Dunno if this is the right place for ACE feedback or not, but the BMP-2 needs to have it's damage model looked at. RL it has very thin armor, especially the rear doors, so it should be vulnerable to MK211 Raufoss and .50 SLAP rounds. Neither of those seem to damage it right now.

Dunno if this is the right place for ACE feedback or not, but the BMP-2 needs to have it's damage model looked at. RL it has very thin armor, especially the rear doors, so it should be vulnerable to MK211 Raufoss and .50 SLAP rounds. Neither of those seem to damage it right now.

Actually I think BMP-2 is not the only vehicle vulnerable to .50. Haven't done a thorough in-game test, but IRL M113 for example should also be very vulnerable to .50 (from all directions), and probably a few other lightly armored vehicles. Maybe we should make a ticket with more accurate details. However I wonder how well ACE's armor damage system can simulate penetration of .50 rounds.

It models 12.7mm penetration perfectly well. What happens afterwards is often out of ACE's control because of vehicle models. I know I can turn M113s into pin-cushions, and BMPs too if I use 14.5mm (don't remember about 12.7).

It models 12.7mm penetration perfectly well. What happens afterwards is often out of ACE's control because of vehicle models. I know I can turn M113s into pin-cushions, and BMPs too if I use 14.5mm (don't remember about 12.7).

^this

I´ve used high caliber MGs to fight light armored stuff such as BRDMs.

The problem is that you have to get quite close and you have to aim at the positions where the crew is if you want to kill them.

This is not 100% directly related to this thread. I tried looking all over the place for a Domination thread, but found nothing recent.

I am playing Xeno's ACE Domination!2 but I cannot figure out how lift helicopters are supposed to work. As an engineer one of your primary goals is to recover wrecks out in the field and to repair vehicles, this involves a lot of lifting vehicles with appropriate helicopters. In the mission notes it says I should be able to lift most vehicles with correct utility choppers but yet I see no lift UI nor do I see an option to 'lift vehicle' or similar.

ACE has its own lifting system I do not understand, and I believe it requires two people. The ACE system does not work for us since we cannot afford to have 25% of the players recovering wrecks on our small server. We need a solution where - like in vanilla - a pilot can lift wrecks and vehicles without the need of support personnel. Of course if recruited AI can accomplish this then all is well.

The 'lift UI' on/off toggle is still in the action menu so you must still be able to lift using scripts like the mission notes mentions. Why else would there be notes and an action menu UI toggle still around?

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

This is not 100% directly related to this thread. I tried looking all over the place for a Domination thread, but found nothing recent.

I am playing Xeno's ACE Domination!2 but I cannot figure out how lift helicopters are supposed to work. As an engineer one of your primary goals is to recover wrecks out in the field and to repair vehicles, this involves a lot of lifting vehicles with appropriate helicopters. In the mission notes it says I should be able to lift most vehicles with correct utility choppers but yet I see no lift UI nor do I see an option to 'lift vehicle' or similar.

ACE has its own lifting system I do not understand, and I believe it requires two people. The ACE system does not work for us since we cannot afford to have 25% of the players recovering wrecks on our small server. We need a solution where - like in vanilla - a pilot can lift wrecks and vehicles without the need of support personnel. Of course if recruited AI can accomplish this then all is well.

The 'lift UI' on/off toggle is still in the action menu so you must still be able to lift using scripts like the mission notes mentions. Why else would there be notes and an action menu UI toggle still around?

chinook is for vehicles and some tanks lift and medevac blackhawk is for wrecks only.

You have 2 options with ACE domination. You either use the sling ropes (you need a pilot and someone to attach ropes to the vehicle and the chopper) or use the actual lift script (pilot can do everything via scroll menu).

For more info, visit this http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104827-Editing-Expanding-and-Modifying-Domination

Hey guys, lately I have been making a mission which involves a parachute drop. A static C130 is set up, and the idea is to jump out and do a HALO drop, however I have a problem. Although the ACE HALO script seems to be executing and working, when I try to open the parachute, it says "chute opening" with the loading bar, but nothing happens once it is complete.

I can't seem to make it possible for the chute to actually deploy.

Any ideas?

Ok another ACE wounds question. I just started implementing this in missions and over all it works great. What I would like to know is can I change some of the things like, amount of damage you can bandage, time it takes to revive someone, give morphine etc. I don't want to get into "what is realistic", everyone has their own opinions on "what is realistic" and that is just what they are.. opinions. This is a game and it should be fun, when you are playing with only a couple of other people and only have short amounts of time to actually get to play, sitting for a minute and half and doing a revive/getting revived(plus time for bandaging,morphine,medkit etc) is not that much fun. I am not saying do away with anything, just give the mission maker the ability to define the time it takes to revive someone,give morphine, bandage etc. Again, I understand everyone is going to define "fun" differently, some folks may love doing the whole medical thing including medivac to hospital ,but their are others (like me) that just want a solid but simplified medical system.

Maybe this is already an option. If it is I can't find it.

