Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

They also posted this image on the official twitter acount

@arma3official

Jeez, I was thinking about the same concept. Brings back memories from the original crysis. The theme would be amazing. :bounce3: So excited!

Name of the new NATO lifter is CH-67 Huron , interesting name isnt it

Edited by RobertHammer

Name of new NATO lifter is CH-67 Huron , interesting name isnt it

Yeah, their explanation about its "stealth" makes sense, i.e. it's not really a stealthy helicopter but it incorporates a few of the features to reduce heat emissions etc. makes sense really because a true stealth helicopter is impossible, that rotor disc makes a massive radar return and a rotor isn't really optional in a helicopter. :D

Name of new NATO lifter is CH-67 Huron , interesting name isnt it

You know the US Army love Indian tribes... Comanche, Apache, Chinook, etc.

Huron is another tribe. A "Pueblo" helo would be funny too.

Forgot the Bell UH-1 Iroquois.

Edited by MistyRonin

Yea i know , US military likes fancy names , here you got one of the real Hurons > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beechcraft_C-12_Huron

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Yeah, their explanation about its "stealth" makes sense, i.e. it's not really a stealthy helicopter but it incorporates a few of the features to reduce heat emissions etc. makes sense really because a true stealth helicopter is impossible, that rotor disc makes a massive radar return and a rotor isn't really optional in a helicopter. :D

Yes and i think it has more Infrared (IR) suppression system against AA heat-seeking missiles like the Comanche has

I'm not gonna complain about it's name, atleast its not something off the wall like "Wipeout". Maybe we'll know what the other bird is by the end of the week;)

A "Pueblo" helo would be funny too.

"All, board that, Pueblo."

How could that happen in arma lol, we can't board a ship let alone capture it :)

What about if North Koreans grabbed onto the sling load ropes of a helicopter and boarded it ?:D

How could that happen in arma lol, we can't board a ship let alone capture it :)

What about if North Koreans grabbed onto the sling load ropes of a helicopter and boarded it ?:D

Party pooper! :p

Party pooper!
Actually, if it's appropriately modeled (read: roadway LODs) and configured you can... and while fast-roping isn't planned by BI (they've stated this repeatedly) you could still land a helo onto a ship with enough clearance. Unfortunately, without PhysX support for appropriate friction between units and moving ships you'd be stuck with static (or driveable-but-currently-at-0 km/h) ships, which gameplay-wise isn't that different from landing and debarking troops on a building... though this is not meant to discourage anyone who's fine with a static ship scenario.

The CH-67 Huron is a twin-engine, tandem rotor heavy-lift helicopter. It is a modernized version of the CH-47 Chinook and its primary role is the transportation of troops, vehicles and cargo. The Huron exists in two variants: the armed variant with two side gunners manning 6.5 mm gatling guns, and the transport version which replaces the gunners with two additional passenger positions.

The Mi-290 Taru is a heavy utility helicopter with coaxial rotors and a unique modular construction. Various mission pods allow the Taru to serve many different roles. It can transport cargo, troops, and provide battlefield supplies (ammunition, fuel, repair facilities, and medical equipment). The helicopter can also transport light vehicles thanks to its sling loading capabilities. The latter, sling loading, is a brand new feature in Arma 3, and will be demonstrated in the official Sling Loading showcase scenario, which is included in the Helicopters DLC package.

http://arma3.com/news/arma-3-helicopters-dlc-available-on-november-4th#.VCQUFfmSyiE

The Taru looks like a mix between the S-64 and the Mi-10. Sadly, no mention of any other choppers though. :(

Edited by drebin052

Sadly, no mention of any other choppers though. :(

That's because the DLC itself (free stuff aside) will only contain those two choppers, plus a helicopter-centric MP game mode, showcases and time trials, which - in my personal opinion - is not really enough for the €13 price tag. I was expecting 3 or 4 choppers, but maybe producing high quality content has just become that much more expensive. (I honestly wouldn't know.)

Having purchased the A3 supporter edition I'm not really bothered either way, but I foresee a lot of people being unhappy with the content/price of this DLC. Then again, the new platform features (RTD, FFV and sling loading) are free and purchasing the DLC isn't mandatory for MP compatibility, so people can just "vote with their wallets". For BI's sake I hope enough people buy it to make the dev costs worthwhile, but I have my doubts.

(EDIT: To be clear, I should point out that if you include the new major features into the "value" of this DLC, it does seem to be much more worth the money. I'm just afraid there aren't enough people who are willing to pay just for two helis, since the features are being added for free.)

Edited by MadDogX

13€ for two choppers and a MP mode?! o_O

...And a showcase & a time trial - but frankly, who plays them?

It almost feels like the free features are included in that price - wich makes me wonder why they keep going with the current DLC system : why not work on such features after the DLC and focus on more content (vehicles, weapons etc)?

Update to the engine & game mechanics should be a totally separate thing, IMO.

That's because the DLC itself (free stuff aside) will only contain those two choppers, plus a helicopter-centric MP game mode, showcases and time trials, which - in my personal opinion - is not really enough for the €13 price tag. I was expecting 3 or 4 choppers, but maybe producing high quality content has just become that much more expensive. (I honestly wouldn't know.)

Having purchased the A3 supporter edition I'm not really bothered either way, but I foresee a lot of people being unhappy with the content/price of this DLC. Then again, the new platform features (RTD, FFV and sling loading) are free and purchasing the DLC isn't mandatory for MP compatibility, so people can just "vote with their wallets". For BI's sake I hope enough people buy it to make the dev costs worthwhile, but I have my doubts.

(EDIT: To be clear, I should point out that if you include the new major features into the "value" of this DLC, it does seem to be much more worth the money. I'm just afraid there aren't enough people who are willing to pay just for two helis, since the features are being added for free.)

I do agree on all that. It looks quite expensive to me, but i won't have to buy it so...

Wow, that latest DLC announcement felt so underwhelming. I really want more content in ArmA III, but I will be passing this one for now, at least until it gets a bit cheaper.

Edited by Jinzor

Have to admit that $29 AUD is quite a bit for just two choppers. Then again the Huron looks promising so I'll probably end up getting it anyway.

Now that I think about it, has BI ever added any additional content to a DLC after release?

Isn't that a modified Ka32 or something similar? I think I've seen the real one that comes without the cargo pod.

Dan;2782550']Are we getting some of the pods to go with it I wonder? (we need these items' date=' I miss the old warfare items such as a FARP and field hospital)[/quote']
Various mission pods allow the Taru to serve many different roles. It can transport cargo, troops, and provide battlefield supplies (ammunition, fuel, repair facilities, and medical equipment).

Fear not.

Fear not.

Hopefully we'll get something like this for Blufor and Greenfor too as I miss the old warfare items.