Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Medals

Community Reputation

117 Excellent

About pognivet

  • Rank
    Staff Sergeant

Recent Profile Visitors

980 profile views
  1. impressive. very cool. well done jboy.
  2. pognivet

    Arma 3 - Creator DLC Discussion

    Fixing bugs isn't a feature, it's expected.
  3. pognivet

    Arma 3 - Creator DLC Discussion

    Updates that add things that should have been there when the game was released... half a decade ago.
  4. pognivet

    Arma 3 - Creator DLC Discussion

    I'll address this more when I re-edit my original post, but there is no publisher's work. It's literally a mod no different from any on the workshop. There is no risk, no downpayment, no investment for Bohemia but they make incredible returns and profits by doing virtually nothing. Indie game devs do such "financial work" in 4 hours with no attorney. There are no legal procedures for copyright infringements. If you've ever heard of litigation involving Arma 3 copyright in your entire life please inform me of the case number. Their contribution is worth a half shekel.
  5. pognivet

    Arma 3 - Creator DLC Discussion

    I was the one who donated the ten dollars.
  6. Thanks for all the help. I got one problem though. When using ACE and a unit gets injured their "damage" is always at 0. The only time this changes is when they're dead at which time it changes to 1. Is there any way to detect whether or not an ACE unit is injured in any way? By using just vanilla scripting as far as I can see you can only detect when they're dead. Maybe there's a workaround that I don't know about? I thought about using "ace_unconscious" so units injured enough to be knocked out are considered so fucked up that they're out of action, but it seems somewhat unreliable.
  7. pognivet

    Arma 3 - Creator DLC Discussion

    I was going to make a long reply addressing your points, but the forum software deleted my post when I hit submit reply. Therefore I'm saving this space for when I retype it tomorrow or whenever.
  8. It has nothing to do with the memalloc. I probably use the same one as you. There's even a place on the map called "Crash Valley" and past that point there are no trees. It's not there for no reason. 😛 The runway is fantastic by the way. Wish more maps in general had stuff that slick.
  9. _allUnits seemingly to be only players in this script. This doesn't work for AI, am I correct?
  10. pognivet

    Arma 3 - Creator DLC Discussion

    Paying for mods? Absolutely disgusting. Nothing but respect for the GM team. They're all very talented, but I find it insane that a mod for an Arma game will cost probably half the price of the base game. This is ludicrous to me. This reminds me of Skyrim and other bad games where you had to pay for mods that the studio had no part in developing. It says the following on the Steam page: The developers deserve money, but shouldn't expect any. I would willingly choose to donate money to fund the project, but I shouldn't be forced to buy a mod. Many mods have been released, and will be released in the future, that I'm sure will be far superior to GM and as much as I have positive feelings towards GM all of these mods were/will be free, contributed by the community. Bohemia Interactive deserves absolutely zero money because they had nothing to do with the development of the mod. It just happens to run on their game engine (like thousands of other free mods). If they added new engine features in order to improve both the mod and the base game then it would be a different story, but I highly doubt that they have done that. Valve only deserves money because they have to pay for the infrastructure to distribute the mod. I find this totally ridiculous. What's next, IFA3 DLC? Unsung DLC? Slippery slope. Frightening to an Arma/OFP veteran of 18 years.
  11. Khe Sanh is great (Although occasionally crashy, as to be expected with all the terrain objects), but let's get real here. The map revolves around the battle of Khe Sanh. It's like having an Omaha Beach map and trying to suspend your disbelief to use it for something other than D-Day. Song Bin Tanh is fantastic in terms of layout. The airfield works great with AI. The only problem is that it has been around forever and very little changes have been made to it. There's still buildings on the map with writing in Arabic/Farsi and middle-eastern buildings. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I'll try to join Discord one time and hang out with you guys.
  12. I love 40k and I love this mod, especially the giant walker the Orkz get. Guns feel like shit and need a lot of work, but at least they exist. Lack of bolter pistol. Space Marines are way too weak. No melee. (Even though there's melee in IFA3, a WW2 mod.) Otherwise super amazing work. Love the radio comm voices for the Orkz.
  13. planes taxiing/taking off bounce on their suspension and explode. tested on staszow and baranow. many vehicles swerve wildly when driving on a road, specifically the willy's jeep.
  14. great mod as always fellas. you've done so much incredible work it has to be recognized. maps and support requests still need HEAVY work though i'm sad to say. not enough room on the maps to carry out large operations and it's impossible to call in effective support. i have one bad problem though. if i shoot a sidewinder while flying a f-4 phantom i instantly blow up and die. also i'm stuck at 50 meter sighting on the m1a1 thompson smg. i can't switch to 100m so im stuck staring down the peephole sight. this is not ideal for the jungles of vietnam. great gun though!