Small issue: When filling empty cans with water, I can't tell which cans now contain water and which don't. It just means I need to be a bit organised in my approach to filling cans.

Am I wrong but......

The color filter can be shut off by radio call....it is an option in the menu since I know Ravage

Anyway if you are making a mission, this filter as a setting in the atmosphere module such as time factor and weather .

So this filter is not really a matter unless you want it but find it too strong, then the 50% option is a good idea

Small issue: When filling empty cans with water, I can't tell which cans now contain water and which don't. It just means I need to be a bit organised in my approach to filling cans.

Your hydration goes up and then cans stay empty, meaning with cans you cant fill them up and take it with you but bottles and canteens you can because you have a lid!

• Like 2

Hi,

This mod seems to be really great.

But I don't use it, I see that you used the weapons pack from Massi.

Don't take it bad, and it's just a personnal observation, I have nothing against Massi, but it's a bad quality weapon pack, in terms of geometry and textures.

And many other weapons pack are actually available that give us the rendering quality that ArmA III actually permit.

Too bad, this mod seems really interesting.

@Hammershield 

It doesn't actually use Massi's weapons. It's in the config that you can use them. They aren't included. You can use RHS instead and have zero issues.

Is just my impression, or now we have small pockets of radiation scattered all over altis? (got irradiated on a deserted place, near the dry lake, and walking on a city nearby, I get constantly the "crispy screen" indicating I´m sensing the radiation.... or if you get irradiated, from tiem to time you get the "crispy screen"?)

Anyway, just got the knife, now I need some bunny to test the hunt mechanics lol

cheers!

Hi,

This mod seems to be really great.

But I don't use it, I see that you used the weapons pack from Massi.

Don't take it bad, and it's just a personnal observation, I have nothing against Massi, but it's a bad quality weapon pack, in terms of geometry and textures.

And many other weapons pack are actually available that give us the rendering quality that ArmA III actually permit.

Too bad, this mod seems really interesting.

this mod uses Vanilla weaponery AND other mod's weaponery , Massi's one but HLC, RHS etc... see the Mods list at the very first post of this thread.

Haleks also gave us a script a few pages ago to "add" some weapons and items to his mod

I'm actually working on the update of the mission I made to play Ravage where you'll be able to choose to other weapons from several mods like RH Pistols, EricJ weapons, Flay Archery etc.....

here are screens of the inventory window while I was testing my modifications

ZHNuzO.jpg

7MXwBe.jpg

l1LlKj.jpg

81j2dj.jpg

DEar8Y.jpg

all of the mods are activated , you can see Massi's stuff, but also Flay's archery, EricJ 's, RH Pistol's, HLC's, FFAA's... ect...

of course to play "survival", I don't recommand to activate ALL of the mods I listed before, but only a few ones.....

so, if you take time to read this thread, you'll see RAVAGE is mod friendly with a little work

don't forget it is "only" version 0.1.33 and there is a lot to do still.

:)

• Like 2

Is just my impression, or now we have small pockets of radiation scattered all over altis? (got irradiated on a deserted place, near the dry lake, and walking on a city nearby, I get constantly the "crispy screen" indicating I´m sensing the radiation.... or if you get irradiated, from tiem to time you get the "crispy screen"?)

Anyway, just got the knife, now I need some bunny to test the hunt mechanics lol

cheers!

The code handling generation of radioactive zones hasn't changed since the last version : chances for a location to be radioactive depend on its type, so unless BIS changed something in this area, you're probably being unlucky.

Altis is a complex terrain with a lot of locations, and the configuration of radioactive zones can be very different across sessions. You can check this yourself in editor mode by placing a radiation and a debug module. ;)

Also, the noisy effect on screen indicates that your maximum health is decreasing due to radiation poisoning : it can happen outside of radioactive areas. I admit, it is quite hard to figure out what to do in such cases; I might tweak the starting gear or offer several difficulty levels regarding various features in the next versions (disable rad. exposure limit, decrease weapon sway, different starting gear etc).

• Like 1

I was playing the showcase mission, Haleks.... yeah, I was kinda unlucky to spawn near the dry lake and step into an irradiated zone.... so, as I suspected, the noisey screen is an indication of "radiation sickness" not necessiraly steping again on an irradiated area =)

Took 3 anti-rads, but I´m still on weak radiation poisoness... just gotta find some animals to test the hunting mechanics before my avatar succumbs to the same fate as Ms and Mdme Curie =P

cheers!

Will do, good idea!

Meanwhile, have you tried Solano's LUT presets (linked in the OP)?

Great, thanks Haleks, that would be really nice. No, I just don't want to mess with external PP injectors in ArmA, per-mission is better in this case...

Hmm, cannot take loot from that loot points. Double click, right click, nothing works and stuff does not move to my almost empty inventory. May be on my side. It's a loaded savegame, I'm on ArmA DEV and my mods are:

SET mods=%mods%@jsrs3;@va;@bzly_UIcorrections
SET mods=%mods%;@SSPCM;@l_suppress;@l_immerse;@l_align
SET mods=%mods%;@ravage;@tort_dynamicWeather2;@tort_playmusic
SET mods=%mods%;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3
SET mods=%mods%;@esseker;@AllInArmaTerrainPack

laurentyler : Oh, thanks for this info ! I don't read enough carefully the info, thanks for the correction !  ;)

rsoftokz :

this mod uses Vanilla weaponery AND other mod's weaponery , Massi's one but HLC, RHS etc... see the Mods list at the very first post of this thread.

