NUUUU!!! All my mods are broken... And I don't have a massive amount of bandwidth to redownload them all quickly...

Ha! Yeah, mine too. Almost none of my favorite missions are playable right now (ALiVE w/mods, Spookwar, Ravage, etc).

If there was ever a time to take a couple days to remind my PS4 I still kind-of-sort-of like having it in my apartment, I guess now would be as good a time as any. :)

Ha! Yeah, mine too. Almost none of my favorite missions are playable right now (ALiVE w/mods, Spookwar, Ravage, etc).

If there was ever a time to take a couple days to remind my PS4 I still kind-of-sort-of like having it in my apartment, I guess now would be as good a time as any. :)

If I could get my 360 connected to the internet, I would play some of that. However, I have to use ICS on Windows to get it connected.

• Like 1

I did something a little stupid in Ravage. I had to mute the microphone as I was laughing too much. YouTube video in the spoiler:

• Like 6

Thanks for the offered help Kodabar, it is very kind.

There's a couple of people helping me already (thanks to giorgygr & mind!); I will probably work on translations at some point and will compile a list of custom texts used in the mod for anyone willing to help.

Meanwhile, anyone with animation knowledge should feel free to chime in : I did my best for the zombies, but they could use some proper attack anims! ;)

Anyway, regarding Arma 1.54 : the new stamina system obviously changes a lot of things and zombies are less dangerous as a result. I'm still trying to figure out if I leave it this way (and maybe tweak the zombies) or if I should restore the old system...

Feel free to share your thoughts!

what i would love to see is anim slow down based on carried stuff like in stalker. it's easy to do with the new animspeddcoef command now. that could also balance unarmed bambi mode vs fully geared and armed in terms of zombies. just some vague thoughts.

also: i will deliver that attack anim very soon. sorry for taking so long. i think doing it as a gesture (as in: zed can swing at you while moving) will help with making the zeds more dangerous again too.

• Like 2

what i would love to see is anim slow down based on carried stuff like in stalker. it's easy to do with the new animspeddcoef command now. that could also balance unarmed bambi mode vs fully geared and armed in terms of zombies. just some vague thoughts.

also: i will deliver that attack anim very soon. sorry for taking so long. i think doing it as a gesture (as in: zed can swing at you while moving) will help with making the zeds more dangerous again too.

Bambi Mode? How about run about with a good pistol that has a ranged optic on it? Methinks the M6C or M6G from OpTre. If it's suppressed, even better. I prefer the M6C since it also has a red dot. I modded it so that it also has a smart link scope(since in canon the M6C SOCOM has a smart link scope in addition to a RDS). Oh, and 12.7x40mm Rounds? Can kill most enemies in one hit.

Thanks mate! ;)

I've been playing around with playGesture, but never got it working (be it on zombies or vanilla AI)...

The weird thing is that I saw an AI playing a friggin gesture earlier today while messing around in editor mode!

Anyway, I'll take a deeper look into it; thanks for the suggestion.

you gotta do "playactionNow". for the time being you could config the anim you are using as a gesture to see how you like it from the technical side.

• Like 1

Oh shitshitshitshitshitshitshit....

6D4E8D38BCE905CEB121CA5F6169E25053176384

What you actually don't see is the freaking 50 cal offroad which is chasing me. 

• Like 3

some news from ROADS .... ( from ROADS thread)

with  Update 39 ARMA 3 V1.54 just arrived, I will have to hold the V 0.0.3 release of ROADS for  a few days to test if all the work done before the update arrived is still viable and stable.

it seems the new ARMA version is deeply modified and lot of mods are altered, we might need to wait for updates by all of the modders to their own mods 

for now, I can tell you the work done on the next update for ROADS V 0.0.3 :

- ZBE_Cache added to safe FPS.(on test since there are several options to use  cache for saving FPS and some new ones with the 1.54 and the newest EDEN Editor and Composition Tool Mod )

