Yeah I've encountered the hint issue a few times - I have no idea what's causing it :/

Sometimes it can happen right from the start; in that case, keep in mind that all tutorials are available from the pause/main menu.

Hi,

Yeah I've encountered the hint issue a few times - I have no idea what's causing it :/

Sometimes it can happen right from the start; in that case, keep in mind that all tutorials are available from the pause/main menu.

No problem about the hint issue.

I just see that because I tried it.

I'm a little like a bughunter. I like help by reporting them to the authors of good mods.

I'm like this with my own mods and missions.

Can we hope to see an alternate version of Ravage with only survivors and not infected ?

I know that there is the ROADS mission, but it's too heavy and killed performances. Maybe too many scripts.

I have a good configuration, ArmA III and Ravage mod runs well. It's just about the ROADS mission.

That should be really great to have a Ravage mod with more survivors and no infected.

Do you think that can be done ?

This is an ACE issue.  They don't support SP save/load functions yet.

Thanks for this info ! Good to know it.

• Like 1

Haleks, where is the spawning of bandits and group of bandits initiated? I have found the spawn functions themselves, but not where they are called... It feels like I want to increase the number/frequency of spawned groups/bandits.

Related: Do you know this lovely position script? Worth to have a look at.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/153382-shk-pos/

BTW, have you scripted some behaviour/waypoints into the bandit groups? I approached a group of 4 and managed to shoot two of them, the other 2 escaped, which I loved because I was not expecting it.

Can we hope to see an alternate version of Ravage with only survivors and not infected ?

[...]

I would need to write an options menu with various settings to be defined at mission start; but seen as I hate working with GUI stuff, that's not a priority for the demo mission.

That being said, you can remove the rvg_zeds PBO file from the mod folder : it will disable zed-related scripts and the showcase scenario has been built so it doesn't cause any errors. ;)

But things might be too quiet without the zeds, I reckon I could write something to increase AI spawns in such cases.

Hey,

I would need to write an options menu with various settings to be defined at mission start; but seen as I hate working with GUI stuff, that's not a priority for the demo mission.

I understand. That's not a problem, the original purpose of this mod is to generate a world with the two of them. So, if we must wait for an alternate version, that's not a problem at all.

That being said, you can remove the rvg_zeds PBO file from the mod folder : it will disable zed-related scripts and the showcase scenario has been built so it doesn't cause any errors.  ;)

Thanks for this info !

But things might be too quiet without the zeds, I reckon I could write something to increase AI spawns in such cases.

Yep ! In original mods that's already too quiet for encounter survivors, so if I remove infected, and just wait for some survivors for a little of action, I take the risk to be bored before starting to play  :P

I'll wait for that you increase survivors spawn and maybe an alternate version without infected ?

Even without working with GUI, maybe just editing the actual mission, and name the two versions ?

The first one (and already available one) can be named "Ravage Altis - All" and the second one "Ravage Altis - Survivors only".

But that's just some ideas, it's your mod, just do it like you want it  ;)

• Like 1

What I really do not like is the zombies sounds. I simply never know which direction they come from or if they are close or far... I guess there's nothing you can do about it?

Haleks, where is the spawning of bandits and group of bandits initiated? I have found the spawn functions themselves, but not where they are called... It feels like I want to increase the number/frequency of spawned groups/bandits.

Related: Do you know this lovely position script? Worth to have a look at.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/153382-shk-pos/

BTW, have you scripted some behaviour/waypoints into the bandit groups? I approached a group of 4 and managed to shoot two of them, the other 2 escaped, which I loved because I was not expecting it.

I am working right now actually on a version of the demo.  What i am doing is increasing AI camps randomly around the map (including in woody areas!)  As i asked before, a module to control chance would be nice, but as a workaround i am doing this as:

1. create trigger as in demo mission with: _nul = [CAMPLOGIC] spawn rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp

2. create a gamelogic where the name is the name of the brackets from trigger code.  I set the chance for Gamelogic so that its random (i.e. 50%).  You can also set spread of location.

I also am adding more chances for vehicles (Helis) at bases.

And the mission will begin as you're a lone survivor with basic gear to start (handgun and M14 or similar) from your home location.

