kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

Hey Apoc,

A new patch that fixes everything reported so far (and other unreported things) will be uploaded in a few days. Meanwhile you can grab this, which fixes the problems with Fwatch you mention:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By2CaodBQ84Gem1qVjNoYWpDMlE

You must place it in WW4_EXT\addons, overwriting the existing one. The first time you play a mission with the menu activated it will reset the preferences file and everything should work as expected from then on.

And, as krzy mentions, the problem with duplicated action menu entries is hard to avoid. I placed checks to make sure that the ones added by Extended don't duplicate (as much), but I'll revise the one for Self heal anyway. I might have overlooked something.

• Like 2

how do you install fwatch because i looked at the link and all it says is update pending

There's no installer for version 1.15, but you can install it manually. There's a .rar file available in Fwatch's download page. I think Faguss is waiting for this whole Steam patch to settle (they might release a new, better update) before releasing the installer version.

• Like 1

Not installers, but you can find all the previous versions of Fwatch in rar format here.

Nevermind. You would need to compile those yourself. I don't think that's what you want.

Edited by kenoxite
  • Like 1

You can use SPIG, FCM, IGSE or OFPAR installers which have Fwatch 1.15 bundled.

I think Faguss is waiting for this whole Steam patch to settle (they might release a new, better update) before releasing the installer version.

Now that they fired let go the guy responsible for the patch I doubt anything will change so currently I'm just procrastinating.

You would need to compile those yourself.

No. These archives contain compiled exe and dll.

• Like 1

Some equip unreliable again :)

Several pages ago, I asked you to remove Desert Motor.Infantry in KSOR ODKB pattern.

I found some alternative way. You can retexture this desert motor.infantry in KSOR ODKB pattern to new Russian Army Tropical Uniform for no-KSOR ODKB forces (Photo) (Photo)

Also, you already have simillar texture (Screenshot) (WW4 EXT\USMC\FORECON\DA Desert Units) (Screenshot) Soviet Afghan Era Units.

Also [2], can you retexture Russian GRU Partizan units body armor and equip to VSR-98 "Flora" pattern, looks like on CT Partizan units? (Screenshot GRU, Screenshot CT)
(Hm, how I can change face on GRU units (and not only on their) to face what I need?)

- Spirit_Ural.

• Like 1

I found some alternative way. You can retexture this desert motor.infantry in KSOR ODKB pattern to new Russian Army Tropical Uniform for no-KSOR ODKB forces

Well, I actually updated their models months ago based on your suggestions. You can check this screenshot to have an idea of how they will look like:

tKoQzxu.png

The GRU Partizan units will be revised so they use the flora vest. See here:

QXK4Xxp.jpg

---

Regarding how to change or disable the custom faces, read the section regarding this feature in the Extra Features Manual (the pdf document or online here).

I'll copy/paste here the relevant info, anyway:

Changing the custom face of a group

You can also change the custom face being used by a group by using the new changeFace script:

[<unit>,<face type>] exec "\ww4ext_faces\changeFace.sqs";

Example

To apply woodland camo faces to units already using custom faces:

[this,"camo"] exec "\ww4ext_faces\changeFace.sqs";

Excluding a unit from the custom faces system

Maybe you want to use your own custom face for a given unit, or simply use vanilla faces for it.

To do so, type or copy/paste this in the init field of the unit:

[this] exec "\ww4ext_faces\exclude.sqs";

Stopping the custom faces system for a whole group

If you want to remove the custom faces system for a whole group, use this line on the init of the leader:

{[_x] exec "\ww4ext_faces\exclude.sqs"}forEach units this;

This will disable the faces system for that given group, so it will not respond to further exclude or include requests. Any custom face assigned before this will be lost after a saved game is loaded.

----

If you want to change the face of a specific unit to a different one that you've set in cfgIdentities then you should first exclude that unit from EXT's custom face system, as explained above.

You could either add [this] exec "\ww4ext_faces\exclude.sqs"; in its init field or name the unit (say "myHeroUnit") and then in another script use [myHeroUnit] exec ""ww4ext_faces\exclude.sqs". And then you would add your custom face.

Well, I actually updated their models months ago based on your suggestions. You can check this screenshot to have an idea of how they will look like.

