sickboy

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3 Alpha

Is there a wiki somewhere that details all Extended Event Handlers? Would be extremely useful.

The most information I could find was on CBA functions/macros:

http://dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/index/Functions.html

I still haven't found an answer to this vital question. I get the feeling that with XEH there will be so many more possibilities, but without knowing the commands there is nothing I can do.

If someone could please provide some info, it would be much appreciated :)

I cant get the CBA_fnc_taskDefend to make them mount available MG etc. what am I doing wrong

_FOB3grp4 = [getMarkerPos "FOB1", EAST, (configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF_F" >> "Infantry" >> "OIA_InfTeam")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
[_FOB3grp4,getMarkerPos "FOB1_gp1",25,20] call CBA_fnc_taskDefend;

The group spawns and walk to FOB_gp1 marker, but they dont utilizes the hardware available at the location

Hi CBA Devs,

I'm having a problem using Say3d directly of your Fired EH, I've found I'm getting a delay of about a second between pulling the trigger and my sample playing. This delay seems to have come about since beta 4, I wondered if you have experienced this too?

I'm truly stumped as to why this delay is happening, I have thoroughly searched Say3d to see if it could be related to that command instead, yet it appears that that command is the most efficient of all the group of SFX commands especially for MP.

Any help with trying to solve or find a work around would be very much appreciated.

Bp

Well, you could try test with a regular event handler added via script in the mission itself. If you still get a delay, then I don't think it's CBA :)

So I've heard that all addons that use CBA do not work when a game is loaded (mid-mission)... is this still an issue? is this a hard limitation, any way to fix it?

Hey CBA devs!

I'm sure you know this already however, with the release of AiA and A3MP (conversion and maps) CBA seems to cause a little glitch towards to the top left of the screen (but only on certain maps). Do you gurus know what is causing this or perhaps even have a fix ?

^ just to add to krem's comment it seems to be on maps that are A2 conversions or have A2 object in them perhaps?

ie: this appears on Koplic, Utes, Chernarus, but not Takistan or Daiyou Island

AiA already has the fix for a long time..

well... do we have to beg... or are you planning on sharing? or is this only privileged info?? are you just here to taunt us or is it because no one has specifically asked, " how do we get rid of this glitch?"...

preytell

if it was as simple as a search as a search function on the forums i would have found it by now, but searching threw a mod for a needle in a haystack is different..

Edited by Lordprimate

i've submitted it to CBA back then and its available in AiA .. what else should I have done?

if people want to see activity in the CBA team, they are best to join it and help out. so will you?

Srry I dont have AIA and dont know much about scripting. So what should i do to fix this problem any solutions or have i change something in the config or so ?.

I can only assume that you took my previous post as "asshole sarcasm" however, it was suppose to be just a good ole poke.. Like, " heyyyy, what do i gotta Beg.:p" but yea. I just ment,"What is the fix?" IE.. what lines of code in your mod fix this problem. is there any way you could point us to the fix WithIn your mod? Did you post the fix on DevHeaven? if so i wouldnt know where to look to find it.

It would be greatly appreciated!!!

Im sure that CBA team will get to it. BUT as you have a fix now, there really is no reason we can't patch it for personal use, until they fix it(with out having to use AiA...)

Edited by Lordprimate

Quick question.

IF a server has CBA, can vanilla clients connect to it?

Thanks ahead of time

Yes, clients will have no problem connecting.

We've been running CBA on our A2 server for over a year with no issues.

;2582606']i've submitted it to CBA back then and its available in AiA

Thanks for info kju

i'm running into problems using class based XEHs (like "fired" on all CAManBase) lately. configs that worked before don't anymore. the weird part is that when i do a hint from the XEH it works. but doing execVM does nothing at all.

any ideas what's happening here?

post a pastebin to your code

Most likely the execVM is the prob. Preprocess the code in preInit XEH and spawn/call it.

ok will try. thx! it's weird though that it worked before. i've been doing it like this for ages. must be something inside arma that changed.

Edited by Bad Benson
fat fingers -.-

Well, you could try test with a regular event handler added via script in the mission itself. If you still get a delay, then I don't think it's CBA :)

Delay is not happening with regular event handler

Can anyone confirm that the default "killed" eh doesn't work on choppers? Crash a chopper without CBA and it leaves the scripted dirt trail. Activate CBA and it disappears. I edited functions_f directly to confirm, I added hints to the fn_effectKilled.sqf file, and it works for planes, tanks, cars etc. but not helicopters.