Thanks jcae! I was guessing this is all done via Editor and triggers (and I am rather a pure scripter and not the editor type of guy) so many thanks. Maybe consider also some more spawn points.

Hi,

I'm a little like a bughunter. I like help by reporting them to the authors of good mods.

I know that there is the ROADS mission, but it's too heavy and killed performances. Maybe too many scripts.

I have a good configuration, ArmA III and Ravage mod runs well. It's just about the ROADS mission.

That should be really great to have a Ravage mod with more survivors and no infected.

If you have made your own missions why wouldn't you just create your own scenario??

Thanks jcae! I was guessing this is all done via Editor and triggers (and I am rather a pure scripter and not the editor type of guy) so many thanks. Maybe consider also some more spawn points.

Currently in the demo mission, editor-placed triggers are only used to spawn a few camps in key locations (as well as additional cars), all the rest is done via scripting.

Have a look into Ravage\code\scripts\system\mission_init.sqf, but be warned, it's a bit messy!

That script (usually executed by the AI module) defines wich is side is hostile, creates a pool of units to be used in dynamic spawns and covers the map with various triggers.

Currently in the demo mission, editor-placed triggers are only used to spawn a few camps in key locations (as well as additional cars), all the rest is done via scripting.

Have a look into Ravage\code\scripts\system\mission_init.sqf, but be warned, it's a bit messy!

That script (usually executed by the AI module) defines wich is side is hostile, creates a pool of units to be used in dynamic spawns and covers the map with various triggers.

Yes i've seen the calls in the file.  My goal is i wanted more specific areas (like bases) to have AI camps, so i am creating triggers for these proposes....but i also wanted to randomize it so i am using gamelogics to change the chances.

Just to confirm, i think right now only the trigger generates bandit cars as well correct?  I also am expanding this function.

@tortuosit

I'll consider random spawns like the demo mission in the near future, but for now my goal is having unit spawn at set locations (@ home with a car and limited gear...its like you woke up in a bad dream  :) )  I am also goign to test having a GPS function in your car only....so you can view map, but only in the car's GPS system  :)

Just to confirm, i think right now only the trigger generates bandit cars as well correct?  I also am expanding this function.

No, the spawn system does place a few car spawns of its own, but those triggers only work once, unlike the ones spawning infantry.

• Like 1

Hi,

I know developement time must be tight and insane (you work magic, Haleks. True brilliance) and I'm just wishing outloud, but if we're requesting here, I'd much rather see a true port to a new map (I've spent too much time on Altis as it is) than alternate versions with more/less/no zombies.

Just my 2 cents.

Anyway, food for thought during your vacation. :)

If you have made your own missions why wouldn't you just create your own scenario?? 

I speak about ArmA III, not about Ravage mod.

I don't create any scenario in Ravage mod for at least two reasons.

1/: Like it's not my mod, I don't take the right to open the content and using the content created for my own scenario.

2/: It's way better to get the scenario thinked by the author and keeping the surprise.

With that, I prefer to wait for updates and at the rhythm of the author and like he want it to be. It's his own mod, not mine.

I just let here some ideas, and he can decided what to do with them.

Another question ? Or can we going back to the subject ?

• Like 1

Keep in mind that all the tools are there for a lot of what is being asked for. Roads is a good example as rosoftkz wanted a specific scenario and did the heavy lifting himself...

Haleks has been fantastic in accommodating requests but really all these things should wait until the framework is as stable as Haleks can get it with the core features...

If you read any of the preceding pages you would find Haleks is more than accommodating amd I'm sure would welcome some new scenarios to try himself during the holidays

• Like 1

Yep, I don't say anything else.

I said that I prefer wait for the mod updates, with the content by the modder principaly.

I don't say that ROADS is a bad thing, I just don't use it because I find it too heavy and with a too huge impact on performances.

And it's not my computer.

ROADS is surely a real addon to Ravage. I like the idea to keep only survivors. But I'm not against infected. I like Ravage. And I'm not the kind of person that is running about "Zombies Mods", espacially in ArmA.