I also worked on:

loot compatibility for several Mods (not required but highly recommanded) see details below: 

- Lootlist for Flay_Archery Mod added ( add Compound Bow and arrows)

due to specificity of the FLAY's cfgMagazines (one arrow only, reusable) of the bow, quivers have been added to general loot, so arrows in quivers can be found in loot containers or on bandits even they don't carry bows.
Compound bow
Quiver precision arrows
Quiver broadhead arrows
Quiver Explosives arrows

- Lootlist for EricJ Weapons Mod added (add some weapons and accessories and uniform)

Surefire light, 
SRS sight,
IBEX sight,
AN/PVS-14 NVG
AA-12 Shotgun
HK416 with Surefire
M4A1 Masterkey
RAVEN PMC uniform (civilian)

- Lootlist for Massi Nato/Russians SF Weapons Mod added ( add a few more weapons and items to RAVAGE original Lootlist)
 EDIT:  NBC suits  added from Massi  USSOCOM-DEVGRU-75th RANGER and RUSSIAN GRU OMON Spetsnaz for RVG_Uniforms LV3

SAIGA shotgun
AK74S wood SF railed version
AK74S-GL wood SF railed version
GRACH pistol
Glock Pistol
Pistol Light-Laser-Module
Pistol silencer
AK serie Silencer
GPNVG-18

- Lootlist for RH Pistol pack Mod added (add several pistols, revolvers, SMGs and weaponlights)

Colt Python INOX 357
CZ-75
FN-5.7
GLOCK 17
GLOCK 19 TACTICAL
TEC-9
RAGING BULL INOX
RAGING BULL BLACK
MICRO UZI
USP 45
FNP 45 TACTICAL
M6X LIGHT
X2 LIGHT
MX300 LIGHT

- Lootlist for RH Accessories pack Mod added (add weaponlights and valuable sights)

SUREFIRE M952V
SUREFIRE M952V TAN
AN/PVS-10 DAY/NIGHT RIFLE SIGHT

- Lootlist for M4 Super90 Benelli pack Mod added(add a few M1014 and Super 90 variants -long-entry-folded and fixed stock)

M1014 "ENTRY" COLLAPSIBLE STOCK RAILED
M1014 COLLAPSIBLE STOCK RAILED
SUPER 90 FIXED STOCK RAILED
SUPER 90 "ENTRY" FIXED STOCK RAILED

- Lootlist for FFAA Mod ( add  Shotguns, SMG and NVG)

FABARM SHOTGUN FOLDED STOCK
FABARM SHOTGUN COMPACT
HK UMP
AN/PVS-7 NVG

- Lootlist for GPNVG-18 Mod (add one model onf GPNVG-18 )

GPNVG-18 HEADMASK + BATTERIES

- Lootlist for new uniforms from TRYK's Uniforms Mod (to upgrade existing RAVAGE uniforms LV1/LV3* list)

Tactical uniforms missing in Ravage addonlist_Tryk
"HOOD ON HEAD UNIFORMS" added to simulate realistic Radiations protective suits.
*LV3 uniforms are radiations protective in RAVAGE mod: to increase realism, TRYK's uniforms  have been added to the original list.

- Lootlist for HLC mods pack (add a few weapons missing in Ravage addonlist_HLC)

HK MP5K
HK MP5K PDW
  M4A1
AK12SU
1P29 sight for AK serie

all this work is on test (tweaking for the loot/spawn ratios for all weapons and items) and will be  for several days again  on 1.54 version for eventual fixing /tweaking.

