Sign in to follow this  
drebin052

Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

Expansion? Well in that case i call Italy, or some Asian lands. There will be more civilian involvement, showcases will be there, and another campaign is questionable. New feature's, no idea since all the new ones i can think of are coming from the 2 DLC's. However, there may be a large boost in content.

What about Guam http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guam. Perhaps the new campaign could drop in after the initial attack by CSAT in the pacific, and revolves around the US and its allies trying to hold onto their last major forward base there. Tell me this wouldn't be a fun settinghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Guam_ali_2011364_lrg.jpg :cool:

Edited by Odie0351
Fixing idiotic Measurement mistakes lol

What about Guam http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guam, I know its kinda small and would take some serious story telling liberties to be practical but I think it would be a good idea. Perhaps the new campaign could drop in after the initial attack by CSAT in the pacific, and revolves around the US and its allies trying to hold onto their last major forward base there. Tell me this wouldn't be a fun settinghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Guam_ali_2011364_lrg.jpg :cool: Maybe to make up for the island itself being smaller than Altis they could make the water around it significantly larger to make more room for naval engagements with all the new ships and subs BI is going to add...wishful thinking I know :p

According to the Wikipedia page you linked to, the island is more than twice the size of Altis (actually, it's just around 0.3 km2 bigger than twice the size of Altis), so I don't see how it's "kinda small". Care to explain?

OOPS! Yeah Im an idiot and compared them wrong:o damn you English measurements lol

In my defense though it would still be reasonable if BI did the same as with Lemnos and downsized it a bit.

OOPS! Yeah Im an idiot and compared them wrong:o damn you English measurements lol

In my defense though it would still be reasonable if BI did the same as with Lemnos and downsized it a bit.

Yeah, Guam makes quite a lot of sense for a map. It has a few of military bases and some very cool-looking places such as the whatever-it's-called at the south. It also has three (or two? not sure) airfields.

I wonder though, what's the climate like there? Wikipedia describes it as some kind of tropical climate.

We already have mediterian map..what about succesor of Takistan mybe?

I think it has a possiblitay of being a Korean DMZ type map including the DMZ and parts of each country

Yeah, Guam makes quite a lot of sense for a map. It has a few of military bases and some very cool-looking places such as the whatever-it's-called at the south. It also has three (or two? not sure) airfields.

I wonder though, what's the climate like there? Wikipedia describes it as some kind of tropical climate.

Think its just your typical breezy 70 to 80ish probably not too humid tropical Island;) also I believe I read somewhere in the wiki page that its had a lot of deforestation and such, not sure to what amount though. If I'm not mistaken, which is a good possibility at this point:o, I'm seeing four airfields. Anderson Air Force base to the north east, the airfield at the Naval Base to the west, the airport in the upper center, and what appears to be a small airfield at the northern most tip of the island. On the subject of practicality for the story line, it is a major intersection for American naval forces in the pacific, and may possibly soon have a lot more Sailors and Marines stationed there in the not too distant future.

I think it has a possiblitay of being a Korean DMZ type map including the DMZ and parts of each country

That would be cool. To be honest, i'm ok with the maps they've made fro us so far. They said the new terrain should be new to us completely. So i hope it's not like any map we've played so far. (Takistan is too over done, we all know what the desert is like. Lets hope for rivers)

They even tried giving him a catchphrase and it still didn't help.

"What the literal fuck!?"

Does Alaska count as being in the North Pacific? That kind of terrain would be pretty different to anything we've seen, and it has the potential for a realistic scenario, what with oil reserves, etc.

Alaska would be great, as that hits home for me.

I've been to Guam. It's nice and breezy part of the year, but balls hot and crazy humid otherwise. I'm still throwing my vote at Ishigaki with Japan Self Defense Forces and CSAT China as an addon.

Alaska would be great, as that hits home for me.

Alaska would be amazing (and imagine snowy version)!

I just hope we will not get another desert/dry map.

I think a nordic landscape would be more appropiate as there are prehistoric and medieval ruins, old wooden churches, maybe some modern fortress would give it more depth.

It would be cool to have a summer version and winter version ( or the inclusion of snow ).

Winter weather implies new uniforms for every class.

Our best bet are the Mariana Islands, last barrier in the American defense (Hawaii) against CSAT. Iron Domes in each island:bounce3:

When in the A2 they released the AO expansion in the desert, BI didn't creat new uniforms for every class in fact they just added the new content ( besides that in A3 most of classes share uniforms ).

Our best bet are the Mariana Islands, last barrier in the American defense (Hawaii) against CSAT. Iron Domes in each island:bounce3:

I would be completely satisfied with a summer version of Alaska.

Edited by Bouben
"of Alaska"

i hope indonesia with jungle and tigerstripes camo....., kopasuss special force with a crazy berets hehehehehe

What about having a Russian Federation vs China (similar to the Sino-Soviet conflict)? We can assume that new powers in Russia will be in place by 2035 which are more pro-Western and China becomes very hungry for Siberian lands. Bohemia can definitely deliver both Asian and 'Chernarus'-esque enviroments and maybe even snow.

What about having a Russian Federation vs China (similar to the Sino-Soviet conflict)? We can assume that new powers in Russia will be in place by 2035 which are more pro-Western and China becomes very hungry for Siberian lands. Bohemia can definitely deliver both Asian and 'Chernarus'-esque enviroments and maybe even snow.

Considering Russia is a CSAT affiliate and is slowly sapping away at Eastern Europe along with China having all the energy it needs from the ME/Africa, BI setting the expansion's story around a conflict between them is unlikely.

Indonesia is a good strategic position with numerous interesting vistas and a rich history.

Considering Russia is a CSAT affiliate and is slowly sapping away at Eastern Europe along with China having all the energy it needs from the ME/Africa, BI setting the expansion's story around a conflict between them is unlikely.

Aaah... Why can't Russians be BLUFOR for once? Maybe one day...

Just want more vehicles and a better SP campaign - I hope, even if it's just an extansion, there will be a singleplayer campaign and at least as long as East Wind...

also i hope to comes back the T100 with rail gun, and a lot of stuff like holographic pc's photonic hardware, radar phased array

I hope, even if it's just an extansion, there will be a singleplayer campaign and at least as long as East Wind...

Personally, I would prefer quality over quantity. What the East Wind campaign sorely lacked wasn't more length, but fleshed out characters that you might actually care about, with actual personalities and idiosyncrasies that make them memorable. BIS did a much better job of this back in Harvest Red (ARMA2) and the OFP campaigns, though Harvest Red obviously suffered in other areas.

Personally, I would prefer quality over quantity. What the East Wind campaign sorely lacked wasn't more length, but fleshed out characters that you might actually care about, with actual personalities and idiosyncrasies that make them memorable. BIS did a much better job of this back in Harvest Red (ARMA2) and the OFP campaigns, though Harvest Red obviously suffered in other areas.

totally agree. there was missing that little spark.