Thanks for answer and help with faces.

About motor infantry again.

Can you retexture uniform on the left soldier from KSOR pattern to one-color tropical uniform (I speak about it in previous post) and retexture helmet-cover and body armor + vest to DF pattern (how it on VDV rifleman right)?

It will be more realistic.

Here I try to describe the situation with desert uniform in Russian Army:

Today we have two desert complects of uniform:

1) First complect for forces members of KSOR ODKB forces (KSOR ODKB not only Russia, here is some another Countries looks like Belarussia). In KSOR ODKB Russia have only VDV forces, maybe GRU, no more open information I know.

So, in WW4 Extended we already have VDV from KSOR ODKB, them looks very good.

2) Second complect for forces located in Tropical regions looks like Syria and 201th Military Russian base (The are not part of KSOR ODKB Russian Forces).

So, in WW4 Extended we now don't have them, but we have Motorized Forces that not include in KSOR ODKB, but include in some tropical regions in real life.

In this way, I try to explained you, how you can retain Desert Motor Infantry without loss in reliability, in my opinion.

I think, you understand my English XD 

- Spirit_Ural.

OK about the explanation. Right now I'm working on all this, so it's your chance to have direct influence on the process.

Check this image below and tell me if there should be any further change:

dRWzD58.png

• Like 1

OK about the explanation. Right now I'm working on all this, so it's your chance to have direct influence on the process.

Check this image below and tell me if there should be any further change:

dRWzD58.png

Looks very good!

Also, now one my friend from Syria told me about new equip (6B43, vests looks like 6sh122, etc) in desert pattern looks like uniform.

Photo, photo, photo.

How to proceed - your opinion.

Now both variant (Equip in DF and equip in Desert color) occurs equally, but I think soon all forces located in tropical regions get desert equip.

Sorry for my mistake in this.

UPD: Also, in patch can you replace compass, binocular and GPS to compass,binocular and GPS looks like in WGL mod?

Edited by spirit_jat
  • Like 1

UPD: Also, in patch can you replace compass, binocular and GPS to compass,binocular and GPS looks like in WGL mod?

Nope. That would need replacing files in data.pbo and data3d.pbo and (at this moment) we don't want to change these files (to save compatibility with vanilla WW4 and other mods that use it as a basis).

I actually like the direction this is heading. Having russian units in green camo in desert environments was really weird from a gameplay point of view.

So, taking those photos as inspiration this is how the motor inf would look like:

b2a8znH.png

And this is how VDV would look like:

JNdm7TQ.png

Note that I think it'd be better to have them this way, both with proper desert colors, even if it's not 100% realistic.

As for the compass, GPS, etc, no, that's not planed, sorry.

Nope. That would need replacing files in data.pbo and data3d.pbo and (at this moment) we don't want to change these files (to save compatibility with vanilla WW4 and other mods that use it as a basis).

Also, you don't need change data and data3d.pbo.

You can make own pbo file looks like ww4ext_gui.pbo and replace path to models\textures in Config.cpp and Resource.cpp files, if I right understand you.

About VDV KSOR ODKB units I dont' have information about new desert equip, on last exercise VDV use digital flora equip.

Damn, sorry for double-posting.

I actually like the direction this is heading. Having russian units in green camo in desert environments was really weird from a gameplay point of view.

So, taking those photos as inspiration this is how the motor inf would look like:

b2a8znH.png

And this is how VDV would look like:

JNdm7TQ.png

Note that I think it'd be better to have them this way, both with proper desert colors, even if it's not 100% realistic.

As for the compass, GPS, etc, no, that's not planed, sorry.

OK, I'll leave the VDV units as in the first screenshot (green digital flora... actually with colors tweaked a bit so it blends a little bit better with the environment).

----

EDIT:

This is how they will look like:

PTs3XJ3.png

Edited by kenoxite
  • Like 3

Also, you don't need change data and data3d.pbo.

You can make own pbo file looks like ww4ext_gui.pbo and replace path to models\textures in Config.cpp and Resource.cpp files, if I right understand you.

