all in all looks like a promising update just played and no error messages and game runs smooth a supermodel's ass :)

Wow... what a changelog! 200MB to go! Looks like amazing changes :D

Wow. The Alamut. Wow. I. Wow.

Guys. This is just like the ACE Rpg. It even has the correct crosshairs! Guys. Guuuuuuuyyyysssss. I am fangirling so much right now even though its just a little thing. Hopefully the AI can cope with this too. Now we only need some fix for the magic titan missiles and then the AT stuff will be splendid³

I´ve not understood the changes for the weapon handling, though.

Another thing that remains is the encumbrance/weight system. The light AT doesn't kill the IFVs anymore so easily, though, so that's good.

Edit: Only thing that's missing from the Alamut right now is a launch effect.

Edited by InstaGoat

Wow... what a changelog! 200MB to go! Looks like amazing changes :D.

Edit. Very nice changes to the launchers!

Edited by Byku

Great changelog :)

New armour penetration system? That sounds very promising! It doesn't even have to be 100% accurate - just a thing that modders could make use of :)

I wonder what are those fire-effects on APC - anyone?

"AMV and Kamysh properly eject shells" - Anyone seeing this? Like the new AT sights.

'Drivers have gone to training lessons to improve their driving capabilities'

FINALLY !

FINALLY !

And they can stay there for as long as needs be!

FINALLY !

I won't believe till I see it in-game.

Very nice changed and alamut is great - reminds me a ACE mod like InstaGoat said

didnt tested the armour yet - i hope for a good improvement

also Mk20 still reloads too fast , reload sound is slower

some pretty frigging cool things in the dev! you guys sure are cranking things up a notch. impressed.

Drivers have gone to training lessons to improve their driving capabilities

Assigned new style collision envelopes to movement with rifle. This should fix several issues with clipping, sticking and walking through walls. Also improves character handling, as the rotation axis is now moved under characters head, instead of it's feet. Pistol envelopes remain old-style for comparison, but will shortly follow.

and most importantly

Knees of pilot look better

:yay::yay:

I won't believe till I see it in-game.

I can confirm that driving has improved, I did the same test I did recently and the first case (waypoint only in the airbase) worked fine this time with a single hunter, even crossed the bridge. Still, convoy driving has issues left, mostly because different speeds don't really go well together

All in all, though, an improvement. Me like :)

- APCs damage model has been improved

- Added new penetration materials for armoured vehicles

Would it be possible to get a clarification on these improvements ? This sounds very interesting, to say the least, but I don't want to get my hopes too high

Assigned new style collision envelopes to movement with rifle. This should fix several issues with clipping, sticking and walking through walls. Also improves character handling, as the rotation axis is now moved under characters head, instead of it's feet. Pistol envelopes remain old-style for comparison, but will shortly follow.

We're particularly interested in feedback regarding this. Duke Vespa has already done some basic testing, but we're rolling this tweak out perhaps a bit earlier than usual to identify any potential problems early.

• Reduced sticking/snagging in confined spaces
  • Clipping through walls reduced
  • Looking through walls using Q/E reduced

It's considered to be a 'small evolutionary step', but it should help reduce unexpected clunkiness particularly when navigating urban environments.

Best,

RiE

The armor system... well.. i don't see much difference except that now i can SHOOT THROUGH(!?) Panther with 30mm ap rounds(they enter from one side, exit from the other)... i've tested also 4000 7,62 rounds to panther and GMG effect on apcs. So not much difference for now.

Still no sector module fix xP Ah well, I'm sure it will be resolved sooner or later.

I like the sound of the driving enhancements though.

AI is stucking with pistols again. They only stay prone at the same position and rotate. Seem to happen usually after firefight.

Fixed lighting of 3D GUI objects

Maybe my topic of lighting ? More info ?

Edited by GranolaBar

I don't see much difference except that now i can SHOOT THROUGH Panther with 30mm ap rounds(they enter from one side, exit from the other)

Yes, crew inside armoured vehicles has the possibility of being hit by AP rounds.

Fire geometry is considered WIP, our Top Dentist is working splendidly on it. Still need to address issues of projectiles penetrating but not exiting/only penetrating the correct places (i.e. not frontal/turret armour).

If these issues can be solved (hello, disclaimer), you'll be the

. :cool:

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

Maybe my topic of lighting ?

More info ?

Also, if i understand, we can now kill the apc crews with penetrate ammo ?

No. That's 3D GUI object lighting, which are Graphical User Interface objects... not your "beta LIGHTING of Vehicules Not-finished"...

No. That's 3D GUI object lighting, which are Graphical User Interface objects... not your "beta LIGHTING of Vehicules Not-finished"...

OK damned :p^^

Some plants, roads and rocks have their specular materials tweaked

For plants, roads and more, better LOD ? or other

Can some check a problem I'm having please? when I move from driver in marshall to gunner I either "twitch" back to driver or end up in the commander seat. Can successfully move from the commander seat to the gunner though. Haven't checked the rest of the armour yet. This is with me being the only unit in the vehicle BTW. Cheers

I can confirm that driving has improved, I did the same test I did recently and the first case (waypoint only in the airbase) worked fine this time with a single hunter, even crossed the bridge. Still, convoy driving has issues left, mostly because different speeds don't really go well together

All in all, though, an improvement. Me like :)

So you got me! I had no other possibility than believe you - so I did. :) If AI driving is smoother then that is definitely an improvement :cool:

Yes, crew inside armoured vehicles has the possibility of being hit by AP rounds.

Fire geometry is considered WIP, our Top Dentist is working on it.

Best,

RiE

I believe that it was possible before, when inside the Marid i've been killed by AP rounds then or maybe the engine calculate things different for light APCs and differently for heavily-armoured APCs/tanks?

Edited by fragmachine