and that the weapon keeps the firing mode. everytime you get in vehicle with full auto, you get out the vehicle with single fire, that

is really painfull if you have enemies nearby und you think you are on full auto.

agree yea

I really hate that the people always say: Oh that's something the community can sort out with mods. because on the majority of public servers you will see no mods, as it would decrease the playerbase too much... I think it's just wrong that all NATO soldiers in the game have godamn US flags on their uniform, I don't like the US Army to say it gently and I do not want to play any stupid US soldier, it just sucks! But I am tired of always going opfor or independent just to kill these US soldiers.

Could have been worded a bit more tastefully but I agree, even a US citizen I'm tired of playing as the US military in games all the time, seeing the Merkava and other none US vehicles really had me excited for A3, especially the involving of NATO not "US" hinting multi nationals, seems a bit wierd to see guys with old glory operating all vehicles including foreign ones.

Anywho, this may interest you http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13202

Edited by NodUnit

So, BIS, any chance of changing the flag?

Calm down, it's Friday and nearly evening here in Europe. It was just put in in the last update, give them time to take it out again.

Could have been worded a bit more tastefully but I agree, even a US citizen I'm tired of playing as the US military in games all the time, seeing the Merkava and other none US vehicles really had me excited for A3, especially the involving of NATO not "US" hinting multi nationals, seems a bit wierd to see guys with old glory operating all vehicles including foreign ones.

Anywho, this may interest you http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13202

And what multinationals would that be? You mean the UKSF? Yeah, well, they aren't even in the game yet. The NATO forces currently in the game (with the MTP-that-is-really-Multicam combat uniforms) were always meant to be the US. They are the US 7th ID. I don't like that they added the US flag to the normal map though. Kinda makes it hard to make retextures and such when the US flag is showing up.

The flags are on the uniforms as they should be according to Geneva Conventions (hey, someone wanted authenticity but dislikes a random part of it). Modders are not prohibited to make their own variants as both hiddenSelectionsTextures and hiddenSelectionsMaterials work. Our programmers know about the wounding materials issue and may work on that but don't count this as a promise. As for me, I don't see a reason to change the flags :icon_twisted:

Editor > BluFor > NATO > Man > Rifleman

Preview

'Murica Rifleman

setobjecttexture doesn't actually appear to be working on the updated NATO uniform model for me. Works on the updated AAF and CSAT uniforms, but doesn't appear to be doing anything to the NATO ones

I've tried

this setobjecttexture [N,""]

With the hiddenselection number N set from 0 to 4 and it does nothing.

On the CSAT and AAF

this setobjecttexture [0,""]

makes the camo selection transparent like it should do, and

this setobjecttexture [1,""]

works on the CSAT thermal undersuit.

Can anyone else confirm?

The flags are on the uniforms as they should be according to Geneva Conventions (hey, someone wanted authenticity but dislikes a random part of it). Modders are not prohibited to make their own variants as both hiddenSelectionsTextures and hiddenSelectionsMaterials work. Our programmers know about the wounding materials issue and may work on that but don't count this as a promise. As for me, I don't see a reason to change the flags :icon_twisted:

Geneva? Not quite what people mean when they request realism. It's realism by function not by form, the way things operate as opposed to their organization, that comes down to the mission designers.

There will always be certain parts that nobody wants..infantry filling out paperwork, laundry, cleaning your weapons, laying down cables fore claymores, field maintenance (IE lose a track, get a hammer and knock a link out, replace link and so on)

Edited by NodUnit

So you guys think that the whole of NATO decides on one uniform and one main battle rifle? Only the little flag patches are different?

Well you can't exactly have everything from the start can you? A little texture change is completely different from- different model, texture, materials, hand points, etc.

So you guys think that the whole of NATO decides on one uniform and one main battle rifle? Only the little flag patches are different?

No, and I can see your argument there. But it's a bit late in the game for that (No pun intended).

The flags are on the uniforms as they should be according to Geneva Conventions (hey, someone wanted authenticity but dislikes a random part of it). :icon_twisted:

And this is what metalcraze meant with: I get more and more the feeling devs are fooling with us.

ADDED: Field manual now correctly describes ways to steal UAVs

I didn't see anything. I'm guessing they mean they removed what it previously said about stealing UAVs. another case of sarcastic patch note I guess...

Umm.... i don't get the problem with the flag :P. Why it's wrong? According to Wiki USA is the major force of NATO, and defence expenditures of USA is around 70% of total defence expenditures of NATO, so i wouldn't be surprised if we would be controlling US soldiers, it's rather logical, although some of that equipment is strange :P(Merkava). Anyway, it would be nice if changing it would possible for multiplayer sake(seeing your nations flag on your uniform would be awesome)

Edited by Byku

No reason to change them? How about the fact that they are reversed (backwards) on one arm, pretty sure the good old US of A do not have Old Glory facing reverse on any uniform.....or am I mistaken?

Umm.... i don't get the problem with the flag :P. Why it's wrong? According to Wiki USA is the major force of NATO, and defence expenditures of USA is around 70% of total defence expenditures of NATO, so i wouldn't be surprised if we would be controlling US soldiers, it's rather logical, although some of that equipment is strange :P(Merkava). Anyway, it would be nice if changing it would possible for multiplayer sake(seeing your nations flag on your uniform would be awesome)

That is a really bad argument. Just because the USA spends an unnecessary high amount of money, all NATO countries have to wear the US Flag and we have to play only for US?

No reason to change them? How about the fact that they are reversed (backwards) on one arm, pretty sure the good old US of A do not have Old Glory facing reverse on any uniform.....or am I mistaken?

The Americans reverse the flag on the right arm so it is never "going backwards..."

Yeah stupid I know but that's what they do.

It's silly nonsense, the side fastened to the pole faces the soldiers front so that it looks as though it waves when they move forward or is oriented the same from both directions even if they turn.

Edited by NodUnit

That is a really bad argument. Just because the USA spends an unnecessary high amount of money, all NATO countries have to wear the US Flag and we have to play only for US?

But we don't have "all NATO countries" in Arma :).

But we have the NATO Faction, not the US Army/US what ever forces.

(hey, someone wanted authenticity but dislikes a random part of it).

I don't dislike that they are flags, just that it's again US.

I don't dislike that they are flags, just that it's again US.

Exactly. Give us either a way to choose our flag or put a general NATO Patch, like RH posted.

Also comments like that from a dev are pretty arrogant when the list of problems and axed features is longer than ever.

a flag (an actual flag on a pole) has two sides. one side is not "backwards". it's kinda convention to put the stars on the left, but ultimately that's just because it's not symmetrical, and one of two possible representations has become more popular

(hey, someone wanted authenticity but dislikes a random part of it)

Does that mean we also get authentic turn speeds (especially prone)?

Please don't use authenticity as a jab towards players/customers when you're being random about it yourself.