I find that this kind of mod is not designed for ArmA, and if I want a Survival game, I played Dead Island or Dying Light. But a mod like Ravage is a nice alternative when I want something different for ArmA. And even if it's at the beginning, it's already really nice !

But I only used the mods like it is, and with it's content. Even if the author don't take my suggestions for his mod, I still keep it, update it and play it.

But I don't see why we can't give some suggestion juste because we can create our own scenarios.

Think about those who are completely unable to create any content, they surely will be really happy to see that Ravage mod can offer them many alternative and many game types, like survival with or without infected.

That's why we give our suggestions.

To avoid to those who don't know how to create a scenario to be obligated to forget it or just stay with this kind of idea, asking themselves "How can I do it without any knowledge in scripting and scenario making ?"

This mod is clearly great, and if it can give us some variants, that just can be a good point.

Instead of just say "It's the mod, if you want something, do it by yourself or just pass your way.".

• Like 1

Well, I'm not trying to censor you.

Everyone is certainly entitled to their preferences... I guess it just seemed odd if you have the knowledge as to why you wouldn't do it yourself and especially when Haleks was helping jcae on this page of the thread and has supported Roads. most mod authors are great if you contact them first...

I get what you are saying as trying to play your own scenario where you know where all the triggers are etc is lame...

I guess my point is that with Haleks working so hard on all the different core functions it really falls on the community to make what they want if the tools are there as long as it's author supported...

I get what you are saying as trying to play your own scenario where you know where all the triggers are etc is lame...

Exactly.

Well, I'm not trying to censor you. 

That's not what I'm trying to say.

Like I'm not as good as scenario making as I'd like to be, I'm not one of those who can really help creating content for Ravage.

I'd prefer let those who have more skill do it correctly.

That's why I don't do it myself, especially in the condition that I don't know anything about the Ravage mod mechanics.

But of course, those who wants and can do it, that's a great idea.

I don't really played ROADS, just stopped it when seeing the poor performances. Surely an update coming to solve this issue.

ROADS is the perfect example of an alternative method of what I speaked about, a version without infected.

That's why I said that's surely not needed any code to add, just get the exactly same scenario like the one included in Ravage, and just delete the parts with infected spawn and add more survivors spawn.

But for that, I'd prefer let those who know how to do it take of this.

Anyway, the author just do what he wants, he can keep our suggestions or not, the fact is that I'll keep this mod and it surely be appreciated by manu users.

And I already speak about it to some friends for doing some cooperative session on it.

ROADS is... ROADS..... and there is a thread to talk about it... what is good and what is bad about it....

yes it suffers a "heavy need" of ressources, it is something I have to work on.... certainly not too many scripts, mostly to many objects and units loaded on the map... atmosphere has a price to pay....

by the way:

V.0.0.4 on test

change log:

Dev: V.0.0.4

- possibility to find ammos from other armed vehicles for your armed car if weapons on each car share the same ammos. (tested - working)
- Lootsystem added to search in trashpiles, trash containers and crates in the world for extra weapons and ammos and items. (tested - working - need tweaking still - Thank you to LaurenTyler for the idea.)
- extended gearlist to RHARD_Mk18 mod  (tested - working)

to do:

- tasks ( final goal, intels to point player to places of interest )
- end of mission
- find how to loot weapons and uniforms added in the RVG_Gearlist --> might be done
- list of magazines for the extra stuff - partially done
- enlarge the modified gearlist (CUP weapons, SMA, ect ...)

and please, talk about ROADS here only if the point is to help Haleks to go further on RAVAGE upgrades... 

if not, use ROADS thread to let this thread clear about RAVAGE.

thank you.
  • Like 1

Well here... I know a bunch of people want this stuff... ugh... I have a bunch of arma projects going and I'm still trying to play jc3 and fallout 4...

Buttttt....

if Haleks is ok with it and he will have to post saying he is ok with it.... I will port the vanilla mission to one map at a time and quite possibly have a non zombie version of the same mission ... that will hopefully help testing as well as free Haleks up.

Really the point of giving everyone the template was so that you could learn the editor and be free to do what u wanted but it seems like a number of the people asking don't have the editor knowledge to do it so I don't mind doing it as I can do it fairly quickly...

So ... if Haleks says ok...

