I'm confused. Will we get Hürtgen forest map first, or the Colmar pocket map?

53 minutes ago, DonBlazer said:

I'm confused. Will we get Hürtgen forest map first, or the Colmar pocket map?

On 2/2/2016 at 6:43 AM, gurdy said:

While we are starting out our journey in the Hürtgen Forest, we hope to move through a selection of topics chronologically until the war ends. After Hürtgen, we hope to explore German-occupied Elsaß. This will undoubtedly be a long term project, but it is one we are very passionate about and we hope you will join us. Thank you.

• Like 1

So this would be most likely then Aachen/Reichswald, Huertgenwald/Eifel,  Bastogne/Foy/Ardennes, Colmar/Alsace/Vosges.  Maybe then Remagen and Operation Plunder :)

Haha sounds good to me :)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Pvt Wanner said:

Is this mod still active?

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Respectfully, all, I see some beautiful M1 rifles in this thread. However I have not seen any with a WW2 gas lock yet, All all "cross shaped" post war poppets. In every game and mod I see dealing with WW2, this is always modeled incorrectly.

Here is a poor photo of my 1944 SA M1 rifle with a (well worn) WW2 era gas lock screw. Please understand I mention this for community benefit, not for argument or to put anyone down.

edit- that's not rust in the rifling. Just a little copper fouling.

edit2- I may be able to provide photos or input on other small details on WW2 features of M1 rifles vs. parts that most M1s have today that were made and installed post-war during rebuild. I also have some other US military arms and artifacts from WW2 in my small collection that might assist. I note that the helmet liner looks to be missing from the US M1 helmets pictured early in this thread, for instance, and I can provide photos of of my Schleuter-type WW2 helmet (McCord was the other type) with a WW2 Firestone liner.

zOkmLu.jpg

• Like 5

Hello everyone, welcome to the final update of Westwall. It's been a long time since our initial announcement, and we have come a long way—however, the time has come to finally cease development of the project. Due to staff shortages, lack of public interest in our subject, and the sheer amount of time involved in researching and completing assets according to our best practices, we have chosen to end work in the face of an increasing over-saturation of WW2 modifications in the ArmA III community and the superfluous nature of whatever content we release opposite much bigger and diverse projects who are not bound by such guidelines. I'd like to apologize to everyone for having to terminate the project so abruptly, but we decided this was the right thing to do. I'd like to give a shout out and thank everyone who has participated in creating the project as it exists today and wish them the best of luck in future endeavors. Farewell. 

• Confused 6
  • Sad 21

Whats going to happen to all of the already made assets. Would it at all be possible to donate them to another mod by chance. I hate seeing so much quality work go to waste.

• Like 9

Very sad news :icon12:

Much respect to your efforts gurdy, lappihuan, RedPhoenix and everyone else involved!

Thanks a lot for your advice and assistance in the past. :icon14:

• Like 1

Well this really sucks I've been waiting on this mod for two years now I really wanted a flushed out ww2 mod to play with my friends in milsim a lot of us were waiting for a solid mod that was all original assets that we could do ww2 ops on. I know nothing anything any of us say will change your mind about ceasing developement but I do think it would be a great thing if you guys donated assets to the faces of war guys because theyve been doing a good job but are missing a lot of things on the western front like maps and in depth gear and equipment and I just think it'd be a great thing for the mod community

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gurdy said:

Hello everyone, welcome to the final update of Westwall. It's been a long time since our initial announcement, and we have come a long way—however, the time has come to finally cease development of the project. Due to staff shortages, lack of public interest in our subject, and the sheer amount of time involved in researching and completing assets according to our best practices, we have chosen to end work in the face of an increasing over-saturation of WW2 modifications in the ArmA III community and the superfluous nature of whatever content we release opposite much bigger and diverse projects who are not bound by such guidelines. I'd like to apologize to everyone for having to terminate the project so abruptly, but we decided this was the right thing to do. I'd like to give a shout out and thank everyone who has participated in creating the project as it exists today and wish them the best of luck in future endeavors. Farewell. 

Ah damn :( When I saw Clima_x' post in the war plan blue thread I figured he (and others) would focus their efforts on Westwall. Your assets looked amazing and I was really looking forward to the new maps as well. I hope your hard work won't go to waste and will make an appearance in FOW or IFA. Of course, there's no need to apologize, it's entire your prerogative to cease development on a hobby project. 

• Like 2

Damn shame, this looked really promising. I agree with Bitesrad, I hope you would consider donating some of your assets to FOW or IFA so that they could pick it up, but I understand if you don't.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, gurdy said:

Really sad news for the WW2 community... Good luck in your future endeavors, guys!

And yes - as others mentioned, it'd be a great help to donate at least a very little part of your amazing assets to some of the guys that are still focusing their time on WW2 (IFA, etc.). Thank you!

• Like 4

Sad, but i understand their decision. The mod had a huge potential and had a team providing the best models i have ever seen for WW2 in Arma 3. Good luck for the future. :)

• Like 2

I'm crying all day long. It's so unwanted situation, that we are unfortunately forced to accept. Every artist needs muse that makes inspiration into his mind. Maybe our big interest in this subject will change Gurdy's and co. decision. Only hope left...

• Like 2

The most important thing is not to waste this work by not publishing or giving it to some other ww2 mod team. Good models indeed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cullin said:

The most important thing is not to waste this work by not publishing or giving it to some other ww2 mod team. Good models indeed.

there absolutely may be rational reasons not share their top quality models - maybe they're planning to go the independent game route and release their own title on UE4 or any other highly accessible engine out there.

nobody knows exactly, but there might be tons of potential for this.

• Like 1

:down: Good luck to you all with your next projects, your very professionnal models will remain an inspiration to me quality wise.

• Like 2

Sad news, but i completely understand it. Going for very high accuracy and level of detail/quality requires an immensely disproportional amount of time and efford. Not something you can stem with a small volunteer team for a long time without making personal sacrifices in RL (which makes you question your doing every day).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I fully understand your decision.

Indeed, to make models and textures of quality, takes time, a lot of time, but also, on a game engine like that of arma, does not allow to show all the possibilities, shown elsewhere, on made screens with marmoset.

This is also why, I think too, in 2018, move to something other than arma3 and even if I continue to make assets for FOW, it will be in very limited quantity, even insignificant.

So, good luck to you and I hope, considering your professionalism, that you will find satisfactory job creation opportunities.

• Like 2