Yes and no. :) We can change just models in data3d.pbo, or change paths in \bin\resource.cpp. First solution is problematic when one wishes to use some enhacements like Lllauma's sky pack. But that second option is even worse, because we would need to fix our resource.cpp file every time original mod is updated. Now some may say that this is unlikely to happen, but we don't want to risk any problems.

And off the record - it would be great to have a total replacement mod with EXT features and unit models, but it would be really gargantuic effort. Kenoxite once said that his original idea was much simpler and smaller than what EXT is now. So this mod had overgrown it's author wishes, and we don't feel like making it even harder to manage than it is now! :P

• Like 1

So this mod had overgrown it's author wishes, and we don't feel like making it even harder to manage than it is now! :P

It's gotten to a point where it should be killed with fire. Definitely bloated... but whatchagonnado. It's too late to abort it  :P

it would be great to have a total replacement mod with EXT features and unit models

I think that PR MOD already fits this niche to some extent (WW4 models and advanced effects - although by ECP in this case).

It's gotten to a point where it should be killed with fire. Definitely bloated... but whatchagonnado. It's too late to abort it  :P

TeP8yaW.png

Hey guys, those Afghan VDV additions are looking really good, one my favourite Russian outfits. I don't know too much about the others but they look good, so if they're authentic then I think it's good to add them to the mod. As for me, I find everything in the mod well compartmentalised and easy to navigate.

Kenoxite, on the topic of the faces feature, I've been using Dynamic AI Creator as well as CivPopulate lately, adding Arctic civilians and guerillas. The two scripts seem to work together without conflict.

The problem I had was with spawning WW4EXT Middle east units that should have the Afghan faces. Usually if I spawn a unit I'd have to use:

"unitClassName" createUnit [getPos e1_1, e1, "[this,"afghan"] exec {\ww4ext_faces\setFace.sqs}, 0.3, "PRIVATE"]; (to join a dummy unit)

That works fine for me, but I don't know how or where I would be able to implement this into CivPopulate. I remember having the WW4EXT_MECIVS working with CivPopulate, but this was before v1 was released, so I'm fearing it won't be possible to use DAC+CivPopulate with the middles east units. Just thought I'd mention per chance there's a way to fix it.

The problem I had was with spawning WW4EXT Middle east units that should have the Afghan faces. Usually if I spawn a unit I'd have to use:

"unitClassName" createUnit [getPos e1_1, e1, "[this,"afghan"] exec {\ww4ext_faces\setFace.sqs}, 0.3, "PRIVATE"]; (to join a dummy unit)

That works fine for me, but I don't know how or where I would be able to implement this into CivPopulate. I remember having the WW4EXT_MECIVS working with CivPopulate, but this was before v1 was released, so I'm fearing it won't be possible to use DAC+CivPopulate with the middles east units. Just thought I'd mention per chance there's a way to fix it.

Middle east units (be it soldiers or civilians) have custom faces (afghan) applied automatically in EXT now (since version 1, I think). So you don't need to add the call to the setFace script anymore. Actually, in most cases that will only cause to run the script twice (by EXT and by you), which is not needed and might affect performance.

With that said, due to how civPopulate works you do need to apply it manually. I've been revising and testing the latest civPopulate version and I've tweaked it a bit. You can check a demo using EXT middle east units and vehicles here.

I will eventually update the civPop thread with a template for this new version but, meanwhile, you would only need to copy/paste (and overwrite) everything found in the mission folder I linked above. All but the mission.sqm file, that is.

• Like 2

Some problems with tachometr and speedometr in Toyota:

ft6Wv1yx3dw.jpg

Some problems with tachometr and speedometr in Toyota:

Yes, I'm aware of those problems. It happens on all vehicles imported from other Armas. The only ones where the control panels work as expected are the helicopters. For the rest you should have all the important info (speed, etc) in the upper left corner.

• Like 1

I will eventually update the civPop thread with a template for this new version but, meanwhile, you would only need to copy/paste (and overwrite) everything found in the mission folder I linked above. All but the mission.sqm file, that is.

Double thanks, it works fine. I found the line in initPed.sqs and also managed to get DAC working with it, changing _civ to _leaderman.

?(leader _leaderman == _leaderman): [_leaderman,"afghan",true] exec "\ww4ext_faces\setFace.sqs";