I might also wait for the next RAVAGE update to  test full compatibility with Haleks modifications and adds on RAVAGE.

and, as usual, some pics of a part of what you'll meet on ROADS next....(for example, % chances to spawn already modified for valuable assets to be  rare to find _ as much as I can to stay "survival style" and not Navy seal open market style _ )

ZHNuzO.jpg

7MXwBe.jpg

and those following pictures to show you why I wanted to add EricJ Surefire on guns.....

with Chemlight on player without Surefire

VVWCdt.jpg

with chemlight on player AND Surefire on.

yMqYwY.jpg

B) and most of all: a big Thank you to Haleks and his precious code to allow modifications on the lootsystem from mission files directly

:)   ;)  to be continued....
  • Like 2

Welp. Thank you for making me download the EricJ Weapons Pack. Eh, I needed a replacement for Massi's stuff anyway.

• Like 1

@Lauren  ;)  ^_^  you're welcome....

unfortunatly Massi's mods are going down with 1.52 already (lot of problems with uniforms ) and  the  last update he did on AK optical sights just sucks......

EricJ's work is very good, I love his  PMC guys  (RAVEN  units and PIF Mercenaries ).

RH packs were on my PC for a very long time and I had burried them all deep until RAVAGE arrived... then I remember the Pistol pack and the precious lights that can be attached to handguns....

To me, it is much more realistic to find Bandits, Renagades and Survivors with handguns, SMG's and shotguns than M240, Mk 48, SPGM.....

I want ROADS to stay "survival oriented" and realistic.......

I have some other plans for Zombies: a specific ROADZ mission  and an another more "fun" oriented on CAS with MELB Little Birds and Hordes of Zombies...... (I remember the excellent Close Air Support mission by StrongHarm ... just bring Zeds instead of CSAT units....) :P  :D  :lol:

• Like 1

simply....use your keyboard  :) 

hit 0 it will open a window on the top left corner of your screen with several choices of actions  (typing 1 to 0 on the keyboard - not numpad)

hit 0 again ("Radio" action)

hit 1 ("Options" action ) 

then use the scroll button of your mouse to select the action "quick save / color filter /exit"

what game is unable to be saved ??? Ravage Showcase mission ????

I didn't have CBA enabled.

I didn't have CBA enabled.

CBA_A3 is a basic requirement for Ravage, and probably for most other mods, too. 

Okay so I've been quite busy after the 1.54 update : lots of things to re-balance and fix...

I couldn't find the time to add support for Arma1 buildings and had to delay some features I was working on, but I think the update should be ready sometime tomorrow.

Here's the changelog :

Tweaked :
Minor tweaks regarding Arma3 v1.54 stamina system.
Minor improvements to Geigers rad exposure display.
Added Geiger feedback when consuming Anti-Rad pills.
Tweaked Loot generation (should increase FPS in towns).
Tweaked Radiation levels for drink items.
Changed classnames of various food & drink items to allow easier code manipulations.
Slightly increased maximum spawn distance for hostile infantry.
Minor changes to the loot lists.
Minor changes & optimizations to the rad. functions.

Tweaked wild life spawn costs.

Fixed :
AI failling to engage zombies after Arma3 v1.54 update.
More fixes to the sleep menu.
Geiger display was unable to process several Radiation triggers at the same time (failling to display the overall rad.exposure as a result).
Radiation Exposure increasing over 100% when eating/drinking.
Script Errors on manually placed Radiation triggers with no active Radiation Module.
Various fixes to Radiation handling regarding protective gear.
Nutrition level decreasing too fast.
Adapted Nutrition & Hydration depletion rates to the new stamina system.
AI team mates should be more reactive whenever one of theirs is being attacked by a zombie.
[RHS] Wrong camo & desert AK variants being used.

New :
Player can gather raw meat from various animals (Rabbits, Sheeps & Goats, Chicken) - WIP.
Raw meat can be cooked at fireplaces (or any fire source).
Meat & Gutting Knife models & textures by Giorgygr.
Canned food items require a can opener, a knife or tools to be consumed.
Consumed canned food give an empty can wich can be used to drink water.
Irradiated water containers can be purified with water purification tablets.
Water sources can be depleted and will need time before they're available again.
Arma2 wells tagged as water sources.

