How to increase the radiation with the radiatio active zone placement?

Edit: So I am trying to do is: I want like a 8m radius radioacitv zone but in the middle I get like 60 on the muller geiger and when I walk out of the 8m I 0.

Edited by ChlckenWlng
Edit

4 hours ago, ChlckenWlng said:

How to increase the radiation with the radiatio active zone placement?

Edit: So I am trying to do is: I want like a 8m radius radioacitv zone but in the middle I get like 60 on the muller geiger and when I walk out of the 8m I 0.

Amount of radiation is dependent on the size of Rad zone. But Radiation from two ovelapping zones have additive effect, put enough small rad zones one on another and you should get what you want.

6 minutes ago, Hans(z) said:

Amount of radiation is dependent on the size of Rad zone. But Radiation from two ovelapping zones have additive effect, put enough small rad zones one on another and you should get what you want.

Didnt work

12 minutes ago, Hans(z) said:

Nevermind just had to put like 300 down but do you know why when I put it on 2 its like 30m not 2m?

On 11/15/2019 at 1:44 PM, Barmalei75 said:

@haleks Hi!
Wrote you PM about adding a multilanguage support to Ravage.
Thank you!
Best regards!

Hello @Barmalei75!

Sorry for not replying sooner - to you and everyone who's been PMing me recently - it has been a busy month on my end...

Thanks a lot for the offer! I'm answering here rather than by PM, since this could involve efforts from several people (I can handle French and English, but that's about it!).

I'm working rather slowly on Ravage these days, but yeah, I'm definitely interested. What would we need to get started on this? I'm guessing a list of all custom descriptions/names for configs would be a good start? Plus a list of all custom/contextual messages displayed via scripts, probably... I'm thinking a public spreadsheet would work well, if people fluent in other languages want to help?

However, there may be difficulties, because for a proper localization processing on a dedicated servers,
the code with a "localize" function must be executed on the client side. And I haven’t yet looked if your code works that way.

Some parts of the code will only execute server-side if said server is a dedicated one, but that mainly concerns background/system functions, so that shouldn't be a problem. IIRC, pretty much all scripts involving a displayed message are executed locally in Ravage. 😉 

• Like 1

@haleks Thank you for reply!
To start a collaboration on multilanguage support it would be better to have a private Github project for this purpose, to collaborate.
Next step will be to create a proper stringtable.xml file. Next - to refactor all of the code with a proper localization functions and transfer all of the displayed text into strigntable.xml tags,
For example:

[myBox, ["<t color='#00ffff'>" + "Move object", "moveobj.sqf","",1,false,false,"true","true",2.5]] remoteExec ["addAction", 0, true];

turns to

[myBox, ["<t color='#00ffff'>" + localize "STR_ACTION_MOVEOBJ", "moveobj.sqf","",1,false,false,"true","true",2.5]] remoteExec ["addAction", 0, true];

and text goes to stringtable.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Project name="YourProject">
<Package name="Description">
<Key ID="STR_ACTION_MOVEOBJ">
     <Original>Move object</Original>
     <English>Move object</English>
     <Russian>Переместить объєкт</Russian>
</Key>
</Package>
</Project>

But there are some tricks with localization process. Sometimes you can just use $STR_ instead of localize (depends on a side where it runs). And you have to use &lt; and &gt; instead of < > with localize function, because of parser limitaion. Etc, etc.
For example, for a server side, in Description.ext you can use $STR method:

title = "$STR_DESCRIPTION_END1_TITLE";

and proper tags in stringtable.xml will be

<Key ID="STR_DESCRIPTION_END1_TITLE">
     <Original>Mission successful!</Original>
     <English>Mission successful!</English>
     <Russian>Миссия успешно завершена!</Russian>
</Key>

• Thanks 1

Isn't localize is deprecated ?

Sometimes you can just use $STR_ instead of localize

Why only sometimes? It doesn't always work?

