EDIT: Oh, Haleks, did you fix it so if you are using the rebreather, Gas Mask, and Protective Suit, you have the best radiation protection?

Yup.

• Like 1

One question - how do we harvest food from hunted animals? I have found gutting knife, killed a rabbit, but I dont have option that says "gut animal".

You should have a new entry in your action menu when looking at a dead animal.

EDIT : Did you start a new game? It is required whenever the mod is updated.

Awesome. That's a great change log.

So I've recently learned the basics of plunking down modules in the editor (thanks to ALiVE and Spookwar). I am no longer afraid (well, I am. Kinda). Thinking of mixing up things here a bit with a new Ravage environment.

Which maps would you guys recommend that could provide a similar balance to the built in mission? I was thinking Chernerus would be cool for atmosphere but I don't think that one has enough buildings. Any suggestions? What are some of your favorite Ravage maps (that hopefully wouldn't need too much or any module tinkering)?

EDIT: Haleks, would you prefer we primarily play the vanilla mission? You know, for testing purposes? It seems like there's a core of us that post here often but not a ton. Perhaps we'd be more valuable playing the embedded mission for now?

Do you have Allinarma terrain pack?

if not get it and you will be able to play on alot more map

also if you use J-Bad buildings or taviana by santa 0.2 it opens up more buildings on chernarus. there still loads of places for loot to spwan without them, think it was good enough for the dayz mod for over 3 years and still live and kicking

Do you have Allinarma terrain pack?

if not get it and you will be able to play on alot more map

also if you use J-Bad buildings or taviana by santa 0.2 it opens up more buildings on chernarus. there still loads of places for loot to spwan without them, think it was good enough for the dayz mod for over 3 years and still live and kicking

Esseker is perfect for something like  Ravage :D

So I'm in the editor. Plunking down the Ravage modules is easy. But I'm wondering, to closely replicate the vanilla mission, how do we go about laying down the player module? I just tried inserting a Warefare Thai player unit and I spawned with a lot of gear. When I select RHS US I spawn as a tank (LOL! WTF?).

I'm new to the editor so I apologize. After plopping down all the Ravage modules, what's the recommended method for laying down our player? Kinda wish there was a way to replicate the vanilla mission intro on different maps (with the same gear, burning car, etc).

So I'm in the editor. Plunking down the Ravage modules is easy. But I'm wondering, to closely replicate the vanilla mission, how do we go about laying down the player module? I just tried inserting a Warefare Thai player unit and I spawned with a lot of gear. When I select RHS US I spawn as a tank (LOL! WTF?).

I'm new to the editor so I apologize. After plopping down all the Ravage modules, what's the recommended method for laying down our player? Kinda wish there was a way to replicate the vanilla mission intro on different maps (with the same gear, burning car, etc).

In the editor you could place down the unarmed FIA unit and give him a placement radius of around 10000, that will give you a random spawn point on each start, as far as replicating the burning car and frazzled body........

that's outwith my knowledge, but i'm sure someone else will pick up the baton on that one.  ;)

Thanks. It just feels odd playing Ravage from the editor.

If I select FIA as my faction and "survivor" as my type of unit, I spawn with literally nothing. Yet if I spawn as an FIA rifleman, I have WAY too much gear.

Is there any way I can select my spawned loadout so I can match what vanilla Ravage has? I don't see any option to select my gear after picking the player type.

Place down a marker named "m1" (without quotes) somewhere in the middle of the map in the editor, then the following at the beginning of your init.sqf

titleText ["Welcome to Ravage", "BLACK FADED"];
sleep 5;

_pos = [getMarkerPos "m1", 500, 1500, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; // finds a safe spot as an anchor
player setPos _pos; // positions your player unit there

_wreckpos = [_pos, 5, 10, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; // finds a safe position for spawning wreck near the player
_wreck = "Land_Wreck_Car_F" createVehicle _wreckpos; // spawns car wreck
_fire = this = "test_EmptyObjectForFireBig" createVehicle getposATL _wreck; // spawns fire and smoke
_fire attachTo [_wreck, [0, 0.5, 0]]; // positions fire and smoke right under the wreck

_bodypos = [_wreckpos, 3, 10, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; // finds dead body position near wreck
_body = "C_man_hunter_1_F" createUnit [ _bodypos, []]; // spawns dead body there
_body addMagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag"; // gives the dead body a Rook mag
_body addWeapon "hgun_Rook40_F"; // gives the dead body a Rook
_body setDamage 1; // ok here is where you literally make him dead. lol

Sleep 2;

titleText ["", "BLACK IN"];

It should create something very close to what you want. Hope this helps :)

• Like 2

Regarding custom loatout, its a piece of cake, but I am not sure what Ravage uses by default. Can you do me a favour?

choose your loadout of choice (including clothes, items, weapons if any) in virtual arsenal, then click "Export" which copies the entire loadout code, then paste it here. Then Ill take it from there ;)

Thanks. It just feels odd playing Ravage from the editor.

