Let me notice, that use of the CUP and RHS together is still a question of compatibility, due the different damage and penetration characteristics of the projectiles, as well as different armor characteristics of the vehicles.

And since new magazine well implementations, it makes everything more complicated.
Different projectiles from different mods makes different holes in the same structure... or not.

@chernaruski I disabled them because if I don't, AI units indiscriminately use ALL rhs and cup weapons und equipment. I want them to use exclusively the gear that I define in the arrays. Is that not possible?

@Barmalei75 acknowledged, which is one of the reasons I want a very defined lot set. I took great care choosing ammo and weapons that do not mix the mods. 

I'm working on a new Ravage sandbox on the NEW ESSEKER map that has released on workshop. The map has been updated with all new Livonia assets and does not require CUP Terrains. I'm streaming the session if anyone wants to check out what's happening... the map looks awesome and might now be the best post apocalyptic map we currently have in Arma!

http://www.twitch.tv/Donnie_Plays

• Like 4

I have one question about trader system. I'm using code from ravage-wiki for custom trader system.

Spoiler

rvg_supplies_custom = ["Supplies", 

[ 

["rvg_plasticBottlePurified", 30,"CfgMagazines", 2], 

["rvg_canteenPurified", 50,"CfgMagazines", 2], 

["rvg_flare", 15,"CfgMagazines", 5], 

["rvg_toolkit", 250,"CfgMagazines", 1], 

["rvg_tire", 100,"CfgMagazines", 1], 

["rvg_hose", 50,"CfgMagazines", 1], 

["rvg_guttingKnife", 75,"CfgMagazines", 3], 

["rvg_Geiger", 200,"CfgMagazines", 1], 

["rvg_canOpener", 25, "CfgMagazines", 3], 

["rvg_sleepingBag_Blue", 150,"CfgMagazines", 3], 

["rvg_foldedTent", 300,"CfgMagazines", 1],

["FirstAidKit",30,"CfgMagazines", 10]

] 

];this setVariable ["istrader", "rvg_supplies_custom", true];

Where I change classnames and cfgclasses e.g. ["Binocular", 70, "CfgWeapons", 2]. I can buy things without any problem, but I'm not able to sell anything, but binoculas (range finders, laser designators...). The same thing doesn't work for clothes => Can buy, but cannot sell.

I need help, I'm trying to set up UGV whic should guard object, but I want to make UGV's enemy to all other entities. Same thing like Haleks do with renegades. Problem N1 is that I'm not able to set armed UGV to civilian side (if I could change the side to CIV, I should be able to addRating -xxxxx and problem should be solved). Problem N2: If I set up OPFOR UGV and addRating -10 000; Red raiders fire on the UGV, but UGV doesn't fire back on them.

has not been around for a while, can someone explain me what is AI Looters system? thank you

On 12/21/2019 at 1:46 PM, Hans(z) said:

I need help, I'm trying to set up UGV whic should guard object, but I want to make UGV's enemy to all other entities. Same thing like Haleks do with renegades. Problem N1 is that I'm not able to set armed UGV to civilian side (if I could change the side to CIV, I should be able to addRating -xxxxx and problem should be solved). Problem N2: If I set up OPFOR UGV and addRating -10 000; Red raiders fire on the UGV, but UGV doesn't fire back on them.

Are you trying to do that from the editor or are you looking for a script? iirc, BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle allows you to create any vehicle for any side.

I'll take a look at that traders problem, thanks for reporting. 😉 

41 minutes ago, Caites said:

has not been around for a while, can someone explain me what is AI Looters system? thank you

It adds an "EntityKilled" mission EH that forces AI units to loot any ammo they can from their kill - within reason and depending on the situation.

That includes special items such as survival stuff from Ravage.

By the way guys, I've pushed a quick fix for the antirad pills :

Fixed:
Antirad pills potency was affected by protective gear.

