One with ATGM would have been good as well. Also, more variants of Offroad (mounted grenade launcher etc).

Hmmm, the AA Strider. Minigun Hunter, not sure about the Ifrit though, in real life, it's used for Special Operations. Mainly CT purposes.

Within the limits of how BI's set up their FFV mechanics, I can actually see a better case for FFV support for the ULCV than for most ground vehicles' "shotgun"/"front passenger" cab seats in the game...

It would be also great if BIS would finally give each of the MRAP different weapon models. It is not very 2014-ish to have the same weapon model for each faction.

And don't forget, it is now one year after release, and it is still not changed. It is just cheap. The thing is, that different RCWS are already in the game. Just take the tank commander MG's and place them on top of the MRAPS...

If I remember how many HUMVEE and STRYKER variants we had in Arma 2...

Would have been nice to have more variants of Ifrit:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21712

Voted up, but i think in long term it would be better if they make a feature which allow us to change the vehicle loadout with commands. This make better maintainability for modelers over vehicles and open new possibilities(have to maintain only one base).

It would be also great if BIS would finally give each of the MRAP different weapon models. It is not very 2014-ish to have the same weapon model for each faction.

And don't forget, it is now one year after release, and it is still not changed. It is just cheap. The thing is, that different RCWS are already in the game. Just take the tank commander MG's and place them on top of the MRAPS...

If I remember how many HUMVEE and STRYKER variants we had in Arma 2...

Maybe they will do more variants in the Expansion - remember like in OA?

and i agree there should be more variants of these Mraps

http://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/north_america/united_states/wheeled_armoured/m-atv_cargo_carrier/m-atv_utility_variant_cargo_carrier_oshksoh_mrap_all_terrain_mine_protected_wheeled_armoured_United_states_line_drawing_001.jpg (133 kB)

http://www.tactical-life.com/gear/oshkosh-defense-unveils-six-new-m-atv-variants/

http://oshkoshdefense.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/OshD_Global_M-ATV_BrchSnglpgs_LowRes.pdf

Edited by RobertHammer

Nice drawings, did you do them yourself?

Nope they are from here: http://ymorno.ru/index.php?showtopic=58538

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Voted up, but i think in long term it would be better if they make a feature which allow us to change the vehicle loadout with commands. This make better maintainability for modelers over vehicles and open new possibilities(have to maintain only one base).

I agree, Arma 3 tends to shift towards modular design, and it gives the game its uniqueness. I think this should be expanded further.

I wish they would expand further with Naval assets though over MRAP's. Just to have a more punch, or a little more Naval presence in game. As it is current, there is virtually none.

"\A3\Structures_F\Ind\Transmitter_Tower\Communication_F.p3d";

"\A3\Structures_F\Ind\Transmitter_Tower\TTowerSmall_1_F.p3d";

These two models cannot be added as proxies to another model. They appear fine in bulldozer, but do not render ingame. Their geometry does get applied though, just shadows/res that doesn't appear. Would be nice if this got fixed at some point. There might be other models that have issues as well.

Anyone notice the mouse control for land vehicles has become severely stunted in the recent updates? You used to be able to use mouse for precision steering and now it feels like it's constantly fighting you to straighten out and tries to instantly recenter the steering wheel.

Helicopter Radar still inept. It's there, but nothing shows up on it on any helicopter. Am i the only one getting this? I can't see signatures for other vehicles. Land or Air. It's just empty.

Wha... seriously? In all the Arma's they had it and suddenly decided to strip it? While it's probably realistic, idk what to say about this one. Anyhow, thanks for the reply. I'll relay it to all those that asked me the same question... Though, seeing as it's "2035" more helicopters would probably begin having radars for safety improvements...

I think it's a step in the right direction.

First of all, 2035 (which is only 20 years away) most likely won't see radar in everything big enough to hold one. They will always be heavy, expensive, and potentially damaging to any strategic situation.

It seems that BI has acknowledged the fact that the implementation of radar in this game is extremely unrealistic and "overpowered" (hate to use that word, but the radars in this game work like magic without any of the drawbacks a radar in real life has).

Moving toward less "magic" tech will force players to use their own eyes and use their own skills instead of just relying on shortcuts like the radar.

