By default, 3rd person view should be enabled on:  

355 members have voted

1. 1. By default, 3rd person view should be enabled on:

• Recruit
    • Regular
    • Veteran
    • Elite
    • None

Right now I love seeing the animations and stances so I use 3rd person a lot and not up to you when I use it thanks.

Playing with or without 3rd person are two totally different ways of playing ArmA.

With 3rd person, i use it to look over walls and such. But i do enjoy looking at my character while i play!

Without 3rd person, it gets more intense, as i can't look over walls. But i don't get to see my character while i play anymore.

So they're both ways of playing that i enjoy. But i do hope for many servers with 1st person only in the future, might host myself if i get the capacity.

Right now I love seeing the animations and stances so I use 3rd person a lot and not up to you when I use it thanks.

But.. 3 out of 4 vanilla difficulities are with 3rd person. It would only be fair with 2/4! :) Hehe!

Edited by Winfernal

But i do enjoy looking at my character while i play!
This is enough reason for me to stick to 3rd-person servers! :D Plus it acts as a convenient "stance check" that doesn't require mods unless BI formally adds one...

For those who would mock it as "playing dress up barbie durr"... that's part of the fun of this game! :lol:

But i do enjoy looking at my character while i play!
might host myself if i get the capacity.The best solution.
but i've lost hope in BIS changing real things a long time ago :D
The best solution for those who want the removal of 3rd-person: ABANDON ALL HOPE. :icon_twisted:

Do you guys assume most server hosters never adjust the difficulty settings to their own liking before they host a game? I really don't think that happens with most servers.

If you've figured out how to set up a dedicated server for ArmA, you've probably given the difficulty settings a once over too.

This is enough reason for me to stick to 3rd-person servers! :D Plus it acts as a convenient "stance check" that doesn't require mods unless BI formally adds one...

I'm using an Addon for stance check in 1st person while i wait for BI to add one. :) It is very good!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19017

I play on 1st person most of the time because it just adds to the immersion. Third person is for long boring walks but I normally don't use it. I think anything about regular should have it disabled.

I wished all servers went with no 3rd person, so much more immersive to play like that.

Recruit or Regular for me. Though I do play team missions in First person restricted.

I don't use third person in any actual missions, but I use it for mission making and looking around. So to save me changing settings, I use Veteran most of the time, I have voted for it on all upto and including veteran.

Recruit only (ie: just barely not removing it because it isn't an issue in co-op) because it's so exploitable.

I don't use third person in any actual missions, but I use it for mission making and looking around. So to save me changing settings, I use Veteran most of the time, I have voted for it on all upto and including veteran.

Me too, my veteran is set up the same way.

Is people playing in other diffucult other that veteran/elite? think game is to easy then. I make a costum difficult on the other hand. But i love play at ultra hard :D

I would easily set up an 1st person server, if i only had the resources. And I'll gladly favorite every 1st person server i find.

3th person only in recruit, regular with map icons, veteran and above no map peaking and no 3th person.

I hate 3rd person, especially on PVPs.

3rd person is a cheap and unrealistic element, it should only be on for recruits. Too often I see videos of people playing 3rd person to peak around corners without physically being in the line of fire... that shouldn't be possible.

Primarily COOP player so 3rd person is important, but should be restricted to recruit and regular (I'd be happy with even just recruit). What I'd love to see is the ACE module or something similar - force 1st person outside vehicles - in A3

talk about pointless threads...are you people telling me your so lazy that you don't want to be bothered using a simple drop down box in your class difficulty settings and clicking on a save button???? Who cares what it says "out of the box"...its an option for all...turn it on or turn it off, click save and be done with it. Servers are same thing...set it and forget it.