sickboy

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3 Alpha

Any ETA on the fix as all our missions require CBA and are now Broke :(

Work in progress already, don't have a ETA for you though.

Is CBA completely broken? Or only some features?

At least a hotfix removing the bugged features until they can be re-implemented in a working fashion would be much appreciated.

Luckily for me I'm still using the stable Alpha build :)

Can EEH pbo be used separately from all CBA? Might be a temporary workaround to get the most commonly used functionality of CBA.

The stable Alpha build was also updated today to remove SVI.

From what I can tell, most of the CBA functions still work.

CBA is using setVehicleInit in 4 files:

Processing file : \cba_common\x\cba\addons\common\fnc_switchPlayer.sqf
Line  66 -  _newUnit <setVehicleInit> format["this setVehicleVarName '%1'; %1 = this", _ar select 7];
Found 1 occurrences.
Processing file : \cba_network\x\cba\addons\network\fnc_cv.sqf
Line  27 -    //_object <setVehicleInit> format["this setVehicleVarName '%1'; %1 = this", _varName];
Line  31 -    _object <setVehicleInit> _init;
Found 2 occurrences.
Processing file : \cba_network\x\cba\addons\network\XEH_postServerInit.sqf
Line   9 - CBA_logic <setVehicleInit> QUOTE(if(!isDedicated)then{[]spawn{waitUntil{player == player};GVAR(joinN) = DATA;publicVariable 'GVAR(joinN)'}});
Found 1 occurrences.
Processing file : \cba_versioning\x\cba\addons\versioning\XEH_postInitServer.sqf
Line  42 - CBA_logic <setVehicleInit> _str;
Found 1 occurrences.

Work in progress already, don't have a ETA for you though.

Big thx for your hard work, just take your time we wait :).

Beta3 released.

This release addresses the recent security changes in the Arma 3 Alpha Stable Branch. Along with some bug fixes by Sickboy and Dr. EyeBall.

This package includes temporary signatures.

Be sure to read the README.TXT file within for Known Issues and Requests for Feedback.

Hosted at the following:

much needed and much appreciated. the short time without working XEH showed again how essential this really is.

you are making us modders really happy with such an early fix. thanks a lot for the dedication.

and now everybody upvote this (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7942) so these gurus can use their talents to make even more amazing stuff instead of fixing the game for us :p

Many thanks CBA team for your hard work on this. This work is invaluable !!!

Upvoted!

much needed and much appreciated. the short time without working XEH showed again how essential this really is.

you are making us modders really happy with such an early fix. thanks a lot for the dedication.

and now everybody upvote this (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7942) so these gurus can use their talents to make even more amazing stuff instead of fixing the game for us :p

I already voted on this and I noticed that it has 3 neg votes... who in their right mind doesn't want this included into the game.. Seriously WTF people...!!

Thanks for the quick update ViperMaul and CBA team!!!

I already voted on this and I noticed that it has 3 neg votes... who in their right mind doesn't want this included into the game.. Seriously WTF people...!!

was pretty baffled by it too. must be some people who browse the tracker and down vote everything they don't understand. or maybe the makers of XEH ;) just kidding ofc

Conspiracy theory .... Devs ?

i have a question about XEH. lately with some early addons for arma 3 there were some problems caused by them all using display event handlers ("keydown").

are those already featured in XEH? and if not would it be possible to add the XEH functionality for them? that would be super useful.

everything like folding map, jump addon and all the others using custom keys would be able to be used together. if i just missed that feature please point me to a description to how to set them up. on the DH page everything is either preinit, postinit or unit based.

Now that Play withSIX can load ArmA 2 addons while running AllInArma, which can I just add cba_a2 and cba_oa to my yml to make CBA work properly with it? Or is there anything else I'm supposed to do?

Now that Play withSIX can load ArmA 2 addons while running AllInArma, which can I just add cba_a2 and cba_oa to my yml to make CBA work properly with it? Or is there anything else I'm supposed to do?

Nope... Just use ArmA 3 CBA...

You'll probably need CBA_A2, OA and A3, in that load order. Possibly what could work also is CO and A3.

CBA_CO complains it needs CCP so it won't load

How about making CBA_A3 not require CBA_A2 and CBA_OA when it's loaded with AiA?

Since whether those are loaded or not makes no difference except CBA_A3 also creates an annoying visual rectangle artifact in the top left quarter of the screen after the "required" message is shown.

CBA_CO complains it needs CCP so it won't load

How about making CBA_A3 not require CBA_A2 and CBA_OA when it's loaded with AiA?

Since whether those are loaded or not makes no difference except CBA_A3 also creates an annoying visual rectangle artifact in the top left quarter of the screen after the "required" message is shown.

If you want to use CBA based addons from A2/OA you must load _CO, or _A2 and _OA because they contain the eventhandlers for A2/OA based assets. They cannot be provided by CBA_A3.

nvm _CO, should be fine to load _A2 and _OA instead, as long as _A3 is loaded last.

If there are errors or issues, it's not strange because there is no official support for these configurations yet, so if it all works, you're in luck.

If you want to use CBA based addons from A2/OA you must load _CO, or _A2 and _OA because they contain the eventhandlers for A2/OA based assets. They cannot be provided by CBA_A3.

nvm _CO, should be fine to load _A2 and _OA instead, as long as _A3 is loaded last.

If there are errors or issues, it's not strange because there is no official support for these configurations yet, so if it all works, you're in luck.

Hmm, I think I'm loading all 3, _CO, _OA and _A2. Are you saying that I should just load either _CO, or _OA + _A2?

Originally it was CBA + _A2 + _OA. Then for 1.63 beta builds with CCP, there's just _CO that replaces all 3 yes.