I've never found any of that stuff. How did you get it in Ravage? Can you please explain. Thanks.

simple: I read what Haleks wrote a few pages ago and add the script to the init of the mission

It is a test for the next update of ROADS, the SP mission made for Ravage .

This added script will allow any player to add weapons, items and uniforms as gear for the spawned AI bandits, renagades and survivors.

It is not available for the loot containers for now, I need more time and test and planed update has been delayed due to last arma 3 update.

I'd like to update my mission almost the same time than Haleks did for Ravage but I had worries with my computer and I'm working this we.

I guess Roads will be updated before the next we.

It should enlarge the weaponry of ravage for the mods already supported by the loot system and it will allow to add same stuff from other mods

Mainly shotguns, SMGs and handguns ( pistols and revolvers)

I will also add powerful gun lights and a compound bow.

The script is made for no dependencies on mods , so it will be on user's choice to use any of this mod .

I'm typing this from my iPhone, I will add more information when back home later tonight

Thanks to Haleks for his precious help to figure this out

• Like 1

Hi,

Just tested it yesterday. I like it, it's a mix between Human Vs Human and Human Vs Infected.

For those who want to know, here is the mods I used :

@CBA_A3 : Community Base Addons, always updated.

@ACE : Latest and complete version of Advanced Combat Environement.

@RAVAGE : Ravage Mod.

@Gpl : Some gameplay modifications from my selection, like alternative third person, blood mist, less waypon sway, VCOM driving, and some others.

@CUPIsl : Pack of islands from the Community Upgrade Project.

@Isl : Some islands designed for ArmA III and ArmA II.

@RHS : RHS : AFRF and RHS : USF complete mod.

@Wea : Some weapons mods, like HLC, SMA, RH, and some others.

@WeaRen : My personnal mods that rename weapons by their real names. I mean, real names. Not approximative real names like A.C.E mod.

@WeaAlt : My personnal alternative configurations for suppressors in each weapons, BI and modded ones included.

Info : My personnal mods are made with authorizations from original modders.

Today, I try to add some others mods.

• Like 2

If I understand correctly, loot does spawn in containers, but you're unable to pick it up?

If it's not too much trouble, could you start a new game on Stable and tell me how things go?

You understand correctly. I cannot pick up loot from containers. It was always possible to pick up loot from the initial corpse by the car though.

I'm still using ArmA DEV, but I found out, that https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168353-uicorrections-suite/ breaks it ( @bzly_UIcorrections).

@Haleks

..i ve seen the whole community OFP/ARMA1-2-3 etc are ASTONISHED by the *Hose

I think we should make the *Hose a standalone-Total conversion mod ..with support to the above platforms.

If the revolution continues..maybe it should be a standalone title. (later maybe Xbox and PS4)

Life is strange..you start with a *Hose..and who knows where you ll get from there!!

:y:

You understand correctly. I cannot pick up loot from containers. It was always possible to pick up loot from the initial corpse by the car though.

I'm still using ArmA DEV, but I found out, that https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168353-uicorrections-suite/ breaks it ( @bzly_UIcorrections).

The weird thing is that the new spawn system does work : basically, compared to previous versions, the loot system waits for the player to open a container before adding loot to it.

So the fact that you do see loot means that the default inventory action is successfully overridden. The only explanation I can come up with, is that one of your mods somehow affects weaponHolders - either that or something in DEV branch.

Could you launch a vanilla set up (ravage + CBA), place a loot module on Altis or Stratis, and tell me how things go?

I have spent quite some time today debugging things, not playing :( As for your mod, I am absolutely unsure about the cause. I did tactical mod deactivation and quite a few times I was convinced I cought the one. But with the next start under the same mod mix problem occured again. Also what I regularly see is your mission not starting with that color tinting. Sometimes it does. I have no idea yet. At last I reverted to ArmA Stable and as of now, with all my mods, picking up loot works. A bit uncertainty still.

I'm sorry to say that I'm not able to gut a rabbit either. Started a new game with the last update and I have no other mods loaded, apart from CBA. 

I was zooming around in the darkness in a truck. Sometimes travelling too quickly can make loot spawns appear late or not at all. I've arrived at one of those half-finished buildings (building on a construction site with no walls) and seen crates appear in front of me and drop to the ground (they seem to spawn about half a metre above the ground). So perhaps the rabbit wasn't fully formed? I'll try to find another whilst travelling on foot to see what happens.

I've got a blue-handled "gutting knife" and there's no option on the action menu and double clicking the knife doesn't do anything either. I tried putting it in my clothes (rather than the chest rig or backpack) just in case, but that didn't help either.

The only other thing I can thing of is that this is a resumed game. I saved when I stopped playing yesterday and resumed today.

Has anyone managed to successfully gut a rabbit yet?

