Haleks,

Would the caching system be able to retain any loot that was placed in a vehicles inventory? I presume that everything would still be persistent, just not drawn unless you were close enough?

Fire

My FPS have been averaging 35+,mostly around 45+ with little action.  I wouldn't worry to much, but performance is always a plus  :)

On that note though, i think the patrol spawns are too close to the player.  Maybe i'm wrong, but i think they may be spawning within a 250 to 300m radius?  Extending it to maybe 400 - 500 minimum would be ideal in my opinion, not sure if others want to comment...  Zombies are fine though

Would the caching system be able to retain any loot that was placed in a vehicles inventory? I presume that everything would still be persistent, just not drawn unless you were close enough?

I've put stuff in a vehicle and tent, travelled to the other side of the map and come back. Everything was still there.

Haleks,

Fire

The caching system wouldn't modify the vehicles, as you guessed it would simply hide them and disable their simulation.

My FPS have been averaging 35+,mostly around 45+ with little action.  I wouldn't worry to much, but performance is always a plus  :)

On that note though, i think the patrol spawns are too close to the player.  Maybe i'm wrong, but i think they may be spawning within a 250 to 300m radius?  Extending it to maybe 400 - 500 minimum would be ideal in my opinion, not sure if others want to comment...  Zombies are fine though

Currently the minimum spawn distance for the AI is around 400m (maximum is at 800), but the problem is that the different groups tend to arrive in the player's vicinity at the same time, giving the impression that hell is set loose all of a sudden.

I'll try to improve that before the update.

@Kodabar : There is no caching system yet. ;)

Kodabar? Well, make that two VERY familiar names now.

• Like 1

I tried the script that RSoftokz linked on page 50, and it didn't seem to work for me. I put the class of the vehicle in where the wreck was, and it didn't spawn the vehicle at all. Could it be because it's a class name from a mod? Specifically, the M-ATV Hybrid from Refined Vehicles. The class name is "MRAP_01_hybrid_F". As I mentioned before, I'm not that good at scripting. On the other hand, the garbage loot script worked great. No animation, but having it fail 75% of the time makes it take longer than it normally would.

I tried the script that RSoftokz linked on page 50, and it didn't seem to work for me. I put the class of the vehicle in where the wreck was, and it didn't spawn the vehicle at all. Could it be because it's a class name from a mod? Specifically, the M-ATV Hybrid from Refined Vehicles. The class name is "MRAP_01_hybrid_F". As I mentioned before, I'm not that good at scripting. On the other hand, the garbage loot script worked great. No animation, but having it fail 75% of the time makes it take longer than it normally would.

You mean this one?

(vehicle player) setpos [_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 0]; // this line to set the position of the player 
_posV = [_pos, 5, 5, 1, 0, 35, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; // this line set the  variable "position of an object" taking player's position as reference and calling BIS function to find a "safe" position.
if (isNil "_posV") then {
_posV = getPosATL (((getposASL player) nearRoads 10) select 1);
}; // those lines set  variant positions of the variable for the spawning vehicle 
_vehicle = createVehicle ["Land_Wreck_Car2_F", _posV, [], 0, "NONE"]; //this create the vehicle and set its position near the player (using the variable
_vehicle setDir (direction player - 187); _vehicle setVectorUP (surfaceNormal [(getPosATL _vehicle) select 0, (getPosATL _vehicle) select 1]);// this set the "direction" of the vehicle in reference of player's position

It's a snippet from a bigger script, so it won't work on its own, unless you define the _pos variable yourself.

And yes, you need to load Refined Vehicles if you want to use a classname from that addon, otherwise the engine simply won't know what you are reffering to.

• Like 1

^^

I guess it will be simpler if you show us your script so far, it will be easier then to adapt the script to your needs.

Yeah, it's just the same script, but with the class name swapped out. As I said, I suck at scripting.

fnc_createWreck = {
private["_pos"];
_pos = param [0,[0,0,0],[[]],[2,3]];

(vehicle player) setpos [_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 0]; // this line to set the position of the player 
_posV = [_pos, 5, 5, 1, 0, 35, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; // this line set the  variable "position of an object" taking player's position as reference and calling BIS function to find a "safe" position.
if (isNil "_posV") then {
_posV = getPosATL (((getposASL player) nearRoads 10) select 1);
}; // those lines set  variant positions of the variable for the spawning vehicle 
_vehicle = createVehicle ["Land_Wreck_Car2_F", _posV, [], 0, "NONE"]; //this create the vehicle and set its position near the player (using the variable
_vehicle setDir (direction player - 187); _vehicle setVectorUP (surfaceNormal [(getPosATL _vehicle) select 0, (getPosATL _vehicle) select 1]);// this set the "direction" of the vehicle in reference of player's position
};
// Call the script with [<position>] call fnc_createWreck
// Create a game logic called GL_WRECK_1
[getPos GL_WRECK_1] call fnc_createWreck;
Try that. Currently untested due to on a tablet, but *should?* work.

