peral

A-10C for Arma 3

Nica mod! Very detailed and realistic! If your plane is like that, i wanna see what you can do with just a rifle like a m4! ;)

AFAIK MCC uses scripts to drop bombs etc. So the aircraft is just passing by and then MCC spawns the bombs mid-air.

I know what MCC does, I was just stating MCC works.

I know what MCC does, I was just stating MCC works.

Yeah but wouldnt it be better if the A10 could fight "on its own"? As it is now my wingmen doesnt attack tanks other than with the cannon. And I´m using the old version ignoring the open canopy until it gets fixed so please put it on yer list sir :) And i like the CAS-module.

Yeah but wouldnt it be better if the A10 could fight "on its own"? As it is now my wingmen doesnt attack tanks other than with the cannon. And I´m using the old version ignoring the open canopy until it gets fixed so please put it on yer list sir :) And i like the CAS-module.

I'll look into it but nothing was changed that would affect AI running CAS.

very nice mod, thx so far. but on elite settings, its impossible to aim/track targets. the "green" standard a3-hud is useless. you need the white rectangle and the diamond on lockon. in regular settings its working fine, but our clan is only playing on elite. pls keep an eye on that "issiue". i know its wip. thx

You need to enable weapon crosshair in Elite difficulty setting to get the white rectangle and diamond on lockon. If weapon crosshair is disabled you will only get the green diamond on lock.

Try using the gunrun in MCC. It was built for ArmA 2 A-10 maybe it will work without adjusments in this wonderfull Addon.

I cannot get this addon to work on a dedicated server and allow a user to connect with it running

Warning Message: Files "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Peral_A10C\addons\peral_a10.pbo", "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Peral_A10C\addons\peral_a10_data.pbo" are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

Can you Release a template so people can make different camos and faces for the service menu?

What about this?..

Can you Release a template so people can make different camos and faces for the service menu?

People have requested similair things on this thread. I think for now what Peral wants to focus on is just finishing the A10. I'm not saying he won't do that, but he probably has other things on his mind right now.

Yeah so i did a little test... 20 AI A10s cant kill 4 tanks. They get shot down.... the Tanks have zero skill, the a10s are maxed. Not ok....

Yeah so i did a little test... 20 AI A10s cant kill 4 tanks. They get shot down.... the Tanks have zero skill, the a10s are maxed. Not ok....

That's something with the AI, I can only config the plane so AI can use it, I can't control what they do. I'll see what I can do but it is very limited.

I do really love the mod :) The Gau 8 is my fave of all time. And your planes have JUST the right sound to it :D

If it helps. The AI seems to favour the GAU 8 instead of the missiles and bombs. As in It uses the GAU all the time and never the missiles or bombs.. And in the old version the CAS module worked perfect. Maybe it is something to do with the new pilot?

I get MASSIVE FPS drop when the GAU lets rip. I'm running JSRS and Blastcore, so i assume that's causing the issue, can anyone else replicate? Would be a shame to lose either them or the mod....

SJ

That's something with the AI, I can only config the plane so AI can use it, I can't control what they do. I'll see what I can do but it is very limited.

But there has to be something.. Because when I use the saul's F/A 18s as CAS they get the job done. :( oh well if you can't do anything. Guess I'll just have to fly it lol

But there has to be something.. Because when I use the saul's F/A 18s as CAS they get the job done. :( oh well if you can't do anything. Guess I'll just have to fly it lol

Yes exactly. There has to be something. Ive tried removing the bombs to see if the new bombsystem is messed. i tried using ONLY missiles. Nothing works.. It does the dive but no bomb or so ..hardly fires the Gau. It doesnt engage airtargets. Nor does spawning an empty a10 and getting a new pilot. So im thinking it MUST have something to do with the aircraft. The version before was also a bit bad at firing...but it did.

The F/A 18 empties its bays almost directly. I did the test with 4 F-18 and 10 tanks... Almost all tanks went down within a minute.

What I meant was it maybe something else that is causing the problem, but i'm looking into it. If you want to use the F18 for CAS, thats up to you.

