I have made proof that AI can see at night without NVGS check this out this needs to be fixed can't have a stealth mission if Ai can find you without NVGS and hearing suppressors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPJN50JhGv4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtxUjKzPfGA

I found that the AI could spot me easily in the Scouting missions from Bomos, and when I killed them, they didn't have NVGs. It was useless trying to hide from them to let them go past. They always spotted me, even at a distance where they shouldn't have detected me, unless a little bit of ambient light from a distance is sufficient for them to illuminate that one pixel that allows them to see you.

I have made proof that AI can see at night without NVGS check this out this needs to be fixed can't have a stealth mission if Ai can find you without NVGS and hearing suppressors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPJN50JhGv4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtxUjKzPfGA

AI don't use eyes they use kownsabout. And you prove knowsabout has nothing to do with light.

This is very frustrating to say the least I tried different weapons an get the same result spotted in less then 4 minutes. Mods I'm running are as follows...Bcombat 0.16-tpw ..Only the fall ---bleedout and los modules for that---SOS aka sound of speed-vts for weapon resting. My hopes for these videos is that the Devs will see this and try and correct this cause this really kills the stealth combat and immersion.

This is very frustrating to say the least I tried different weapons an get the same result spotted in less then 4 minutes. Mods I'm running are as follows...Bcombat 0.16-tpw ..Only the fall ---bleedout and los modules for that---SOS aka sound of speed-vts for weapon resting. My hopes for these videos is that the Devs will see this and try and correct this cause this really kills the stealth combat and immersion.

If you're using mods then all bets are off. Can you replicate this without mods running?

Bcombat 0.16

So, you're complaining that the AI is unrealistic while you're using AI mods? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Ninja'd by Das Attorney :p

If you're using mods then all bets are off. Can you replicate this without mods running?

As well as upload a simple repro mission somewhere...

I tested some night missions (on Stratis) after I read your post in General and without NVG's the AI had hard time finding me. In a test with single enemy without NVG's and dark night using overcast AI spotted me at about ~3 m when walking towards him but he was still unsure if I was friend or foe.

Second test, this time there was arena spotlights illuminating an area between AI and me. Started walking about 100+ m out. When I got into the illuminated area he spotted me at about ~55-60 m which seems pretty fair to me (in above tests with the single AI I did not use my weapon). A few things to consider...

- You fired quite a few shots at them, silencer is not 100% silent and I don't think they make the muzzle flash 100% invisible either but I'm not sure since I never seen one in RL.

- You where in a desert with no grass and limited vegetation.

- You where moving around on a hill and may have silhouetted yourself again the sky (see below).

Also it may not be as dark as you think it is. Much depends on your monitor and how it is calibrated. I know that for a fact since testing same mission on different machines. On my main machine with an older monitor it's very dark and close to pitch black but on another machine I can see much better and make out silhouettes of trees, hills etc. running the same mission Try adjusting your brightness and contrast on your monitor as well as gamma/brightness in A3.

Here are some info on the topic...

http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal/calibrate.html

/KC

The AI now like to fire nine of ten missing shots and one headshot! Even it is 30 meters between them and me!

So are the AI kidding me?:mad:

Plus: the heavest fog can't prevent AI from headshoting me when I shoot one of them with a suppressed weapon far enough away meanwhile I run away.

So BIS,

IF you think AI is very complicated to development then never develop it since OFP:R and try to develop a better PVP platform. Or buy other's AI solution simply like what VBS2 does.

Edited by msy

Question how are Ai mods bad don't they help to enhance the Ai in combat thus without it the AI is pretty damn dumb. ...Thats why I use mods. So if this game effects mods then what is the point of making mods if it makes the Game experience worse...

has nothing do with the vanilla game ! and reports are only useful for the vallia game ^^

when you go to mercedes and say " hey the spoiler from manufakturer from developer xyz for your car is shit - make them ok " i think mercedes will does nothing except smile :)

Question how are Ai mods bad don't they help to enhance the Ai in combat thus without it the AI is pretty damn dumb. ...Thats why I use mods. So if this game effects mods then what is the point of making mods if it makes the Game experience worse...

I don't think anyone is saying AI mods are bad - I think the implication here is that you shouldn't be making comments about arma 3 AI behavior when you are not using the standard arma 3 AI. The weird accuracy could be a function (or error) of the mod.

