11 hours ago, deathwatch4 said:

I could be looking into it too much, but are the camouflage fatigues added in GREF as of late a hint of a Takistani/Middle East faction later on?

wouldn't be much of a hint if they told you, now would it?

• Like 1

Is there ever going to be more variants for the Humvee such as the TOW, Avenger, Medivac, MHQ, and Spec ops version? I think the Humvee would work way better then the all the different variants of the FMTV, y'all have in game atm. Now I know the FMTV doesn't have a combat role like the Humvee does. But that's the thing there more non-combat role vehicles then there is combat role vehicles, If you compare it to the Russian side. Anyhow keep up the good work!

3 minutes ago, payne2010 said:

Is there ever going to be more variants for the Humvee such as the TOW, Avenger, Medivac, MHQ, and Spec ops version? I think the Humvee would work way better then the all the different variants of the FMTV, y'all have in game atm. Now I know the FMTV doesn't have a combat role like the Humvee does. But that's the thing there more non-combat role vehicles then there is combat role vehicles, If you compare it to the Russian side. Anyhow keep up the good work!

maybe

57 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

wouldn't be much of a hint if they told you, now would it?

I guess it would seem that way.

Forgive me, I forgot about the multitude of questions and requests you gentlemen receive. Keep up the good work!

11 hours ago, deathwatch4 said:

Forgive me, I forgot about the multitude of questions and requests you gentlemen receive. Keep up the good work!

no worries, but the reply will always be the same, for reasons that we have stated so many times before, so there is no reason to actually ask anyways.

I think acu is too shiny. It doesn't make too much difference on ucp but I retextured acus and shine is more obvious on  darker camouflage patterns. To solve that, I added rvmats to my mod(haven't released that version yet) and changed only specular maps.

Before and after:

Spoiler

QBu5ber.png

uNJyCss.png

Specular map that I used:

Spoiler

ibBTfM5.png

Now my questions are; will you change that smdi, and if you won't, can I update my mod with new rvmats?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ltf said:

I think acu is too shiny. It doesn't make too much difference on ucp but I retextured acus and shine is more obvious on  darker camouflage patterns. To solve that, I added rvmats to my mod(haven't released that version yet) and changed only specular maps.

Before and after:

Reveal hidden contents

QBu5ber.png

uNJyCss.png

Specular map that I used:

Reveal hidden contents

ibBTfM5.png

Now my questions are; will you change that smdi, and if you won't, can I update my mod with new rvmats?

Upon request of the author, ACU retextures and modification are not allowed. You cannot release this version to the public.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, soul_assassin said:

Upon request of the author, ACU retextures and modification are not allowed. You cannot release this version to the public.

Damn, really? I released first version of my mod months ago and I'm truly sorry for that. I thought RHS content was allowed to be retextured with proper credits. Taking it down now, I should've asked first

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Ltf said:

Damn, really? I released first version of my mod months ago and I'm truly sorry for that. I thought RHS content was allowed to be retextured with proper credits. Taking it down now, I should've asked first

I'm pretty sure he just means the new version with the updated RVMAT, as it requires modifying the model. I don't want to speak for anyone on the team (And please correct me if I'm wrong), but I can't imagine a config that uses hidden selections to change the texture, and is dependent on the original .pbo, would be a problem.

6 hours ago, Ltf said:

certain authors can choose to allow or not re-texture of the original content they did. do remember that in accordance to our NoDeriv EULA, the "legal" stance is that we tolerate re-textures.

In any case, at the bottom of the said EULA page, you will find a list of content we choose to enforce the mentioned EULA for, as per the desire of their respective authors: http://www.rhsmods.org/page/EULA

we could indeed choose to disallow any sort of hidden selections, but that would make our own lives harder. Please don't force our hand here.

17 minutes ago, b00ce said:

I'm pretty sure he just means the new version with the updated RVMAT, as it requires modifying the model. I don't want to speak for anyone on the team (And please correct me if I'm wrong), but I can't imagine a config that uses hidden selections to change the texture, and is dependent on the original .pbo, would be a problem.

nope, read above

Well, technically, if he made a texture completely from scratch and substituted it using in-game functionality, it wouldn't be a derivative of any sort. That said, I've never seen anyone actually manage something like that unless the UV was extremely simple.

37 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Well, technically, if he made a texture completely from scratch and substituted it using in-game functionality, it wouldn't be a derivative of any sort. That said, I've never seen anyone actually manage something like that unless the UV was extremely simple.

You'd still be using the model for your add-on in some way.

Anyway, RHS is providing so much high-quality assets for us and allowing retextures that we should gladly accept this one exception and honor their wishes.

1 hour ago, fingolfin said:

You'd still be using the model for your add-on in some way.

I'm not sure of the exact mechanism involved, but as long as it's not redistributed with the addon, it'd essentially be a completely independent work that happens to use RHS as dependency (which is not prohibited even by an ARR license). Even if it is, if the model is not modified, it's simple redistribution. Again, that's all assuming the texture doesn't use anything from the original as a source, which is pretty unlikely unless the UVs are set up specifically to make that sort of thing doable.

Wow, brilliant. Wasn't expecting that so soon. :) Seriously though, it's great that fixes and improvements are being released so promptly.

2 hours ago, dragon01 said:

also technically that is not possible. 

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

I'm not sure of the exact mechanism involved, but as long as it's not redistributed with the addon, it'd essentially be a completely independent work that happens to use RHS as dependency (which is not prohibited even by an ARR license). Even if it is, if the model is not modified, it's simple redistribution. Again, that's all assuming the texture doesn't use anything from the original as a source, which is pretty unlikely unless the UVs are set up specifically to make that sort of thing doable.

as always, for some stuff we could choose to disable hiddenselections altogether, and then this would be a moot point... ;)

Thanks! These MERDC textures are excellent!

This GPS system is amazing. Could that be integrated in other aircraft? I am thinking for example integrate it into MFD and add rotating map, kinda like in DCS A10C

Happy anniversary RHS Team !!!

You guys Added Xmas gift 1 for RHS:USAF. What is it? I am not able to find it.

6 hours ago, PuFu said:

nope, read above

That's fair, I'm not about to question clima_x's wishes.

And congrats on the release, I'm looking forward to enjoying all your hard work. Thank you to everyone on the team.

Hey guys!

Congratulations on your release! That's a pretty meaty changelog there! Can't wait to try out those PhysX improvements, sounds and jet/heli map functionality!

Thanks for putting in so much hard work to make this high-quality total conversion mod for us :)

I guess all the hard work of people asking "when is next update?" finally paid off. ( :f: ).