Latest dev branch no mods, tested nato/CSAT/AAF side unarmed getting up from prone to standing position is too fast.

When can we expect the next stable branch release?

SoonTM - Master lord Joris has already addressed that :icon_twisted:

Tested DEV-version after long time, but the today's build is extreme unstable for me. Crashing 3s-1minute after starting my WLA mission in SP. No issues same time in official build. Attached dumps here:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19229

Quick test with latest dev and Helos Benchmark Altis. The results are very very positive , the latest 3 dev updates are great regarding performance. Actually you seem to make more progress the latest month than the whole 2014 together :)

Edited by Nikiforos

migrating CHIMERA servers to 1.36 RC

Tested DEV-version after long time, but the today's build is extreme unstable for me. Crashing 3s-1minute after starting my WLA mission in SP. No issues same time in official build. Attached dumps here:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19229

Same here.

Not sure it's the right topic, but the latest RC isn't better : BSOD after 30 minutes (upon exiting the game). ... o_O'

Quick test with latest dev and Helos Benchmark Altis. The results are very very positive , the latest 3 dev updates are great regarding performance. Actually you seem to make more progress the latest month than the whole 2014 together :)

Did you play sometimes (Singleplayer,Multiplayer) or did you only use the Benchmark? Would be pointless to transmit the Frames from the bench to a usual Game

Same here.

Same here - crashing a few minutes into scenario.

Not sure if it's related or not but isNull seems to be acting weird. I put in a check for it in some code just prior to crash and the rpt showed that the code continued despite an object being null <NULL-object>, and there immediately being a if (not isNull _object) then {... check. << ignore, was something else in another script.

EDIT : Ticket and crash dump

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21847

Edited by Das Attorney

Did you play sometimes (Singleplayer,Multiplayer) or did you only use the Benchmark? Would be pointless to transmit the Frames from the bench to a usual Game

Only single player, I tested some missions and I can see generally better FPS(3-4 more FPS) in the game. I don't know if multiplayer performance is better though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get this error when I start the game with latest Dev build:

no entry

bin\config.bin/CFGvideooptions/shadowquality/superhigh.cascadelayers.

update: I disabled all mods and now the error is gone! I will have to check later which mod is causing the issue.

Edited by Nikiforos

I wont destroy the enthusiasm but 3-4 fps wont be reckognized by most of the players. Other point it would be when this 3-4 fps would be permanentley, but when the frames drops to the usual value in other scenes and further gameplay then it´s pointless

I wont destroy the enthusiasm but 3-4 fps wont be reckognized by most of the players. Other point it would be when this 3-4 fps would be permanentley, but when the frames drops to the usual value in other scenes and further gameplay then it´s pointless

I feel u but think of this , upgrading from GTX 570 to GTX 780 gave me almost nothing in minimum FPS . So each frame that we can add to this game is good but it could be better , especially for multiplayer.

Optimization is slow, it's not suddenly going to get 20fps more for everyone, if they stack little bits over time eventually you'll see gradual client improvements but it won't be a wax on/wax off type change.

I'm getting crashes too using the dev build. I will switch to the RC and give that a try.

Dear Bohemia Interactive,

will this bug ever be fixed ?

Ticket 1

Ticket 2

From my testing - it is caused by Alpha Channel when it is used on weapon model like on Sting's transparent magazine and on GL's sight glass

this could be sorted by adding magazine proxy and for GL a special proxy too (like in Dayz Standalone)

upgrading from GTX 570 to GTX 780 gave me almost nothing in minimum FPS

I recently upgraded from my old Radeon HD 6870 to a GTX 970 and saw no performance boost, still getting 50-60fps on my current settings (low draw distance helps a lot) and as soon as I turn anything up it drops. However, I'm glad to see the small optimizations going on in recent updates, hopefully we'll slowly reach a point where 60fps is attainable on decent settings.

I recently upgraded from my old Radeon HD 6870 to a GTX 970 and saw no performance boost, still getting 50-60fps on my current settings (low draw distance helps a lot) and as soon as I turn anything up it drops. However, I'm glad to see the small optimizations going on in recent updates, hopefully we'll slowly reach a point where 60fps is attainable on decent settings.

Thank you for confirming how useless an expensive card can be in a game such Arma :). I always complain for lower FPS and you can read all my posts , it's all about FPS :) but when we actually see some improvements we should confirm that and say at least good work to BIS:

I feel u but think of this , upgrading from GTX 570 to GTX 780 gave me almost nothing in minimum FPS . So each frame that we can add to this game is good but it could be better , especially for multiplayer.

Maybe you're CPU limited. I got a big boost when I upgraded my i7-860 to i7-4790K. I have GTX 780.