I will give a bit if time to pick a map... I will port over the vanilla version of altis to the new map and post it up...

Keep in mind we are trying to push out a new foa and I have some config stuff to do there and may even have to learn 02. So I can't guarantee how long that might take and that is a pretty big priority in my arma verse right now so this would always take a backseat to FOA until it is released...

• Like 3

I've not been able to refill from petrol stations either. Not just in this version but in every previous version that I've tried it with. 

Same here. It just says "there's no fuel around". or something like that. Gutting doesnt work either.

P.S. And yes Haleks, I AM BEGGING you to add AR-15 from HLC weapon pack into Ravage. C'mon mate, is it so much of a problem for you to add this? I dont understand it completely, but from what I can see it's some 20 items to add in loot from HLC AR-15 weapon pack?

hlc_rifle_RU556         - AR15 Sanitied Carbine (Magpul AFG, MOE,P-Mag,BAD-lever. Novekse KX3)

hlc_rifle_RU5562         - AR15 Magpul Carbine (Magpul AFG, UBR,P-Mag,BAD-lever. Novekse KX3)

hlc_rifle_Colt727         - Colt Carbine (Colt Model 727 "Commando" - "M4" Barrel, M16A2 Upper, Full-Auto Lower)

hlc_rifle_Colt727_GL        - Same as above, add M203

hlc_rifle_bcmjack         - Bravo Company MFG/Haley Strategic 'Jack" Carbine ( Milspec M4 reciever, Geissele SMR Mk1, BCMGunfighter Muzzle brake/comp, there's more, but this isn't an advert)

hlc_rifle_Bushmaster300    - Busmaster .300 Carbine (M4A1-profile carbine chambered for .300 Blackout, instead of 5.56mm NATO)

hlc_rifle_vendimus        - AR15 .300 Dissipator Carbine (Carbine-length heavy barrel covered by full-length rifle furniture)

hlc_rifle_SAMR        - Rock River Arms LAR-15 AMR (Full-Auto-Capable full-length rifle, kitted out to be able to double as a marksman rifle, with accuracy to match)

hlc_rifle_honeybase        - AAC 'Honey-Badger',Sans Suppressor

hlc_rifle_honeybadger    - AAC 'Honey-Badger' (Suppressed Carbine-length defense weapon, created to show off the low-velocity suppressed capabilities of the .300 Blackout round)

hlc_muzzle_556NATO_KAC    -Sound Suppressor 5.56MM NATO AR15s

hlc_muzzle_300blk_KAC    - Sound Suppressor .300 Blackout AR15s

29rnd_300BLK_STANAG    - 30 Round magazine of .300 Blackout FMJ (-1 to ensure smooth feeding)

29rnd_300BLK_STANAG_T     - 30 Round magazine of .300 Blackout Tracer Rounds

29rnd_300BLK_STANAG_S     - 30 Round magazine of .300 Blackout FMJ "cold" loads for optimum sound suppression.

hlc_30rnd_556x45_EPR    - 30 Round magazine of 5.56x45mm NATO Enhanced Performance Rounds.

hlc_30rnd_556x45_SOST    - 30 Round magazine of 5.56x45mm NATO Mk318 Rounds(designed for optimal performance with even SBR-length rifles).

hlc_30rnd_556x45_SPR    - 30 Round magazine of 5.56x45mm NATO Mk262 Rounds(desgined for long range ballistic consistency).

@cosmic10r : no problem at all mate, if you feel like it, go for it. ;)

• Like 2

@cosmic10r : no problem at all mate, if you feel like it, go for it. ;)

You would say that ;) ... more work lol

Do I create a different thread... seems like the better way to go to keep this clean...

P.S. And yes Haleks, I AM BEGGING you to add AR-15 from HLC weapon pack into Ravage. C'mon mate, is it so much of a problem for you to add this? I dont understand it completely, but from what I can see it's some 20 items to add in loot from HLC AR-15 weapon pack?

