peral

A-10C for Arma 3

E2: It's the pitch ladder that is off. The horizon line is too low, I guess. The plane still probably shouldn't fly nose down, but the pitch ladder thing explains me crashing into the ocean with the FPM above the horizon line.

You may be right, check the vertical velocity indicator at the front dash, if it's pointing to zero then you should be on a steady flight. The aircraft is currently using the metric system, so altitude should be on meters, speed in kph (I don't think the a-10 can't reach 500 knots :S) and the VVI should display meters per second.

Other thing that's not showing the correct reading is the G-meter next to the HUD, it should read 1 rather than 0 on a steady flight.

And another thing, maybe it's just me, but when on the ground taxing or in a full stop, the aircraft it tilted left.

Just noticed a bunch of errors on my servers rpt file:

Cannot load sound 'peral_a10_data\sounds\alarm_loop1.wss'

Occurred about 100 times in the space of couple of minutes (I think when I was playing with the A10 in game)

Just noticed a bunch of errors on my servers rpt file:

Occurred about 100 times in the space of couple of minutes (I think when I was playing with the A10 in game)

Thinks, I just fixed that, sound was replaced and name was not changed.

It's not that one NVG tube is over one eye, it's that the way pilots wear NVGs is NOT depicted accurately in games and what you see on Youtube. The goggles have a 40 degree FOV (in a circle, not an ellipse), but they're not right up against the eye. Instead, they're slightly forward so you can look underneath the goggles to see the instruments. The "effect" to the pilot is that he can see 40 degrees (at a time) aided, or move his eye a small amount and see the world unaided "around" the goggles in front of him. That video you use of F4 is a decent representation of how it actually looks (albeit a little easier/cleaner).

Probably a little different for A-10 pilots compared to the (I assume) PVS-15's you guys wear.

PNVG.jpg

Probably a little different for A-10 pilots compared to the (I assume) PVS-15's you guys wear.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/uanpe/NVG/PNVG.jpg

This is the AN-AVS 10, new gen ,4 tubes,90 degrees FOV....a prototype of what you see in "Zero Dark Thirty", that is called GPNVG-18

That's one of the first photos,back in '05 more or less.And it's not exclusive of A10 pilots,they just were amongs the fews doing firsts field tests,together with Delta Force and other "assets",as the US Govt call them. :)

More like 60K$. :)

And they sit on the eyes as gatordev said...slightly forward,so you can check instruments right under your eyes.

Have you read the documentation with the mod about the startup procedure? More than twenty buttons to press to start the engine....

A 10 isnt flying for me. Dont even start the engine. Anyone else this problem?

Did you go through the startup process by interacting with the appropriate cockpit switches? If not, read the manual.

Read the manual included....or you can simply read this thread......

that's A 10 DCS in A3 !!! But when i look the cokpit i can see actions but i don't know how to play them, which button ?

Im having trouble with this mod for my mission, when i placed the plane in air with AI and set it to fly around the base it plays incredible high pitch noise at the start.

Also the more A-10C planes i put on the map the laggy the mission gets. any advice or tips are more than welcome.

people having problems with cockpit interaction, READ THE PDF included in the mod folder. you have to bind Custom Action 20. @Brutal, this is an A-10, you dont need 40 of them flying around the map. at MOST you need 2-3 in a whole mission. The reason you are seeing tons of lag with many A-10s in your mission is because this plane is heavily scripted, and the more aircraft you add to your mission, the more your server/machine has to keep track of in terms of scripting. You will see the same thing on any other hi-qual aircraft (f/a-18 included, although to a smaller extent).

people having problems with cockpit interaction, READ THE PDF included in the mod folder. you have to bind Custom Action 20. @Brutal, this is an A-10, you dont need 40 of them flying around the map. at MOST you need 2-3 in a whole mission. The reason you are seeing tons of lag with many A-10s in your mission is because this plane is heavily scripted, and the more aircraft you add to your mission, the more your server/machine has to keep track of in terms of scripting. You will see the same thing on any other hi-qual aircraft (f/a-18 included, although to a smaller extent).

Yeah i knew that but i have 4 in the base "empty, no skill" and one in the air. I would think that's not over the top.

Then i have 2x 300x300 Enemy Zones with total of 12x tanks, 5x squads and 2x choppers. The mission itself is in the small scale.

Maby later when the mod/game is more optimized its gonna be better.

I dont get it with this keybinding. Dont understand it :confused:

Its literally two posts above you, like, literally move your vision 2 inches and its right there. I mean seriously. Where do people learn to read these days? How can you have problems with a mod if you haven't even taken the time to look up some basic shit. How can you come here, and just start asking for a solution that posted 2 posts earlier its beyond me. I mean you don't even have to read really, even if you were to just scan for some key words you would find it.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

AN/AVS-9s, actually, but the theory is still the same. You can't focus up close and at infinity at the same time, so you still have to look under the NODs to see the instruments, otherwise the world outside the cockpit would be all blurry. The guy in that picture just has them on pretty low, but that may be just how he likes them.

As was mentioned, those aren't the fielded -18s that are out there now.

Anyone else having a problem where the cockpit panels don't receive any shadows? I'm not sure the sun light affects it either, only ambient lighting illuminates it.

More like 60K$. :)

And they sit on the eyes as gatordev said...slightly forward,so you can check instruments right under your eyes.

$35,000USD is what L3 Systems stated at SHOT show this year... not too bad but considering you're going from 40 degrees to 97 degrees FOV and they're paralax free along with running on 4 rechargeable CR123's you can swap out in a few secconds (or two CR123's for two hours (6 volts)).

Though the full kit for the average soldier is about 25-30k a little bit too much for the average grunt.