Just started a new mission where I wanted to test something. God, how much I hate the runners! The 2 pistol mags didn't last long, so this insane f***s chasing me. No way to get rid of those. With the @EM I climbed up a container, jumped over a long and high wall, raced through a valley, still I can't get rid of them.

D02940224F2A0C119CB69CA24F06E79550FED3B2

This guy is hunting me through whole Zaros, at some points 5 of his friends do the same. Health on 20, I'm just about to quit, then this happend:

JACKPOT!4DA8081B31EFB68DE1619412ECA7B4437DA822E7

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!

The script rsoftokz mentioned works just fine. Thanks for posting.

• Like 4

Just started a new mission where I wanted to test something. God, how much I hate the runners! The 2 pistol mags didn't last long, so this insane f***s chasing me. No way to get rid of those. With the @EM I climbed up a container, jumped over a long and high wall, raced through a valley, still I can't get rid of them.

D02940224F2A0C119CB69CA24F06E79550FED3B2

This guy is hunting me through whole Zaros, at some points 5 of his friends do the same. Health on 20, I'm just about to quit, then this happend:

JACKPOT!4DA8081B31EFB68DE1619412ECA7B4437DA822E7

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!

The script rsoftokz mentioned works just fine. Thanks for posting.

LOL nice dude

HI, recently started playing ravage, just before the last update, so not sure if im missing something here, but i cant seem to refill my jerrycan at the petrol station, have tried the main pump, the small barrels with the explosive hazard sign, and the large rusty cylinder Vat. any pointers appreciated.

Thanks for an awesome sp zombie mod, been wanting something like this for a long time

btw, hunting and gutting appears to be working fine on my end even with the random animal spawns from TWP mods, just fyi :D

Strange thing! Gutting workes for me in the editor for the TWP animals, but NOT work in the main scenario!

Haleks, Thank you for your excellent mod!

Upcoming hotfix will be save compatible?

Strange thing! Gutting workes for me in the editor for the TWP animals, but NOT work in the main scenario!

Haleks, Thank you for your excellent mod!

That makes me think that the function wasn't executed in the vanilla mission via the init??

Or perhaps it is dependant on the module... just thinking out loud as I have a fair idea of how the vanilla mission inits the ravage functions.

Sadly no, some of the changes are too important for that...

Here's the changelog so far, by the way :

Tweaked :

Re-wrote hunting system : double-click on a knife from your inventory to gut a nearby animal.

Fixed :

Groaning sounds when injured weren't disabled for all voice profiles.

[RHS] Fixed an error in the weapons loot list.

New :

Added suport for Sigma6's Birds & Bees.

The update should be released before this week-end! ;)

EDIT :

That makes me think that the function wasn't executed in the vanilla mission via the init??

Or perhaps it is dependant on the module... just thinking out loud as I have a fair idea of how the vanilla mission inits the ravage functions.

See this post ;) : https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183264-ravage-mod/page-68#entry2948342

And this one : https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183264-ravage-mod/page-67#entry2948328

• Like 1

Ahh gotcha... its hard to keep up with this thread... between modding the mod and this thread... you gots 2 full time jobs lol

interesting that the eventhandler was picking up the spawned units but  not vanilla... 

Very nice work on the template cosmic! The only thing I can add is that you probably need to set the Crawlers number to 0 if you don't want any runners (I really need to find them a better name... What about "Bolters"?).

Thanks, I didn't think you would mind. The crawlers things helps, i didn't realize that was the runners... bolters is a good name... mainly cuz they don't crawl lol...

Funny thing is... I get more questions on youtube about Ravage than anything else... most of the  Ravage vids have one or two questions and I am frequently woken up at night from my phone about  a comment on one of the vids asking about what I did or how I did it in Ravage... I would say once every 3-4 days... kinda crazy... i need to turn that notification off lol

Speaks to how great the mod is, and just a big thanks for being so approachable...

When I do my bucket list Normandy Trip to see the beachs... I will have to Buy you and BB dinner... maybe we should all meet in Rome... LOL
  • Like 1

I've not been able to refill from petrol stations either. Not just in this version but in every previous version that I've tried it with. 

• Like 1

I've never been able to refill at a fuel staion either, but I play exclusively on Bornholm, and had already figured it was an arma 2 issue.

Question about the bandit camps triggers.  Since triggers do not have change options (or am i missing something), can we have a created module to do this?  So we would place a module where we have options to control chance and random placement options?  Will add more randomness to custom missions for replayability.  I know you probably have it on the road-map, so if so, please ignore this request  :)

I've not been able to refill from petrol stations either. Not just in this version but in every previous version that I've tried it with. 