Nomad

Hello,

I am currently working on a Panzerfaust 3 rocket launcher.

My intention on this Weapon is to use it with ACE and its disposal features.

Now about my question.

My launcher uses one Vanilla Arma2 Config and a additional Config for the ACE disposal.

When I am testing my launcher in Arma2 without mods, just my Launcher, it works like I want.

But when I want to shoot the Launcher in Arma2 with Ace, the rockets drops immediately to the ground.

This happens with and without the Config for the disposal.

The disposal features are also working, but the launcher itself is not useable under ACE because of the fast rocket drop.

I am using an own defined cfgAmmo class and I tried to change the parameters in the Vanilla config without any success.

Also I have tried to change the rocket ballistic with the ace rocket ballistc sys commands, also with no success.

What should I change or what have I missed on the Launcher to get it working correct with ACE?

If anyone know how to fix that I am thankful for every help.

Thanks.

Hi ACE team I am truly sorry to ask here but I need some advice it is ACE related though

I have the latest dynamic zombie sand box mission but when I try to use the ACE keys eg self interaction it does not work.

If I go into the editor thoug they do its some thing to do with the mission I have posted in the mission thread but I was hopeing to get a dedi server running tonight and play the mission with a few friends and I really want to play it with ACE as I do with every mission LOL.

Thanks in advance

When attaching a tripwire to a Claymore explosive it says "Too far away. Max. 0m". Is this a common bug?

I think I have encountered this before but I have had it work a bunch of times.

Very strange indeed.

What do the two different models of parachute do differently? There is a T-10 and MC-5. One is a bit heavier than the other. Cargo aircraft usually have 5x T-10 packs and 24x MC-5 packs. Aside from weight and availability I see no differences.

Try them and see. The T-10 is round and the MC-5 is steerable. The MC-5 also takes longer to open.

Try them and see. The T-10 is round and the MC-5 is steerable. The MC-5 also takes longer to open.

I just tested in the editor and it appears the round T-10 actually takes longer to deploy its canopy. The MC-5 is almost instantaneous to deploy. Why would we use the T-10 I wonder. Maybe it has less chance to hurt you on landing because it has a larger canopy?

I just tested in the editor and it appears the round T-10 actually takes longer to deploy its canopy. The MC-5 is almost instantaneous to deploy. Why would we use the T-10 I wonder. Maybe it has less chance to hurt you on landing because it has a larger canopy?

In real life? Because its cheaper and you use them for airborne units, where you have dozens or hundreds of jumpers at once.

Yeah, some advantages can only be implemented by a mission maker (such as price). Basically the main reason not to use the better one is because the better one is not available in the specific mission you're playing. Same for why you might use a T-55 over a T-72 even though the T-72 is better on all aspects.

When I go to launch ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead the game gives me a status box that says "Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found". And it say that this error is from the ace mod. How do i fix this I've already tried re-installing it many times doesn't do anything. I need help I want to play the game again.

In real life? Because its cheaper and you use them for airborne units, where you have dozens or hundreds of jumpers at once.

And sometimes I won't give a steerable parachute to a bunch of freaks with weapons as a missionmaker. It is better if they hit the ground where the team leader or missionmaker wants them ;)

When I go to launch ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead the game gives me a status box that says "Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found". And it say that this error is from the ace mod. How do i fix this I've already tried re-installing it many times doesn't do anything. I need help I want to play the game again.

Reformat your hdd and reinstall windows? Thats way faster than doing a search on the forums. You trying to alter ace files, illegally? idk, just trying to help :)

good luck

Reformat your hdd and reinstall windows? Thats way faster than doing a search on the forums. You trying to alter ace files, illegally? idk, just trying to help :)

good luck

I haven't done anything with the mod i installed it used it for like a day then took it off and it gave me this

Ok, first let me say ACE is awsome oh and that every question I have I tried searching and I didnt get the answer needed. Also, please excuse my noobness, kinda new to ACE.

1. Where is the TAC 50 sniper rifle and how do I get it?

Ive looked everywhere and I cant seem to find the Tac 50 or the Tac 50 SD. Heres what I usually do. I open editor. Put down a magic box and I spawn myself in as a USMC Sniper. I look in the magicbox I seem to see every weapon/object in the game except the Tac 50. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Why cant I use Goggles/Masks in Multiplayer?

In singleplayer I can equip Masks, goggles, earplugs, ETC. But as Soon as I go online with a friend they dont show up in the self interaction menu even though I have them in my gear.

3. When Im playing as combat medic and I give an AI morphine he just lays there on the ground. When I examine him it says hes under the infuence of Morphine. Ive continued playing for like 30 mins just to come back to the AI and hes still laying there like hes unconsious but hes still under the influence of morphine. Is there something Im missing?

4. For some reason my friend cant change his Key binding for the interaction menu. Its automatically set as his Right windows key but he doesnt have one so when he tries to change it, it doesnt allow him to save the change. We made sure it wasnt a repeat key and i still doesnt work. Any help?

Thanks in Advance for any help.