You would say that ;) ... more work lol

Do I create a different thread... seems like the better way to go to keep this clean...

Well seen as this thread can move rather fast, it might be the best way to go.

Feel free to PM me if you need help!

• Like 1

Managed to get a gutting knife and found a rabbit. Then I got this odd glitch. Quite chilling actually. *

029BBD00715E22999AEF29DA1EB4A0FCD5EB6848

*Some people use smilies to indicate when they're joking. I do not.

• Like 9

Hey,

I just asking if opening the "rvg_mission.pbo" and copy the content of the Editor in another map then saving it and add the content of the mission folder in the new one's folder is the only thing to do to adapt the Altis scenario to another map ?

Then packing it and simply add it to a folder named "Mod - Ravage" in the "missions" folder will be enought to have the Ravage mod working on another map.

Or maybe need more work than this ?

EDIT : Ok, just opened it and have my answer.

waiting for replies from some Scripters to allow me to use modified scripts of them....before release of  ROADS V.0.0.4

I will test a lighter mission.sqm with most of the predisposed AIs removed and spawning triggers instead.

new functions as announced  sooner:

- new loot system in addition of Ravage loot system : now you can search into trash, crates and others world items for weapons, ammos and items with low chance of result to stay surtvival style. loot items are from added Mods form the modified gearlist. (some tweaks needed)

- reammo your car weapon from an another armed car.

and this is incoming too....

FN9WKk.jpg

• Like 4

Hey,

I just asking if opening the "rvg_mission.pbo" and copy the content of the Editor in another map then saving it and add the content of the mission folder in the new one's folder is the only thing to do to adapt the Altis scenario to another map ?

Then packing it and simply add it to a folder named "Mod - Ravage" in the "missions" folder will be enought to have the Ravage mod working on another map.

Or maybe need more work than this ?

EDIT : Ok, just opened it and have my answer.

Keep in mind this will still have the default Ravage values for loot spawn... etc... A lot of people like it but  it can be brutal. 

If you want an Altis version with the modules so you can play around yourself with the spawn\loot values, I can do that.

I see the Google Drive link and ARMAHOLIC link send people to an old version of ROADS and NOT THE V.0.0.3

Google drive link was not the good one

fixed now, V.0.0.3 is here:

ltKc4O.png

GOOGLE DRIVE 

Armaholic link fixed too

sorry for the matter

Here's a quick edited version of the demo from Ravage (Altis).

My version offers the following:

-More AI Camps through map (more in base zones)  Each mission load could change.

-Disabled Radiation zones by default (but can be enabled via 0-0-4)

-Disabled Dynamic weather only because i recommend using This Addon! Thanks @tortuosit (can be enabled again in menus 0-0-X)

-Menu 0-0-X allows script to allow auto doors to open...no more having to open each door!

-Additional Loot spawn in world items (like trash, toilets, buckets, baskets, etc...)  You will see a menu popup when you get close enough if the object offers to search it.  (WIP)

-Bases may offer more vehicles

-GPS in your car!    No map?  No problem, get in your cart and GPS is enabled. (WIP, hope to edit to allow it in all cars)

-Hunting Zones!!  Some zones on map offer more animals for hunting.

-Mission start limited gear (M14 + Handgun) + Car

-Added support for HLC weapons per earlier posts

Download:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/slj6w0258g22yhc/Ravage_JCEdit.Altis.pbo?dl=0

Have fun.  More updates to come.

• Like 1

Nice GigaS.

Is it ok if I link to that in the port thread too...

It may be more worthwhile to have gigas port his Ravage -Extended GigaS edition over to each map as well :)

• Like 1

news about next ROADS update V.0.0.4

Trash loot system widely upgraded: (tested and working ... ;) )

-  you can search in some places of the world like trash piles (not all types but almost ), crates (wood), bags of differents types, trash containers...
-  search in a same place can be done a limited number of times. then place ends empty and cannot be search anymore.

