...wait, will your website serve ice cream too?

Yes, we are currently working really hard on this feature! ;)

LJ

• Like 1

Hey LJ, thanks for continuing your work on that mod! Arma without your Sounds is really **** ;-)

I just have seen you updated to 1.3 but you want to update to 1.4 in time? Should i download 1.3 or whwn can we expect 1.4?

Greetings

I got one report - flares on aircraft - since 1.52 or 1.54 are extremally quiet. Could you make them sound louder if you can?

Love your work.

Hey LJ, thanks for continuing your work on that mod! Arma without your Sounds is really **** ;-)

I just have seen you updated to 1.3 but you want to update to 1.4 in time? Should i download 1.3 or whwn can we expect 1.4?

Greetings

Well the new version will be around 4.5 gigs smaller. So you could wait and download 1.4 as a full version.

I got one report - flares on aircraft - since 1.52 or 1.54 are extremally quiet. Could you make them sound louder if you can?

Love your work.

A thanks for the hint. Will take a look into that :)

LJ

• Like 2

Can't thank you enough LJ for your hard work and passion.

I post quickly in the effort to include the fix in the 1.4 update if it's possible. 

After the 1.3 update there is a bolt action cocking sound right after a shot with the Lynx and the M320.

Any others plz confirm if you want.

Hey LJ,

Another statement on volume issue :) -> I noticed the movement sound in the game is way quieter in first than in third person.

I know this is coded by design from Bohemia but in the case of Dragonfyre, I think this is really low compared to vanilla foot sounds (walk and run). To the point I don't hear the movement when I lower the general volume at night ( the firearms sounds being the upward limit here ).

Do you think you could tweak a little this volume ? (please apologize if that's been discussed already before).

Phew, gotta make a list of things here I guess.

OK let's see:

Helicopter Gear and hydraulic sounds

Footsteps in short range volume increase

Wrong placed bolt action sound for sniper rifles

Flare sounds too quiet

Hope I didn't miss anything?

LJ

• Like 4

What's the ETA for 1.4 ? I need to check if there are still rpt things going on.. I need the soundmod.. It's a no go to play without it ;)

What's the ETA for 1.4 ? I need to check if there are still rpt things going on.. I need the soundmod.. It's a no go to play without it ;)

Come on mate-you've been on this forum for 6 years now-you know about asking for update times.

• Like 3

Phew, gotta make a list of things here I guess.

OK let's see:

Helicopter Gear and hydraulic sounds

Footsteps in short range volume increase

Wrong placed bolt action sound for sniper rifles

Flare sounds too quiet

Hope I didn't miss anything?

LJ

Hmmm, what about:

Remove explosion sound set for AP shells of tanks, APCs, helis etc. (they're just metal "sticks" you know)

class B_30mm_AP: BulletBase
	{
		SoundSetExplosion[] = {};
	};
	class B_30mm_AP_Tracer_Red: B_30mm_AP
	{
	};
	class B_30mm_AP_Tracer_Green: B_30mm_AP
	{
	};
	class B_30mm_AP_Tracer_Yellow: B_30mm_AP
	{
	};
	class B_30mm_APFSDS: B_30mm_AP
	{
	};
	class B_30mm_APFSDS_Tracer_Red: B_30mm_APFSDS
	{
	};
	class B_30mm_APFSDS_Tracer_Green: B_30mm_APFSDS
	{
	};
	class B_30mm_APFSDS_Tracer_Yellow: B_30mm_APFSDS
	{
	};
	class B_40mm_APFSDS: B_30mm_APFSDS
	{
	};
	class Sh_120mm_APFSDS: ShellBase
	{
	};
	class Sh_120mm_APFSDS_Tracer_Red: Sh_120mm_APFSDS
	{
	};
	class Sh_120mm_APFSDS_Tracer_Green: Sh_120mm_APFSDS
	{
	};
	class Sh_120mm_APFSDS_Tracer_Yellow: Sh_120mm_APFSDS
	{
	};

Lower volume of bullet hit body sounds. They were so loud that sometimes they cover up the gunshots! I reduced volumes of such sounds for all types of rounds to 50%.

