sickboy

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3 Alpha

I have a problem with CBA as a addonmarker.

What I done is a reskinn of the Off-road to a UN vehicle, now this works perfectly. I just disabled the eventhandlers from bis (that had one init for the random textures).

But with extended eventhandlers, I do get random textures, which isn't what I want.

My code:

// Vehicles

class c_offroad;

class sfp_un_offroad: c_offroad

{

displayname="Offroad (UN)";

scope = 2;

crew = "sfp_m90w_un_rifleman_ak5";

side = 1;

faction = "sfp_swe_2015";

hiddenSelections[] = {"camo","camo2"};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\sfp_retextures\data\offroad\offroad_ext_un_co.paa","\sfp_retextures\data\offroad\offroad_ext_un_co.paa"};

class EventHandlers

{

};

};

So please, can you "not force" your addon over mine?

I have a problem with CBA as a addonmarker.

What I done is a reskinn of the Off-road to a UN vehicle, now this works perfectly. I just disabled the eventhandlers from bis (that had one init for the random textures).

But with extended eventhandlers, I do get random textures, which isn't what I want.

My code:

So please, can you "not force" your addon over mine?

We'll investigate if we can somehow deal with this by design,

so far i'm afraid it is not technically feasable due to the nature of the component and engine limitations.

Although on the account of BIS defined texture init events we could make an exception by default so that these never apply to subclasses unless explicitly defined.

A workaround could be to add to config.cpp:

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers { class sfp_un_offroad { SLX_BIS = ""; }; };

Edited by Sickboy

Play withSIX seems to insist running CBA_CO, even when CBA_A2 and CBA_OA are the mods specifically listed in the yml, but it doesn't update/run the OA beta - I get an error for missing the CCP when we try to run the game with CBA_CO. Any chance to have Play withSIX correctly detect the correct CBAs needed?

I would like to report a bug. When running @CBA_A3 mod - the forced functions (forced=1) in cfgFunctions are executed twice.

Grab this simple addon:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gn72ay6v3lmzy3e/%40TEST.zip

Make sure you are running Arma 3 without the -world=empty.

With -mod=@CBA_A3;@TEST you will see two systemChat entries when launching the game (during the intro/menu mission)

With -mod=@TEST you will see one entry

I haven't tested if this is just the case with cfgFunctions defined in addons or it actually affects the BIS functions. Here is a list of BIS functions that are forced:

BIS_fnc_feedbackMain (FSM)

BIS_fnc_missionFlow (FSM)

BIS_fnc_missionDebug

BIS_fnc_missionHandlers

BIS_fnc_initMultiplayer

BIS_fnc_initRespawn

The addon is quite simple:

Config.cpp

class CfgPatches
{
class TEST
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.5;
	requiredAddons[] = {};
};
};

// Function definitions
class CfgFunctions
{
class TEST
{
	tag = "TEST";
	file = "\Test";

class Test
	{
		class init
		{
			description = "Forced test function.";
			headerType = -1;
			forced = 1;
		};
	};
};
};

fn_init.sqf

systemChat ("TEST:init");
diag_log ("TEST:init");

Edit: Running the @CBA_A3 beta3.

Edited by simast

Can you update the first post with Beta 3 information? I think a few people will just read the first post to try to grab the latest version.

Any way to get the proper Sigs and Keys.... Someone else tried to provide them but they are not the Original mod maker and cannot distribute the fix... Can you as the mod maker please add the correct Signatures and bikeys... Thanks

And considering someone else was able to do it I imagine that the OG should take less time to Fix it since its their mod... IE: the bulk of the work is done we just need working Signatures and Bikeys....

And HOW DARE THEY do a fix when they are not the author ! Jesus some people around here are so arrogant.

You have gone down in my estimation Lordprimate!

Kremator clam down..

To create key and sign files for other people's is fine.

Even to repack addons is fine everywhere except inside this forum for some non meaningful reasons.

If they would enforce this rule to the letter, most hosts like armaholic, armabase, PwS would not be able to mirror any files.

Since BIS claimed that lazy evaluation is back to ArmA3 for some time in the corresponding ticket can we get related CBA update?

Since BIS claimed that lazy evaluation is back to ArmA3 for some time in the corresponding ticket can we get related CBA update?

The good thing is Xeno has already finished the code in OA. The merge to A3 followed by internal tests is in progress by members of the CBA team in between real life and new computer setups.

You can follow the progress here.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71881

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Edited by ViperMaul

I am wondering if CBA_A3 still works since the 0.6 update on amra 3.

I ask because I can not get the mod I want to run on my server.

And found this in the rpt file.

versioning - cba_main - Not running! (Machine: B Alpha 1-1:1 (Chrispottsov1987) (Chrispottsov1987))

Not sure if this is because I was not running CBA on the client, which I was not, as I was ensured this was a server side mod only and would require NO one joining to run any mods. CBA or the ServerSkill mod in question.

Not sure about rules on linking topics on here, but as its not on a competitors site I think I should be ok. Sorry if this violates any forum rules.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152393-zeu_ServerSkill-(Serverside-AI-skill-setting-addon-with-userconfig-configuration)

There is bug that exist with CBA A3 - Fireplace (Fire) won't be lighted on start of the mission if theres no: this inflame true - in the init line.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5770#bugnotes

This problem has been identified and fixed. Thanks for the report (although it should not have been reported to the BIS A3 feedback, since it was a problem with CBA) :)

NM.

went to six for download

Edited by Bigpickle

CBA_A3 breaks current dev branch update which is A3 Beta. So chances are - same will happen to "stable" release on tuesday.

Bugs are: all lines in official missions are repeated twice and use side channel (instead of vehicle channel too, like in vanilla)

In "night" showcase instead of being placed correctly on the boat you are placed almost under it with lots of clipping. One dialogue also enters endless loop further in the mission.

The twice repeated radio messages bug has been here for quite a while now: a real shame, since I will probably stop using CBA to enjoy the new Beta content... :(

Yay!

CBA_A3 breaks current dev branch update which is A3 Beta. So chances are - same will happen to "stable" release on tuesday.

Bugs are: all lines in official missions are repeated twice and use side channel (instead of vehicle channel too, like in vanilla)

In "night" showcase instead of being placed correctly on the boat you are placed almost under it with lots of clipping. One dialogue also enters endless loop further in the mission.

Can confirm this, CBA leads to double up of some objects, radio messages and scripts.

With the boat two boats with drivers spawn in the same place, with you on the bottom one. The radio messages double up and eventually all events fail, explosions no longer progress the night mission and the last two radio messages repeat indefinitely.

CBA reliant mods also seem to fail, VTS weapon resting does, which is my main concern. That mod is a must have.

Yes, it has been confirmed by Outlawled, the Mag Repack Mod creator, that scritps do not get loaded correctly by CBA, thus ALL CBA-related Mods do not work anymore with the new Beta:

I think the problem might be CBA.

I tested my mod, which uses CBA's Extended Post-Init EventHandlers to run the Mag Repack scripts initially, and it didn't work, so I tested my scripts by themselves, calling them from a mission script, and they worked fine.

Yay!

Seems like some kind of the XEH doesnt work (post?), but this one does:

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers 
{
XXX_init = "[] execVM 'XXX\init.sqf'";
};

Edited by aeroson

Any news about updated CBA ?

may be we shall wait until 25th of june and beyond...just a guess

Seems like some kind of the XEH doesnt work (post?), but this one does:

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers 
{
XXX_init = "[] execVM 'XXX\init.sqf'";
};

that's good to hear. i was worried for a second. i'm relying on XEH a lot these days.