If I select FIA as my faction and "survivor" as my type of unit, I spawn with literally nothing. Yet if I spawn as an FIA rifleman, I have WAY too much gear.

Is there any way I can select my spawned loadout so I can match what vanilla Ravage has, I don't see any option to select my gear after picking the player type.

You can create a custom loadout in the Virtual Arsenal, when your happy with your loadout hit "Export", now, go back into the editor, select your unarmed FIA unit and in his init box, press CTRL + V, this will copy the loadout data from the Virtual Arsenal. Then "save" and your good to go......i think! ;)

EDIT......NINJA'D ^^   

You can create a custom loadout in the Virtual Arsenal, when your happy with your loadout hit "Export", now, go back into the editor, select your unarmed FIA unit and in his init box, press CTRL + V, this will copy the loadout data from the Virtual Arsenal. Then "save" and your good to go......i think! ;)

EDIT......NINJA'D ^^   

That will only work well in the preview section, However, to apply it in the single player scenario, a little editing is needed in the code :)

Basically you need to replace the "this" with "_unit" and a little code before the script. If this gentleman pastes his loadout script from VA here, I will happily do it for him :)

EDIT: did some editing in my first post about init.sqf. check it please. Every line explained.

• Like 1

^ WAT? oO

I haven't noticed there was an update.

I mean..i ve seen people talking about "Gutting actions" but i assumed they might help Haleks

testing features.

So i think afterwards i read something about a hotfix or something.

Is there another version on it's way or v0.1.3.3 it is? oO

@giorgygr : The latest version (v0.1.33) has been uploaded yesterday and is the only one to use. ;)

• Like 1

Could you add a more "50%" PP effect to the 0-0 menu? I'd like to have some brownish pp, but this is too much for me. I know it's in atmosphere.sqf, but I don't want to mess with too many things myself because of updates, also ppeffect command is rather complicated.

Will do, good idea!

Meanwhile, have you tried Solano's LUT presets (linked in the OP)?

Place down a marker named "m1" (without quotes) somewhere in the middle of the map in the editor, then the following at the beginning of your init.sqf

titleText ["Welcome to Ravage", "BLACK FADED",3];sleep 1;_pos = [getMarkerPos "m1", 500, 1500, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; // finds a safe spot as an anchorplayer setPos _pos; // positions your player unit there_wreckpos = [_pos, 5, 10, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; // finds a safe position for spawning wreck near the player_wreck = "Land_Wreck_Car_F" createVehicle _wreckpos; // spawns car wreck_fire = this = "test_EmptyObjectForFireBig" createVehicle getposATL _wreck; // spawns fire and smoke_fire attachTo [_wreck, [0, 0.5, 0]]; // positions fire and smoke right under the wreck_bodypos = [_wreckpos, 3, 10, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; // finds dead body position near wreck_body = "C_man_hunter_1_F" createUnit [ _bodypos, []]; // spawns dead body there_body addMagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag"; // gives the dead body a Rook mag_body addWeapon "hgun_Rook40_F"; // gives the dead body a Rook_body setDamage 1; // ok here is where you literally make him dead. lolSleep 1;titleText ["", "BLACK IN"];
It should create something very close to what you want. Hope this helps :)

EDIT......NINJA'D ^^

Wow guys. I really appreciate the help. The "Ravager's" in this thread are awesome!

I see there's been some editing of posts going on. Is the above init.sqf line enough for me to get my loadout to work once I export to SP Missions or did the request for me to send my desired loadout to Armaman still stand?

The reason I ask is because I now know the glory of Esseker! Oh my goodness what a beautiful map. I think that'll be my 'go-to' map for a bit. I definitely don't mind sending over anything I need to get up and running but due to the evolving nature of Ravage (updates), I should probably learn how to do this myself so I don't have to bother you guys to do it up for me every time Haleks updates something. :)

Is the init.sqf line posted above the permanent adjustment I need for exporting to SP missions or would I still need the additional init.sqf adjustments that aren't posted here? If not, perhaps someone could PM me some additional instructions?

