vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

21 hours ago, Dedmen said:

No you don't. That is magazine proxies, a completely different system. If you want to use MagazineWells you don't need to do anything model related.

I know how excatly it works I have made a mod use this system and i what i mean no matter how you want it on ever guns, you need tweak the models, aLL VME gun models have mag models all attach to them and without proxies, if want to made them compatibliity with magwell ever gun model need to deletel the existing mags parts (selections in OB) on ever gun model and add proxies. I made my mods using magwell cuz i only have around 7-8 models need to be tweak and could be finished by myself, also my mod only have guns, no vehicle on unit etc, and still took me like 2 months to finish, and this is the time without the debug time included. So if VME want to change to magwell, you need to change like 25-40 models, and make sure none of them was fucked up in this progress, and the matter of fact, it always fucked up and leave a huge mess to fix, thx to the nature of the Arma tools been one of the most unreliable and no user friendly tools existing in modding world. Plus, VME is not only a mod about guns, this mod is still developing and pookie and kickass said hundred times there are still a lot of issue need to be fixed and a lot of WIP stuffs need to be done, at current stage, none of the misc things like magwell compatibility nor front grip coimaptibility is necessary for this mod, these misc things at this stage would only add extra risk and burden to the DEV team.

2 hours ago, Reptilienski said:

I know how excatly it works

Sorry but doesn't sound like it.

what i mean no matter how you want it on ever guns, you need tweak the models

No, not for MagazineWells.

if want to made them compatibliity with magwell ever gun model need to deletel the existing mags parts (selections in OB) on ever gun model and add proxies.

No you don't need to do that. If you don't, then it will just always show the magazine that came with the gun, it will look wrong but work perfectly fine.

The magazines showing up is called "Magazine Proxies" and is a COMPLETELY different system from "Magazine Wells" which takes care of magazine compatibility.

So if VME want to change to magwell, you need to change like 25-40 models

No you don't.

On 11/5/2019 at 3:32 AM, Reptilienski said:

So an wired issue with QLU-11 35mm mags, mags can be found in BIS arsenal, but can not be found in ACE3's arsenal

ACE might have slightly different validation of valid magazines, do the magazines show up in the "all magazines" list?

Also the classnames might be case-sensitive in ACE Arsenal, does their case in the "magazines" array match the case in their classname in CfgMagazines?

Here is the ACE function scanning the config.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/arsenal/functions/fnc_scanConfig.sqf

I don't understand what "CBA magwell functionality" even means.  I can't find any definitive reference on the web as to its specific behavior.

That being said, since the Chinese PLA weapons use a proprietary magazine and ammunition arrangement that is unique, there is no "cross compatibility" with any other mod, addon or other asset that must be added.

And if I understand the CBA functionality to be along the same lines as the BIS cfgMagwell-thingy, then modification to the weapon models would be required, as is done for the flashlight and under-barrel attachment points.

Seems like there is no need for anything but without more information it is impossible to make a complete assessment.  Expect the weapons and magazines to remain as-is for the forseeable future.

12 hours ago, hcpookie said:

I don't understand what "CBA magwell functionality" even means.  I can't find any definitive reference on the web as to its specific behavior.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Weapon_Config_Guidelines#Magazine_compatibility_groups

CBA just has a standardized set of magazinewells which can be used. Because if every modder makes his own, we still don't have inter-mod compatibility.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/tree/master/addons/jam

And if I understand the CBA functionality to be along the same lines as the BIS cfgMagwell-thingy

It is.

then modification to the weapon models would be required

No it isn't. Magazine wells is literally 100% model unrelated. I don't understand why everyone says that model changes are required.

Thanks, that's the link I found too.  I don't see any CBA-specific references however this answers my question:

It's possible to add new entries by 3rd party modifications

I will repeat here that this is not necessary and won't be added.  Also, if there are any magazines missing from a specific weapon, I'll definitely look into it.

On 11/6/2019 at 4:46 AM, Dedmen said:

No you don't. That is magazine proxies, a completely different system. If you want to use MagazineWells you don't need to do anything model related.

Thanks for explaining it to him, I couldn't have put it better. 

Hello, amazing job so far, just wanted to ask if in future updates the DF-21 missile might be added, for targeting ships from a long range. Thanks