Sign in to follow this  
drebin052

Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

or the project lead just so happens to be both vacationing in China and feeding the speculation on purpose, but not as an announced ARG.

Fair enough.

Don't expect the new map to be a huge city unless you like to play constantly with low fps...

They said that they already choose the terrain (before DNA went on vacation). Would be more useful to send a map designer/maker instead of the project manager don't you think?

As always now, don't get high hopes ;)

Sahrani was good: big map and several cities with some big ones

Still, I'm putting my money on a place like Hong Kong!

If it's Hong Kong, maybe we'll get to see some more BAF dudes working alongside the US (maybe US Marines.)

I'm hoping they make bigger ships for the Pacific. Seriously, how can you have combat in the Pacific without ships? At least like a simple gunboat for off-shore fire support.

Yeah, Brits are something to hope for. Also maybe South Koreans, Japanese, or ANZAC, but I wouldn't be so sure that BI would have time for those as more than small infantry groups like OA, and how limited KSK was. I don't know though, maybe in the Armaverse SEATO united all the nations in the Pacific as one so it's just one big mixed army. Still, it seems like we need more information. BI, send ambiguous pics of the new terrain you're working on pls.

Edited by Kilroy the Nerd
slightly less rambling

I expect it to be an Asian terrain. though, Hong Kong would be nice, i doubt it'll be industrial Asia. Probably more in the country side and mountainous regions is what i'd really love to see. How about those death roads above a winding river, and your navigating your Hemtt of 4 squads who are all yelling in the back about how close you are to falling off.

So after finally finishing the campaign, and afterwards deciding to do the prologue aswell, I have to say. I felt more connected to Conway and Adams than I felt for Kerry xD. I'd love for them to play a role, or even become playable again in the expansion. The banter and face to face conversations they have with each other, even in those few training missions, made them way more relatable imo.

Speculations about an expansion? Like many others I hope it's something like China, taking the fight to them eventually.

I'd also love to have a more modern cityscape type area for some urban combat, although I reckon that it's gonna be a performance hog if they're gonna remodell Hong Kong or something xD.

Maybe have an aircraft carrier fleet off the coast, which would allow the use of the big tank transport boats, get the marines in the fold, naval bombardments etc.

So after finally finishing the campaign, and afterwards deciding to do the prologue aswell, I have to say. I felt more connected to Conway and Adams than I felt for Kerry xD. I'd love for them to play a role, or even become playable again in the expansion. The banter and face to face conversations they have with each other, even in those few training missions, made them way more relatable imo.

i totally agree with you, but

Adams died remember? he stepped on a landmine in the second mission... and Conway was with Kerry when the Stratis incident happened, so i guess he's either KIA or MIA.

i guess we'll just have to wait for some more interesting characters in the expansion.

ArmA III : Dragon Rising or ArmA III : Dragon Teeth or ArmA III : China Rising?

i totally agree with you, but

Adams died remember? he stepped on a landmine in the second mission... and Conway was with Kerry when the Stratis incident happened, so i guess he's either KIA or MIA.

i guess we'll just have to wait for some more interesting characters in the expansion.

Aaaah right. Played the first campaign day of the dev release, so didn't remember it was him (to long ago:P). Glad to see someone paying attention xD

Actually Conway was not with Kerry when the Stratis Incident happened. He's not KIA or MIA, because he becomes either Alpha or Bravo team leader, if I remember right. Adams is definitely dead though.

For a name, if they're containing the CSAT offensive, maybe it would be called Operation Caging Dragon?

If it's a mountainous Asian terrain, it's gonna have to be in Japan or Korea. Because unless we're actually going to be the special forces this time, it's highly unlikely that we get to go fight in China unless you count Taiwan. Come to think of it, I feel like combat in Hong Kong would be too unlikely, given how close it is to the mainland. It'd be hugged by CSAT like a boa constrictor since it's under Chinese control at the time. I still want a campaign on Jeju island though. Maybe ROK wasn't expecting an amphibious assault and got quickly overran by CSAT all the way until they were run into an island pocket. Like a switched around modern landing of Inchon.

Edited by Kilroy the Nerd

Actually Conway was not with Kerry when the Stratis Incident happened. He's not KIA or MIA, because he becomes either Alpha or Bravo team leader, if I remember right. Adams is definitely dead though.

For a name, if they're containing the CSAT offensive, maybe it would be called Operation Caging Dragon?