Edit: Added a screenshot in the spoiler below

2015-12-07_00003_zpszkc10htt.jpg

• Like 2

I'm sorry to say that I'm not able to gut a rabbit either. Started a new game with the last update and I have no other mods loaded, apart from CBA. 

I was zooming around in the darkness in a truck. Sometimes travelling too quickly can make loot spawns appear late or not at all. I've arrived at one of those half-finished buildings (building on a construction site with no walls) and seen crates appear in front of me and drop to the ground (they seem to spawn about half a metre above the ground). So perhaps the rabbit wasn't fully formed? I'll try to find another whilst travelling on foot to see what happens.

I've got a blue-handled "gutting knife" and there's no option on the action menu and double clicking the knife doesn't do anything either. I tried putting it in my clothes (rather than the chest rig or backpack) just in case, but that didn't help either.

The only other thing I can thing of is that this is a resumed game. I saved when I stopped playing yesterday and resumed today.

I too reported it earlier and I also tried running Ravage without other mods - no success. So I'd say we can definitely confirm this issue.

• Like 1

I too reported it earlier and I also tried running Ravage without other mods - no success. So I'd say we can definitely confirm this issue.

Mm, I saw your post. I was hoping it was just you (sorry). But it's not looking good.

Damn it - I was having the best game. I've only found one food item so far and that was a rusty tin can - thank goodness they give more nutrition now, but I'm still going to starve to death at this rate.

Edit: Added a screenshot in the spoiler below

2015-12-07_00003_zpszkc10htt.jpg

Okay, I did some tests and I believe some changes were made in the engine regarding non-human entities : interactions with those seem to have been limited somehow (it's probably why the AI refused to engage zombies after the 1.54 update).

The gut action is added alright, but the engine considers that the player doesn't know anything about the animal he just killed and doesn't bother looking for an interaction. You should be able to check this yourself in Editor : place a player, a rabbit and a survival module in VR. Once you killed the rabbit, the "Gut Animal" action will eventually appear after some time if the visibility conditions are deemed correct (but it seems to be rather inconsistant).

Anyway it's fixed on my build; I will look into a couple of other minor issues and release a hotfix soon! Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

• Like 7

Ive got a template mission for those of you who need it for porting to maps... will check and maybe release.

2015-12-07_00004_zpsvchr8oo2.jpg

• Like 3

I'd highly recommend trying out the St. Kapaulio map, it has a really cool tropical vibe similar to the classic Lingor Island. It needs a few additional addons to run, but it's well worth it.

It has a mix of both Arma 3 buildings and JBAD buildings,

All the Ravage modules function well on this terrain.  ;)

I'd like to add a few points to my earlier post.......

I have been play-testing Ravage on this terrain for a few days now (primarily to help the map author find bugs and misplaced objects etc.).....and i'm quite captivated by it.

The buildings share the same destroyed/derelict look Haleks created for the Altis version of the Ravage demo mission, so it lends itself to such a scenario, you get the feeling something bad happened there.......

As the map is a working Beta, it will be updated regularly...... 

Here's a little bonus for my fellow Ravagers....... 

After a PM with the map author (god-father), i explained about the survival mechanics for Ravage and he has agreed to place water sources (barrels and fountains) around the towns and FOB's.....and a few randomly placed in the cave systems.  ;) 

• Like 5

I'd like to add a few points to my earlier post.......

I have been play-testing Ravage on this terrain for a few days now (primarily to help the map author find bugs and misplaced objects etc.).....and i'm quite captivated by it.

The buildings share the same destroyed/derelict look Haleks created for the Altis version of the Ravage demo mission, so it lends itself to such a scenario, you get the feeling something bad happened there.......

As the map is a working Beta, it will be updated regularly...... 

Here's a little bonus for my fellow Ravagers....... 

After a PM with the map author (god-father), i explained about the survival mechanics for Ravage and he has agreed to place water sources (barrels and fountains) around the towns and FOB's.....and a few randomly placed in the cave systems.  ;) 

It really is an interesting map... you weren't kidding about that prison ;)

I've got it mostly worked out... anyone, let me know if the vid makes sense and ill just quickly double check a few thngs and  release the template..

link to template

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrq8yklt6s3q57r/RavageTemplate.Stratis.zip?dl=0

Additional instructions

After you're done previewing your new mission in the editor to make sure it's to your liking, save it as a "User Mission."

This will create a new mission folder in your Documents/ARMA3/Otherprofiles/yourknickname/missions folder.

Copy and paste everything from Cosmic's Template folder (init.sqf, description.ext, etc) inside this location. DON'T overwrite mission sqm when you copy and paste the files over.

Go back into the editor, and then save the mission you just made and previewed as a SP Mission.

It will then be available just like any other mission to play when you launch the game.

Move the Bandit camp triggers to applicable locations like military bases.

• Like 3

I'm at my "like" quota for the day.