This should the last update to wrap up 2019, I'm focusing on a little something for Christmas at the moment, related to one of my other projects... 😉 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

I don't know if it has been reported, but i encountered a bug with CUP buildings: when you loot one, all the buildings of the same type becomes looted.

• Like 1

The Ravage Christmas truce...

DhdbAnw.jpg

Peace and Goodwill to all Ravagers! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, EO said:

The Ravage Christmas truce...

A truly historic day for Arma Ravage...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/22/2019 at 4:21 PM, UnDeaD. said:

I don't know if it has been reported, but i encountered a bug with CUP buildings: when you loot one, all the buildings of the same type becomes looted.

That bug has indeed been reported already, thats only an issue on custom maps though. It's not an issue on base ArmA 3 maps such as: Altis, Tanoa, Malden 2035, Livonia, etc.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2019 at 7:36 PM, ChlckenWlng said:

Are there any active public mulityplayer servers?

The only one I know of is Vandeanson's test server thats running Ravage and Vandeansons Apocalypse. Here's how to join if you're interested: https://discordapp.com/channels/612903766693511178/612907439653650464/657234414215888897

Hi @haleks is there an option to heal up to 100% including injuries on arms and legs. Maybe I'm wrong, but from my experience, I can regain RVG health to 100 by eating/drinking near fireplace, but my character still suffer from injuries on arms (weapon sway) and legs (running slow). In vanila, you can regain up to 75% of the health with FAK. How is  FirsAidKit implemented in RVG?

Question about Ambient Zombie configuration.

Is there somehow I can define that only Ai (NPC) players become zombies after they are killed? (This is with the zombie resurrection turned on) 

It would be good to not include actual Human players. Players seem to be losing their bodies when they die and they turn to Zombies and go walking off 😅, then the garbage collection system cleans them up. Oops. So players would love to have a chance at getting their stuff back when respawning, lol.

Really hate to turn it off as we love playing with it and seeing some of the NPC die and comeback as Zeds. Even when it's PvP people find it interesting. FYI this is on merging with Exile.

Also noticed from time to time that when you kill an NPC it spawns up extra bodies and if the player unloads into the Ai it spawns more of them. I'm going to reproduce later what was reported to me to get a better idea, but I've seen it where there's 5 Ai in a car and you unload on them and what seems like 25 bodies spill out. 

Any ideas as to what could be causing that? 

Server was at one time down to 2-7FPS but after cleaning up some code with the mission and VCOM Ai Side assignment, Server FPS is back to 40's+. So maybe the FPS caused a part of it I'm assuming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NutzMcKracken said:

Is there somehow I can define that only Ai (NPC) players become zombies after they are killed? (This is with the zombie resurrection turned on) 

It would be good to not include actual Human players. Players seem to be losing their bodies when they die and they turn to Zombies and go walking off 😅, then the garbage collection system cleans them up. Oops. So players would love to have a chance at getting their stuff back when respawning, lol.

Really hate to turn it off as we love playing with it and seeing some of the NPC die and comeback as Zeds. Even when it's PvP people find it interesting. FYI this is on merging with Exile.

Also noticed from time to time that when you kill an NPC it spawns up extra bodies and if the player unloads into the Ai it spawns more of them. I'm going to reproduce later what was reported to me to get a better idea, but I've seen it where there's 5 Ai in a car and you unload on them and what seems like 25 bodies spill out. 

Server was at one time down to 2-7FPS but after cleaning up some code with the mission and VCOM Ai Side assignment, Server FPS is back to 40's+. So maybe the FPS caused a part of it I'm assuming.

I noticed the same exact bug that you noticed once, but at the time I thought it was a script acting up. Very interesting stuff indeed.

Most likely has something to do with the dead bodies reviving to a zombie. My best guess. Turn that feature off and see if you still have the problems with bodies spawning.

Hi guys! Finally figured out how to get sounds to activate on triggers, so my custom missions will have a bit more flavour! Already been updating them. Expect a few spooks and Easter eggs in the future.

