peral

A-10C for Arma 3

Do we know the class name for this?

The class name for the A10 i believe is Peral_A10 otherwise if you go in the editor and go ahead and click on the a10 and where the init line is at the top right it should display the class name

I'm working on a update for the A-10 and I have some WIP pics on the new B-600 Aircraft Tow Tractor I'm working on, I should be done with the towing tractors soon.

2014-03-11_00005_zps501c7e11.jpg2014-03-11_00001_zps71bef3ab.jpg2014-03-11_00004_zpsa6d3288e.jpg2014-03-11_00006_zps257231f6.jpg2014-03-11_00002_zps6c0dd4d3.jpg

looks amazing !! :)

question : do you release your a2 port towing tractor with this together ??

looks amazing !! :)

question : do you release your a2 port towing tractor with this together ??

Yes, the A2 towing tractor will be released with this one.

I was working on a updated version of the A-10 to put out later this year but it looks like BI beat me to the punch with the A-164 Wipeout, my model even looks like the A-164. Maybe I'll try something else. LOL

I was working on a updated version of the A-10 to put out later this year but it looks like BI beat me to the punch with the A-164 Wipeout, my model even looks like the A-164. Maybe I'll try something else. LOL

Maybe instead spend some time refining their flight model/weapons deployment/etc to closer match the detail that your A-10 offers?

Peral, there will be realsim players that will DEFINITELY want to stick to the real thing so don't think people will stop using your mod, we won't !

SJ

Does that mean your gonna drop the project? That's a damn shame, if you ask me. BI could never get close to what you've already achieved.

Edit: Nevermind, I panicked for a moment, I thought you meant that you were gonna be done with modding the A10 altogether. However after seeing the picture of the A-164, I think you could do better. The engines look a little funky to me :P. Otherwise maybe it would be an idea to just make an updated cockpit for the A-164?

Edited by CyclonicTuna

So, the new CSAT CAS jet is a YAK-130 clone and the NATO CAS jet is a C&C (or End War, any futurish RTS game) version of the A-10? How creative BIS... tsc tsc...

I agree with CyclonicTuna, just make an updated cockpit for the A-164...

;2642382']So' date=' the new CSAT CAS jet is a YAK-130 clone and the NATO CAS jet is a C&C (or End War, any futurish RTS game) version of the A-10? How creative BIS... tsc tsc...

I agree with CyclonicTuna, just make an updated cockpit for the A-164...[/quote']

I'm not taking credit by any means but I requested Peral a while back on the A10C develpment thread if he would consider doing a futuristic version of the A10 at some point called the A10D or A10E. I then posted a picture of the WC AB-11, as source of inspiration:

DLC_Content_Bomber.jpg

Which is a futuristic version of the A10 that was part of a DLC for Frontlines Fuel Of War , which came out in 2008. And the new A-164 looks like an exact copy of it if you ask me, except for maybe the wings. I wouldn't even suprised me if the BI approached KAOS if they could lend their model. I personally think that Peral could've come up with something similair but better looking.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

As long as Peral continues to polish and refine his A-10C, I'll keep flying it. <3

I wouldn't even suprised me if the BI approached KAOS if they could lend their model.

I don't think that they used the KAOS model. the detail on the BI one is more in depth and less rounded on the curves.

I don't think that they used the KAOS model. the detail on the BI one is more in depth and less rounded on the curves.

Well I'm not saying they actually did, Its just the resemblance is so striking. I can hardly imagine that they came up with that model without knowing about the one used in Frontlines Fuel of War.

Well I'm not saying they actually did, Its just the resemblance is so striking. I can hardly imagine that they came up with that model without knowing about the one used in Frontlines Fuel of War.

I think that it's entirely possible that it comes from people suggesting even way back then that the new CAS jet could be like the one in Frontlines. This is possibly the devs listening to feedback on what the people wanted.

Or it could be totally random, I don't know.

BIS logic:

If we take the A10, smooth and sharpen some edges, and make a different camo pattern is future! This is war!

BIS logic:

If we take the A10, smooth and sharpen some edges, and make a different camo pattern is future! This is war!

Seems legit!

Did the seagull thing but now my joystick doesn't work anymore? it works with other planes and helicopters just not this one... any ideas?

Well it's not too far of reality that the navy would love to keep the a-10 around, even if it's not much use now. With some revising they could probably fit into a role they need, and it's not like it matters anyway. Arma 3 is not "futurey" enough for it needing to be much different than a modern day jet.

..a futuristic version of the A10 that was part of a DLC for Frontlines Fuel Of War , which came out in 2008. And the new A-164 looks like an exact copy of it if you ask me, except for maybe the wings.

Whilst it might be the case, it does sound rather supsect when you say "It looks just like this plane, apart from the wings". Arguably that plane looks just like the A-10 barring the wings! I don't think attempting to streamline that chunky Imperium-of-Man-esque design that the A-10 has is a particularly 'unique' or silly idea to one company, and is likely bourne from most of the flying side of the Arma fanbase wistfully looking at the A-10 and already missing it.

Regardless of where the Wipeout's design originated, I do hope this mod continues. It's been interesting for a guy like me who's not really done flight sims before, and whilst manually refuelling it and awkwardly looking at the throttle to get the menu to pop up can be a bit frustrating, it's definitely been fun! Really would love to see what else you can make it all do :D

Did the latest dev branch update break the cockpit controls?

Edit: also, any idea when you'll be fixing the cockpit RVMATs so that the cockpit would receive direct lighting?

Did the latest dev branch update break the cockpit controls?

Edit: also, any idea when you'll be fixing the cockpit RVMATs so that the cockpit would receive direct lighting?

I honestly don't understand why people play dev branch in the first place. There's no advantage to gain from it and it breaks pretty much everything.

I honestly don't understand why people play dev branch in the first place. There's no advantage to gain from it and it breaks pretty much everything.

I like bleeding edge and I don't really play multiplayer, so why not? I just gave a heads up, that's all. Never had any other problem really.

Uh, how about early access to Zeus, new content such as 2 new jets and a truck, a campaign episode, and other experimental additions such as the AV camera etc..