I posted this a couple days ago but it got no responses. Is the camera working for everyone? I've been trying to use it lately and I can't escape and get back into the game. First, I push "esc" and nothing happens, so I have to push it a bunch of times and when it does, all I get is the normal esc/pause screen but when I push continue to get back in the game it just stays in camera mode.

Can someone check this, so I know it's not some addon that broke it.

(...)First, I push "esc" and nothing happens(...)
imho it is the right mousebutton to end the camera mode

Any solution to quit a SP game without save it ?

It's could be fantastic to have a number of savegame for a same scenario and the possibility to quit the game without to save.

Exemple, i test a new mission, a bad mission with bug, i quit to delete it or other and the game save automatically the party. OK. But one time, two time and more, i had some savegame on my folder and i can't clean properly and quickly the folders with many similar name of missions.

Any solution to quit a SP game without save it ?

Yes. This might sound a little bit weird, but kill yourself (in the game, naturally) and you're able to quit without saving... :)

Yes. This might sound a little bit weird, but kill yourself (in the game, naturally) and you're able to quit without saving... :)

OR

ordinateur-marteau_00FA000000805431.jpg

Ok for the tips, maybe a day, after Operation Flashpoint since 2001, we could had this option, maybe lol ...

As the game say : THIS IS WAR, we can't turn off the problem of the war with the Escape Option, damned this is a true simulation (joke)^^, any feedback tracker about this little problem ? Or i open for it.

Good game for all

Will the camera ever follow the head in A3? I'm SICK of leaning and seeing the camera that does not lean with the head. Also, when you die the camera gets locked to a certain position and does not move with the eyes (I've seen countless times the interior of my neck after dying, it's getting annoying) please DEVS take this in cosideration!

Will the camera ever follow the head in A3? I'm SICK of leaning and seeing the camera that does not lean with the head. Also, when you die the camera gets locked to a certain position and does not move with the eyes (I've seen countless times the interior of my neck after dying, it's getting annoying) please DEVS take this in cosideration!

is there a difference between main-branch and dev-branch?

500mb patch on dev branch, what could it be?

Fix & improvement I guess, they would tell you if something bigger was coming.

Fix & improvement I guess, they would tell you if something bigger was coming.

Aha! New radio protocols! This is very major.

Added T-100 recoil animation for main gun

T-100 commander optics features in line with OPFOR tracked vehicles

T-100 back armor made thinner

Now we're getting right direction

;)

Now we're getting right direction

;)

See? It is so easy to make this guy happy :)

Tweaked ammo calibers for more realistic penetration and deflection angles with special focus on pistol bullets

Does anyone know what these tweaks are?

See? It is so easy to make this guy happy :)

happy is a great word, "glad" is more appropriate

I'm still having trouble with binoculars (and rangefinders). basically they won't go into their slot. I can put them into a crate, and even into my inventory, but not into the slot to actually use them. anyone else?

still the same for me. are other people having this issue? I already verified my files, but I'd rather someone confirm they're NOT having this issue (with the dev branch) before I reinstall

edit: found ticket

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14866

Edited by daze23

Cool improvements in tanks, back armor is now definitely less resistant. Now... let's improve the front one ;) so smaller rounds like 30mm would not penetrate it:>(AA armor vs tank). Would be nice if RPG's and NLAW also would NOT penetrate front armor.

I think the stance indicator should show when you press f (as it was earlier I believe). As it is now, I tend to change stance just to have the stance indicator show up, which defeat the purpose of it.

And thanks for the keeping the animals off the roads. :) (haven't tested it)

Edited by Zorg_DK

New layers for Altis (satmap and satmask tweaks)
how is it? Edited by Starky396

If there is problem with penetration or damage handling in armoured vehicles, please report on feedback tracker.

Hi there!

I'm a fan of the series since the release of OFP. After playing 250+ hours of Arma 3 since the early beta, I need to post a feedback and some issues which bother me the most. Overall Arma 3 is a fantastic game with a huge potential. But in detail, there are sadly still some big fun killing issues.

Technical:

1. Flickering distant textures

2. Teleporting through walls (e.g. when debording a vehicle near a wall or object, or just randomly)

3. Teleporting (partly) into walls/rocks/objects or possibility to look through walls/rocks/ objects randomly just by moving nearby

4. Getting stuck on/at rocks/cliffs, in doorsills (when the house is damaged)

5. Improper animation of reloading weapons and rearming launchers.

6. Increase lifetime of bullets please (e.g. I was trying to shoot at a hovering chopper with 6.5mm and the bullets just kept disappearing).

Sound:

1. Gunsounds of Zafir, small caliber Gatlings, large caliber Helicopter/Jet Gatlings/Autocannons, 35mm AA Cannon are puny, unrealistic and just awful immersion/fun-killers.

This is the real life gun used in the Comanche (Blufor Attack Chopper):

(watch from 0:25)

Arma 3 needs to be closer to that RL experience. We need the damage, rate of fire and sound to be closer to the real gun!

This is the 7.62mm Zafir in real life:

(watch from 0:50)

Please rework the sound in Arma 3!

This is the 7.62mm Gatling in real life:

(watch from 0:10)

Rate of fire is too low in Arma 3 (real life: ~ 50 rounds per second!) and the soundeffect is a fail.

This is the 35mm AA Autocannon in real life:

(watch from 0:15)

Sounds comparison :/

This is the Arma 3 Hunter in real life:

(watch from beginning)

Listen to the sound. Non-tracked vehicles are really missing realistic sounds.

2. Firefight/ambient sounds

Real firefight:

(watch from 1:00)

Warsounds/battlesounds/gunfire need to be hearable at much longer distances! Decrease the fading volume and increase the distance gunfire and other battlesounds are hearable majorly! You're standing on a hill 1 km away from a town with a major firefight going on and see all the tracers flying around - and you can't hear nothing! Of course no real life parameters, but a major tweak please!

Balancing:

1. Increase vehicle ammo (especially vehicle autocannon) to a realistic amount! Major fun and realism killer. Vehicles with 20-40mm autocannons are storing at least 200-500+ rounds in real life! Some of them maybe need to be reloaded, but that shouldn't be a problem in Arma! Same with .50 cal ammo. Humvees take at least always 3 cases of ammo with them (3x 200+ rounds). I'm sure it won't disturb the balancing because it's still pretty much limited and vehicle ammo is usually hard to get.

2. Blufor badly needs a counterpart for the BTR Kamysh. Neither the Panther nor the Marshall are able to compete with the Kamysh in any way. Making the Marshall faster and slightly increasing the damage and rate of fire of the 40mm could solve the issue. Otherwise Blufor should get another APC (maybe something like the brand new South Korean K21? ;) )

http://www.forte.jor.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/K-21.jpg

3. Tanks: Slammer should have at least a 7,62mm coaxial gun or better .50 cal to be able to compete with the T-100.

4. Blufor is lacking a counterpart for the Zafir. The 6,5mm are too weak to effectively supress enemies in far-away firefights.

5. patched the second I posted :)

6. Vehicle smoke screen is not densely enough and it takes too long to build up. Vehicle smoke screen in real life:

(watch from 3:20) Edited by pils

pils refer to developer zGuba post about how to provide feedback about armor/penetration/damage.