Just a quick question, but I'm having a glitch where the holster action works but using the scroll wheel to take out a weapon after doesn't. Also, I found an A-frame tent that allowed me to store gear, and I believe I'm allowed to sleep in it too, but it doesn't let me. I'm still using the old Ravage modules on the map but I've opened all of them to make sure they're up to date (Which they appeared to be but I'm probably wrong). I'm guessing I'll have to replace the modules with new ones and that'll work? It's been a while and I'm out of the loop on some changes (AI camps, woohoo!)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Also, I found an A-frame tent that allowed me to store gear, and I believe I'm allowed to sleep in it too, but it doesn't let me. I'm still using the old Ravage modules on the map but I've opened all of them to make sure they're up to date (Which they appeared to be but I'm probably wrong). I'm guessing I'll have to replace the modules with new ones and that'll work? It's been a while and I'm out of the loop on some changes (AI camps, woohoo!)

You might also have to update the "Usable Beds" array in the Survival Module. ^^

Nice to see you back on the forum bud! ☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2020 at 2:37 AM, NutzMcKracken said:

Hi!

I'm afraid it's not possible to exclude players from the 'turn' feature at the moment. But I've received a similar request for the 'AI Looters' feature and I'll push a small update soon(ish) to make life easier for mission makers.

But before I tweak the Zed resurrection thing, I could certainly use more data on that glitch. 😉 

Does it happen on bodies inside vehicles only? Low framerate may be part of the problem, but I wanna make sure I ain't missing something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, haleks said:

Hi!

I'm afraid it's not possible to exclude players from the 'turn' feature at the moment. But I've received a similar request for the 'AI Looters' feature and I'll push a small update soon(ish) to make life easier for mission makers.

But before I tweak the Zed resurrection thing, I could certainly use more data on that glitch. 😉 

Does it happen on bodies inside vehicles only? Low framerate may be part of the problem, but I wanna make sure I ain't missing something.

When the bug happened to me, the ai were not in vehicles. They were just chilling in the middle of a field, and when I killed each of them, bodies started pouring out, and my fps dropped down to like 3 until the bodies stopped spawning.

Here's a screenshot of what it looked like: CC5DECA0E46B1049919567222C8EEEE8134AD525

• Thanks 1

Just messing around on the Esseker mission. Got a looped sound script working so the southern bar now has chill music playing 24/7, which'll be great for making chillout zones where the player can relax, read up on intel and plan their next move, kind of like what the MISERY mod for Call of Pripyat had. Really enjoying how I can change the mood of a mission just by doing stuff like that. I can do a lot more of the triggers too, courtesy of ALIAS and Jboy and his dog scripts. The end goal is to have players play my missions and always have that sense of apprehension of never really knowing just what is going to come at them. That sound could be ambient or it could be the Strigoi coming to rip their face off >:D

By the way, the zombies hearing sounds is a great touch. Being able to lure out a horde of them by firing a shot at the edge of town and sneaking in around them is great. I was watching a firefight a while back and the guys shooting managed to lure about 20 running zombies to them. It looked like a mosh pit of blood and screaming, with the bolters literally climbing over the other zombies to get to them. Ravage has really turned into something else over these past years, it's incredible.

• Like 5

Hey haleks, big fan of Ravage as I use it in about all the scenarios I make and cleverly implemented most elements into my favourite Escape missions. Quick question. I used to be able to get RHS and CUP equipment to spawn just fine in any Ravage-related mission just fine about a 8 months ago. Has something changed in the loot tables since then? Is it true that the zeds will no longer spawn with loot? Do I need designate which items will spawn in the loot table module? Does Ravage contain RHS, Warfare Thai mod, Frifth's Ruin, CUP Weapons, ect items in the mod itself, or must those be enabled to pull from (I've been unsuccessful in this measure.) the loot pool. Any info you could share with me would be entirely helpful.