What I meant was it maybe something else that is causing the problem, but i'm looking into it. If you want to use the F18 for CAS, thats up to you.

Oh please sir! :D I DO WANT to use the A10. Thank you so much for caring. I do apreciate all the hours you must have put down. I only want to help in all ways i can. Since i feel that AI A10s really are needed for some kickass tankbusting :D

I'm not saying I want to use F18 for CAS.. I'm saying I've used it before you released this and they got the job done. I DO WANT to use the A10 for CAS which is why I am informing you as to why it might be something you could change, but you're right it is possible that it could be something else causing it but who knows lol. I appreciate your work and can't wait for what you bring next!

Nice job, man, though it can't be comparable with the DCS:A-10C..

And in real life, today's news report that the A-10 series would be eliminated by Pentagon due to the cutting budget plan.

So, the A-10 gonna become the history.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Nice job, man, though it can't be comparable with the DCS:A-10C..

And in real life, today's news report that the A-10 series would be eliminated by Pentagon due to the cutting budget plan.

So, the A-10 gonna become the history.

This A-10C is not meant to be comparable with the DCS:A-10C, because I made it for Arma. And yes the Air Force has said they plan to cut the A10 squadrons to cut the budget to pay for new F35s and the cut has been postponed. And I don't think the Air Force is going to eliminate all the A-10s. Because in the long run there is no other CAS aircraft that can do what the A-10 can do. The Air Force says it could save $3.7 billion over three years, key word could. But look at the cost of the two planes, the A-10 cost $13 million, the F35 cost close to $110 million to $150 million per jet, not including weapons systems. And they want about 2,500 F35s, So save $3.7 billion over three years so you can send close to 375 billion. Most of them will go to the Air Force, their are also Marine and Navy versions.

I get MASSIVE FPS drop when the GAU lets rip. I'm running JSRS and Blastcore, so i assume that's causing the issue, can anyone else replicate? Would be a shame to lose either them or the mod....

SJ

What are your system specs? Because I use JSRS and Blastcore aswell but I don't have issues with FPS drop when firing the Gau 8.

And yes the Air Force has said they plan to cut the A10 squadrons to cut the budget to pay for new F35s and the cut has been postponed. And I don't think the Air Force is going to eliminate all the A-10s. Because in the long run there is no other CAS aircraft that can do what the A-10 can do.

This is a great mod, thanks! I hope you'll continue working on and improving it. As for the future of the A-10, there are some very good reasons to scrap it:

Back when it came into service, it was a great aircraft. Today, technology has made it more or less obsolete. Even the old ZSU-23-4 Shilka was quite a game changer when it first appeared. It meant that the threat level for western aircraft jumped enormously. Today, even more advanced air defences makes flying close to enemy forces pretty much a death sentence. But newer aircraft have stealth technology, somewhat compensating for this, and new precision weapons have also made stand-off tactics viable, so there is less need for aircraft to fly into detection range of hostile air defences today. PGMs, guided by laser, GPS or other means are constantly getting more range and better accuracy.

The A-10 may still be useful in places like Afghanistan, where there is no AA threat at all, but F-16s, F-15s, F-18s and even bombers like the B-1 have been just as useful. They can drop bombs on the requested GPS coordinates just as well as the A-10.

And add to this the fact that the A-10 is very slow, needing more time to go where it is needed, and the fact that unlike the other aircraft it is useless for anything but CAS, and it is clear why the air force wants to cut it. It is too vulnerable in a real war, and for a no threat environment like Afghanistan, other aircraft can perform the CAS mission just as well. It was an awesome airplane back in the days, but with the ever evolving technology, those days are long since over.

Edited by Johan S

Still laggy when i see the dust after gau 8 fired

i7

560ti

8g ram

It dosen't matter even i change effect to very low i check vanila and with jsrs blastcore but still laggy

But i'm getting this problem from other thigs such as gunships 20mm gun

Edited by kgino1045

Am still having the issue where the custom 20 button wont work at all, i can revert to the old version of the A-10 and it works perfectly, but as soon as i go to the newest version it dosent work, my custom 20 button is / on my numpad, anyone know how to fix this or?