peral

A-10C for Arma 3

I really don't know what you're talking about, it is a scream. Pretty much any plane makes a scream when it flies past, except for maybe an old fashioned piston prop. But it sounds pretty accurate to me:

Edited by CyclonicTuna

It is sacred or something? I just don't like it ;p

You could always make your own A-10 and put the sounds that you like in there..just a suggestion

You could always make your own A-10 and put the sounds that you like in there..just a suggestion

Well he doesn't even have to make a new A-10. You could just mod the excisting soundfiles for personal use only.

Yep, that's the way. Hours of work just to make a new mod from scratch, instead of changing on small (but still unknown to me) thing, to make it better suited for personal taste. Is my question so much insulting, or is it just pure malice just for trolling and fun? ;)

Yep, that's the way. Hours of work just to make a new mod from scratch, instead of changing on small (but still unknown to me) thing, to make it better suited for personal taste. Is my question so much insulting, or is it just pure malice just for trolling and fun? ;)

Well that's exactly the thing, changing it for your personal taste. Kind of selfish to ask, let alone the fact you don't seem to comprehend how much time and effort goes into creating a mod, especially if its of such high quality as this one. Besides, you don't need to use all those words to get a point across. All you have to say is: "Hey I don't really like such and such, do you think you can change it?".

But seriously go ahead and try to change one thing, just one little thing about this mod, the sound. I honestly encourage you, not trolling. And see how long it takes you, then realize that its but a fraction of the work Peral actually puts into the mod, and then read your original comment again.

There's no rule that states you can't modify it for personal taste, but at least have the courtesy to ask first, and if you do, don't be so neglecting. No one is angry with you, its just a respect thing.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

I know, that he made hell of the job. It's not forbidden however to temper with files for your own needs. I'm not asking anyone to change it for me- just to tell me how to do it myself. Gosh..

I know, that he made hell of the job. It's not forbidden however to temper with files for your own needs. I'm not asking anyone to change it for me- just to tell me how to do it myself. Gosh..

Then let me reform you comment for you: "Hey Peral, I'm really enjoying your addon, but I'm not quite satisfied with the sound. Do you think you could help me modify the sound to my own needs?". See? No nasty words of sarcastic remarks needed ;)

And if you're lucky, and Peral thinks you've actually made an improvement, he'll make it part of the public mod, and your name will be in the credits. And that's how a community works :D!

Than this community has a different sense of respect than I do. I do not like to treat adult people like unstable children, ready for rage outburst if not treaded lightly, spelled correctly (it's not my native language) and kept in other restrictions inadequate to place, topic and , peaceful by the way, intentions. That's disgraceful alright, and people should not be offended so easily, but thats a tale for another time. Please, can we get over it already?

Than this community has a different sense of respect than I do. I do not like to treat adult people like unstable children, ready for rage outburst if not treaded lightly, spelled correctly (it's not my native language) and kept in other restrictions inadequate to place, topic and , peaceful by the way, intentions. That's disgraceful alright, and people should not be offended so easily, but thats a tale for another time. Please, can we get over it already?

Better to adapt your sense of respect to the common sense present in this community. You don't have to treat anyone like unstable children but like human beings would be nice. In the meanwhile, make sure you have read this.

So now, back to topic, shall we?

I'm not going to continue this discussion any further because we're getting offtopic, just this reply and the rest will have to be PM's if that's necessary.

Its not about being offended easily, its about communication. Its imperetive as a community that we follow certain rules these are defined by the moderators. But there are also other rules that are harder to define and write down, that are part of the social structure.

You see when you write a comment, I can't hear your voice, or see your face or maybe there are grammatical hick ups that make you sound like a total douche even if that's not your intention. And this is a lesson I have learned the hard way because I myself am someone who is not afraid of using... coulerfull languege, to state my opinion. I always tell people that I might be harsh, but honest, and that honesty is more important.

This might be true but it does not mean that everyone here knows that, and that I can just keep on being the sarcastic cursing animal I am in real life.

So, it is really important that if you want to make something clear, you do so by substantiating. Its often good to start your sentince by saying "in my opinion", "I believe that". To let people know you've actually tought about it and are not rambeling away. And then instead of saying "I want" or "you should", try saying "would it be possible to", "could you try to", to let people know you're not commanding but asking.

These are just some precautions you can take, and this way you're communicating, and getting your point across just as well. Let people know why you're thinking the way you're thinking. Substantiate, and you'll see that people will be very helpfull.

Your question has been answered:

1. Change the sound yourself (for personal uses only, of course) OR...

2. Start your own A-10C mod.

How? If you can't find reliable information on how to change a couple sounds for a vehicle, then you can create a thread here asking for help.

Like I said, i changed a sound file, but original sound is still present.

Well as Phronk, said perhaps ask in the Configs and Scripting section Or ask Peral and he maybe willing to help you.

Aside from my strong strong strong desire for the RWR to be added to this aircraft I do want to thank you guys for getting the gun sounds right with this mod... That is the one thing that bugs the hell out of me with so many Gatling guns in Arma is they sound nothing like it...... BOI really dropped the ball in that department.

What's the use of an RWR? Arma doesnt even have a propperly modelled radar system...

Agree on the gun :D

I miss hud, but I guess it's for more realism ;)

Edited by Shipbreaker

I miss hud, but I guess it's for more realism ;)

Yeah, if you hadn't noticed already, this is kind of a hardcore mod :P. Peral disabeled the Arma HUD for extra immersion.

And this is quite interesting idea, however I need to use zoom in cocpit to see all instruments ;p Pilot should have huge magnifying instead of glass visor in is helmet ;p

Any updates peral about 0.3? Will there be another ammo for the gun? More exploding stuff? :P

Any updates peral about 0.3? Will there be another ammo for the gun? More exploding stuff? :P

Peral is busy with Real World stuff. When he's free im sure he will update but please dont ask about updates. Thanks

@Peral, if you need help with the 30x173mm Ballistics for the GAU/8 Avenger let me know I would be happy to assist.

I cant hear any missile, gun, or "gear up" sounds. please help. The sounds do not play. does it have anytihng to do with sound sources?

I cant hear any missile, gun, or "gear up" sounds. please help. The sounds do not play. does it have anytihng to do with sound sources?

This is because of the latest ArmA 3 update.