Hey Cosmic...

I like you. :)

Looking forward to this immensely.

EDIT: What happens when Haleks gives us updates? Will you need to continually update your template or will it automatically use whatever version of Ravage we have installed?

• Like 1

I'm at my "like" quota for the day.

Hey Cosmic...

I like you. :)

Looking forward to this immensely.

EDIT: Happens when Haleks gives us updates. Will you need to continually update your template or will it automatically use whatever version of Ravage we have installed?

Lol.... awkwaaaaard ;)

kidding

Link is in the video post... 

the mission is all default Ravage courtesy of Haleks. It uses all of the vanilla ravage mission but slightly adjusted so you can adjust all the parameters with the modules but you still get the main vanilla ravage features like random spawn location and Haleks fancy startup etc...

Hopefully it is as straightforward as I tried to make it..... Bascally as long as you copy and paste it all, move the camps and spawn locations to where you like... you should be up and running in a vanilla ravage mission with your own module parameters relatively quickly. in the video I copy my marker hints but dont do that or at least delete them before saving lol

cheers!

Lol.... awkwaaaaard ;)

kidding

Link is in the video post...

the mission is all default Ravage courtesy of Haleks. It uses all of the vanilla ravage mission but slightly adjusted so you can adjust all the parameters with the modules but you still get the main vanilla ravage features like random spawn location etc...

Hopefully it is as straightforward as I tried to make it..... Bascally as long as you copy and paste it all, move the camps and spawn locations to where you like... you should be up and running in a vanilla ravage mission with your own module parameters relatively quickly. in the video I copy my marker hints but dont do that or at least delete them before saving lol

cheers!

Thanks man. I'll give this a whirl tonight. So the template knows to use whatever version of Ravage we have installed? So for instance, when he gives us a hotfix here soon for the animal gutting, this template will work without you having to update?

Anyway, this is great.

What was that you were doing/typing in the text box at the very end of the video? Perhaps it's because I'm on my phone but I can't read it in the video. I can't really decipher what it was you were up to in that final step before clicking preview. The part where you had to change the name.

Thanks man. I'll give this a whirl tonight. So the template knows to use whatever version of Ravage we have installed? So for instance, when he gives us a hotfix here soon for the animal gutting, this template will work without you having to update?

Anyway, this is great.

What was that you were doing/typing in the text box at the very end of the video? Perhaps it's because I'm on my phone but I can't read it in the video. I can't really decipher what it was you were up to in that final step before clicking preview. The part where you had to change the name.

yes ... it uses the ravage modules so as long as the modules are not changed by name, which may happen, it should be current during updates. the init spawn etc don't rely on ravage modules but the markers named spawn so really the only thing that would change would be within the module parameters or it they were renamed or new features added that had to be enabled...

The thing i added before I hit preview was "copy contents of template folder over to your map folder that you just saved". Precisely the topic you created earlier in relation to making sure contents of the template is in your new saved mission folder so that it has init, description.ext etc from template folder...

let me know how it goes... 

yes ... it uses the ravage modules so as long as the modules are not changed by name, which may happen, it should be current during updates. the init spawn etc don't rely on ravage modules but the markers named spawn so really the only thing that would change would be within the module parameters or it they were renamed or new features added that had to be enabled...

The thing i added before I hit preview was "copy contents of template folder over to your map folder that you just saved". Precisely the topic you created earlier in relation to making sure contents of the template is in your new saved mission folder so that it has init, description.ext etc from template folder...

let me know how it goes...

LOL! How topical. :)

For anyone new (like me) following along, I'll just clarify what Cosmic just said about copying the contents from the template over (the way Cosmic wrote it in the video is a little confusing if you've never done it before).

After you're done previewing your new mission in the editor to make sure it's to your liking, save it as a "User Mission." This will create a new mission folder in your Documents/ARMA3/Otherprofiles/yourknickname/missions folder. Copy and paste everything from Cosmic's Template folder (init.sqf, description.ext, etc) inside this location.

Go back into the editor, and then save the mission you just made and previewed as a SP Mission.

It will then be available just like any other mission to play when you launch the game.

Cosmic, if I typed any of this incorrectly, I'll update my post. Read it over and let me know.

• Like 1

Hi Haleks,

I'm not too used to using mods so wondering if you could tell whether this lot will play nicely & fit well with your mod (looks great!, even though I've only played five mins & I found 2 assault rifles with no ammo, so got wasted rather quickly lol, this was vanilla (your mod+cba)).  I apologise if this has been covered already.

Mods I plan to use with Ravage:

CBA_A3, Mocap, Enhanced Movement, TRYK's uniforms, RHS: US forces, RHS: forces of the russian federation.

I was also hoping to use some sort of archery mod, does anyone know of a good one? I've found Flay's Archery festish mod, looks good.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

:)  :P  :D

I know you were talking to Haleks but.. the mods you listed are exactly the ones I recommand to play RAVAGE.

