skillFriendly=0.98500001;

skillEnemy=0.64999998;

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.2;

aiLevelPreset=3;

skillAI=0.050000001;

precisionAI=0.1;

Have you uninstalled all your mods?

Ok so what do I use to get the Ai to act properly I dont see any spotting or accuracy or aiming values any where. Were can these be located thanks.

Ok so what do I use to get the Ai to act properly I dont see any spotting or accuracy or aiming values any where. Were can these be located thanks.

Start by increasing the AI skill and precision as bit, BIS has warned that too low/high parameters can break the AI. I recommend on AI skill of 0.8 and precision of 0.5.

Ok I will give that go ...does aiming and spotting and accuracy exist anymore or is this the alternative to that?thanks

So now you can't set friendly AI's skill higher than enemy AI's?

And what do I make of the fact that I don't have skillAI= and precisionAI= lines, but only aiLevelPreset= in my profile?

And what do I make of the fact that I don't have skillAI= and precisionAI= lines, but only aiLevelPreset= in my profile?

You have to setup "Custom" in the game menu and then the lines should appear in the config file.

You can't do that anymore on the profile level.

So I did some more testing and found out the flashlight my be bugged thus that could be the problem why they can see so far....check my video and see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HhgWnqYspc

It seems that BIS don't set a lighting range for flashlight.

It seems that BIS don't set a lighting range for flashlight.

Exactly my point could have said it any better

Since I'm currently playing the campaign and it happens in every single mission: BIS, have you ever tried to rearm your AI in combat when they are out of bullets ? They just scream "Out of ammo" all the time and you have to tell them that it'S a good idea to pick up ammo from elsewhere.

And how do you do it ?

"Pick up that rifle"

"Roger"

*runs off to some long forgotten corpse half a kilometer back while standing on a damn ammo box*

Honestly, micromanaging AI ammo in combat is ridiculous. They should be able to rearm themselves from the nearest source, either automatically, or on player command. The current way is atrocious.

Since I'm currently playing the campaign and it happens in every single mission: BIS, have you ever tried to rearm your AI in combat when they are out of bullets ? They just scream "Out of ammo" all the time and you have to tell them that it'S a good idea to pick up ammo from elsewhere.

And how do you do it ?

"Pick up that rifle"

"Roger"

*runs off to some long forgotten corpse half a kilometer back while standing on a damn ammo box*

Honestly, micromanaging AI ammo in combat is ridiculous. They should be able to rearm themselves from the nearest source, either automatically, or on player command. The current way is atrocious.

Or, in the meantime, just give the player a convinient action menu. Meaning that the potential weapons and ammo to be picked up by the AI should be sorted by their range, and have the damn inventory option one of the first instead of the last. We need to scroll several pages of irrelevant actions just to get to the Inventory option, which is ALWAYS one of the last options. It's a hideous UX.

Edited by Variable

Yes, rearming AI is horrible. Devs should really take a look at it.

It's stuff like this that makes the simplicity/lack-of-versatility of "casual"/"arcade" shooters' unit command mechanics sound not as bad...

It's stuff like this that makes the simplicity/lack-of-versatility of "casual"/"arcade" shooters' unit command mechanics sound not as bad...

It doesn't have to. It just needs to sort the rifles by proximity, or have a "rearm from nearest" with enough brains to pick up the weapon as well. It's not rocket science, and it would make single player indefinitely more enjoyable.

It doesn't have to. It just needs to sort the rifles by proximity, or have a "rearm from nearest" with enough brains to pick up the weapon as well. It's not rocket science, and it would make single player indefinitely more enjoyable.

What amazes me is that i recall a time (pre OFP resistance maybe) where AI leaders were issuing rearming orders while out of danger (back to aware behaviour). No clue why it has disappeared since then.

Therein lies the problem: it shouldn't be rocket science.

It's not really about arcade shooter or casual gameplay. They added compass bearings and distance to the targeting, so why not to the rearming ?

Could we please get an option to disable the automatic change to "Combat" behavior that the AI makes whenever it comes under fire? There is currently no way either through the command menu or through scripting to turn this off, and it makes the AI very unresponsive to basic commands. Getting the AI to make a proper assault, for example, is nigh impossible because the AI simply will not move at full speed when in "Combat" mode; they will insist on stopping every ten meters or so and going prone. This has been a problem since "micro AI" (which is otherwise pretty cool) was introduced in A2. AI in OFP was actually much better at assaulting because you could actually have it simply run forward.

Yeah, I get similar problems playing SP missions where we will come under fire, and I tell my squad to retreat behind a hill crest or something, but they will just ignore me and go prone, promptly getting killed because they were in the line of fire of the enemy.

Could we please get an option to disable the automatic change to "Combat" behavior that the AI makes whenever it comes under fire? There is currently no way either through the command menu or through scripting to turn this off, and it makes the AI very unresponsive to basic commands. Getting the AI to make a proper assault, for example, is nigh impossible because the AI simply will not move at full speed when in "Combat" mode; they will insist on stopping every ten meters or so and going prone. This has been a problem since "micro AI" (which is otherwise pretty cool) was introduced in A2. AI in OFP was actually much better at assaulting because you could actually have it simply run forward.

Well I've been screaming that from the beginning. If there was ONE thing that should have been changed about the AI in Arma 3 is this horrendous "f*** you leader I'm staying here now" state. Really, all the other stuff that has been worked on is nothing comparing this amazing design flaw. But I'm afraid BIS was only ignoring our requests to fix this issue, nor have they responded to the many questions asking if there are any plans to change it.

The disobedience of AI subordinates is no less important issue to us. We try to avoid responding to questions where the answer could inevitably impose false expectation - unless we are 95% sure that we can deliver the subject. Ain't it better than false promises and consequent disappointment? ;)

The disobedience of AI subordinates is no less important issue to us. We try to avoid responding to questions where the answer could inevitably impose false expectation - unless we are 95% sure that we can deliver the subject. Ain't it better than false promises and consequent disappointment? ;)

Well, the basic idea isn't bad. Don't promise something unless you can keep it.

However, silence is not always golden. By at least acknowledging the problem, you at least signal that the feedback isn't wasted and is actually heard. The issues listed above (rearming, automatic danger mode) and the associated problems (running off into the sunset, impossible to rearm, AI not boarding transport) have been mentioned a gazillion times, and I have yet to see anyone from BIS acknowledge them as problems. That is an issue. Even if you don't know whether/when you can fix it, at least saying "we are aware of the problem and will look into it" is already an important step (IMO)

Never asked for any promises. For such a glaring issue, the least that is needed is acknowledgement. Ignoring repeated questions, from multiple members of the community, over years of development, on the exact same issue, just create a feeling of alienation. Believe me, even if you told us that you are aware of the issue but decided not to solve it for any kind of reason, the community would have appreciated it. And I am not expecting you guys start chasing each and every question or request and provide answers for everything, but for grave matters such as this, well, not saying anything is definitely not an advisable course of action.