// was 2.0,2,50
		soundBody1[] = {"\DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Bullethits\Bullet_Normal\body (1)",1.0,2,50};
		soundBody2[] = {"\DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Bullethits\Bullet_Normal\body (2)",1.0,2,50};
		soundBody3[] = {"\DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Bullethits\Bullet_Normal\body (3)",1.0,2,50};
		soundBody4[] = {"\DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Bullethits\Bullet_Normal\body (4)",1.0,2,50};
		soundBody5[] = {"\DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Bullethits\Bullet_Normal\body (5)",1.0,2,50};
		soundBody6[] = {"\DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Bullethits\Bullet_Normal\body (6)",1.0,2,50};
		soundBody7[] = {"\DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Bullethits\Bullet_Normal\body (7)",1.0,2,50};
		soundBody8[] = {"\DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Bullethits\Bullet_Normal\body (8)",1.0,2,50};

Lower volume of grenade bumping sound. They were too loud and therefore sounded really acade-like (games like CoDs usually have distinctive grenade bumping sound to hint players "hey, game guy, there's an incoming grenade!"). Lowered volume to 50%, and that sounds way more realistic!  :)
// all were 2,1,80
	class Grenade: Default
	{
		soundImpactSoft1[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\GroundSoft (1)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactSoft2[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\GroundSoft (2)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactSoft3[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\GroundSoft (3)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactSoft4[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\GroundSoft (4)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactSoft5[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\GroundSoft (5)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactHard1[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\GroundHard (1)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactHard2[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\GroundHard (2)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactHard3[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\GroundHard (3)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactHard4[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\GroundHard (4)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactHard5[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\GroundHard (5)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactFoliage1[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Foliage (1)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactFoliage2[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Foliage (2)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactFoliage3[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Foliage (3)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactFoliage4[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Foliage (4)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactFoliage5[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Foliage (5)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactMetal1[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Metal (1)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactMetal2[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Metal (2)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactMetal3[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Metal (3)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactMetal4[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Metal (4)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactMetal5[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Metal (5)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWood1[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Wood (1)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWood2[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Wood (2)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWood3[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Wood (3)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWood4[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Wood (4)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWood5[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Wood (5)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWater1[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Water (1)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWater2[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Water (2)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWater3[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Water (3)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWater4[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Water (4)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWater5[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Water (5)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactGlass1[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Glass (1)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactGlass2[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Glass (2)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactGlass3[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Glass (3)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactGlass4[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Glass (4)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactGlass5[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Glass (5)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactPlastic1[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Plastic (1)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactPlastic2[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Plastic (2)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactPlastic3[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Plastic (3)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactPlastic4[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Plastic (4)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactPlastic5[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Plastic (5)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactRubber1[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Rubber (1)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactRubber2[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Rubber (2)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactRubber3[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Rubber (3)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactRubber4[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Rubber (4)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactRubber5[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Rubber (5)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWall1[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Wall (1)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWall2[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Wall (2)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWall3[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Wall (3)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWall4[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Wall (4)",1,1,40};
		soundImpactWall5[] = {"DragonFyre_P_Environmensounds\Explosions\Bounce\Wall (5)",1,1,40};
Lower all buttle supersonic crack sound (1.25 => 0.5) because people in my group complaint that the "snap" sounds were too loud. I also boosted meadow/ forest tails sound volumes (0.3 = > 0.6) a bit, should have helped making gunshots sound more distinctive at different firing locations.
class JSRS_SC_65mm_SoundSet
	{
		soundShaders[] = {"JSRS_SC_65mm_Close_SoundShader","JSRS_SC_65mm_Mid_SoundShader","JSRS_SC_65mm_Far_SoundShader","JSRS_SC_65mm_Globals_Houses_SoundShader"};
		volumeFactor = 0.5; // was 1.25
		volumeCurve = "InverseSquare3Curve";
		spatial = 1;
		doppler = 0;
		loop = 0;
		sound3DProcessingType = "DFyre_SonicCrack_3DProcessor";
	};
	class JSRS_SC_65mm_Globals_SoundSet
	{
		soundShaders[] = {"JSRS_SC_65mm_Globals_Meadow_SoundShader","JSRS_SC_65mm_Globals_Forest_SoundShader"};
		volumeFactor = 0.6; // was 0.3
		volumeCurve = "InverseSquare2Curve";
		spatial = 1;
		doppler = 0;
		loop = 0;
		soundShadersLimit = 2;
		sound3DProcessingType = "DFyre_SonicCrackTail_3DProcessor";
	};
Well, Lord Jarhead, sorry for doubling the length of the to-do list.  :P

I did those changes to JSRS Eden 1.2 for the use of my group. You may consider ignore them if you've made changes in 1.3 already. Thanks LJ!