If it's a mountainous Asian terrain, it's gonna have to be in Japan or Korea. Because unless we're actually going to be the special forces this time, it's highly unlikely that we get to go fight in China unless you count Taiwan. Come to think of it, I feel like combat in Hong Kong would be too unlikely, given how close it is to the mainland. It'd be hugged by CSAT like a boa constrictor since it's under Chinese control at the time. I still want a campaign on Jeju island though. Maybe ROK wasn't expecting an amphibious assault and got quickly overran by CSAT all the way until they were run into an island pocket. Like a switched around modern landing of Inchon.

Maybe you should put that behind spoiler tags, just in case. :)

In the spoiler.

However Kerry is the only surviving US guy (from the group he end up at Maxwell, Conway becomes your squad leader and if he isn't killed in any of the missions he's killed at the very end of the campaign when the boats get attacked. (Assuming he doesn't wash up somewhere else but I've never seen him survive to the end, generally it's only me who survives Tipping Point.)

new chinese rifle zh05? the light oicw hehhehehe would be awesome

hhJ3XYp.jpg

Wonder if the setting will be Basta Island?

http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/company/developers-blog/233-from-flashpoint-to-arma

Supposed to be in Game 2 (Which became Arma2) with Chernarus, Takistan.

There was also a forum post somewhere (I cant find it) with a very basic height map of it and a description of its a jungle type island.

I don't know how much development went into but they could dust it off for Arma 3 exspansion.

Wonder if the setting will be Basta Island?

http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/company/developers-blog/233-from-flashpoint-to-arma

Supposed to be in Game 2 (Which became Arma2) with Chernarus, Takistan.

There was also a forum post somewhere (I cant find it) with a very basic height map of it and a description of its a jungle type island.

I don't know how much development went into but they could dust it off for Arma 3 exspansion.

Here you go: Basta Heightmap

Gallery of other "Game 2" pictures

Article about BI (source of above information)

Really Hope the Marksmen DLC puts a heavy emphasis on realism and depth just like the Helicopter DLC seems to with its new flight model.

Angular elevation adjustments (aka Moa/Mil scope adjustments no more silly 100m adjustments) , Wind, Spin Drift, Coriolis Effect, Bullet instability when transonic , Bipod Deployment.

Along with that a Realistic wounding, injury system where the soldiers are no longer bullet sponges like they currently are would be fantastic.

Here is to hoping they treat the Marksmen DLC with the same amount of dedication to realism as they are the Helicopter DLC.

I really wish BI could give us some more hints.

If Marksmen DLC will be like Helicopter DLC, it will be an improvement, but still hardly real life. I doubt BI would improve wounding system for Marksmen DLC, unless it's just a change bundled with, but I would hope they'd finally make it so I can shoot through people. Like the Canadian sniper who killed two insurgents with one 12.7x99mm bullet. It's strange when a tank shell can penetrate everything except a person's back. Wind is already in A3, we just need to be able to measure and adjust for it. I'm gonna be really sad if BI doesn't add bipods or weapon resting. They're a dream feature of the BI community, and if they're adding sling loading and firing from vehicles, weapon resting must come too. Right?

What do you guys think about SP content of the next DLC and expansion?

I bet they will introduce showcase for both DLC to introduce the new features, but I don't expect much more.

I wonder whether there will be a mission such as this one

Anyway, we still dunno where the expansion will be (I just guess the map will be smaller than Altis), but I hope they will make a proper storydriven campaign with NO guerilla phase.

IMHO, ArmA 2 and 3 miss army only missions. I mean in both games, more than 50% of the campaign was guerilla, with no CAS support, chopper insertion/extraction, tank and APC, etc...

I fear they will do such guerilla missions to show the sandbox style, make a smaller campaign (not long enough) with the player always in command and no diversity (like always infantry guy leading a group of guerilla).

What's your opinion? Do you think I'm right? And would you like such things?

I fear they will do such guerilla missions to show the sandbox style, make a smaller campaign (not long enough) with the player always in command and no diversity (like always infantry guy leading a group of guerilla).

Bleh, I hope not. OA's campaign was ruined because they turned it into an extended showcase with you alternating between a bunch of troops who just happen to be friends.

A serious campaign that takes as long as A2 vanilla, has primarily OFP combined arms-oriented missions and a few PMC-style small team missions would be nice.

A2 campaign was not long. What made feel it long was the search-the-whole-map thing + the dumb warfare missions (took more than 60% of it).

I prefered the 1st mission of A2, was much more interesting (sneak in a village to destroy coms + urban warfare to take the city). After all, it was just crap.

A2OA could have been interesting if it had been longer, like CWC campaign - in which you also had different roles, but it was better made.

So people do actually play and like the Campaigns ?

I always ignored them and just saw Arma as a mp platform.