEW v4.0

KA Weapons Pack NEW v4.0 - KP Liberation compatible v1.1

KA ACE compatibility

KA RHS competibilty

Complementary Special Weapons 1.6

Complementary Special Pistols - Version 1.2

Complementary Police Weapons - Version 1.6

HuaJi Helmet

HITMAN 47 Pack

KA Specially Equipped Pack

 

This was all I could find so far by checking my mods lists. I am sure there are more missing mods.

 

Seems KICKASS and team were targeted.

 

Sad as his gear was awesome.

 

If you guys find any other mods, maybe we can share a list to back it up for those interested for personal use.

 

 

 

KA's content had a fair few asset rips from other games in it, from what I've seen being discussed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -Joe- said:

 

KA's content had a fair few asset rips from other games in it, from what I've seen being discussed.

 

It seems so.

 

VME tho?

Looks like some flak from someone mass - flagging the asset rippers or just some troll abusing the report system...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hcpookie said:

I'm awaiting a response from steam support.  Until then, Armaholic has us covered:

 

https://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26957

 

Hey, pookie, I am sending you DM about some ways we may assist, I know you are busy right now, but when you are free plz considering what we can provide for you mentioned in the DM okay, we are willing to help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, -Joe- said:

 

KA's content had a fair few asset rips from other games in it, from what I've seen being discussed.

 

I hope KA team can offer a clean version of their mods without other content. I get the ARMA community wants to keep its head out of the water, but Steam Workshop even for other mods are notorious and get away with a lot of "stuff". 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Valken said:

 

I hope KA team can offer a clean version of their mods without other content. I get the ARMA community wants to keep its head out of the water, but Steam Workshop even for other mods are notorious and get away with a lot of "stuff". 

 

He got a clean version years ago, and still got taken down from workshop so he uploaded 4.0 with everything in it and it existing on workshop until now be fake reported by some kids, so we know what really happened here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2021 at 2:41 AM, hcpookie said:

Mods, could someone please explain why this happened?  I have received no other notifications in any fashion as to why this mod is now "incompatible"... I just fired up my local copy and it runs fine... help????

 

Unfortunately the moderating team is unable to read every single post, nor do we visit everyday. For this sort of issue, contacting the community manager @Nillerswould be the best course of action. I assume this issue has now been resolved? I suspect your workshop item was removed due to KA been a contributor of the mod. 

 

18 hours ago, Valken said:

 

I hope KA team can offer a clean version of their mods without other content. I get the ARMA community wants to keep its head out of the water, but Steam Workshop even for other mods are notorious and get away with a lot of "stuff". 

 

Has the KA Team ever been clean? Its addons are banned on these forums, as the content is questionable. Perhaps you could alert our community manager of those other mods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Has the KA Team ever been clean? Its addons are banned on these forums, as the content is questionable. Perhaps you could alert our community manager of those other mods?

 

I'm going to err on caution and ask WHAT is NOT clean? Everyone is innocent until proven otherwise.

 

If they have a few models ripped, then that is right to remove it. But if there are original content, those should be left alone if the rest of the mods are the "clean" under the established rules. Blanket bans by association such as those to this mod are ongoing signs of bad moderation or lack of attention. Both also needs addressing.

 

If you do not know or unsure, do not do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Valken said:

 

I'm going to err on caution and ask WHAT is NOT clean? Everyone is innocent until proven otherwise.

 

If they have a few models ripped, then that is right to remove it. But if there are original content, those should be left alone if the rest of the mods are the "clean" under the established rules. Blanket bans by association such as those to this mod are ongoing signs of bad moderation or lack of attention. Both also needs addressing.

 

If you do not know or unsure, do not do it. 

The problem is that probably every model by KA is ripped from one game or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kickass content is mostly ripped. And he has got his mods taken down countless times only to upload new ripped content again.

Thus he has been banned from the Arma 3 workshop now (along with other repeat offenders), sadly the Steam Workshop moderation tools were a bit overly agressive and automatically took down mods that KA was only listed as a contributor on, which hit VME unexpectedly.

 

Its fun to read these conspiracy theories though 😄
In DayZ the russian modders say one DayZ modding team hacked into Valve and got access to a workshop admin panel and is abusing it to ban all their competitors.
Concerning VME there are theories going around that its China banning mods that they don't like.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

I assume this issue has now been resolved?

 

Yes, the issue has been resolved.  Your response is completely understood and appreciated!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an issue with the mod. ECM or rather, the lack of, causes a script error to pop up every time missiles are fired at aircraft with the pod removed or aircraft that can't even equip it.

 

Error is an undefined variable in expression _ecm, over at the incoming.sqf file.

 

Edit: CBA is loaded. Will test with only vanilla and PLA loaded.

Edit 2: Issue still happens with only CBA and PLA loaded.
unknown.png?width=1595&height=897

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2021 at 11:19 AM, JFXAM said:

I have an issue with the mod. ECM or rather, the lack of, causes a script error to pop up every time missiles are fired at aircraft with the pod removed or aircraft that can't even equip it.

 

Error is an undefined variable in expression _ecm, over at the incoming.sqf file.

 

Edit: CBA is loaded. Will test with only vanilla and PLA loaded.

Edit 2: Issue still happens with only CBA and PLA loaded.
unknown.png?width=1595&height=897

 

Perhaps its the f15 mod you have? That has nothing to do with VME, best check with the author of the f15 mod.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×