- loot items spawned from external mods not listed by RAVAGE by default, but listed in the "recommanded mods" of ROADS
- loot items spawned from RAVAGE items too:

-items (chemlights, ect..)

-food

-drinks or empty canteens and bottles

-Ravage survival items 

-uniforms (from ROADS added compatibles mods) in Level 1 and level 3 (radioactive protection)

-weapons : handguns and rifles from several friendly mods for ROADS

-weapons accessories: lights, silencers, sights ....

all those items are tweaked by classes for "% of chance to spawn" .

ROADS is meant to be "survival" so this new loot system, in complement of the RAVAGE one, will allow to add a wider choice of weaponry but still remain "rare to find", and will not be the"Weapons and Ammos RAVAGE SuperMarket".
I spent  lot of hours to test and tweak it in this purpose.

in the meantime, all upgrades for ROADS V.0.0.4 will also be implemented for the new incoming ROADZ mission. B)

Are you still working on compatibility with ACE3? If so could you make it work in your template mission? Having tons of fun with the mod so far! :D

Guys

I don't mean to come across as a grumpy old man which on occasion my wife may think so, but this thread is starting to become cluttered with everyone else's RAVAGE mods and a pain to find anything really relevant to haleks's RAVAGE. No i'm not a RAVAGE thread monitor, but someone who want's to read about and find haleks's RAVAGE. Your own personal RAVAGE mods/missions threads would reduce the clutter somewhat!

Grumpy rant over........lol. ;)

• Like 6

rsoftokz :

waiting for replies from some Scripters to allow me to use modified scripts of them....before release of  ROADS V.0.0.4

I see the Google Drive link and ARMAHOLIC link send people to an old version of ROADS and NOT THE V.0.0.3

news about next ROADS update V.0.0.4

Don't you already asking to let this thread about Ravage and don't talk about ROADS here ?

ROADS is... ROADS..... and there is a thread to talk about it... what is good and what is bad about it....

and please, talk about ROADS here only if the point is to help Haleks to go further on RAVAGE upgrades... 

if not, use ROADS thread to let this thread clear about RAVAGE.

I don't think that speaking about the improvements and updates, and giving links to ROADS here, can help in any way for Ravage.

Maybe you should let theses infos on your thread like you asked it ?

Just saying... You give a lesson to let this thread only about Ravage, and after that, you post many things about ROADS.

Am I miss something or what ? If you asked other about something, you should repect it.

I don't search about any problems, but I think that must be sayed.

Back to Ravage so.

Keep in mind this will still have the default Ravage values for loot spawn... etc... A lot of people like it but  it can be brutal. 

If you want an Altis version with the modules so you can play around yourself with the spawn\loot values, I can do that.

About Ravage, the good point is that we can open the mission file and use the same structure for the mission for ours.

That need some work if we want more atmosphere like the original scenario, but it's completely possible.

I wait for the stable release of Eden Editor for this.

:)  

I wasn't meaning to give some "lesson"...

I just told "discussing" about ROADS here wasn't the right place.

I see a difference between "discussions" and "announcements" or information given.

and if you have something to tell me, just PM me, it will be better for the thread, no ???

and if someone has something to tell me here about what I write... I guess it is just Haleks  and/or any moderator.

I don't search about any problems, but I think that must be sayed.

:)

Well I don't want to play the policeman; let's say posts about community missions should be limited to "mission vx.x is out! Check it out here : <thread link here>".

Announcements about futur changes and changelogs should be limited to the mission thread, to avoid any confusion with the mod.

In general, I don't mind people posting news about this or that project, but let's keep it to a minimum maybe.

Regarding the next update : it's more or less ready. There's one last thing I want to fix : radioactive zones spawning around bandits camps.

I'll work on it today/tonight, and probably update tomorrow.

• Like 5

Hey,

Just pass the afternoon on Altis with Ravage mod.

Don't see any other bugs.

Just a little thing.

Since I used Ravage, I experienced sometimes an error that leading to ArmA III stop working, about a memory that can't be "read" or "written".