Tryk's, RHS are supported by RAVAGE. (you'll find in the loot and on spawned AI uniforms and weaponery from those mods )

MOCAP and Enhanced Mouvement are  highly recommanded for this but:

MOCAP is useless with AI most of time if you don't use Incognito from Rydygier with MOCAP , you'll never have the chance to be close enough for Takedown as you'll be seen as "threat" as soon as you'll be in the LOS of AIs and shot down in the second.

Ehnanced Movement suffered from the last Arma 3 Update 1.54 and his author is working on an update (you'll have two errors messages at prompt of the game but EM works fine even with this.

for Flay Archery, it is not supported by Ravage for now, discussed here a few page ago, but it is possible to add it  if you use the script Haleks ave us a few page ago to modufy the Ravage gear list ( AI will spawn with Bows)

or try to play ROADS as I have implemented Flay_Archery in the last update (this morning)  ;)

PLXaMl.jpg

• Like 2

LOL! How topical. :)

For anyone new (like me) following along, I'll just clarify what Cosmic just said about copying the contents from the template over (the way Cosmic wrote it in the video is a little confusing if you've never done it before).

After you're done previewing your new mission in the editor to make sure it's to your liking, save it as a "User Mission." This will create a new mission folder in your Documents/ARMA3/Otherprofiles/yourknickname/missions folder. Copy and paste everything from Cosmic's Template folder (init.sqf, description.ext, etc) inside this location.

Cosmic, if I typed any of this incorrectly, I'll update my post. Read it over and let me know.

Yup... that covers it much better ;)

I've got it mostly worked out... anyone, let me know if the vid makes sense and ill just quickly double check a few thngs and  release the template..

link to template

Thank you cosmic10r, your a god send.

This makes what im about to attempt a whole lot easier. And i saved your video too just incase.

Also, anyone know any gd videos/tutorials showing how to create cut-scenes or opening vids

I've got it mostly worked out... anyone, let me know if the vid makes sense and ill just quickly double check a few thngs and release the template..

link to template

Wow. This is remarkable. Thanks, Cosmic. I can't believe how easy this turned out to be. :) I got Esseker up and running in less than 5 minutes.

I do have a few questions/comments.

1. For me, using the vanilla editor, your instructions using the "marker" tab don't show up. I see in the video you use an editor that looks a bit different than mine. When I zoom out using the default editor, your instructions don't appear.

2. I'm wondering if I set up everything correctly. In the modules, I had "walkers" as the only zombie type. Yet when I played there were still runners. I'm wondering if when I copy/pasted your Template on a new map to my "user mission" if I made a mistake. When I copy your template's info (the description.ext, init.sqf, etc), am I supposed to overwrite my mission.sqm? I'm assuming not so I didn't. Was I supposed to? I figured I'd want to keep my custom mission.sqm but I figured I'd ask. Does the mission.sqm get copy/pasted too?

3. Do you have any general suggestions where to drag any of the markers/icons? Specifically the airport one of it's not obvious where an airport on the map is located, and...

3b. Anything relating to bandits/yellow vehicle markers, etc. I loaded up a mission in Esseker using your template and when I found a military base, there were no bandits. I'd assume this would be a very dangerous location but it only had zombies. Are bandits programmed to find there key locations organically?

Anyway, this is excellent. Thanks so much. You deserve a front page link IMO. I've never seen a mission this easy to post before. Great job!

:)  :P  :D

I know you were talking to Haleks but.. the mods you listed are exactly the ones I recommand to play RAVAGE.

Tryk's, RHS are supported by RAVAGE. (you'll find in the loot and on spawned AI uniforms and weaponery from those mods )

MOCAP and Enhanced Mouvement are  highly recommanded for this but:

MOCAP is useless with AI most of time if you don't use Incognito from Rydygier with MOCAP , you'll never have the chance to be close enough for Takedown as you'll be seen as "threat" as soon as you'll be in the LOS of AIs and shot down in the second.

Ehnanced Movement suffered from the last Arma 3 Update 1.54 and his author is working on an update (you'll have two errors messages at prompt of the game but EM works fine even with this.

for Flay Archery, it is not supported by Ravage for now, discussed here a few page ago, but it is possible to add it  if you use the script Haleks ave us a few page ago to modufy the Ravage gear list ( AI will spawn with Bows)

or try to play ROADS as I have implemented Flay_Archery in the last update (this morning)  ;)

Thanks but I wouldn't have a clue as far as changing the scripting/mod myself & your Roads looks good :) but no Zeds :(  I guess I'll have to wait for Haleks to support Flay Archery or for you to add zeds to Road (do you think either of these things will happen?).  Thank you very much for your help, I will try Incognito :)

Great work guys :D