• Like 1

Wow guys. I really appreciate the help. The "Ravager's" in this thread are awesome!

I see there's been some editing of posts going on. Is the above init.sqf line enough for me to get my loadout to work once I export to SP Missions or did the request for me to send my desired loadout to Armaman still stand?

The reason I ask is because I now know the glory of Esseker! Oh my goodness what a beautiful map. I think that'll be my 'go-to' map for a bit. I definitely don't mind sending over anything I need to get up and running but due to the evolving nature of Ravage (updates), I should probably learn how to do this myself so I don't have to bother you guys to do it up for me every time Haleks updates something. :)

Is the init.sqf line posted above the permanent adjustment I need for exporting to SP missions or would I still need the additional init.sqf adjustments that aren't posted here? If not, perhaps someone could PM me some additional instructions?

The above init.sqf posted by me solves your issue of starting your mission with a wreck on fire, a body next to it which has a rook and a mag with it.

But for your loadout issue, like i said before, this init.sqf does not cover it yet.  Go to your Virtual Arsenal, gear yourself up the way you want for your ravage mission, then click Export, then paste that code here as a reply, then i'll tell you what to do ;)

• Like 1

Umm, I've had zero issues just pasting the export from the Virtual Arsenal into the unit's init box. It works even when the mission is packed into a PBO, so I'm not sure what you're on about. For the player unit, "this" is completely valid. How people set it up to have their unit take no damage is "this allowDamage false". Don't do this guys, It makes it much too easy. You'll still take food/water/radiation damage, but bullets won't affect you. The only thing I do this for is the vehicle that gets dynamically spawned in next to me. If you do this though, I really don't care. It's your game, play the way you want to. If for some reason, you want to be able to take more hits before dying, this command should still work

this addeventhandler ["handledamage",{ player setdamage ((damage player) /1.015)}]; //set the 1.015 to a higher number to be able to take more hits before dying

Hopefully this command helps someone. It definitely helped me. Oh, and to die in less hits, I think it may be the inverse. Be careful though. Set the number too low and you'll be so squishy that someone could sneeze on you and you would die. 

Oh, and Haleks, any chance that we could get more of a DayZ Mod type atmosphere as an option? Would be a future update, but could be nice. Especially for the people who don't like the brown. Ooh! And a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. looking atmosphere. You already have Music from S.T.A.L.K.E.R., so why not?

• Like 1

You should have a new entry in your action menu when looking at a dead animal.

EDIT : Did you start a new game? It is required whenever the mod is updated.

Yes I started a new game. CBA is updated too. I dont know if other mods could be in conflict.

Umm, I've had zero issues just pasting the export from the Virtual Arsenal into the unit's init box. It works even when the mission is packed into a PBO, so I'm not sure what you're on about. For the player unit, "this" is completely valid. How people set it up to have their unit take no damage is "this allowDamage false". Don't do this guys, It makes it much too easy. You'll still take food/water/radiation damage, but bullets won't affect you. The only thing I do this for is the vehicle that gets dynamically spawned in next to me. If you do this though, I really don't care. It's your game, play the way you want to. If for some reason, you want to be able to take more hits before dying, this command should still work

this addeventhandler ["handledamage",{ player setdamage ((damage player) /1.015)}]; //set the 1.015 to a higher number to be able to take more hits before dying
Hopefully this command helps someone. It definitely helped me. Oh, and to die in less hits, I think it may be the inverse. Be careful though. Set the number too low and you'll be so squishy that someone could sneeze on you and you would die. 

Oh, and Haleks, any chance that we could get more of a DayZ Mod type atmosphere as an option? Would be a future update, but could be nice. Especially for the people who don't like the brown. Ooh! And a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. looking atmosphere. You already have Music from S.T.A.L.K.E.R., so why not?

This is a lot more complicated than I had expected. Who's talking about removing player damage? Did I miss a post somewhere?

Maybe someday Haleks can add a module that can define the player unit to be an exact duplicate of the one from the vanilla mission. If that's even possible. I didn't realize playing this on a different map was going to require so much work. I just want to play the vanilla mission on Esseker. Not a big deal, vanilla Altis is brilliant too.

I'll give some of these suggestions a try. Thanks everyone for your input.

You didn't miss a post about removing player damage. I was commenting about the fact that "this" is a completely valid prefix that works even when the mission is packed into the PBO. You don't need "_Unit" to get it to work. I probably went a bit overboard. Just set up your loadout in Virtual Arsenal, save it(in case you need it in the future) and then export it. Paste the Export into the init line of the unit. It'll work.

• Like 1