Haleks also gave us a script a few pages ago to "add" some weapons and items to his mod

I'm actually working on the update of the mission I made to play Ravage where you'll be able to choose to other weapons from several mods like RH Pistols, EricJ weapons, Flay Archery etc.....

That's great ! Sorry, I don't read enough carefully theses infos visibly.

I understand that the mods listed are required, not optionnal. My fault  :)

all of the mods are activated , you can see Massi's stuff, but also Flay's archery, EricJ 's, RH Pistol's, HLC's, FFAA's... ect...

of course to play "survival", I don't recommand to activate ALL of the mods I listed before, but only a few ones.....

so, if you take time to read this thread, you'll see RAVAGE is mod friendly with a little work

That's why this mod seems really good, the compatibility without dependencies.  :D

No problem about that, I already see this version, and even if I mainly prefer mods above Alpha, Beta or 0.x versions, this one seems already really good enough to try it without waiting  ;)

Thanks for all theses infos !  :D

I have a mod to download for today  :P

Hmm, cannot take loot from that loot points. Double click, right click, nothing works and stuff does not move to my almost empty inventory. May be on my side. It's a loaded savegame, I'm on ArmA DEV and my mods are:

SET mods=%mods%@jsrs3;@va;@bzly_UIcorrections
SET mods=%mods%;@SSPCM;@l_suppress;@l_immerse;@l_align
SET mods=%mods%;@ravage;@tort_dynamicWeather2;@tort_playmusic
SET mods=%mods%;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3
SET mods=%mods%;@esseker;@AllInArmaTerrainPack

If I understand correctly, loot does spawn in containers, but you're unable to pick it up?

If it's not too much trouble, could you start a new game on Stable and tell me how things go?

Can't say.

i m always running

ACE+RHS+CBA+soundmods+Blastcore Skies

..but haven't encountered any issue early morning today with latest version

*added*

..Stable of course

Although we are spoiled for choice when it comes to supported mods for gear variation,  Killochs Multi-National Pack would be a welcome addition, has no external dependencies and conforms with the latest Arma 3 update. 

Are there any plans in the future, maybe a collaboration, to bring bespoke units to Ravage.     

here are screens of the inventory window while I was testing my modifications

ZHNuzO.jpg

7MXwBe.jpg

l1LlKj.jpg

81j2dj.jpg

DEar8Y.jpg

:)

I've never found any of that stuff. How did you get it in Ravage? Can you please explain. Thanks.

I tried playing Ravage last night on Esseker and Bornholm but I'm having a hard time finding a new home for this mission because most of the buildings on these maps don't seem to have enterable buildings. I hear the same is true with Chernerus too (though I guess JBAD fixes Chernerus from what I understand).

Am I supposed to use JBAD on Esseker and Bornholm too?

Also, just incase any newbies are following along with me, the script Armaman posted to recreate the intro causes the player to die from fall damage at mission start. Though I'll admit I could have set it up wrong (I created my own init.sqf because I only saw a mission.sqm in the vanilla files).

The Ravage intro black screen does appear. But in the background it sounds like my player is parachuting. The second the game world appears my player screams in agony and is dead from the get-go. Strange. Though again, I'm sure I did something wrong on my end.

i don't use J-bad it's self, i use a port of the A2 origins mod that has some J-bad buildings in it and it has others like the buildings in DayZ Zero witch was used in A2 epoch.

For just Chernerus? Or Bornholm and Esseker too? Do you have a link?

For just Chernerus? Or Bornholm and Esseker too? Do you have a link?

any map that has the same building in it, the mod just replaces them automaticly,

I can't find a link for it anymore, all i know is it is version 0.2 by Santa, it also comes with a bunch of An2 planes

P.s try J-Bad it may work just the same

@HeroesandvilliansOS......I'd highly recommend trying out the St. Kapaulio map, it has a really cool tropical vibe similar to the classic Lingor Island. It needs a few additional addons to run, but it's well worth it.

It has a mix of both Arma 3 buildings and JBAD buildings,

All the Ravage modules function well on this terrain.  ;)

• Like 1

@HeroesandvilliansOS......I'd highly recommend trying out the St. Kapaulio map, it has a really cool tropical vibe similar to the classic Lingor Island. It needs a few additional addons to run, but it's well worth it.

It has a mix of both Arma 3 buildings and JBAD buildings,

All the Ravage modules function well on this terrain.  ;)

And don't forget to download the mods needed

JBAD Buildings, RSPN Cave Systems, African Foliage, MBG Killhouses A3

And don't forget to download the mods needed

JBAD Buildings, RSPN Cave Systems, African Foliage, MBG Killhouses A3

Of course all this information is in the linked post i made.  ;)

I appreciate the suggestions fellas. :) I know how to activate required mods but I definitely could see why my post history in here would lead you guys to believe otherwise. LOL!

The one thing I'd really like help with (which I think would benefit all newcomers in this thread) would be how to get the intro and burning car/body to work on new maps. I figured out how to select my desired gear (click "Learn," go into the Virtual Arsenal, select your gear, save, export, go back into the editor, plop down a player unit, and paste...with ctrl+v in the unit's initialization box). Could someone look at Armaman's init.sqf code on the last page and see if everything is typed properly? The current code is causing me to die immediately upon mission start.