@chernaruski
It is pretty old function, but not depricated, AFAIK.
I had to use localize in scripts, $STR won't work properly in scripts

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/localize
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Stringtable.xml

Moreover, for a proper localization this function must be implemented on a client side.
You may see how funny looks a client localized text in ACE medical menu, when someone with a dіfferent locale trying to give you a medical attention 😉

• Thanks 1

From a coding point of view I'm curious how latitude settings influence zombie spawn rate...I plan to do a little test this weekend using Arctic Latitudes to see how Midnight Sun affects the zombie spawn rate, I'd also like to test spawn rates during a Polar Night....I'm genuinely curious how this plays out so a little "insider" information may prove useful.

Edit: Maybe that piece of code we used to monitor spawn numbers during those MP tests would be useful here...

• Like 2

hi all

FYI, VA has now a "free building" base-building feature.

currently ressource and blueprint requirements are WIP=)

You can add any additional structures to the blueprint arrays following the instructions in the link.

The persistent saving of player info has also received a fix (to be able to save position in buildings)

enjoy!

vd

• Like 4

Hi all,

Is there a way to force a side when using rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp;?

eg. Make it EAST or GUER, etc.

Hello, ravage community

I'm not sure if I asked this question before but is there any explanation why we can't sell uniforms/vests etc. to the gear trader? Also when adding custom items to traders, does anyone know the full code/item list of the "default" ravage gear and weapons traders that you can buy  & sell?

Is there a way to improve zeds collision with vehicles?  Sometimes when you run them over , they or you spontaneously launched flying in random direction and height killing you and damaging the vehicle.
Also , is there a way to reduce the zombie hit radius sphere? They hit you like 3m away... sometimes through floor , when you on the second floor. It's way too far by default.

@zukov , ok flags... and? 😁

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chernaruski said:

Is there a way to improve zeds collision with vehicles?  Sometimes when you run them over , they or you spontaneously launched flying in random direction and height killing you and damaging the vehicle.

@zukov , ok flags... and? 😁

a lot of stuff  piano.... old labs..... school stuff (in polish)

• Confused 1

I just found out that Rad protective gear decrease antirad pills effect.

Repro (with geiger counter):

1) get some radiation

2) eat pill

3) watch radiation (sould be negative number around -60)

4) put on antirad mask

5) watch radiation - it is between -30 and -40

@haleksis it possible to apply some RPG mechanics for stamina system and now entirely screw Ravages stamina system? I mean something like: pay 100money to "stat-trader" and you get permanent increase of mass limit player can carry without to be forced to only walk (or decreasing stamina consumtion). At this time I only know some coefitients that you can put in units init line, but i don't know if that can destroy Rvg stamina mechanics. Do hunger and thirst have effect on stamina?

On 12/6/2019 at 9:26 PM, EO said:

From a coding point of view I'm curious how latitude settings influence zombie spawn rate...I plan to do a little test this weekend using Arctic Latitudes to see how Midnight Sun affects the zombie spawn rate, I'd also like to test spawn rates during a Polar Night....I'm genuinely curious how this plays out so a little "insider" information may prove useful.

Edit: Maybe that piece of code we used to monitor spawn numbers during those MP tests would be useful here...

The code does account for latitude, so you should end up with seasonal zombie migrations. ^^

That bit of code returns all alive zombies :

debug_zeds_a = true;
0 spawn {
	while {debug_zeds_a} do {
		hintsilent str (count (entities [["zombie"], [], false, true]));
		sleep 0.5;
	};
	hintsilent "";
};

On 12/10/2019 at 4:09 PM, chernaruski said:

Also , is there a way to reduce the zombie hit radius sphere? They hit you like 3m away... sometimes through floor , when you on the second floor. It's way too far by default.

I haven't witnessed this myself - any mods involved, either Animations or Vehicles?

6 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

I just found out that Rad protective gear decrease antirad pills effect.

Repro (with geiger counter):

1) get some radiation

2) eat pill

3) watch radiation (sould be negative number around -60)

4) put on antirad mask

5) watch radiation - it is between -30 and -40

@haleksis it possible to apply some RPG mechanics for stamina system and now entirely screw Ravages stamina system? I mean something like: pay 100money to "stat-trader" and you get permanent increase of mass limit player can carry without to be forced to only walk (or decreasing stamina consumtion). At this time I only know some coefitients that you can put in units init line, but i don't know if that can destroy Rvg stamina mechanics. Do hunger and thirst have effect on stamina?

