My estimates are about 10% lower for front, (so almost the same) but sides arent a bit too optimistic? I think they arent more than 55-60mm.

Sides are made from the same material as front, upper side hull is also angled + there is side skirt made from HHS plate.

Do you know the effectiveness of ERA? Can we give them about +300-400mm VS CE? (vs single warhead only)

Here is the problem, nobody knows the efficency of ARAT, BRAT and SRAT ERA, however I heard it was capable to stop even PG-29V (sic!), not immposible considering that this ERA have layered design, there are at least 4-5 reactive layers inside with some sort of isolation or amortization in between layers.

I haven't been able to find anything on search at the moment, but are you guys planning to add sidearms? I think Russia has the renamed vanilla pistol,but the US has nothing.

We plan to, they are just not ready as they had lower priority over other stuff. :)

Sides are made from the same material as front, upper side hull is also angled + there is side skirt made from HHS plate.

Well, that still doesnt explain.

My estimate is:

Hull front is 25mm AL + 30mm steel at 60 deg = ~90mm

Sides are 25mm AL + 30mm steel up to 2/3-3/4 height = ~45mm. The remaining 1/3 - 1/4 is a bit angled, and seems to be partially reinforced with around 5-10mm steel, so ~55-60mm.

So sides are definitely 3UBR6 proof, but I wouldnt be sure about 3UBR8, especially the lower 2/3-3/4 of the hull, which is still a very big target.

BTW, what about the rear ramp? That is the only part that seems REALLY thick.

Well, that still doesnt explain.

My estimate is:

Hull front is 25mm AL + 30mm steel at 60 deg = ~90mm

Sides are 25mm AL + 30mm steel up to 2/3-3/4 height = ~45mm. The remaining 1/3 - 1/4 is a bit angled, and seems to be partially reinforced with around 5-10mm steel, so ~55-60mm.

So sides are definitely 3UBR6 proof, but I wouldnt be sure about 3UBR8, especially the lower 2/3-3/4 of the hull, which is still a very big target.

Maybe, we would need good armor schematic.

BTW, what about the rear ramp? That is the only part that seems REALLY thick.

it's not homogeneus, seems to be spaced armor made from two thinner plates with air gap in between.

If your control preset is not "Arma 3" then I think you should press whatever your "Countermeasure mode" key is. It located at the bottom of "Weapons" category in Controls. :)

In my case work with Ctrl+G, but this set OFF laser o torch, i need push L again.

In my case work with Ctrl+G, but this set OFF laser o torch, i need push L again.

It's presumably the workaround they use, in that when you switch the mode it changes the attachment, they have the same model but one is a laser and one is a light. The default state is evidently off and I don't think there is a command to force a unit to turn on it's attachment.

Just had one of those Arma moments, drove my BTR80 into a corner and a column of footmobiles was wiped out in mere seconds. War is horrible. :(

Do you guys plan to add the helmet idea I suggested a few pages back into the next patch?

Just had one of those Arma moments, drove my BTR80 into a corner and a column of footmobiles was wiped out in mere seconds. War is horrible. :(

Gah, I thought the AI drivers were bad enough. Posts like this make me glad I don't play MP <eg>

More seriously, AI drivers massacreing friendly grunts is much worse than in A2/CO. And even the faintest brush with a slow-moving vehicle kills the unit, which is ridiculous. I use kju's addon for A2 to disable all friendly fire - it disables friendly vehicle kills 100% irrespective of whether the driver is AI or human.

I actually meant the BTR gunner took down 12+ soldiers in a few seconds, with Blastcore effects it was intense and ghastly! I was the driver :p

Thank you for such a great mod. The detail is simply amazing! Could any one point me in the direction where I could find a list of class names for vehicles doors so I can animate them in the editor? I can't seem to find it on the RHS wiki.

If your control preset is not "Arma 3" then I think you should press whatever your "Countermeasure mode" key is. It located at the bottom of "Weapons" category in Controls. :)

Yup, Semiconductor got it right, we coded it using the "Next Counter-Measure" bind.

The "Next Counter-Measure" bind switches between laser and torch, the L key it's to turn it on or off.

---------- Post added at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was at 00:48 ----------

BTW here there is a really awesome tutorial of how the Horus sight work ( thanks to i3r4ndon for providing it ):

Small issue with the 1x scope in one of the distance lods. The "make the 3d scope work" part of the ACOG doesn't have the proper transparent texture applied. As a result people at more than 20ft look like they have a long white styrofoam cup around their optic.

Small issue with the 1x scope in one of the distance lods. The "make the 3d scope work" part of the ACOG doesn't have the proper transparent texture applied. As a result people at more than 20ft look like they have a long white styrofoam cup around their optic.

I pointed out this issue since first version.Glad someone came along to also repor.

Please help by listing your mods.Go back a few pages to my post in which iv also listed mine.

Find any matching mod,disable it,and test again....report back let us know whats causing this issue.

I pointed out this issue since first version.Glad someone came along to also repor.

Please help by listing your mods.Go back a few pages to my post in which iv also listed mine.

Find any matching mod,disable it,and test again....report back let us know whats causing this issue.

I'm seeing it too, but I agree with him that it's texture related. I'm thinking they forgot the texture for the associated LOD.

Would you mind sending a pic please.

I've been testing it, and I can see the same ACOG at 5m as 20m, and even at 50m...

The new release is epic. 300 times more enjoyable, compared to 0.30.

Thanks!

Would you mind sending a pic please.

I've been testing it, and I can see the same ACOG at 5m as 20m, and even at 50m...

It must not be a texture thing because not every soldier that appears to also have the ACOG and laser/flashlight combo have the white anomaly. If I take another step towards this guy it goes away.

Edit: It also goes away beyond 123m or so.

http://i.imgur.com/M0w5KzR.jpg (480 kB)

the thing is, that all lods have texture but they have different number of res lods/lods numbering and probably that where issue lies. anyway, join my final take on that issue as it's really annoying never ending bug. hopefully -> that PBO <- should finally fix it. Please, report if issue is gone, thanks!

(do backup before, do not use in mp, blabla)

my tanks keep falling upside when going down moutains. especially the m1a1 and m1a2 tanks (pretty sure both). funny to see the first few times but now its something worth mentioning.

my tanks keep falling upside when going down moutains. especially the m1a1 and m1a2 tanks (pretty sure both). funny to see the first few times but now its something worth mentioning.

Welcome to A3 tanks' physX.

Has some kind person set up a download yet?

(...since I don't really like those torrents... :-( )

Has some kind person set up a download yet?

(...since I don't really like those torrents... :-( )

tsk tsk, who hasn't read the thread yet?

Hint: A*m*h*l*c

Enjoy, it's a work of aart :)

Hi guys :)

I heard this mod offers some Horus Reticle, is it true? what type of Horus Reticle is it? I'm a big fan of Horus Reticle coz it's the best Miliradian BDC reticle ever made :)

Can anybody show me some in-game pictures of it? if it looks good, i wanna run this mod. And does it work well with Advanced Ballistics?

Playing Advanced Ballistics with Horus Reticle is gonna be one hell of an awesome long range precision shooting experience! :D

Edited by TiborasaurusRex

tsk tsk, who hasn't read the thread yet?

Hint: A*m*h*l*c

Enjoy, it's a work of aart :)

Seems like I am very bad in searching threads, but at least I am fair at decrypting complex chiffres based on lots of '*'. ;)

Thanks a lot!