• Like 6

Okay so I've been quite busy after the 1.54 update : lots of things to re-balance and fix...

I couldn't find the time to add support for Arma1 buildings and had to delay some features I was working on, but I think the update should be ready sometime tomorrow.

Here's the changelog :

I definitely welcome nutrition fixes. So far it's been major drag finding food - searching through 3 towns and found nothing. Starved 2 times ended up being pissed off big time. And those rusty food can giving just +5 to nutrition... I dont know whether it brings joy or even more frustration because cant get through one day with ample supply of food to eat enough in the morning since sleeping is probably the best option of going though the night.

• Like 1

Anyone know any good in-game base building mods? tried to use edn fortifications but the menu won't open in-game.. :(

R3F Logistics

I definitely welcome nutrition fixes. So far it's been major drag finding food - searching through 3 towns and found nothing. Starved 2 times ended up being pissed off big time. And those rusty food can giving just +5 to nutrition... I dont know whether it brings joy or even more frustration because cant get through one day with ample supply of food to eat enough in the morning since sleeping is probably the best option of going though the night.

i was finding loads on ai, but not many in loot

By the way, I've been toying with this brilliant idea :

what i would love to see is anim slow down based on carried stuff like in stalker. it's easy to do with the new animspeddcoef command now. that could also balance unarmed bambi mode vs fully geared and armed in terms of zombies

Bad Benson you're a genius! It is an elegant solution, easy to do and it feels so intuitive!

I wonder why BIS didn't go this way instead of just forcing the players to walk with a load above 1 (and let them run like mad rabbits the rest of the time)!

Shall I go the other way around about this?

Low grade food restoring more Nutrition but less Health?

• Like 2

I wonder why BIS didn't go this way instead of just forcing the players to walk with a load above 1 (and let them run like mad rabbits the rest of the time)!

very very VERY good question :lol:

something very weird happening in the design department over there. so far i haven't tested the stamina enough but i already know that it would be much better without that weird walk cap and slower anims instead. i honestly really like the ability to jog most of the time just alone for the reason that arma mission design is the most inconsistent ever. these days i just don't like walking a lot without proper pay off (from playing the ofp demo until today i just have done it way more than one too many times :D ). however dynamically slowing the jog would make it much more believable than a constant speed. again. no idea what is up over at BI. the bubble they live in must be made of diamond lol. unbreachable. good thing there is a lot of potential with the new system. and most of all it's muuuch more moddable.

so i'd suggest, if you feel like it, just do your own thing. it's so tweakable now that you can basically make yor own system that is tailored just for what you are doing in ravage. including having nutrition have an impact on speed (energy level or something). just make sure it's balanced with food loot properly if you go down that path.

even the sway is super tweakable now, if i understood correctly. i've been playing with an XP and progression system in my custom insurgency mission i've been playing with on the side and it just came to me how much depth that could add to ravage. even going as far as starting with default sway and the more you shoot (or actually kill) people the better you get at controlling your sway. or something similar.

i still feel like ravage is missing some more of that kind of non combat meta game. including having fireplaces be a mechanic. but i haven't played it in ages so maybe i missed out on a lot of progress there.

anyways. sorry for the long post and partly OT. just had a giant super strong coffee lol.

• Like 2

And to add to what Bad Benson said, it reminded me of the first person noises when injured/tired.

Is that standalone version you were talking about before available at all? No hurry, my man. Take care of Ravage first. Just wondering if I wouldn't be so lucky that it's done and waiting for release.

I can't take the grunting/moaning anymore. I really can't. The fact that you solved this is incredible.

@rsoftokz

Yeah, The optics do suck. I'm sorry, but a PSO Scope with that limited of a view? What? Also, I'm a big fan of the RH Pistol Pack and Pomi's PG Services. I'll have to try EricJ's PMC Units. Hopefully he gets them updated for 1.54.