Certain vehicles should certainly have it - the AAA tanks like the Tigris and Cheetah should have a pulse-Doppler style radar that sweeps around and updates slowly, and attack helicopters should have millimetre-wave style radar that reveals and displays targets 60 degrees in front of them and up to approximately 8 kilometres away, similar to the AH-64D Apache's AN/APG-78 Longbow Fire Control Radar.

What we should do is give all advanced vehicles (anything higher tech than an MRAP) a Radar Warning Receiver, which would display any vehicles that were emitting radiation (i.e. radar waves). Using a radar comes at a cost - anything with passive radar detection will know you are there. You trade your low profile for knowledge, which is how it works in real life. Emitting radar waves is pretty much the same as having big spotlights on your vehicle - it allows you to see the enemy, but it allows the enemy to know that you are looking for them and/or have seen them.

I don't know where we'll end up, it's hard to say how much BI would be willing to focus on radar simulation in a game where it isn't central to the gameplay, but we're going in the right direction.

Helicopter Radar still inept. It's there, but nothing shows up on it on any helicopter. Am i the only one getting this? I can't see signatures for other vehicles. Land or Air. It's just empty.

So no more super radar? Pretty good thing IMO.

The radar still works for attack choppers. I read somewhere that this was a design decision, it may have been posted in this thread or I may have heard it during the live stream.

Ok ok, I agree, I will have to use my senses more. However, shouldn't certain military helicopters have Radar still though? The Hellcat is a SuperLynx, a Naval Helicopter. The Radar is gone. The Mohawk is also a Naval Helicopter. Radar is also gone. I would expect at least those to keep a radar. Or am I completely wrong?

I found an error in the mission Death Valley: "Bravo are safe"

It should be: "Bravo is safe" :rolleyes:

Might be referring to Bravo as individuals instead of a single entity. I agree that it's odd phrasing though.

Ok ok, I agree, I will have to use my senses more. However, shouldn't certain military helicopters have Radar still though? The Hellcat is a SuperLynx, a Naval Helicopter. The Radar is gone. The Mohawk is also a Naval Helicopter. Radar is also gone. I would expect at least those to keep a radar. Or am I completely wrong?

You're COMPLETELY WRONG. Haha just kidding :) I actually don't know about transport helicopters and radar, I'm sure they have Radar Warning Receivers to warn them of potential threats but this would only show enemies who are emitting radar waves (jet fighters, attack helicopters, AAA, etc). Radar on helicopters is actually rather uncommon, because there is no easy place to put one, and air to ground radar is a little more complicated than air to air radar. The AH-64D Longbow has its AN/APG-78 Longbow radar (the donut shaped thing on top of the rotor), and the AH-1Z can mount the Longbow on its wing like this, but in general only attack helicopters have radar, used primarily as a fire control system. It's possible that transport helicopters could have pulse-doppler (regular air-detecting radar) to detect air threats, but I doubt it.

The radar still works for attack choppers. I read somewhere that this was a design decision, it may have been posted in this thread or I may have heard it during the live stream.

And a good design decision at that. Unlike most helicopters (and vehicles in general), attack helicopters like the AH-1Z, AH-64D, and most likely the AH-66 (aka our AH-99 Blackfoot) have Fire Control Radars like the AH-64D's AN/APG-78 Longbow Radar (on top of rotor), whereas a helicopter like the AH-9 or UH-80 wouldn't have one.

Quote ripped from information site.

The AW101 is equipped with the Blue Kestrel search and detection radar which is capable of 360 degree scanning and can detect small targets as far as 25 nautical miles.[45][65] As part of the Royal Navy's Merlin HM2 upgrade program, Lockheed Martin implemented a series of improvements to the radar, notably allowing it to track 40 times the number of targets previously capable.[66] Danish EH101s are fitted with the RDR-1600 search and weather radar.[62] Royal Navy Merlins are equipped with the AQS901 anti-submarine system for processing sonographic data from sonobuoys to detect and target submerged submarines. The AQS901 was derived from the system on the earlier Hawker Siddeley Nimrod maritime patrol aircraft.[67]

And this is waaaaay before 2035 even.

Quote ripped from information site.

Huh, I never considered early-warning type radar to be on a helicopter. On the RDR-1600, I almost put "and perhaps detect the weather" under reasons they might have a radar but didn't.

Well I guess the cable detecting systems that are nowadays present on any new military helicopter are some sort of radar systems already.

Yay!