Yes, we are currently working really hard on this feature! ;)

LJ

not getting it unless its free! My life cannot run normal otherwise.

Hmmm, what about:

Remove explosion sound set for AP shells of tanks, APCs, helis etc. (they're just metal "sticks" you know)

Well, Lord Jarhead, sorry for doubling the length of the to-do list.  :P

I did those changes to JSRS Eden 1.2 for the use of my group. You may consider ignore them if you've made changes in 1.3 already. Thanks LJ!

Well, since your feedback was constructive and really detailed:

JSRS3 DragonFyre EDEN Version 1.4 changes so far:

- Tweaked lowered body hit sounds

- Tweaked volume and distance for grenade bouncing sounds

- Fixed AP 30mm, 120mm shells caused explosion sounds

- Tweaked snap and crack volume and distances

- Tweaked global snaps louder in forests/on meadows

- Fixed updating bas class issues

- Tweaked MX rifle sounds

- Tweaked soldier movement volumes and distances

- Tweaked helicopter gear and hydraulic sound volume

- Fixed wrong Sniper Bolt Action

- Added new Flar launcher sounds

- Tweaked REFLECTOR SOUNDS volumes

- Fixed missing REFLECTOR SOUNDS on MX Full Auto Mode

- Added new OGG file format

- Tweaked mod size due to decoding

- Fixed missing sprint sounds on concrete surfaces

- Fixed .wss sound entries in cfgs

- Fixed missing sound files

- Fixed wrong numbering in environment cfg

- Fixed missing tree wind sounds

- Fixed missing houses wind sounds

- Fixed error message "helicopter landing sounds missing"

- Tweaked handheld weapon handling sounds in cfgs (Reload,Dry,Firemode...)

- Increased performance and faster transaction of sound files

- Tweaked mod loads faster

- Fixed updating base class MXC firemode

Thats what happened so far.

LJ

• Like 10

did you use gpgp's supersonic crack sound values?

Not really, rather taking his feedback as... Feedback and see how I could tweak my work to fit opinions.

LJ

• Like 1

Not really, rather taking his feedback as... Feedback and see how I could tweak my work to fit opinions.

LJ

I really appreciate that.  I get why people complain about the snaps being loud for game play reasons.  At the same time, snaps in real life ARE loud, which is something you've continued to capture through your updates.  Please don't nerf them.

Really looking forward to 1.4!

• Like 8

LJ

Looking forward to the new release!  I wanted to ask about the Dragonfyre RHS version that exists on playwithsix , do i need to download that or is it outdated? Also, will a more complete RHS support be added in 1.4 in the main package instead of separately? Keep up the great work!

not released.

where is the 1.4?

It will be released when LJ is ready. I would suggest you read the forum rules, as asking for release dates is considered spam on these forums. 

Been missed the latest update and all of its features due to a recent format on my ssd's so i'm back in arma 3 now.

Really anxious to see what the 1.4 update gonna bring since it will be the version i'll get once its out, to bad the game is a no go without this mod.

I really appreciate that.  I get why people complain about the snaps being loud for game play reasons.  At the same time, snaps in real life ARE loud, which is something you've continued to capture through your updates.  Please don't nerf them.

As in previous versions, LJ could put optional soniccracks config for quieter soniccracks.

Definitely agree! One of the best features in my opinion. Scares the shit out of me. 

Definitely agree! One of the best features in my opinion. Scares the shit out of me. 

Me too :D And the bullet impact sounds.Thats what i miss most when not using JSRS-hiding behind a car or metal shed or something and hearing incoming rounds slamming into the metal.God it's scary !