Don't happen in any other game. And don't seems to happen with another mods, except Ravage as far as I can see until then.

I try to delete the dll files from the Dll folder in the game folder.

Issue not fixed.

Don't really know what to think about that, but some others that already have this issue says that it happens to them with some mods and not others.

An issue from Ravage ? Probably special, don't really know how it can be located to only one mod.

I'll try to spend many times on ArmA III without Ravage to see if it's related to the mod or not.

Are you still working on compatibility with ACE3? If so could you make it work in your template mission? Having tons of fun with the mod so far! :D

Sadly that part is on hold for now, ACE is not yet 100% SP-compatible. :/

Hey,

Just pass the afternoon on Altis with Ravage mod.

Don't see any other bugs.

Just a little thing.

Since I used Ravage, I experienced sometimes an error that leading to ArmA III stop working, about a memory that can't be "read" or "written".

Don't happen in any other game. And don't seems to happen with another mods, except Ravage as far as I can see until then.

I try to delete the dll files from the Dll folder in the game folder.

Issue not fixed.

Don't really know what to think about that, but some others that already have this issue says that it happens to them with some mods and not others.

An issue from Ravage ? Probably special, don't really know how it can be located to only one mod.

I'll try to spend many times on ArmA III without Ravage to see if it's related to the mod or not.

Yeah I've seen people reporting that with various mods since the Nexus update.

I am myself experiencing some very annoying framerate issues since 1.54, but no crash for now.

What are your PC specs? I'm under the impression that this happens with mods spawning a lot of objects/threads.

• Like 1

This thread is moving really fast. Sorry if this was explicitly addressed. I know it was mentioned but can't remember the outcome.

Are the first person noises, especially the injured grunting/moaning, supposed to be happening now with the 1.54 update? They are for me so I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

I WISH BIS would just give us the damn option of turning all first person noises off.

If it's supposed to be happening now, is there a planned fix in place. I loved the silence you had achieved in 1.52.

This thread is moving really fast. Sorry if this was explicitly addressed. I know it was mentioned but can't remember the outcome.

Are the first person noises, especially the injured grunting/moaning, supposed to be happening now with the 1.54 update? They are for me so I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

I WISH BIS would just give us the damn option of turning all first person noises off.

If it's supposed to be happening now, is there a planned fix in place. I loved the silence you had achieved in 1.52.

Some of them came back with 1.54, it would seem...

It'll be fixed with the next version, don't worry. ;)

• Like 1

Well I don't want to play the policeman; let's say posts about community missions should be limited to "mission vx.x is out! Check it out here : <thread link here>".

Announcements about futur changes and changelogs should be limited to the mission thread, to avoid any confusion with the mod.

In general, I don't mind people posting news about this or that project, but let's keep it to a minimum maybe.

Thanks haleks, sometimes it can be difficult to say something without offending or upsetting someone, appreciated! We're all just passionate about your mod, it's the price you pay i guess. ;)

And thanks guys for not lambasting me. ;)

Hey i havent been here in a little while. (werk) hows ravage going? any chance of a cherno map(with more loot spawns) made by you haleks? what about missions and/or a campaign for ravage?

Hey i havent been here in a little while. (werk) hows ravage going? any chance of a cherno map(with more loot spawns) made by you haleks? what about missions and/or a campaign for ravage?

Cosmic is currently working on the ports: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186530-sp-ravage-vanilla-mission-ported-including-template/

While Haleks keeps on keeping on with the core features.

Then he's taking a mini-vacation while pondering the next phase of Ravage developement, which may or may not include new features.

Cosmic is currently working on the ports: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186530-sp-ravage-vanilla-mission-ported-including-template/

While Haleks keeps on keeping on with the core features.

Then he's taking a mini-vacation while pondering the next phase of Ravage developement, which may or may not include new features.

great. that sounds awesome.                                    

also: may or may not include....... just say yes or no. i absolutely hate when people say that. it's either it will include new stuff or not.