Love the mod, keep up the outstanding work.

Anyway maybe it's my imagination but I swear a lot of the Eastern Bloc weapons have significantly less recoil than their NATO 5.56mm counterparts. Even unmodernized 7.62x39mm assault rifles (SA-58) seem to have less recoil. Am I just imagining it?

If you guys need any hard-to-come by info on US armor I may be able to help, just let me know. Either way your US vehicles are definitely pretty accurate as-is.

7 hours ago, reconteam said:

Even unmodernized 7.62x39mm assault rifles (SA-58) seem to have less recoil.

Was a bug thats fixed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I have a Problem with RHS.

I like to make a little Scenario in Eden and also a loadout for this Scenario.

I launch Arma with all 4 RHS; YuEmod; CUP Terrains Core and Maps; Project OPFOR and Iraqi and syrian conflict mod.

My first steps are I go to VA and make with just AFRF USAF and YuEmod a loadout.I save all the loadouts.

Then I go to Eden and placing some units with waypoints  and when I place a Group of MSV EMR and i go to Change the loadout. 

But I can't load my loadouts anymore. They are all greyed out just only one unit was possible to load.

I Close Eden and go back to VA. But the same procedure as befor

My next steps was launching Arma without Project OPFOR -> same Problem. And after this without Iraqi Syrian conflict mod -> same Problem.

So I launch Arma with only both CUP all 4 RHS and YuEmod. go to VA try to load my loadout and same Problem.

Also i googled for help and found a post in a other Forum and the post was from 2016 and someone mean that the issue are from weapons with scopes. And I searching in your Feedback tracker but there I can't find something.

So I try a new loadout with AK's and scopes but they are all works fine but the only one that are working from my old loadout doesn't work anymore so I can' load it!

After this I'am very frustrating and delete my loadouts because I want at a free Weekend playing some hours Arma3 with great mods but the result is 2 hours of frustrating search and destroy not the enemy but the fuc**** Bug. 

So thanks alot to who else for nothing! :smiley-grimmace: :icon_bash:

Can someone help to fix this in the future? Is this a Bug by RHS or BI or ...?

Tracers on the HMGs such as the NSV seem to burn out too quickly. It burns out long before it reaches one kilometer. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like it should burn for longer because you can't reliably hit things that are technically within the operating range of the weapon.

36 minutes ago, ljcsteam said:

Is this M24 SWS already in your mod or you're updating a new model?

updating

6 minutes ago, schulz said:

Hello Guys,
I don't know if this was already mentioned, but I have this weird bug.

When adding an Ammobox (only RHSUSAF) in Eden, the preview image is different than the actual object.
See Screenshot:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1291527349

Anybody knows what that causes?
Thx

nothing too weird, simply image for preview was taken before the object 3D model was changed. Nothing critical either.

2 minutes ago, soul_assassin said:

nothing too weird, simply image for preview was taken before the object 3D model was changed. Nothing critical either.

Thx for the quick reply!
Just to clear up things for simple-me.
All RHSUSAF Ammo boxes look like the one in the screenshot when placed, even though they have individual preview-images.
What confuses me is that the Russian side has individual boxes when placed, but not the US.
Or are the US-Ammo box still WIP?

20 minutes ago, schulz said:

Thx for the quick reply!
Just to clear up things for simple-me.
All RHSUSAF Ammo boxes look like the one in the screenshot when placed, even though they have individual preview-images.
What confuses me is that the Russian side has individual boxes when placed, but not the US.
Or are the US-Ammo box still WIP?

Again, no confusion. The preview pictures and real models have nothing to do with each other. The former were generated when USAF was using A3 vanilla models and had different boxes for different types of ammo. We'e since then created a single ammobox to be used but did not update the images.

Russians have more types of models for ammoboxes but its just  visual appearance and makes no difference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soul_assassin said:

Again, no confusion. The preview pictures and real models have nothing to do with each other. The former were generated when USAF was using A3 vanilla models and had different boxes for different types of ammo. We'e since then created a single ammobox to be used but did not update the images.

Russians have more types of models for ammoboxes but its just  visual appearance and makes no difference.

Thx, now I understand :)

On 21.01.2018 at 6:22 PM, reyhard said:

Yes, they are in Arma video settings and it adds 3 extra modes for PIP. Take a look at left right conrer of screen I posted ;)

It extends only the terrain view distance, am I correct?

1 minute ago, czechu777 said:

It extends only the terrain view distance, am I correct?

No, it extends object view distance too although bear in mind it's limited by regular object & terrain distance + objects are not rendered while their size is near few pixels (which in case of PiP 512x512px screen is appearing quite quickly although it can be still forced by featureType param)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, reyhard said:

No, it extends object view distance too although bear in mind it's limited by regular object & terrain distance + objects are not rendered while their size is near few pixels (which in case of PiP 512x512px screen is appearing quite quickly although it can be still forced by featureType param)

Just tested it. This is probably best thing they have updated in Arma in a while :O

Hi guys, just for info)
Russian infantry complex "Ratnik-3", how developers see it, planned for release in 2023 year, so things may be changed)

Maj5vP_gu0c.jpg

• Like 1

That looks cool. Kind of like the old Future Force Warrior concept (is that a powered exosuit?). Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up going its way, too. Still, it does look cool. It also reminds me of CTRG stealth gear and vanilla CSAT. Except actually cool-looking. :) 

Well, as far as "real" Ratnik goes, what I want from it are the TI sights. RHS could use more of those in general.

4 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

is that a powered exosuit?

Yep)

Type in Google: Ратник-3, there is more pictures.

#industry mockup

-k 

Just found some more info. Sound a lot like FFW, actually. It'd interesting to see if it works out. On one hand, it does look kind of far fetched. On the other, Russians have a habit of keeping cool things under wraps until they're pretty sure they can actually pull them off... We'll see. That said, I don't think the final result will look a lot like the mockup.

2 hours ago, eagleone said:

Hi guys, just for info)
Russian infantry complex "Ratnik-3", how developers see it, planned for release in 2023 year, so things may be changed)

Maj5vP_gu0c.jpg

yeah no worries seen this joke before....

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Which isn't to say it would be awesome to see that guy face someone dressed like that (well, maybe in some less ugly camo):
380px-US_Army_powered_armor.jpg

ArmA4, maybe? :) 

3 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Which isn't to say it would be awesome to see that guy face someone dressed like that (well, maybe in some less ugly camo):

ArmA4, maybe? :) 

Christ I hope not, I'm tired of these bug Iranian soldiers. Things in 2028 probably wont look much different than what we have now. HALO is a long long ways away.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, wendyvonbraun said:

...Things in 2028 probably wont look much different than what we have now. HALO is a long long ways away.

While I am more fond(comfy) w current/cold war RHS/OFP/Ghost Recon (2001) etc setting, I must somewhat disagree.

If anything, ArmA 3's "teh fuuture" is getting outdated by the year. Heck, much of vanilla was current-gen or 90's tech back in 2011 (first announced).

I highly doubt the actual mil issue gear will be as "Deus Ex aesthetic cyberpunk fashion operator" as that russian mockup or the couch camo exo demonstrator.

But i'm fairly confident that functions-wise we'll be there or further in 10-20 years.

Or it'll be another world war and everyone will rush B with stockpile AKMs and M16A1s sporting CW era web-gear and a steel pot because all current gear stocks and production will be bombed first-hand :drinking2: