Jump to content
kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

Recommended Posts

On ‎17‎-‎1‎-‎2017 at 5:12 PM, zulu1 said:

getposASL is a scripting command in 1.99 and is not recognized in 1.96.

 

From what I recall kenoxite made a 1.96 patch. You'll need to get that or run what you have with 1.99

 

Sorry, only two choices.

 

Just done the second option (kenoxite indeed made a 1.96 patch, so ww4 works, only the ASL-error keeps comming up. :-(

Now I downgraded WW4ext v1.1 back to my v0.8 that works without any inbound problems (at least, during gameplay)... to bad... I did love all the new features on WW4ext v1.1

 

Did a download of ww4ext v0.9 but haven't got the time to get that running...

 

Can't have everything, I think?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone provide me an in-depth guide on how to use this mod? Like how to change the models of vehicles properly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only manual I can see is on the first page. For extra features. Maybe if you were more specific about what you want to do, it might help. It's probably going to be difficult to get someone who's willing to do a full run-down on the entire mod.

 

When you say "change the models of vehicles properly", what do you mean? There should be plenty of info on getting an addon in-game right here on the boards. I'm sure you can dig up what you need. And if you get stuck, there's still a few people around, like myself who can offer advice. :smile_o:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Macser said:

The only manual I can see is on the first page. For extra features. Maybe if you were more specific about what you want to do, it might help. It's probably going to be difficult to get someone who's willing to do a full run-down on the entire mod.

 

When you say "change the models of vehicles properly", what do you mean? There should be plenty of info on getting an addon in-game right here on the boards. I'm sure you can dig up what you need. And if you get stuck, there's still a few people around, like myself who can offer advice. :smile_o:

 

Thanks for responding! Is it possible to enable the extra features for all missions and campaigns? I don't use mission editor at all so I have no idea how to enable them. I also meant to say units instead of vehicles. I was wondering how people are able to change their EAST, WEST, and RES unit models to something better than the default woodland and Russian camo. Same goes for weapons, like how do you get those sights? I'm unable to find a proper guide (or I'm just a notepad noob). Am I supposed to replace the models by editing the config.cpp? If so, what parts specifically. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you want to replace the units or weapons to do it in the main config.cpp (game/mod) or the addon (HMMV, BMP2 ...) or add a class to the vehicle's main config.cpp

 

cpp1_zpsiw9e2ecz.jpg

cpp_zps2li6k2lc.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2017 at 10:10 PM, mcslavko said:

if you want to replace the units or weapons to do it in the main config.cpp (game/mod) or the addon (HMMV, BMP2 ...) or add a class to the vehicle's main config.cpp

 

cpp1_zpsiw9e2ecz.jpg

cpp_zps2li6k2lc.jpg

THANK YOU!!!1! I've been wondering my butt off on how to do this. In the beginning, I was rather confused in how this was an expansion to WW4 2.5 as it only gave the same unit models. Any chance of enabling the extra features for everything other than the mission editor? Or is it just for mission editors to use? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could the personal menu be made to include an option to select individual squad members? I made a steam controller configuration for CWA and couldn't find a way to use function keys (the steam OSK has none that I can see). With the SMACHZ not having any and GPD Win having small keys, such a feature would facilitate more play options and quicker, easier use on smaller devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/20/2017 at 3:05 AM, barccy said:

Could the personal menu be made to include an option to select individual squad members? I made a steam controller configuration for CWA and couldn't find a way to use function keys (the steam OSK has none that I can see). With the SMACHZ not having any and GPD Win having small keys, such a feature would facilitate more play options and quicker, easier use on smaller devices.

 

Sure thing. I'll have that in mind for the next release.

 

To be clear, you do mean adding extra buttons (12) to the menu, one for each unit, correct?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kenoxite said:

 

Sure thing. I'll have that in mind for the next release.

 

To be clear, you do mean adding extra buttons (12) to the menu, one for each unit, correct?


Yes, that is exactly what I meant. Maybe even a select all, if there's room, but mostly 1-12 individually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else getting fwatch error in player menu after the initial set up? Currently using the latest fwatch and updated WW4 Extended.

It's fine using it the first time it detects fwatch but after loading another mission with player menu enabled it shows up as an error. I have to delete mdb\ww4ext everytime I want to use player menu which kinda sucks.


Found the solution a couple of pages back. Can't wait for the next update though. On a sidenote, where can I find the weapon classes.

Edited by aodtonix
found the answer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this! I love WW4, anything building upon it is definitely nice. Two things however;

 

1. Support for ECP would be very appreciated. ECP with WW4 is my dream combination, and one of the best parts is that you provide replacement units that works perfectly with the campaigns. The replacement units does however not work when using EPC (even with Sanctuary's modified config), instead the vanilla BIS units loads. Luckily Marc13Bautista sorted out a config which makes it work for your replacement units when running ECP (thanks for that!) with WW4 animations. Maybe you could get his permission to include it in future releases?

 

On 1/19/2017 at 7:06 AM, Marc13Bautista said:

Never mind, I figured it out. PM me if you want to know how. https://www.mediafire.com/?bkqz314mb2b7z3u

 

2. I noticed a bug. When trying the WW4EXT version of the "Steal the car" mission, I got an error message when trying to blow up a pickup truck. It said something like "Cannot play sound ww4expl" whenever the truck exploded, and there was of course no sound.

 

Keep up the good work, looking very much forward to an update. :-)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a list of all the weapon classnames? The one in the base ww4 folder doesn't have them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, barccy said:

Is there a list of all the weapon classnames? The one in the base ww4 folder doesn't have them all.

Maybe keno's lists on google will help

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x9Iixio95JqBg8rMCRz9WJQCJOoR_inCTlEy4OciPmc/edit#gid=0

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GXGsJh25FmsYHW5Pm25OrDnCFk2JwywN3aF4egi9-do/edit#gid=0

 

ww4_ext classnames

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By2CaodBQ84GT3RYVW5fWEIzT1k?tid=0By2CaodBQ84GN1RDM0ctazhyNlk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found ext weapon names listings in the magazines pbo.
I'm having problems with the player features not working with Fwatch after a mission ending. Does anyone know a way to fix this?
A few other things, if there is any desire / possibility for change:
Sometimes leaning will cause heavy breathing/exhaustion, but not always.
The side assignment to vehicles necessitates their destruction or deletion in elimination scenarios. Truly empty/civ ones would be good.
An alternative (vanilla) side relations option would be nice.
I noticed that a few WW4 units like an undercover spy and some other addons like the Tonal Redux opfor have warped waists.
When doing cqb, the HD feature using lots of straight up high recoil made the enemies unchallenging as they would fire all but their first round way over the head of their opponent - less like the Bib militia and BAS JAM type high dispersion which has an all over spread with more manageable recoil.

Edited by barccy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, there are no plans to update WW4Ext at this moment, however regarding to these:

On 21.07.2017 at 6:32 PM, barccy said:

Sometimes leaning will cause heavy breathing/exhaustion, but not always.
The side assignment to vehicles necessitates their destruction or deletion in elimination scenarios. Truly empty/civ ones would be good.
I noticed that a few WW4 units like an undercover spy and some other addons like the Tonal Redux opfor have warped waists.

First and last are connected to WW4 anims. Leaning problem is known since 2005 and Locke's first leaning mod - it's actually an engine issue (lack of native support for leaning and rolling), fix for which was introduced by Bohemia Interactive in their 2006 game Armed Assault:f: Warped waists happen on models which are not based on Sanctuary's base model (which in turn is based on Hyakushiki model). That includes all BIS OFP:R civilians, and various other 3rd party units. WW4Ext itself doesn't change anims (they come from WW4).

 

Second issue is again an engine bug, and can happen to every unit, vanilla or 3rd party. Nothing wrong on our side.

 

If time allows, I'll update existing documentation with latest classes of units, vehicles and weapons. Cheers!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi peeps,

 

In WW4EXT I'm testing the included CCE2 scenario. When the scenario starts, I get the following dialogue;

 

Quote

WW4 EXT MENU

This seems to be the first time using this menu while having FWATCH active. To open the menu just press the C key. You can change the key to be used inside the personal menu. through OPTIONS and then FWATCH.

 

Works fine, I can use the C key to open the Fwatch menu properly just as expected. I can also change the key bindings as suggested. The problem is if I abort the mission. When restarting, I get the following error;

 

Quote

West (Tkullander): "[WW4EXT Prefs] Menu key: _fwatch_error=[true,0,0,""];C  Zeroing key: _fwatch_error=[true,0,0,""];END  Switch sight key: _fwatch_error=[true,0,0,""];DELETE  View Distance: 900"

 

Somehow it seems that the key bindings are messed up after exiting the mission. I cannot use the Fwatch menu, not the switch sight and zeroing function. Not a game breaker, but it would be nifty to have. If I do a complete reinstall I get the dialogue again, but the error shows up after aborting restarting the mission.

 

Any suggestions on where I can correct this manually? Not sure whether the problem lies within Fwatch or WW4EXT. My guess is WW4EXT, but where to start?

 

Thanks in advance!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, not sure what category to post this one in. Moderators, feel free to move the topic to where it fits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/04/2018 at 12:56 PM, tkullander said:

Also, not sure what category to post this one in. Moderators, feel free to move the topic to where it fits.

Moved to the correct area.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2018 at 1:53 PM, tkullander said:

Somehow it seems that the key bindings are messed up after exiting the mission. I cannot use the Fwatch menu, not the switch sight and zeroing function. Not a game breaker, but it would be nifty to have. If I do a complete reinstall I get the dialogue again, but the error shows up after aborting restarting the mission.

 

Any suggestions on where I can correct this manually? Not sure whether the problem lies within Fwatch or WW4EXT. My guess is WW4EXT, but where to start?

 

I've corrected the script. Download addon and replace it. Also delete \fwatch\mdb\ww4ext.db

 

====

 

Update: oh, Kenoxite already fixed it so wtf I'm still seeing this.

Edited by faguss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, faguss said:

 

I've corrected the script. Download addon and replace it. Also delete \fwatch\mdb\ww4ext.db

Your replacement at ~136kb is significantly smaller than the original at ~225kb. Did you edit the latest version? 
Here is your script replacement in the last version I have (~225kb) and works fine so far.

====================
Nevermind, that must have been an older one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having trouble getting the AI rucksack bandages working in mission. Is it supposed to work solely with the game logics and standard two ext lines without using the healgroup and rucksack scripts?
I placed coc, enable all, and enable rucks for ai and player logics. Description is present. Bandage sqs call in initialization of unit, which is grouped with a leader and medic. I fire at its legs and wait a while, ... nothing happens ... repeat until the medic heals it or it dies with the bandage in ruck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously it wasn't I who made the rucksack scripts, and it's been more than a year since I've lost my EXT data/notes/buglists etc. but I seem to recall that there indeed was an issue with AI and rucksacks in general. I'm not a scripter like @kenoxite but I'll at least look into this, and confirm if it's indeed a bug.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to recall bandages require a weapon also, like for nades and satchels you need "put" and "throw" weapons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×