@tyger 

What about making it spawn an intact vehicle? One with predefined gear in the cargo? I'm heading out for a bit, so I won't be able to see any replies for a while. Kind of going insane being cooped up in my apartment.

i still have radiation doesnt go away problem even with update. did i miss something ? 

Yeah, it's just the same script, but with the class name swapped out. As I said, I suck at scripting.

As i said multiple times in multiple threads...

"If it can work flawlessly with HETMAN  ..it's the ultimate tool.."

>>>>        ZBE caching          <<<<

..just ..paste 1 line to .init +related folder to your missions folder..and forget about it..

Hi everyone :), im new to the fourms.

i am really loving this mod and it's modules.

but i have a small and probably a noob question, i cant seem to find away of filling up water bottles and canteens, im using the Chernarus map, if anyone can help it would be great,

is there a natural  food and water source in the mod/map?

Hey Haleks, just want to report that your search script works. However, Esseker? Horrible map for Ravage IMO. Gonna have to do a quick and dirty to Chernarus or Helvantis(assuming Helvantis is supported). Though, in all honesty, it may be better to stick with maps with only ArmA 3 buildings. Anyone know a dense forest map that fits that? Oh, and not Bornholm. AFAIK, it's mostly unenterable A2 buildings.

Edit at 1535: I'm downloading Bornholm. Going to give it a shot. 

i run the A3 taviana mod along side Chernarus map so it has more enteable buildings from J-bad buildings witch also spwans loot

hope that can open up more possibility  of playing more maps for you. :)

i still have radiation doesnt go away problem even with update. did i miss something ? 

Even if you take Anti-Rads?

I've linked a test mission for the radiation system a few posts above : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8J1S463UMFqbkZqMUxlZlVPaVE

Could you give it a try and tell me your results?

@tyger 

What about making it spawn an intact vehicle? One with predefined gear in the cargo? I'm heading out for a bit, so I won't be able to see any replies for a while. Kind of going insane being cooped up in my apartment.

Looks like what you want to achieve is a tad complex for someone who ain't familiar with scripting.

Best thing would be either to link your mission here so that people can take a look into it, or to go for something simpler to begin with.

If you have the time, watching/reading a few tutorials never hurts, there are loads of them out there. ;)

Probably not. :/

I have a few ideas to try in order to make the code a bit more MP-friendly - provided that it doesn't require too much changes.

But I must point out that, eventhough I've been given some valuable inputs already, MP is completely new to me - you will have to be patient. ;)

I'd rather see a co-op rather than a MP hosted server, i understand that could be a long way off, just putting it out there if it ain't been said already lol

Looks like what you want to achieve is a tad complex for someone who ain't familiar with scripting.

Best thing would be either to link your mission here so that people can take a look into it, or to go for something simpler to begin with.

If you have the time, watching/reading a few tutorials never hurts, there are loads of them out there. ;)

I guess I'll just do what I did in the first place. Place a vehicle near each spawn point with the cargo custom set.

but i have a small and probably a noob question, i cant seem to find away of filling up water bottles and canteens, im using the Chernarus map, if anyone can help it would be great,

@Sgt Smash

Dude, no need to post twice. Haleks does get back to older posts. However, based on what I've seen, I'm not exactly too sure myself. I just scavenge for supplies. Hunting and what not is planned for the future, so maybe soon?

Ravaged world :

All Arma 3 buidings have been retextured using vanilla assets, transforming Altis & Stratis

into derelict environments. 

^^

The backdrop to Ravage mission is stunning, it's never lost on me just how bleak and beautiful "Ravaged Altis" is.

One of the drawbacks to using the Ravage modules on alternative terrains is the absence of atmosphere and mood generated by the demo mission. 

Could the alchemy involved in creating the "Ravaged world of Altis" be a future addition to the module suite for use on other terrains.

• Like 1

@Sgt Smash

Dude, no need to post twice. Haleks does get back to older posts. However, based on what I've seen, I'm not exactly too sure myself. I just scavenge for supplies. Hunting and what not is planned for the future, so maybe soon?

yeah soz dude, i was going to remove they old one but turns out i can't lol

i learn something new everyday lol :)

Hi everyone :), im new to the fourms.

Welcome!

Right now the function handling this only accounts for Arma3 objects - I'll try to add support for Arma2 objects for the next update. ;)

^^

The backdrop to Ravage mission is stunning, it's never lost on me just how bleak and beautiful "Ravaged Altis" is.

One of the drawbacks to using the Ravage modules on alternative terrains is the absence of atmosphere and mood generated by the demo mission. 

Could the alchemy involved in creating the "Ravaged world of Altis" be a future addition to the module suite for use on other terrains.

Editing building textures & ambiant lights was all done via config changes.

Technically, it is possible to achieve the same results on all maps via scripting (you'd just need to fetch the inherited damaged model for each building and replace them), but it will most likely have an heavy impact on framerate.

But once CUP_TP is released, I might write an optional config for Arma2/OA buildings & objects. ;)

• Like 1

Welcome!

Right now the function handling this only accounts for Arma3 objects - I'll try to add support for Arma2 objects for the next update. ;)

Thanks for the quick reply.

do happen to know what the object from Arma 3 is called so i can put one in game via the editor?