tpM

Advanced Combat Sound Environment (A3) WiP Thread

I try to do it this week, which means it'll be coming in 4 days. :)

26th A.C.S.E., 27th Watch Dogs release and 29th Dog fight release for Star Citizen. This month is getting more interesting for every day :D

Guys, sorry to ruin the party but I'm talking about the video's release, not ACSE's itself. :D :(

Yes , sorry my post sounded like we expect a release. No worries man I think all of us know that you talk about a video release and nothing else :D

Guys, sorry to ruin the party but I'm talking about the video's release, not ACSE's itself. :D :(

Take your time, this is something worth waiting for and these videos are good appetisers, hence the excitement :bounce3:

This is the day mates !

Can't wait for the video aaaaaaaaaaarg :yay:

Hi,

Sorry I've been really busy today. :( I'll be posting an update (video + info) tomorrow.

Don't be sorry ! What you've done is awesome, we can wait :bounce3:

Heyah,

As you might already suspect, sadly we can't keep the promised "end of spring" release date. This is due to that our team has lots of things going on currently. School, work, other Arma-related projects etc. I've prioritized stuff we need for 1.0, and within the team we set up a deadline for the 16th of June, which is not that far away. I really hope we can deliver it by then. Stay tuned.

Ah, and the video. :D Well, my idea was to set up scenarios where I can record footage of specific action. Like CSAT forces conduct a raid at dusk on an ammo dump hidden in a forested area, NATO forces breaking through enemy defenses with armour support (basically a tank battle from the perspective of the crew and infatry), but I'm really not statisfied with the current sounds of vehicle weaponry, so I thought as a teaser of a teaser, today I'd post only the first segment, and the rest later this week. Don't laugh, but now there is some shit going on in my apartment building with the internet, and I get disconnected every 10 mins or so. -,-

I'll post the video eventually when the circumstances will allow.

Thanks for the info, tpM, sounds interesting. Look forward to it and good luck with the final leg.

Give the guy a chance FFS ! He will release anything he can, when he can and if he can. It won't kill you to wait a few more days/weeks, even for a video!

Give the guy a chance FFS ! He will release anything he can, when he can and if he can. It won't kill you to wait a few more days/weeks, even for a video!

I second this! get with the program guys, give him support not pressure.

(This is an edit because it sounded like I was flaming in the previous text I wrote)

Edited by SpookyGnu

I had limited internet last week, so I couldn't upload the planned video. Meanwhile I was (and still) working on the sounds, mainly impacts and grenades, and I thought it would be better to re-record the action with these. I just didn't want to tell this because there are so many happenings currently that I can't give an ETA.

Thanks for your efforts. I'm sure it'll be fantastic if the previous videos are anything to go by.

@tpM

Is there a reason you never got to release for A2? It's shame as all the youtube footage for it still sounds amazing, especially vehicle interior noises.

thanks for the update....take the time you need :) Authentic explosions and impacts are very important for athmosphere especially at long distances.

Not sure how I've missed this but this sounds pretty immersive and I like what I see. Are there any plans to share all that love between vehicles as well? If so could we have a sneak peak when there's something to show?

tpM is currently working on another video showcasing the mod. I believe he's having some issues (internet, life, etc) though so it'll just get here when it gets here.

You know tpM, I was (well, am) watching Heat and a thing just popped up in my mind. Is it possible to have the firing weapon sound differently in a building if the muzzle is outside of it? As in, to reduce the hearing damage I move into a window, muzzle pointing out of it, and I hear a less loud but more echo-y sound.

We have (or had? it was some time ago...) some kinda "prototype" of a system which would gather data of the objects (let's say a cargo box, pile of wood logs etc) and their materials around you, and then play several resonance/reverb sounds from these objects. With a sys like that, in your concept the reverb from the front wall and the ceiling could be "turned off" if let's say they are out of your aiming LoS, resulting in a less powerful sound. So technically I believe it would be possible, but don't expect anything like that, at least not in the near future.