Perhaps there's a gentler way to request something from someone that's given us so much already?

hlc_rifle_RU556         - AR15 Sanitied Carbine (Magpul AFG, MOE,P-Mag,BAD-lever. Novekse KX3)

hlc_rifle_RU5562         - AR15 Magpul Carbine (Magpul AFG, UBR,P-Mag,BAD-lever. Novekse KX3)

hlc_rifle_Colt727         - Colt Carbine (Colt Model 727 "Commando" - "M4" Barrel, M16A2 Upper, Full-Auto Lower)

hlc_rifle_Colt727_GL        - Same as above, add M203

hlc_rifle_bcmjack         - Bravo Company MFG/Haley Strategic 'Jack" Carbine ( Milspec M4 reciever, Geissele SMR Mk1, BCMGunfighter Muzzle brake/comp, there's more, but this isn't an advert)

hlc_rifle_Bushmaster300    - Busmaster .300 Carbine (M4A1-profile carbine chambered for .300 Blackout, instead of 5.56mm NATO)

hlc_rifle_vendimus        - AR15 .300 Dissipator Carbine (Carbine-length heavy barrel covered by full-length rifle furniture)

hlc_rifle_SAMR        - Rock River Arms LAR-15 AMR (Full-Auto-Capable full-length rifle, kitted out to be able to double as a marksman rifle, with accuracy to match)

hlc_rifle_honeybase        - AAC 'Honey-Badger',Sans Suppressor

hlc_rifle_honeybadger    - AAC 'Honey-Badger' (Suppressed Carbine-length defense weapon, created to show off the low-velocity suppressed capabilities of the .300 Blackout round)

hlc_muzzle_556NATO_KAC    -Sound Suppressor 5.56MM NATO AR15s

hlc_muzzle_300blk_KAC    - Sound Suppressor .300 Blackout AR15s

29rnd_300BLK_STANAG    - 30 Round magazine of .300 Blackout FMJ (-1 to ensure smooth feeding)

29rnd_300BLK_STANAG_T     - 30 Round magazine of .300 Blackout Tracer Rounds

29rnd_300BLK_STANAG_S     - 30 Round magazine of .300 Blackout FMJ "cold" loads for optimum sound suppression.

hlc_30rnd_556x45_EPR    - 30 Round magazine of 5.56x45mm NATO Enhanced Performance Rounds.

hlc_30rnd_556x45_SOST    - 30 Round magazine of 5.56x45mm NATO Mk318 Rounds(designed for optimal performance with even SBR-length rifles).

hlc_30rnd_556x45_SPR    - 30 Round magazine of 5.56x45mm NATO Mk262 Rounds(desgined for long range ballistic consistency).

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
	{
	0 = rvg_mainWeapons pushBack _x; //civilians weapons
	} 
forEach ["hlc_rifle_RU556",
"hlc_rifle_RU5562",
"hlc_rifle_Colt727",
"hlc_rifle_Colt727_GL",
"hlc_rifle_bcmjack",
"hlc_rifle_Bushmaster300",
"hlc_rifle_vendimus",
"hlc_rifle_SAMR",
"hlc_rifle_honeybase",
"hlc_rifle_honeybadger"];
	{
	0 = rvg_Weapons pushBack _x; // military weapons
	} 
forEach ["hlc_rifle_RU556",
"hlc_rifle_RU5562",
"hlc_rifle_Colt727",
"hlc_rifle_Colt727_GL",
"hlc_rifle_bcmjack",
"hlc_rifle_Bushmaster300",
"hlc_rifle_vendimus",
"hlc_rifle_SAMR",
"hlc_rifle_honeybase",
"hlc_rifle_honeybadger"];
	{
	0 = rvg_Items pushBack _x; // accessories 
	} 
forEach ["hlc_muzzle_556NATO_KAC",
"hlc_muzzle_300blk_KAC"];

copy and paste the script  at the end of ther init file of your mission (you might delete somes from lists if you want them to be only civilians grade (more common) or military grade (less common)

this will add weapons (and magazines automaticly ) and items to the spawned Bandits, renegades and Survivors you'll meet on your way.

kill the guys, or wait for factions guys to kill them all each other and pick up your needs on bodies.

this is far the more realistic way to make a mission "survival style" as IRL you'll certainly have this only way to have something.

you'll need to move, to roam all island to cross the path of squads and renegades.

:)

• Like 4