tpM

Advanced Combat Sound Environment (A3) WiP Thread

I hope you didn't mean that I'm the one hyping it.

I don't know where the hype comes from. Seems to me that 99% of people here are guilty of spreading it.

I'm never satisfied with my sounds, so I always have to fix and remix and polish.

That's probably a good thing, up to a certain point though. It can be overdone too. :D

Appreciate the update, tpM, take your time.

I don't know where the hype comes from.

The showcase videos, which are fucking amazing, that's where.

Good luck with your studies mate :)

Well the hype comes from everyone else except tpM. Might be a good idea and close such hype storming threads until further notification from the author.

Get better man. Now out of curiosity are you going to coding around the upcoming Bootcamp update (Sound system is changed) or is the majority of the project in the old Arma sound system.

Great to see an update. I was worried for a second with the recent stoppage of Jarhead that we would be left without a proper soundmod. However hope has been restored. Keep up the good work.

That might sound kinda desperate but you're my last hope for the audio part of this game.

Take all the time you need, I don't know how modders bear up with the fact that BIS broke mods/missions every update...

Edited by Neodammerung

^ I agree, really looking for this mod to save the sound department Arma 3 lacks. Hope all is going well with development and looking forward to seeing some videos soon.

After 6 months im still w8ting for this mod to come out T.T

After 6 months im still w8ting for this mod to come out T.T

Hey, shit happens. Making a sound mod is a huge undertaking, and this one looks like it's definitely worth the wait.

Hey, shit happens. Making a sound mod is a huge undertaking, and this one looks like it's definitely worth the wait.

Very true.

That said, hard not to be impatient. I have to wonder if this mod couldn't be released in chunks. It'd allow faster access for fans, and potentially mean more focused feedback on the development front. Plus it'd help make the end result more modular potentially.

But it sounds like even that would be asking for a lot at this current point in time, we just have to understand that for the time being no one can stop their lives just to make a mod. It's one of the reasons I'd like to see a marketplace where addon makers can help fund development on larger projects like this. Although, again, money doesn't buy time and it sounds like time is the real issue here.

I have to wonder if this mod couldn't be released in chunks. It'd allow faster access for fans, and potentially mean more focused feedback on the development front. Plus it'd help make the end result more modular potentially.

A modular sound mod can cause issues, maybe if you isolate it down to say guns, vehicles, explosions and ambient but it's a bit immersion breaking to have different volumes/distances going on for different effects/weapons. The whole audio spectrum really needs to be balanced and synchronized.

Any updates? there haven't been anything on this thread in a while.

Dude, no offense but it's against the rules of the forum to ask this kind of thing. I subscribed to this thread for updates from the developer or useful information, not for this.

Did you seriously not look at the two posts above? Holy Shit!

I think people are just asking as it's been a wee while since tpM has posted here (or anywhere on the BI forum actually), especially considering the number of posts that say "it's coming in Q1/Q2/Q3, etc".

Hell I'm still very much looking forward to this; JSRS is great but I (and some people I guess) don't really like using it that much, SoS seems dead unless you never use the standard rifles, and some people just don't like using the stock sounds. With this and DF sounding so absolutely amazing you can hardly blame the impatience for something more up to date!

Yeah because the situation described in my latest update didn't change with the exception that now I have a few days of break. ACSE is not dead, but I see no reason posting "i'm still working on it" or "it's coming" regularly just to keep people from asking about it.

My only concern at the moment is that my sounds sound weak when you have "Volume Leveller" enabled in Dolby Home Theater. (Not that I'm using it, but I'd like make sure that everyone could achieve more or less the same experience/feeling with ACSE.)

I think its inevitable that sounds with high dynamic range (like explosions and shot sounds) will sound weak with soundlimiters. Probably scarcely anybody of the fans of soundmods uses such limiters.

I agree with JumpingHubert.

The Volume Leveler feature in Dolby Home Theater v4 locks in your preferred volume level for more consistent listening.

The Volume Leveler will try to level the loud gunshots/sonic cracks to the quiter ambient sounds/whatever sounds are there. That is just how they work. When leveling the volume of the loud shots/cracks, the intended difference in dynamic gets lost and they start to sound flat.

Just add an disclaimer that people should deactivate such leveling in order to expirience the sounds as intended.

I hope you can release your beautiful work soon.

This sounds amazing!

And I am guessing this all comes from different sound files and scripts? As the soundengine itself is pretty useless afaik. So what will happen to mod weapons and vehicles... will they get any benefit from A.C.S.E.?

May you have much spare time and inspiration!

Do you guys need help? I have some sound tidbits I'd be willing to donate that would appeal to you. Give me a howler. I've been trying to finish a sound mod for ArmA2 but I just can't find the time anymore so I figure heck, if you guys need anything I have thousands on thousands of sounds of different enviourments to sound pressure effects from weapons to explosions , foley , that I've created and collected over the years from footage I've taken whilst at the ranges and after checking out what you guys have done for ArmA3 I find it quite impressive, although there are a few things I'd suggest since I've been around all sorts of ranges and worked at a proving ground near where I live. I know there is such a thing as notoriety on such things, I ran into that snag when I was helping Project Reality but if you can use some of my stuff you can take the credit. don't hesitate to contact me. I'll stick a video up of my latest work....if I can get past real life haha

Edited by Chammy