Hi,

Tried out the Ravage modules on the Summer version of the Sauerland map....(just to relive some good ol' Dayz memories).....the maps just as beautiful as i remember.

All the modules worked as expected with the exception of the Ambient AI module which produced no spawn (various combinations tried)....Any ideas off the top of your head.  :386:

I've had the same problem with Celle2; I do have one or two ideas on what's causing it, should be fixable. ;)

• Like 1

Haleks, I noticed the same thing happening on Chernarus Winter and Helvantis.

I have spent the last few hours trying to find the magic helicopter so I can shoot it down. And then I found something that makes that a good deal easier.

2015-11-30_00006_zpsbslsj8bf.jpg

• Like 2

modified weapons loot list's script seems to work also  for items ..... I found some stuff I added on the dead guys I have to kill  (they shooted first !!!)

here is the testing code I made to add some MAS weapons I didn't met for now, attachements items , Flay Compound Bow and some EricJ Weapons  and items and Benelli Super 90 Pack .

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
	{
	0 = rvg_mainWeapons pushBack _x; // those are "usual" weapons
	} 
forEach ["FLAY_CompoundBow","prpl_benelli_pgs_rail","hgun_mas_glock_F","arifle_mas_aks_74_sf"];
	{
	0 = rvg_Weapons pushBack _x; // those are "military" weapons
	} 
forEach ["Ej_akmtac","ej_m460","prpl_benelli_14_rail","arifle_mas_saiga","arifle_mas_aks_74_sf","arifle_mas_aks_74_sf_gl","ej_hk4161060"];
	{
	0 = rvg_Items pushBack _x;  // those are "common" items 
	} 
forEach ["SureFire_ej","acc_mas_flash_gun"];
	{
	0 = rvg_uniqueItems pushBack _x; // those are "unique" items ( less chance to find)
	} 
forEach ["SRS_ej","SureFire_ej","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_mas_snds_AK","ej_PVS14","ej_PVS14D"];

need deeper testing on game but for now sounds like it works good.

unfortunatly, I cannot add M-870 shotguns as they have bad configuration and destroy the character anatomy

• Like 1

simply....use your keyboard  :) 
hit 0 it will open a window on the top left corner of your screen with several choices of actions  (typing 1 to 0 on the keyboard - not numpad)

hit 0 again ("Radio" action)

hit 1 ("Options" action ) 

then use the scroll button of your mouse to select the action "quick save / color filter /exit"

what game is unable to be saved ??? Ravage Showcase mission ????

A big (2.2GB) ArmA 3 update has just hit Steam. There's a lot of changes, including some interesting stuff about mod dependencies in the launcher.

• Like 1

And btw, for instance as for the loot distribution etc... there is now a gaussian bell random array:

random [min, mid, max]        Since Arma 3 v1.55.133393

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/random

EDIT: OK forget it, it's 1.54 on stable.

I can't find any changelog for 1.54, and the wiki hasn't been updated either...

Anyone happens to know where to find informations on the new script commands for stamina? Found them.

Haleks. Is there anything that anyone can do to help? Obviously you pretty much have to do the coding yourself, but are there other things that one could help with? Translating text strings? Documentation? Anything?

• Like 3

Starting a new Ravage demo mission after the recent Arma update, I get this message before mission start.......

http://pasteboard.co/2yAU8kfd.jpg

After closing message, mission starts and plays as normal. 

Welp. Guess I have to wait for Haleks to release the updated mod before making a new mission. BACK TO THE CAMPAIGN! :D

Starting a new Ravage demo mission after the recent Arma update, I get this message before mission start.......

http://pasteboard.co/2yAU8kfd.jpg

After closing message, mission starts and plays as normal. 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171807-contains-bad-link-to-a-static-obejct/ <- just an example.

last update (1.50 -> 1.52 ) sucks.....

there were lots of mistakes, lot of things broken ( most of Massi's uniforms crashed... for example) 

I guess it is why the update is more than 2 GB.......

wait and see.

I guess it is why the update is more than 2 GB.......

wait and see.

Actually i think part of the main reason is they have restructured a lot of their files (Audio big time) which requires to re-download most of the game data.... So the 2.2 GB is not all fixes, but there was a pretty big change log  :)

Haleks. Is there anything that anyone can do to help? Obviously you pretty much have to do the coding yourself, but are there other things that one could help with? Translating text strings? Documentation? Anything?

^^ yes, gd question

@Haleks

I am more than happy to help you with any documentation, Lore and such. If you would like some help, just let me know.

Thanks for the offered help Kodabar, it is very kind.

There's a couple of people helping me already (thanks to giorgygr & mind!); I will probably work on translations at some point and will compile a list of custom texts used in the mod for anyone willing to help.

Meanwhile, anyone with animation knowledge should feel free to chime in : I did my best for the zombies, but they could use some proper attack anims! ;)

Anyway, regarding Arma 1.54 : the new stamina system obviously changes a lot of things and zombies are less dangerous as a result. I'm still trying to figure out if I leave it this way (and maybe tweak the zombies) or if I should restore the old system...

Feel free to share your thoughts!

I think the arma 3 update stopped the ai from shooting zombies, or aleast it has for me.

• Like 1

I think the arma 3 update stopped the ai from shooting zombies, or aleast it has for me.

Yep, confirmed on my end...

• Like 2

Okay I've fixed it : it turns out that the AI will now refuse to engage entities wich aren't defined as "Man"...

Easy to fix, but the "statistics" screen in the map menu will be clogged with a bunch of kill counts for various zombie classnames.

I will try to update soon; there are a few things I wanted to add before that, but seen as 1.54 pretty much broke that part of the mod, I might as well push v0133 sooner.

• Like 1

@Haleks

Did 1.54 break what matters for me? Post-Apocalyptic Survival where I have a heavy risk of getting shot by AI? Where Zombies are completely disabled?

@Haleks

Did 1.54 break what matters for me? Post-Apocalyptic Survival where I have a heavy risk of getting shot by AI? Where Zombies are completely disabled?

I didn't see any other game-breaking issues so far; except for the zombies, the mod doesn't seem to be affected too much.

Just be aware, when using other addons, that custom vests and character/uniform models most likely need to be updated by their respective authors, as they probably don't offer protection at all anymore (making the game much more hardcore! ^^).

Re-textured assets should be fine though - they usually inherit vanilla configs.

NUUUU!!! All my mods are broken... And I don't have a massive amount of bandwidth to redownload them all quickly...