Good catch mate, it's going to be fixed very soon. 😉 

Also thanks to @Barmalei75, those are useful informations! I'll get started on an xml file soon, and probably share it here if people want to help with other languages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2019 at 5:29 PM, haleks said:

I haven't witnessed this myself - any mods involved, either Animations or Vehicles?

Basically any mod that has vehicle . I'm currently using:  CUP Vehicles, all RHS. Animations mods? mmm Enhanced Movement..., but had same thing without it too. So I would scratch it out.
Its like something is wrong with the way the objects interact , zombie's body and vehicles. Any changes made to zeds models lately? Geometry Phys LOD maybe?

To reproduce just run them over with any vehicle, preferably at higher speeds.

@haleks are you planning optimize money system in rvg? I mean it's hard to manage high amount of money. My suggestion is add pack addaction. From 10(50, 100) banknotes make 1 inventory item "100money pack" and vice versa.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 8:58 AM, Hans(z) said:

This is a possibility. I recently played Once Upon a Time in Livonia and it had exactly that. Have a look at the Workshop page for it - there's a section marked "Skills" that does a lot of what you want.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1914241047

2 hours ago, kodabar said:

This is a possibility. I recently played Once Upon a Time in Livonia and it had exactly that. Have a look at the Workshop page for it - there's a section marked "Skills" that does a lot of what you want.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1914241047

Actually I get this idea from this mission, but the stamina is completely turned off (when you complete a quest) and max. weight is the only restriction.

My idea is something similar to Mauseris Livonia mission, but not turn off the whole stamina system, but upgrade stamina little by little. Messing with camo coefficient came in my mind too.

• Like 1

In the post-apocalyptic, surely burning banknotes for warmth and cooking optimizes "money".....whereas bartering, where you exchange loot for loot with traders, would be a more preferable system rather than micro-managing useless currency.  

I still have a fond memory of the first fire I created in Ravage using the banknotes, I thought that was both genius and liberating.

• Like 5

@haleks  Oh, I wish I could use my language in a future stringtable tags, but Arma 3 has no Ukrainian language support. So in a future we will have to use a russian localization, because your licence is non-derevative.
In other cases our community uses a Ukrainian texts inside a <Russian> tags for localization purpose.
I can help you with that text transfers I've mentioned earlier, and do some monkey job. I have some expirience from other projects.

Just keep it in mind and text me if you interested.

I also looking for a way to implement those cool CBRN stuff from Contact DLC. But as always, lack of time.
For example, a Decon Showers
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CBRN

• Thanks 1

Hi folks!

A couple days ago I stumbled across this wonderful mod, and started creating my own mission in it.

I am using CUP and RHS, however, I try to create my own restricted gear pool because the variation in those mods are just over the top.

Because of this, I switched off all content, and defined my own loot pool as you can see in this screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxiewcc2c5m0oax/107410_20191212223007_1.png?dl=0

With these settings I am running into problems though. First, if I run a mission with only ambient zombies, and no ambient AI, I am getting this error message:
Error Undefined Variable in Expression: _magazine

File ravage/code/scripts/system/gear/gearpool.sqf..., line 312

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zh1i1vvxaqqzup6/107410_20191212223055_1.png?dl=0

Second, if I do use ambient AI, the AI is using the weapons I defined, but not the uniforms. Instead they dont wear anything. I am also getting error messages like the previous for all kind of different classes.

Could somebody explain (or point towards an explanation) how the gear pool module works? Will AI units not use uniforms defined as in the screenshot above? Where can I list magazines? (So far I listed them under "Common items")

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If you are using CUP and RHS , why its not allowed in the upper section where it says specifically "Allow content from CUP / RHS"  - yes / no / equipment / weapons?
If I understand correctly, you need to allow CUP and RHS first and only then whitelist the items you want... try enabling both of them.