I believe this is by design.  You need to get fuel from vehicles instead. 

Think of it this way, all the gas stations ran out of gas.  They are no longer being refueled in this type of word!  ;)

• Like 1

I believe this is by design.  You need to get fuel from vehicles instead. 

Think of it this way, all the gas stations ran out of gas.  They are no longer being refueled in this type of word!  ;)

Ahhh, this would make sense.

haleks, on 10 Dec 2015 - 02:03, said:

New :
Added suport for Sigma6's Birds & Bees.

I took one of these fine beasts for a spin and beat the shit out of it just to see how it would look in Ravage....... :don2:

Glad to see your right on the pulse of all the good stuff around at the moment....... ;)

• Like 2

Haleks, one more question. Is it possible to reload 50 caliber machine guns?

If not, could you please add such possibility? Probably posibility to get ammunition from other cars?

Haleks, one more question. Is it possible to reload 50 caliber machine guns?
If not, could you please add such possibility? Probably posibility to get ammunition from other cars?

something I was planning to script for future ROADS update....

Rydygier did this on my suggestion for Pilgrimage a long time ago.

Thanks, I already found it, fixed my mod which depends on real world time.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186474-tort-playmusic-simple-music-player/?p=2948278

Just for the records: sleep() sleeps real world time. I.e. "sleep 5" pauses script for realworld 5 seconds, no matter which ingame setTimeMultiplier you use. So all is nice, go ahead, nothing to see here :)

@About fuel.

It's realistic that Gas stations probably have run-out of fuel..but eventually this leads to a gameplay dead end..as

there is NO  clear objective other of "plain survival".

I could have said that *Maybe there was stations that still has fuel..but this won't be too accurate..because (as it seems)

this was not a *fresh catastrophe..but its happening for some time ago..so..

remaining supposed survivor groups would have drain every last drop.

Hmm....

Gets me back on my original wish of "Safe zone/mercenaries/random missions/buy stuff"..but this can be made

as separate project due to overhaul & complexity.

Still Gas problem remain..

@About fuel.

It's realistic that Gas stations probably have run-out of fuel..but eventually this leads to a gameplay dead end..as

there is NO  clear objective other of "plain survival".

I could have said that *Maybe there was stations that still has fuel..but this won't be too accurate..because (as it seems)

this was not a *fresh catastrophe..but its happening for some time ago..so..

remaining supposed survivor groups would have drain every last drop.

Hmm....

Gets me back on my original wish of "Safe zone/mercenaries/random missions/buy stuff"..but this can be made

as separate project due to overhaul & complexity.

Still Gas problem remain..

Well everyone has their own play style i guess.  For me, i can agree with you if i run around aimlessly saving every 5 minutes avoiding being killed...but what does it for me is having that challenge of not saving and actually surviving.  So far i have found it somewhat challenging either surviving due to hunger/radiation problems, or because i get killed by AI or overwhelming zombies (Fast runners with no ammo).

I guess what i am saying, it try a different play style, OR edit the missions to add additional challenges like bigger camps of AI or your own missions along the way  ;)

Updated changelog :

Tweaked :
Re-wrote hunting system : double-click on a knife from your inventory to gut a nearby animal.

Fixed :
Player unable to gather fuel from most fuel pumps.
Groaning sounds when injured weren't disabled for all voice profiles.
[RHS] Fixed an error in the weapons loot list.

New :
Fuel sources hold a limited amount of fuel and can be depleted.

(I changed the version number - it's not really a hotfix anymore at this point.)

I'll try to sqeeze in a few more fixes before the week-end; the goal would be to squash the remaining bugs : development is probably going to slow down a notch until next year. ;)

• Like 4

Updated changelog :

Lol...  good call

2015-12-10_00001_zps56klwczo.jpg

2015-12-10_00002_zpskxztpgzm.jpg

• Like 4

Hi,

Little info.

Don't know if it's coming from Ravage or ACE, but :

Ravage hints can't be opened sometimes, or maybe just after loading a savegame, don't really know, and don't really try to know.

ACE interactions menu unusable after loading a savegame.

ACE interactions menu unusable after loading a savegame.

This is an ACE issue.  They don't support SP save/load functions yet.

I've had the same problem as HammerShield with hints being unopenable. I haven't been able to replicate the conditions that cause this. I've had games where they do work after loading, so I don't think it's that.

• Like 1

Savegames are the ultimate survival challenge for mods. Because... It's ArmA.

• Like 1