Can we get the AI to go prone again? I still don't know why it was removed, it was really good midway during the beta. Cover exploitation is sub-par generally, has this been adressed at all recently? I've not been on dev for a while, and there are still so many tickets open that seem to not have been paid attention to, such as Vehicle AI refusing to reverse when told to (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18087) or this ancient bug that has persisted since Armed Assault times (Possibly even earlier) (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13137). Or this problem which prevents tank commanders from turning out without rendering their vehicle defenseless, and forces them to use whatever the AI selects as a weapon rather than the other way around: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13397

These bugs, especially the gun selection and the reversing problem have gotten me killed playing vehicles too often for me to ignore it, and having to turn your tank around just to be able to leave a position quickly is defeating the purpose.

Can we get the AI to go prone again? I still don't know why it was removed, it was really good midway during the beta. Cover exploitation is sub-par generally, has this been adressed at all recently? I've not been on dev for a while, and there are still so many tickets open that seem to not have been paid attention to, such as Vehicle AI refusing to reverse when told to (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18087)...

These bugs, especially the gun selection and the reversing problem have gotten me killed playing vehicles too often for me to ignore it, and having to turn your tank around just to be able to leave a position quickly is defeating the purpose.

This problem is horrible. It makes me avoid playing any mission that involves vehicle handling. Please fix it, it's not even assigned to anyone...

Can we get the AI to go prone again? I still don't know why it was removed, it was really good midway during the beta. Cover exploitation is sub-par generally, has this been adressed at all recently?

Wait a minute, are you trying to say that AI is not using prone position at all? I have not been playing for few months so have no idea what is happening.

Ok people I did 3 test of Ai seeing in the dark, thats VANILLA AI...NO MODS OR SCRIPTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqk6A-GTd8w

I think that might not only be seeing in the dark. THe AI has an uncanny sense of spotting you after some time. I rather think this is similar to this ticket which has been reported way back in the Alpha or Beta phase and still is not even assigned nor given any priority (while it makes stealth missions practically impossible).

I'm sorry to say but on ARMA3 never existed stealth. the A.I. always know where you are :(

I think the calculations for "spotting" something could use some work. I often have stuff popping on the map that I can't really see (yes, alone - not talking about my group seeing someone) and I assume the same calculations are used for AI

I see the same thing (red unit markers appearing on the map) and also assume that there is some unnatural ability to spot enemies in play. This is on Regular settings. However, the symbols may also indicate your estimate of where someone is, based on a previous legit spotting that you did. I am not sure if it is one or the other that is at work

I think the calculations for "spotting" something could use some work. I often have stuff popping on the map that I can't really see (yes, alone - not talking about my group seeing someone) and I assume the same calculations are used for AI

Yes, they do indeed use the same calculations - it can be verified by using reveal and knowsAbout (markers appear on map after reveal and disappear when knowsAbout drops to zero)

I see the same thing (red unit markers appearing on the map) and also assume that there is some unnatural ability to spot enemies in play. This is on Regular settings. However, the symbols may also indicate your estimate of where someone is, based on a previous legit spotting that you did. I am not sure if it is one or the other that is at work

That's basically both. They can be thought of as indication for the player how would he see the enemies if he was an AI. Hence, if you see a marked enemy in a position where you couldn't have possibly spotted him - that means an AI in this same situation would see the enemy as well.

And yes, AI can remember positions and do estimations - but for AI hearing 10 shots means 10 times more accurate pinpointing than for 1 shot. For player, hearing 10 shots instead of 1 would still give only a general direction.

Edited by DarkWanderer

Yes. I cannot imagine how complicated this is to be programmed properly (you must count visual clutter and how the brain works into considerations).

here are my Ai values

skillFriendly=0.98500001;

skillEnemy=0.64999998;

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.2;

aiLevelPreset=3;

skillAI=0.050000001;

precisionAI=0.1;

skillEnemy=0.64999998;

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.2;

These lines has no effect because they are obsolete.

These lines has no effect because they are obsolete.

Couldn't find the new ones? Are they even in the same file?

here are my Ai values

skillEnemy=0.64999998;

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.2;

As stated above, those are obsolete and can be removed

aiLevelPreset=3;

skillAI=0.050000001;

precisionAI=0.1;

Those are the new skill params. I'd say the values are very low.