peral

A-10C for Arma 3

Am still having the issue where the custom 20 button wont work at all, i can revert to the old version of the A-10 and it works perfectly, but as soon as i go to the newest version it dosent work, my custom 20 button is / on my numpad, anyone know how to fix this or?
It is not "custom 20" anymore, It is under: controls -> development -> seagulf fast forward, ( it is the last entry)

You need to enable weapon crosshair in Elite difficulty setting to get the white rectangle and diamond on lockon. If weapon crosshair is disabled you will only get the green diamond on lock.

when we do so, the groundpacks, has a crosshair too, but thats not our choise of play...

on the f18-mod the hud is working fine on elite, without change the settings...

also a radar-warning-system would be nice...cause of AA-missles

Edited by Paramedic256

Thanks for the update Peral.

On the most recent version, I am getting a script error upon detonation of the MK82, something about the "cloudlets". Any ideas?

It's not just the A-10, it's global, i.e John Spartan's/Saul's F/A-18, AT4 on my laptop, not a problem with this specific mod.

I get MASSIVE FPS drop when the GAU lets rip. I'm running JSRS and Blastcore, so i assume that's causing the issue, can anyone else replicate? Would be a shame to lose either them or the mod....

SJ

i tried to reproduce it... without blastcore :'( it works fine for me now

i tried to reproduce it... without blastcore :'( it works fine for me now

It's a blastcore issue. Noticed the problem when the A-10 was first released.

So we need to know which effect(s) it's using so it can be reported to OS to fix. Unless, of course, it's bugged and using the wrong/too many particle effects for the cannon.

It's a blastcore issue. Noticed the problem when the A-10 was first released.

So we need to know which effect(s) it's using so it can be reported to OS to fix. Unless, of course, it's bugged and using the wrong/too many particle effects for the cannon.

I thought as much... My systems old, but Beefy. 4Ghz I7920 12G Ram with SLI 570GTX so eats most Arma 3 issues with ease. This is definitely a "script - backlog" issue i think with whatever the Explosion effect that the A10 is using for the GAU-8 Being a particularly heavy one for Blastcore to replicate.

I guess a config could be produced to play every 10'th round impact or something similar ? what do you think ?

My instinct is that getting OS to change blastcore will be harder than getting Peral to tweak the A-10 (reason being OS is not really modding at the moment - I understand he's burnt out and frustrated by the process needed with Particle effects)

I thought as much... My systems old, but Beefy. 4Ghz I7920 12G Ram with SLI 570GTX so eats most Arma 3 issues with ease. This is definitely a "script - backlog" issue i think with whatever the Explosion effect that the A10 is using for the GAU-8 Being a particularly heavy one for Blastcore to replicate.

OS and I sorta talked about this, the thing that still needs to be fixed is the fact that OS used cutom classes for some of the particle fx, these have to be integrated with the regular classes for explosions, bullet impacts etc in Arma 3, so they load the balstcore effect properly. That doesn't happen right now, they're seperate. That's why you always get an error message when firing something in the editor using blastcore. And its also the reason why the blastcore fx don't look right when used in conjunction with another mod.

However, OS said that he'd most likely fix that in the next update, which than would probably aslo be the last update.

OS and I sorta talked about this, the thing that still needs to be fixed is the fact that OS used cutom classes for some of the particle fx, these have to be integrated with the regular classes for explosions, bullet impacts etc in Arma 3, so they load the balstcore effect properly. That doesn't happen right now, they're seperate. That's why you always get an error message when firing something in the editor using blastcore. And its also the reason why the blastcore fx don't look right when used in conjunction with another mod.

However, OS said that he'd most likely fix that in the next update, which than would probably aslo be the last update.

thats good to hear :)

I guess a config could be produced to play every 10'th round impact or something similar ? what do you think ?

My instinct is that getting OS to change blastcore will be harder than getting Peral to tweak the A-10 (reason being OS is not really modding at the moment - I understand he's burnt out and frustrated by the process needed with Particle effects)

I'm using the Arma 3 ExploAmmoExplosion particularly effect.

Hmm thanks for the detail Peral - so that is what needs tweaking for sure on Blastcore... I guess :)

SJ

Ok so I finally downloaded this and played with it for a bit. Getting used to the start-up is tricky. Luckily there are quite a few videos. Some glitches I noticed/want to see if anyone else has:

Once you start the aircraft and throttle up, does anyones aircraft kinda tilt to the left? Does it with me for some odd reason

When turning the battery on, is there some weird Icon that stays on in the middle of the screen that....well it kinda looks like a pile of poo lol.

The CCRP on/off option keeps popping up randomly like I'm bringing the user action key with my mousewheel, but I'm not.

Other than that, really cool. Eventually I'll try to actually blow some stuff up with it lol

Ok so I finally downloaded this and played with it for a bit. Getting used to the start-up is tricky. Luckily there are quite a few videos. Some glitches I noticed/want to see if anyone else has:

Once you start the aircraft and throttle up, does anyones aircraft kinda tilt to the left? Does it with me for some odd reason

When turning the battery on, is there some weird Icon that stays on in the middle of the screen that....well it kinda looks like a pile of poo lol.

The CCRP on/off option keeps popping up randomly like I'm bringing the user action key with my mousewheel, but I'm not.

Other than that, really cool. Eventually I'll try to actually blow some stuff up with it lol

The icons not a pile of poo, it's a icon of the canopy for the canopy open and close user action.

The icons not a pile of poo, it's a icon of the canopy for the canopy open and close user action.

Ooooh lol my bad man.

What about the tipping to the left? Is that a known issue or am I the only one with this issue?

played in dedicated server

not sure it's repawn script bug but when i respawn and take another a 10 by mcc 3d editor, VVS or scirpted respawned one

it's turn the engine on automatically with out start up procedure, i touch nothing but only get in to a 10 and some how i have to click twice for each pannel control so i can flip the buttons

and still really laggy when i shoot gau 8 in vanila, it dosen't matter i shoot my self or watching some one shooting.

Did something changed in the startup procedure since v0.1 ? I wasnt able to startup the jet like i did it in v0.1

The crosshair action has changed to seagull fast forward under the development controls tab.

The crosshair action has changed to seagull fast forward under the development controls tab.

Default of that being E on my end. Which is nice.

Just wanted to share.... I can't fly for Toffee - but some of my Colleagues Can...

Nice vid! It's too bad you guys didn't have some on the ground footage to mix in there too :)

I agree, It's actually more impressive from the ground !!

Hi, I host a server with two A-10C

you can test it on: EUROPE DEDICATED SERVER FUN 100-Mbit 7x24 (A-10C + AH64 + Mi-48)

Oscar goes to ... Peral, great work thank you :thanx:

Like the Mod! but have an issue with the sound, when the jet is crashed and you respawn, Alt tab out and back in,for example the jet sound never goes away. Just curious if any one else is having the same issue?

played in dedicated server

not sure it's repawn script bug but when i respawn and take another a 10 by mcc 3d editor, VVS or scirpted respawned one

it's turn the engine on automatically with out start up procedure, i touch nothing but only get in to a 10 and some how i have to click twice for each pannel control so i can flip the buttons

With regards to this comment. I get the same results by placing 2 A10s on the map, starting one and then jumping in the other. I also find that sometimes after respawn the aircraft doesn't "auto-start" and I can't start it with the normal start up proceedure. Its a bit of game breaker atm, so I'm really looking forward to a fix.

Thanks again for all your hard work Peral. Its very much appreciated.